Brad Pitt Joins USA Bid Committee

Brad Pitt Joins USA Bid Committee

Brad Pitt is the newest member of the Board of Directors for the USA Bid Committee, which hopes to bring the FIFA World Cup to the United States in 2018 or 2022.

“Soccer is a truly global sport and the opportunity to join the effort to have the U.S. host the world’s greatest sporting event again is a great honor,” said the 46-year-old actor. “FIFA has set a world standard for using sport as a tool for positive social change and I’m proud to be associated with a United States World Cup Bid that has so ardently adhered to the principles established by FIFA.”

Brad joins the prestigious list of athletes, politicians, and pop culture celebrities that are supporting the bid, including director Spike Lee (pictured here with Brad over the Memorial Day weekend), Gossip Girl’s Penn Badgley, rocker Gavin Rossdale, comedian Drew Carey, California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

You can help this cause by signing the petition that Brad did at GoUSABid.com!

Posted to: Brad Pitt, Spike Lee

ABC

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 713 » Show All

Not sure if that is a new pic.. but it looks like he was in NOLA over part of the weekend.. if that picture is current.

Love Brad so

I have to say I’ve really been getting into soccer lately. Most English , but I would love for the World cup to come to the USA .

awwwwwwww love brad go USA 1994 world cup was awesome

i thing brad was there because of the oil spill and make it right spike is doing a documentary about nola

Yay, I love him!!

good job
31 u–s–d Coa–ch,Gu–cci,L–V,Cha—nel han–dbag,
15u-s-d- Gucci,E–d Ha–rd–y sun–gl—a-sses
cheapmaket.c-o-m

whatabeauty @ 06/02/2010 at 12:40 pm

Yeah, Shiloh will probably with daddy at the game!
Brad Pitt knowing how you work and with Angie supporting you the FIFA World Cup will be playing here .

Am not a major soccer fan but I remember the excitement when the USA in general, and Chicago in particular hosted the 1994 World Cup. Everyone is Chicago was suddenly a soccer nut (like everyone now is a major hockey fan. Go Blackhawks! Ooops, I digress), and it was a lot of fun. I don’t know if Brad is a soccer fan (though he did mention wanting a soccer team of kids), but I am glad that he accepted membership in this group. I hope they succeed.
===================
Hmmm, his beard is still long, so this pic must be new, but was it really taken over the Memorial Day weekend?

Is it just me his beard is shorter? Love Brad and World cup.

@briseis:
might be new spike is doing a documentary to show the progress and problems in nola since brad played a big part in helping nola he had to be there am really loving the beard i will actually miss it

@lurker: Oh, thanks, lurker. Wasn’t sure — Jared is not exactly accurate all of the time so I take everything he writes with a grain of salt.

Everything_but_the_Girl @ 06/02/2010 at 12:56 pm

Victoria Beckham has long been praying her Gods for a chance to befriend The Brandgelina–so far she’ stuck with Eva Longoria’s B-List ass! Apparently with Tomkat there is only a bromance between Becks and Tom, as her and Katie fell apart. The Smiths like to keep their lives private…i bet Posh camp ‘s already working on it

Treacy’s Model Casting

MILLINERY master Philip Treacy has cited Brad Pitt as his ideal casting to play the role of himself in the new biopic of his late friend Isabella Blow. Treacy confirmed the film is to be written by Max Nesome and produced by Anders Palm.

“I am trying desperately to forget that someone will actually have to play me in this film,” Treacy told VOGUE.COM. “I would never want to appear in it myself- I am a hat designer not an actor. Acting isn’t my forte. If I could pick anyone I’d run with Brad Pitt but it’s wishful thinking and perhaps not very likely I know.”

Treacy last week unveiled a series of new hats and masks at the Museum of London, all inspired by historic examples. The pieces will be worn by mannequins in a recreation of a Georgian Pleasure Garden, as a part of the redevelopment of the museum’s galleries. Treacy commissioned London based artist Yaseman Hussein to design the copper wigs that compliment his featured designs. He recalled one famous style icon who set her heart on one of his intended museum designs before it made the gallery.

Spike Lee is SUCH a racist *ss.

I just read lainey and now I know why she is so far up x butt. She was wished AIDS upon her by x fans when they didnt like something she blogged. I could never understand it, now it makes complete sense! They went as far to say as ‘l hope you die of AlDS like Zahara’- pretty sick. Love to the Jolie-Pitt family, I am so sorry you are subjected to such vile people. I must say l love the whole lggy pop comparison. Hilarious.

Brad News @ 06/02/2010 at 1:03 pm

Brad Pitt Buys Rights to Tom Rachman’s ‘Imperfectionists’

By the Globe and Mail
Published: June 02, 2010

Brad Pitt has swooped in to buy the rights to Canadian writer Tom Rachman’s comic first novel, “The Imperfectionists,” for an undisclosed sum.

The novel, which is set in a dying English-language newspaper in Rome, is a series of linked stories about the reporters, editors and one crucial reader who have invested their lives in the newspaper and are desperate to keep it afloat. Rachman, 35, who was born in London but raised in Vancouver and educated at the University of Toronto, was a foreign correspondent at the Associated Press and an editor at the International Herald Tribune.

Pitt’s company, Plan B Entertainment, won the film rights over several producers, in a competition that was triggered by a glowing review of Rachman’s novel on the cover of the New York Times book review.

Observer2 @ 06/02/2010 at 1:04 pm

Looks like a new picture to me. His beard looks the same as it did in the Malibu pics and he’s wearing the white hat.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he’s in NOLA checking up on things. It’s been a number of months since he’s been there.

Oh great, here comes the bandwagoners. Suddenly Brad says he knows what a soccer ball is and all the Brangelina fans will come out of the woodwork.
I love soccer, and it sometimes annoys me that it isn’t very popular here in the US. I don’t really care about the US winning anything, but I just want matches shown as much as baseball and basketball.

It is a new picture. He was in NOLA on Monday. There was a tweet.

Penn Bagdley and Gavine Rossdale? okay, then…

Brad News @ 06/02/2010 at 1:20 pm

Pitt Joins US World Cup Committee

Brad Pitt joins bid committee trying to bring 2018 or 2022 World Cups to United States

NEW YORK June 2, 2010 (AP)

The United States has added more star power to its bid for the 2018 or 2022 World Cups, putting actor Brad Pitt on the committee trying to bring back soccer’s premier event.

The USA Bid Committee said on Wednesday that Pitt accepted an invitation to join the group, which also includes former President Bill Clinton, former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger , New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and comedian Drew Carey.

Pitt said he was honored to join the effort to have the U.S. again host “the world’s greatest sporting event.”

The U.S. hosted the tournament in 1994.

FIFA’s executive committee will select the 2018 and 2022 hosts in a vote on Dec. 2.

I hope he is there to raise funds for the Louisiana fisherman who are not making any money now, how about a televised benefit for that like they had for the Haiti earthquake victims, where is Hollywood? why are they not helping? I guess helping US victims in not as fashionable as helping foreign countries

I just sighed the petition. Join Brad and support the USA.

Bearded Man @ 06/02/2010 at 1:29 pm

@A fan:

No, this is a older pic. His beard is just as gross and dirty and ratty as always. Seems he wants to look ugh. It’s working. The Sexiest Man alive is no longer . He was a hunk, in the old days. Sigh…

SurfingEagle @ 06/02/2010 at 1:30 pm

Are they sure this isn’t Brad joining the USA Beard Committee.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 713 » Show All