Kate Plus 8: Ratings Success!

Kate Plus 8: Ratings Success!

Kate Gosselin is here to stay!

Her new reality show special Kate Plus 8 (sans ex Jon Gosselin) pulled in great ratings for TLC on Sunday (June 6).

First episode “6th Birthday Surprise” attracted 3.4 million viewers while “Inside Kate’s Worlds” pulled in 3 million.

According to EW, “Both episodes not only posted triple-digit gains over TLC’s second quarter averages in the time period but earned double-digit ratings and delivery gains over the November 2009 airings of Jon and Kate Plus 8.” Wow!

Kate also has a full-fledged reality show debuting this fall called Twist of Kate, where Kate will take on various jobs across America.

TiVo season pass? DONE!

• Johnny Galecki and Kelli Garner have decided to split- US Weekly
  • Check out a new poster for Jane the Virgin- Just Jared Jr
  • Read some of Helen Mirren's most inspirational quotes- Huffington Post
  • How much is Katie Holmes' new home in Calabasas?- Lainey Gossip
  • Kristin Cavallari shows off her body in a very tight dress- Hollywood Tuna

She’s never going to go away:-(

Enjoyed the episode last night! Kate has a strong personality which sometimes comes off the wrong way. However, you almost have to be like that with 8 kids and no husband. Even if you can’t stand Kate, kids are as cute as ever.

I can’t believe this is considered entertainment.

I can’t believe this is considered entertainment.

What kind of person turns on the TV and goes “I think I will watch the Kate Plus 8 Show”. You should break your TV(s) right now, your TV is screaming for help.

way to go kate!!!… love you and your kids!!!.

LOL – I cannot believe the spin TLC is putting on this. 3 million viewers for a premier episode after all the publicity this woman has gotten over the last year? I will venture most of it was curiosity. She won’t sustain these ratings.

TLC. What the hell happened to you? From this to that gross Sarah Palin program on Alaska that they are paying her a fortune for… its become such a trashy channel supporting money grubbing hags. Say Yes to the Dress is the only entertaining show left on this channel.

@Ken: Now c’mon dude we know your really a guy unless your gay watchin this stuff

What were my MTV awards ratings?

I’m glad that she got these ratings! These kids have grown in front of the public’s eye, and people like them. She is trying to provide fro her family and is doing what she can. I’m happy for her.

SickofKate @ 06/07/2010 at 7:57 pm

@Jennie:

Kate was nasty when she was married…Kate is just plain nasty…everyone who knows her well knows this is so. Why do you believe she only had to get tough once she became a single parent?

How did jon and kate get there show in the first place, I’m sure there are more people out there that have more than one kid at a time, you don’t see them using there kids like kate does, you have a nursing degree right. well use it like any other person would do quit using your kids to make yourself rich.

SickofKate @ 06/07/2010 at 8:01 pm

OMG I can’t believe how naive people are. That’s why we’re never going to get rid of Kate. She made $500,000.00 for DWTS…she is making millions for the 2 new TLC series. She’s made money from ET for co-hosting. She released a book in April..it didn’t do well but she still made lots of money from it. You want to be concerned about women raising children alone your concern is totally and completely misplaced. I wish people would GET this..what a con the woman is. I think US audiences are idiots..and so we’re stuck with seeing this woman everywhere. She is pretty much the worst of what a modern woman can be. I cannot wait until her children grow up and at least a couple of them will tell her like it is!

I’m so sick of seeing this woman.

Here we go again….

She and her poor, pimped out kids will go on forever. I truly can’t fathom who her audience is and why they would watch. That is why I have a remote! I’ll not be watching kate&8, win a date w/kate, kate finds a mate, what kate ate………. ad nauseam..

TLC is promoting the show with official K+8 Drool Cups for the complete morons that watch this tuurd of a show.

that is all @ 06/07/2010 at 9:27 pm

God, what a worthless tw/at. What do people see in her?

a real mom @ 06/07/2010 at 9:42 pm

@nelson:

Kate and Jon started calling stations to see if there was any interest in following her pregnancy. They planned to exploit their children from the very beginning….total trash!

Who cares about Kate? I’m only watching it to see these children grow!

The show will not go on forever. These kids will not stay young forever and when they become young adults people will not care about them (the cute factor will be out the window). So yes Kate may go on to do other things w/out her rugrats but Kate plus 8 only has a few more years of “cuteness” left.
I happen to not care. I find the show to be more of Kate minus 8. She sort of finds away with that annoying voice to be overbearing on any situation and be the center of attention! Now we know why Mady is the has temper tantrums every episode…the apple doesnt’ fall far from the tree!

I love Kate and I loved this show. I especially loved the second episode of Kate Plus 8. It was very interesting to see her as a real person with real struggles.

For those of you who don’t like it – go away. Did you ever think that someone is tracking the hits on this story and the more comments you make, the more popular the story becomes and thus the more popular Kate becomes. Think about it. Also, face it – she is a single mom with 8 kids to provide for. Unless you want to pay her to be on social services, she will have to continue to make the boucoup cash for her family. So shut your mouth.

Cold Water @ 06/07/2010 at 9:56 pm

I used to love this show but two things….one, there is no way this is healthy for growing children and ….two, too much Kate and not enough kids. I would love to watch these kids grow but I refuse to contribute to the unhealthy invasion of these growing children, so I say to them from my side of the television, good bye and good luck. You all should too if you care about the future of these children. They get all the bad about being celebrities and very little of its benefits. I even hear the the State of Pennsylvania is the process of enacting child protection laws. (the state they all live in)

We have watched the show since the beginning and have always loved the little kids. On the one hand, it is fun to watch kids see the wonders of the world for the first time – like their adventures at Sea World. On the other hand, I don’t like their private life exposed, but they know no other life. I have to say that I enjoyed the show without having to see Jon & Kate arguing every two seconds, but now something has to be done about Mady. Can she be removed from the show?

good for her, Here is mother trying hard to feed her childern, there are some who critize her for it. you go girl do what you have to do, to put food on your plate of your kids. not luxury.

Ms. Anonymous @ 06/07/2010 at 10:16 pm

Thanks a lot, North America. :(

Tell me, how does it feel knowing you added in explotiing 8 kids because you watched? Well, that’s what you did.

Ms. Anonymous @ 06/07/2010 at 10:17 pm

@Lauren:

No I won’t go away, she abused Jon and she abuses her kids, she has ruined their LIVES. Can’t you see that?

Ms. Anonymous @ 06/07/2010 at 10:18 pm

@bet:

The only thing she loves is fame, not her kids.

a real mom @ 06/07/2010 at 10:33 pm

The ratings state that 3.4 million watched Kate last night.. That’s not exactly true…since you must have 2 brain cells to have a functioning synapse it actually makes the number 1.7 million.

a real mom @ 06/07/2010 at 10:46 pm

@Puffin:
WTF. How about letting the children have a normal life! What do you think should be done with Mady since she has so ruined the entertainment value of this show? Should she be drugged, locked up, or permanently exterminated? Maybe TLC can find a stand-in to take her place. For the love of God…she is a child not an unsightly piece of furniture! Did you actually read what you wrote before posting? On the other hand this fully demonstrates the caliber of people who watch this drivel.

Billyjeanbobbysue @ 06/07/2010 at 11:17 pm

I wants to tune in every week an see fur myself what great stuff Kate and her litter have gotten for free.

sub 80 IQ's @ 06/07/2010 at 11:36 pm

Where would TLC be without the complete dumbing down of the American population over the last 25 years?

WHO watched that shameless self-promoting media sluut?

I didn’t watch!!!!!!
She is such a liar. She doesn’t do it all herself. She is exploiting her kids just to make money for herself. She has to have enough money now to live a modest life and stay home and raise her kids. Get rid of the expensive house, useless boobyguard, tanning, plastic surgery, fake hair, etc etc etc. Stay home with the kids instead of running around the country. Stay off my tv. I have quit watching the Today show, the View, and ET online and most of TLC now because of her. I have written to sponsors of TLC and her show. I am so sick of her.

Disgusting narcissist.

Sick of Kate @ 06/08/2010 at 1:23 am

I’m so sick of this media *****! But then again, if TLC is able to get her to do these shows for the sake of ratings and money, then I guess she is a *****. She can be bought. Now lets see her bend over and take more, I’m sure she’s good for another cool half million.

Congratulations to Kate plus 8!!!! You all deserve this…and the show was great! Thank you for persevering, Kate!!!

@a real mom:

That’s pretty cruel for you to talk about others that way…BTW that behavior only takes 1/2 a brain cell that isn’t even matured!!

And yes, Cruel is my middle name!

All my friends and family were so anxious to see the Gosselin children again … we were not disappointed. We support you Kate and always will. Thanks TLC.

@Bella:

hahaha Love this post – hilarious! But you forgot ‘Kate poses at the gate” and “Kate’s new mate’. hehehe

@TIM GUNN:

ME, for about 3 minutes. All I heard was Kate and her sarcasm and little shots at everyone. I heard the name Alexis 3 times in those 3 minutes and it was ENOUGH. Nothing has changed except maybe Jon who got OUT!

Can’t believe she is hugging her boys in the picture above, it will be the only one for the next 25 shows. There they are in their golf shirts and long shorts, the girls in their skirts and sleeveless tops. Nothing has changed except maybe Jon who got OUT.

V. Reynauld @ 06/08/2010 at 2:32 am

Anyone remember when TLC stood for “The Learning Channel”? Now it stands for “Televised Loads of Crap”. Kate and her brood need to be unceremoniously booted from the airwaves and Child Protective Services needs to investigate her (and Jon) for abuse, neglect and pimping out their children for their own personal material gain.

Neither of them give a damn about the kids. It was all about Jon and Kate. Kate was the worse of the two. She is not a real parent and wouldn’t even know how to react if she wasn’t getting freebies and a salary by selling her kids for cash.

Absolutely despicable. Maybe if Child Protective Services got involved, these kids could find loving homes where they’d get love and attention instead of used as a marketing device with cameras shoved in their face during their important formative years.

Lol, this is horrendous.

When will this family go away!!!!

hannah lightfot @ 06/08/2010 at 10:48 am

@Puffin: Your disgusting to even suggest that a child be removed from their family, goes to show ya what absentminded fans she attracts, how dare you make such a remark about a 9 year old, sorry she messed up your viewing as you chomped on your popcorn and washed it down with your cheap beer

I find it interesting that 3.4 million is considered good: check out this article from the last episode of Jon and Kate Plus 8:

Once again, the TLC spin machine is working overtime. Looks to me like desparation is setting in.

Kate-
I hope you realized how much hate for you is there floating in the atmosphere and that it all catches up to you and you get what you deserve.

The world owes me BIG time ! …. So drop on by every week and see what abundance having multiples brings you,,,,,I’ll lay down a few boo hoo poor- me lines,,show you all my great stufff,,,,then watch me enjoy my all expense paid vacations and trips…sprinkle in a bit of conceit, a healthy dose of smack-down codescension, a large portion of the ingrate and THEN ? I just may show a hint of affection towards my offspring,,,,for the cameras, naturally. Come watch the fun !

Everything was free and even the Birthday Party was prepared by Discovery execs and with all the help she recieved she still complained and didn’t leave a tip including cleaning up a little after her kids, yeah shes a great person, tell that to the people here at Discovery Cove who had to work overtime to please this woman and her kids and no thank you….hmmmmmm

correct me if I am wrong, but haven’t the ratings been cut in half (or more) since the the show’s last season..didn’ they regularly used to get 6 million plus viewers? and this is a highly advertised season premiere.

The kids are adorable. I watch just for them. The show spends too much time on Kate thought which is annoying.

feifferflower @ 06/08/2010 at 12:06 pm

Please someone tell this woman to stop dressing her children like little carbon copies of each other. These are beautiful little individuals who need to be recognized for their own uniqueness rather than displayed as little dolls that are interchangeable and only worth their “cutness” value. This can be SO psychologically harmful, I am really shocked that there has been no attention given to this issue. Being part of a large family is beautiful as long as each member is treasured and appreciated for their multiple individual and unique contributions.

GO KATE!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU- your tenacity, your parenting, your new look, your drive. You’re an inspiration to other Mother’s faced with divorce and having to provide for your children.

The kids are adorable. Maddy needs a time out sometimes though. If you don’t nip her behavior in the bud she will become a real handful and be the first kid to want to play the “I’m not getting what I want here, so I want to go live with Dad” game. Been there, done that. Good luck with her, and with your other kids. Keep up the great work!!

JJ is so cluttered with ads it is hardly worth it to visit the site anymore.

JJ is so cluttered with ads it is hardly worth it to visit the site anymore.

JJ is so cluttered with ads it is hardly worth it to visit the site anymore.

@Ms. Anonymous: WOW SHE ABUSED JON? ARE YOU KIDDING? HAVE YOU EVER BEEN AROUND A REAL ABUSED WIFE,HUSBAND, CHILD, ANIMAL? YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WHEN YOU THROW AROUND THE WORD ABUSE. PICK ANOTHER WORD.

Never watched, never will. But from what I hear, it is just trash. Kate is another Sarah Palin.

@ABUSED:

There are different types of abuse, but ‘abuse’ is the correct word to use for what Kate did to Jon. Verbal and mental ‘abuse’ is what she did. Still does. AND I’ll even go as far as to say she is ‘abusive’ to her little boys. Calling them ‘dirty’ and ‘disgusting’ and ‘eww ick bleck’ IS ‘abusive’.

but what about jon’s show?

WHO is watching this sh*tzzz???!!! I am horrified that people actually watch this crazed, sick looney tune!!!

Do that many people really not have lives??? Yikes!!!!
Our country is in deeeeep doooo-doooo if that’s the case.

GAWD make her go away….pleeeease!!!!!!
(i think the ratings hype is a major lie tho – - no way there are that many sick pedophiles watching these kids — as that is the ONLY people who would even want to watch. maybe tv sets should have ankle bracelets — yuk!!)

a real mom @ 06/08/2010 at 3:44 pm

LAST YEAR’S FIRST SHOW HAD 9.8 MILLION VIEWERS…….NICE SPIN, TLC, BUT A 2/3 REDUCTION IN VIEWERSHIP AIN’T SO GOLD1

IN THE KNOW @ 06/08/2010 at 4:51 pm

The show got panned……….JJ can be bought apparently……..no secret to anyone in the industry…..this is not a news site its a gossip sight where placement can be bought.

I enjoyed both episodes. It was fun to catch up with the kids and the second hour gave me more insight into everything Kate has been through. She is one strong womean.

Not surprised at the healthy numbers – up against the baskeball playoffs and MTV Awards no less – great job Kate. You have a LOT of people in your corner.

Ok THANK YOU!!!!!!! I am so glad I am not alone! this woman puts Jon down every chance she can! I am so sick of her..”paparazi wont leave me alone” HELLO, what did u expect? She is doing all these shows? when does she spend time with her kids? I am a single working mother and i am OFFENDED by this”I have to work for my kids” ok, if working is talking and dancing and cleaning your garage and writing books, going to photo sessions???? OK “Single working mother”, some of us do our own makeup, hair, dress ourselves, feed our children, dress them, clean, shop for food, cook, etc AND REALLY WORK! AND do it without ANY help. So when i can see you working an office job or real job where you are away from your children 10 hours a day, feed, cloth, drive them to school , etc.. all without helpers… than you MAY call yourself a SINGLE MOM, but untill then…. dont try to get our pitty… PLEASE people lets stop making this woman famous and give her what she so desperately wants, (no paparazi). So stop watching this crap and lets make this woman unfamous!.. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen…..if you KATE LOVERS cannot see how much this woman loves money, free trips, free stuff, herself, money, herself, money and more money, then you have a serious problem. Kate has found the perfect way to do NOTHING and get a big, fat paycheck for it. She could CARE LESS about what this is doing to the kids, their self-esteem and how they will one day perceive their spouse. It is dispicable and Kate is one selfish person. Personally, I see it all as TLC using Kate and Kate using TLC…..because in the end, it is all about one thing and one thing only…………M*O*N*E*Y. Nothing else. And I am so sick of Kate saying the exact opposite. I think people only watched this new show because they were curious. It won’t last. Too many people out there see her for who and what she really is. She is a fake and people like her do not last. Personally, I wish the woman would go away and get a real job. I am over her.

why is anyone promoting her? @ 06/13/2010 at 3:31 pm

who the hell is watching these shows??

I will watch the show where Bodyguard Steve confesses that Kate is pregnant with his baby because (surprise) she didn’t need fertility drugs afterall. I know, that’s obnoxious, but so is this show. She has no friends left to interact with (ala, Housewives of Wherever), so has to talk to the cameramen and her bodyguard (and, why does she need a bodyguard and the kids do not?)

don’t watch the show (anymore), but am intrigued about these ratings numbers. Personally I think TLC is The Little people Channel.

Jokergurl @ 06/17/2010 at 8:32 pm

I hope once her kids get to be teenagers they make her life a living hell just like she is making their lives now. Karma’s a real b***ch Kate. You could not pay me to watch this child exploitative show for any amount. People who do, seek therapy just imagine if those were your own kids would you really put them through that psychological minefield? No, it’s wrong.

geez come on people @ 06/24/2010 at 2:58 pm

Geez….I was hoping we’d all come together and finally get this woman off TV!!!! Who’s watching this show?!? If you are…STOP!

E Hernandez @ 07/03/2010 at 10:25 pm

Mady is not some character on a TV show. You can’t just fire her. She is a part of this family, and always will be.

Come on people. The only reason this show got “record” ratings (which I doubt) is because people want to see the train finally fall off the bridge already. I like how it opens with a bunch of scenes showing how much the kids “love” the presence of the camera crew. IT’S BECAUSE THAT’S BASICALLY THEIR FATHER NOW AND THEY KNOW NOTHING ELSE. Shut the hell up. Please stop this and be a real mother. Go back to being a nurse and stop living off of your children. You two already screwed up your marriage, do you really want to screw up their lives? Heading in that direction. This is all about MONEY now. Anyone remember when TLC actually did involve programs that helped you learn more than how much you hate the filth this industry spews out and pretends people actually like? What a joke.

well you know how the old saying goes MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL , I feel sorry for this stupid woman she has no idea how to raise a family only how to exploit the kids

Before this show came back on the air, Kate was going on and on about how she was this poor little single mother. I can’t watch this show with out thinking about real single mothers who have to go out into the real world and try to keep their kids fed.
I hope she remembers them when shes trying to find the perfect spot for her chicken coop :(

@Davidd: @SickofKate:
For someone with such a negative attitude, you sure know a lot about this woman. What are you, a stalker? Maybe you need to grow up and go away.

Let the woman work for her family. If she was working as a nurse 24/7 people would complain about her not being a good mother. If she was on welfare like OCTO MOM they would be complaining. DON’T LIKE THE SHOW. DON’T WATCH IT….I have one 3 year old and don’t know how she did it all those years WITH OUT HELP! Now she has it and she deserves it! I like the show and watching the kids react with life in general. Kids don’t know how to be fact so this to me is the REAL show not something acted out.

Everone knows Kate is all about herself . She says everything she does is for the children but we all know the truth,Kate is for Kate.Iam so looking forword to the future to see how well she handles eight teenagers. I just pray to god those children do not end up on the wrong path in life. Lets all pray for the children.

What happened to the natural Kate we once saw? Her flashy outfits and high heels walking around new York city are so unlike who she once was. I miss the old Kate.

Watching Kate plus 8 was just as I expected. It’s all about Kate and
showing off her new bod and the kids are cute, but in my view being used.
I shall watch no more.
My favorite shows are Kat von D. (L.A Ink)
American Choppers. (Love Mikey)
Cake Boss
Ultimate Cake Off. and the best of all “Say Yes to the Dress.”

Oh! I like 19 kids and counting and What not to wear.

Hello There. I discovered your weblog the use of msn. This is a really smartly written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your helpful information. Thanks for the post. I will certainly return.