Gerard Butler & Goga Ashkenazi: Couple In The Works?

Gerard Butler & Goga Ashkenazi: Couple In The Works?

Gerard Butler reportedly is trying to woo London-based Kazakhstani billionaire Goga Ashkenazi, according to NY Post.

The possible pair met at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival last month and he was spotted visiting her West London mansion last weekend.

A source reveals, “Gerard was spotted chatting up Goga at a party in Cannes and they exchanged numbers.”

FYI: Goga is a close friend of Prince Andrew and is an Oxford graduate with a gold-mining and construction company.

Getty

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 727 » Show All
How do I put this?... @ 06/09/2010 at 11:09 am

See. THIS is why the corny playboy image has to be put on a back burner. I said a while ago that this isn’t going to be a good look in a minute.

He may be “wooing” her, or he may be just trying to make her a “backer” (Exec producers don’t put in all of their OWN money, if they don’t have to – that’s poor investing, especially in THIS economy). But his reputation now precedes him, he’s being loose in his selection of associates, and everyone is prepared to think the worst. Which is kind of weird because THIS VERY WEBSITE has proven to be SO WRONG in it’s facts/sources many times before (including about Butler), still very few are questioning THIS story, but there you go…

Hate to say it, but I hope he stays gone for a minute. Just pop back up acting his @ss off in movie stills, not in yet-another-model-in-yet-another-club pics, and he needs to step up or abandon “The French Connection” he and Laurie keep trying to sell us. He’s got damage control to tend to for the last month-and-a-half (make that the last 3+ years)…

gossiphound @ 06/09/2010 at 11:10 am

My bad that was 2009 they have a picture of her at, she was at the AmFar Gala however this year.

gossiphound @ 06/09/2010 at 11:15 am

@Stinkylouise: No that is yet a different feature on her. That is the Evening Standard.

See this is why I am getting a sense even billionaire socialites will use GB for PR. Why is she on a PR drive all of a sudden? She hasn’t got enough money?

gossiphound @ 06/09/2010 at 11:19 am

@gossiphound: Okay taking a good look at the photos with that article, the other article she looks very business like and socialitey, it seems for some, money is not enough. I am guessing she looking for fame now. How many owners of a gold mine pose semidressed?

gossiphound @ 06/09/2010 at 11:23 am

@redOctober: Try this

I keep forgetting about bit.ly

@redOctober:
…sending healing hugs to Camelot.
* * *
Thanks!! *hugs back!* *feels a bit better!*
@gossiphound:
How many owners of a gold mine pose semidressed?
* * *
LOL!! Is she using GB or viceversa?? This woman bought a 28million £ mansion, I mean… it’s like… more than all the houses Gerry can afford!!

gossiphound @ 06/09/2010 at 11:37 am

Given the men she’s dated in the past he does seem rather out of her league. Isn’t it ironic that both Moran Atias and this woman have dated Flavio Briatore, allegedly. That guy creeps me out but you know, money changes everything.

I can’t believe how stupid and gullible people have to be in order to believe anything that is written. ROTF. Cannes is the time to find people with money for movie making. HELLO! He’s a businessman as well as an actor. Good lord. And who’s to say they exchanged numbers? The Post? Wow … no wonder Hollywood things Americans are stupid. We’re proving that we are.

Blast away …

Stinkylouise @ 06/09/2010 at 11:39 am

“LOL!! Is she using GB or viceversa??”

I’d say it’s mutual. She wants fame and he wants $$$. Win,win.LOL!

Gerry is the new Hugh Grant.

Hugh went from AA stripper/prostitute to Liz Hurley (or was it at the same time) to Jemima Khan (nee Goldstein)

How do I put this?... @ 06/09/2010 at 11:47 am

@gossiphound:
“Why is she on a PR drive all of a sudden? She hasn’t got enough money?”

She’s got MONEY, she doesn’t have POWER or INFLUENCE. Especially on an international scale. Lottery winners have money, not power/influence, and we wouldn’t know them if the walked down the street. She wants THE WORLD to recognize her, not just the Eastern Hemisphere. And who better to help her with that at the moment than…?

In other words, like Paris Hilton (Nikki, not as much), The Davis Brothers, etc she’s a billionaire FAMEWH*RE. Notice we rarely Anitha Onassis? Not a famewh*re.

@Stinkylouise:
LOL!!!
* * *
This time I don’t think it would be mutual…
She’s so rich she could buy so many Gerry alikes that.. she doesn’t need the goofy original one.
Wow… Can you imagine how crazy phannies would go trying to buy her Gerry’s sosias on Ebay?!? A lot better than a Marek’s doll…..
* * *

honestly... @ 06/09/2010 at 11:53 am

@Lisa D.: “Wow … no wonder Hollywood things Americans are stupid. We’re proving that we are.”
———
I don’t take anything I read on a gossip site all that seriously, and I suspect most of the (sane) posters on here don’t either. And I would hope that “Hollywood” doesn’t think Americans are stupid, considering that Hollywood is IN America and primarily run by Americans! LOL!

How do I put this?... @ 06/09/2010 at 11:54 am

That should read “Notice we rarely see/hear from Anitha Onassis?”

Speaking of Onassis, why doesn’t Gerry try to get Latsis Jr or Niarchos Jr to invest some money in his movies?
Both of them are in LA and both studied film and such and they both hang out in the same places Gerry does….
At least he won’t have to ***** himself out to them, they’re men!

Stinkylouise @ 06/09/2010 at 12:02 pm

“Gerry’s usual paycheck is her weekly salary……Don’t think she’s stooping THAT low…”

Well……..if she’s trying to get a foot in the HW door, she has to start somewhere…..even the bottom of the celeb food chain.LOL!

@How do I put this?…: I agree with you. I think she’s the one using him for press, not the other way around. She has money, but she doesn’t have Gerry’s fame and she clearly wants fame. And before people jump on me, no I don’t think GB is a victim here. I’m sure in exchange for her enjoying some of his press heat, he gets an infusion of cash into Evil Twins. He wants her money, she wants his fame — win/win. I don’t think he necessarily slept with her, either. He didn’t have to. Press for her in exchange for cash for him. Actual bodily fluids don’t need to be involved for that. Anything is possible, of course, but my guess is, if he was at her place Sunday evening, it was dinner and a business meeting. JMO

@Stinkylouise:
OMG, I can’t stop laughing Stinky!! I’m just picturing Gerry like a giant A-list cupcake!!
*Merlin sides are hurting*

honestly... @ 06/09/2010 at 12:16 pm

I would like to offer a “thumbs up” to BloAss, and one to whoever coined her nickname.

Socialite in the making @ 06/09/2010 at 12:19 pm

@I have a price on one arm…:

Well she has nice ones at least and looks like a woman! I’m sure he got a couple more numbers there as why would he stop at just her number?

Ah! Gerry! When will you entertain us again with your acting for a change! Lol!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 727 » Show All