Lindsay Lohan's SCRAM Bracelet Set Off By Spilled Drink, Says Mom
“She was at the MTV Awards and somebody spilled a drink on her leg, which must have set off the SCRAM bracelet,” Dina told Page Six. “She has done absolutely nothing wrong and shouldn’t have to wear the bracelet in the first place. She is doing absolutely fine.”
However, SCRAM’s national sales manager, AJ Gigler, told Access Hollywood that a spilled drink would show a sharp spike on a report from the bracelet. The device measures alcohol in a person’s system based on perspiration collected every half hour.
“When somebody spills something on someone’s leg or arm or even directly on the device, it’s going to show a very stark and quick peak for alcohol detection, which compared to what is humanly possible through absorption rates is going to look drastically different than that of some ingested alcohol,” AJ explained.
Dina also told Page Six that Lindsay is considering joining the cast of Celebrity Apprentice, but that she has three films in production, so her schedule is very busy.