Ashton Kutcher's Credit Card Gets Denied

Ashton Kutcher's Credit Card Gets Denied

Ashton Kutcher and his wife, Demi Moore, wanted popcorn and soda during their movie date at LA’s ArcLight theater on June 13.

So imagine Ashton’s embarrassment when his credit card was denied at the concession stand just minutes before the 7PM showing of Get Him to the Greek!

A witness says that when Ashton, 32, and Demi, 47, didn’t have enough cash with them, Ashton tried plastic. When it was rejected, “The manager rushed over, apologized and gave them everything for free,” a witness tells InTouch Weekly. “He didn’t seem embarrassed at all. They just laughed it off.” Haha!

Valerie Macon/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Why are you posting crap from Outta Touch Weekly? It’s one thing for trolls to brings that garbage here but a blog shouldn’t use them as a source of information.

see, not fair, this would NEVER happen to joe schmo. not fair. been to the archlight. too expensive in my book – like almost $20 a ticket.

Considering the crappy movies Kutcher’s made in his career, it’s surprising this hasn’t happened sooner!

Was it debit or credit?
Cuz sometimes those machines don’t function well with the debit cards even when it has enough founds, which is probably why the manager apologized to them
ha!

this is what i hate about celebrities – exactly why should they have gotten everything for free just because they’re famous? Why is it that just because they’re famous, the rules somehow don’t apply for them? I mean, it’s not like it would have killed them to go without popcorn and soda because they couldn’t pay for it – and if they had dealt with it the way a normal person would have had to (i.e. just accepting that they couldn’t buy it). And why the hell did the manager apologise? It’s not his/her fault that Ashton’s credit card didnt work. I hate how people fawn over celebrities like that.

everything for free? that´s ridiculous

They should have to pay like everyone else!!

People with millions get everything for free? Hmmm seems they should pay for it instead of getting handouts. Is Demi draining the poor guy or what?

Obviously they would get it for free people. The fact that you are even talking about it should tell you why. 20$ tickets vs priceless free advertising. Not exactly a tough choice.

I hate how they got “everything” for free too. So unfair. If it was a normal person, the manager wouldn’t have “apologized” at all. He would have looked at this person like he/she was a fraud. I think rules should be applied to celebrities like it is for everybody else. It’s not like they’re Gods or Goddesses, COME ON!

Times a tickin @ 06/15/2010 at 8:45 pm

Its always the rich getting freebies. That’s probably why designer bags for example are so pricey, cause the celebs start carrying their freebie swag purse then regular people see it, want it and pay the inflated prices. Unfair but true.

sparkly sequins @ 06/15/2010 at 9:29 pm

yes, just what the rich people need: more freebies. this brown-nosing is disgusting.

I don’t think that Ashton has anything to worry about

“The manager rushed over, apologized and gave them everything for free,”?!??!! wtf-this is what’s wrong w/the is world. the rich getting things for free like it’s owed to them. what a tool!

mrs_fuzzybee @ 06/15/2010 at 10:34 pm

I call foul on the manager of the ArcLight Theater!

You would not make the same concession for a regular joe who’s credit card was denied – it is so very wrong for the manager to kiss Ashton & Demi’s broke butts and comp their food.

I will not be going back to the ArcLight any time soon unless the manager apologizing to us regular folk. This sort of special treatment results in us regular folks having to pick up the tab for faux-celebrities. For this manager knows Demi & Ashton could be cash poor and filing bankruptcy.

Wow. And in contrast I was once stopped by a cinema security guard because he thought I was sneaking into a movie, even though I had my damn ticket and payed for their nasty greased up food too. Jerks.

“when the card was denied, the manager gave them everything for free!”, is the reason why the losers of Hollywood walk around with so much entitlement…;

I wish the next regular guy would have it like that. That’s really uffed up!

F***TheCelebsAndThereFreebies @ 06/15/2010 at 11:26 pm

This is a good reason why people should boycott that particular movie theatre that gave them the freebies. Movie theater prices, including the prices on food are a freakin joke. Now had that been any over average joe they wouldn’ t have been so polite. Boycott!

offtheproperty @ 06/15/2010 at 11:27 pm

his SAG card should get denied

offtheproperty @ 06/15/2010 at 11:28 pm

heyyyyyo

Keep It Real @ 06/15/2010 at 11:31 pm

lol @ people mad at celebs getting special treatment as they comment on one of the dozens of sites discussing NOTHING but celeb lives/Work. lol They get treated because people (like everyone here) pay attention to what they do. DUH DUH DUH DUH

Now isn’t that ironic, if I was at the theater with no way to pay for my items the manager would have probably showed me the door. If it was an issue with the theater’s debit/credit machine they still would not have given me everything free. With the state of the economy it still seems like the “rich” are getting over.
All “celebrities” are human like everyone else why people feed their sense of entitlement and egos is beyond me. No I’m not hating before some one starts. I just find it funny that two people collectively that should have more money than I can count did not bring enough to pay for a movie and some food got it free and “laughed it off”.

Why did the manger give them the popcorn and soda for free? If it had been me I would have been sitting through “Get Him to the Greek” sans popcorn and soda.

this just shows how arrogant the couple is to not have cash or proper credit card in their pockets to pay for something while they make millions from stupid shows and dumb movies. The saddest part is that they can actually get away with this and “laugh it off”

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All