Alexander Skarsgard: Battleship Brothers with Taylor Kitsch!

Alexander Skarsgard: Battleship Brothers with Taylor Kitsch!

True Blood‘s Alexander Skarsgard has signed on to star as Taylor Kitsch‘s brother in the action-adventure Battleship, Universal’s adaptation of the Hasbro board game.

THR reports Alex will play a straight and narrow naval officer while Taylor will be the wildly spirited naval officer who idolizes his brother.

Peter Berg (Hancock) is directing the movie, which will have an “alien invasion” element. Alex and Taylor begin shooting Battleship on Aug. 30 in Hawaii.

TOO HOT TO HANDLE!!!

• Chris Brown and Drake are collaborating on a track together- TMZ
  • Cory Monteith's dad opens up on his death after one year- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Mitchell has signed on to star in Members Only- Just Jared Jr
  • When will Blake Lively go live with her new lifestyle website?- Lainey Gossip
  • Mariel Booth shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Alex and Taylor in the same project?! I don’t care what the plot is, I will definitely see this movie in the theater. (I’ll probably see it multiple times).

They’re both such funny and good guys in real life too…the environment on that film set is going to be FUN!

I love them both, I’m excited for this film!

evathediva @ 06/18/2010 at 10:45 am

Finally , Alex, a noteworthy projecy, hopefully. Wow, Taylor is waaay cute too!!! I hope Alex buffs up like he did gor GK.

Will see this movie!! Taylor is hot and Alex is hot when he is not hanging out with Kate Boney Bosworth!!

Wow, this sounds interesting. Good combo. Can’t wait to see the movie.

I n F a m o u s l y C o o l... @ 06/18/2010 at 10:54 am

…Cool news. But yo, you have a massive Hard-On for Skarsgard!

Oh, I see, it’s a battle to see who’s hotter! *.*

So cool for him but damn, a naval officer, he will have to cut his hair again hehe and I wanted it to grow long (and blond again) for Eric season 4 of True Blood! ;-)

Battleship sounds corny and lame….Alex can do better.Is this another supporting role for Alex..or will they bth be lead characters?

The two of them in a film by Peter Berg? I’m game!

At one point, this casting would’ve been a godsend. Now…not so much. Eh.

commonsense @ 06/18/2010 at 11:42 am

OMG! My two faves, if ever I were to have a threesome they would be it!

Taylor Kitsch is gonna be HUGE!

Mark my words!

Can’t wait for this movie!!!!!
And U guys should post more Taylor Kitsch news :P

from IMDB: @ 06/18/2010 at 11:55 am

“based on the Hasbro board game” really Alex?
Now I lost interest in this guy.

I will definitely watch this movie!

Doesn’t sound too promising. Movies based on games are hardly ever good….a board game? Sounds even worse than a videogame tie-in.

burnt bacon @ 06/18/2010 at 12:24 pm

LOL, Battleship? Seriously? No, seriously? Were the scripts for “Hungry, Hungry Hippos” and “Connect Four” not completed on time or something?
That said, I’d watch Taylor Kitsch read the d@mn phone book, so I’ll probably go see this.

Sounds like an Oscar contender for sure. *snort*

Hello Im a hater, and Im not judgemental, I got a crystal ball up my bum…

Anyways, Alex going to have a busy schedule this year…

Remember when he said that LA’s film industry it’s such a *creative environment*? well, he’s playing the supportive hunk in a cable vampire show (original… not!) and now he’s gonna be in a movie called “Battleship” based in a board game and alien invasions.
But… my little brother will love this.

You Sank My Battle Ship! @ 06/18/2010 at 12:51 pm

Oh yeah, this movie sounds promising. Not only is it Battleship (“F4!”), but its Battleship with aliens. You know what would be a better, more epic board game adaptation? Risk, a movie about Risk would be good. A movie about Battleship and aliens, not so much

Based on a board game? I really question the projects he picks. I mean there is Straw Dogs, which sounds stupid and now this.

Sounds like a clunker. Probably make good money but he’s definitely better than this.

Seems lame.
At least we’ll get to see ASkars in a uniform.

I was fearing he’d end up in some romantic comedy so I’m OK with this. Plus Askars will be in Uniform- yum.
All actors want to star in a summer blockbuster (which I’m sure everyone involved with this film hope it will be.) Could be a sequel out of this deal, if it’s a success. Plus that kind of fame would give him the Opportunity to do projects he really wants to do. I also think Askars has a thing for military roles. He still goes on about how much he loved his role in GK.

Sounds like a straight to the DVD bargain bin job. ASkars needs to grow some discernment both in his choice of roles and his choice of women.

status quo @ 06/18/2010 at 2:18 pm

@burnt bacon:

LMAO! Oh…my..goodness dude you made me laugh so hard. That was the best thing I heard all day, I thank you for that.

Taylor Kitsch I love. Alexander Skarsgard, I don’t even like.

The plot doesn’t seem that great but I’ll watch it as long as Taylor Kitsch is in it.

Justin Sane @ 06/18/2010 at 3:29 pm

Lets hope that this movie doesn’t come out as a dud like Strawdogs…….poor Alex has no luck with the BIG screen.

Passingby @ 06/18/2010 at 3:45 pm

Not really diggin a movie based on a game, Prince of Persia bombed at the Box Office, total dissapointment…But, has anyone noticed in the first episode on this season TB in the opening credits that Alex was still named almost last?….Deborah Ann Wool’s name appeared before his name and she joined the cast in the end of seson two. What happened to all the rumblings from people that stated that Alex was going to be one of the leads in this season in TB?

Can’t wait to see this! Alex and Taylor = pure hotness

@Passingby: Woll was listed after Alex in the opening credits. S comes before W.

evathediva @ 06/18/2010 at 4:38 pm

@burnt bacon: your post is funny , LOL..Hungry Hippo….

evathediva @ 06/18/2010 at 4:43 pm

Oh this is the surprise that the Askars news gal had!!! Not the engagement to BOB. Sigh!!!

Just Joanie @ 06/18/2010 at 4:43 pm

Taylor and Alex in a movie together is hot! I just hope Alex leaves his baggage at home while they’re filming. Don’t want it stinking up Riggs too. *wink*

What a great opportunity for Taylor and Alex….Taylor – the brooding college drop-out from Friday Night Lights has a heart of gold really (and is still hot). Alexander – has proven to us that he can play a military guy (and still be hot) ,,,,this should be a great action movie. I loved Hancock…..well made and with a touch of humor.

@burnt bacon- that was freakin funny.

alas I think that skars picked this movie cause he’ll be in Hawaii with a bunch of dudes.

burnt bacon @ 06/18/2010 at 8:33 pm

Thanks, guys. :) To be honest, I’m holding out for “Tetris: The Movie” with with Gabourey Sidibe as the L-shaped piece.
Seriously, I think Hollywood is just f—ing with us now.

@Boo Hiss
Oops, my bet,….Alex is one head of Debora Ann Wool….but he is still listed in the credits near the end….do you know your ABC’S lol….because I just watched to opening cred’s again and Sam Trimmal was listed in the begining…..from my knowledge T comes after S right, obviously TB credits are not going by alfabetical order??? My point was that everyone was stating tat S3 was Alex’s year on Trueblood I expected him to be listed in third after Anna and Steven….All I remember though was that he was near the end!!! Thank god I was wrong he was one ahead of Deborah Ann Wool near the end…that would have sucked for AS, but they need to move him up since he is the Eric character, so if they are not going alfabetically why did even Kristin BVS, Pam come before him…..

whenwillitend @ 06/18/2010 at 10:33 pm

SAme thing regarding this post

dang , I guess it is true, the masses have turned against him, only
40 +posts and its has been a whole day. Just wow!!

Alex maybe you need to put your new PR firm to work, I hope they can do the damage control thing, hopefully it is not too late.@Passingby: I thought honestly that they were going in alpabetical order also. I think the top billers are lsited towards the end though. I thought I heard that somewhere. I might be wrong, but…if thats not true, then I guess Alex will be making cameos next season eh? LMAO

@Whenwillitend

Wouldn’t Anna P be the top biller, she is listed as first, without Sookie there is no TB, plus Oscar winner and hits with X-men. I just thought he would be right after Anna and Steven esp all the hype that he would be soo busy with his role on TB…..also Eric from the books starts to become a main character in book 3 ……Kristin Van Straten Pam is even listen before him, so is Sam T and I doubt they pay AS more than Anna P. Just …..Weird with the way they list their cast lol…….also does anyone know if the cast only has a 4 year contract or 7…….someone mentioned that from truebloodnews.net that they were only sighned for 4…I just hope their aren’t any problems with the cast holding out for more money don’t care as long as Trueblood S4 goes on as planned with no delays loved book 4 with amnesiac Eric……..

@Passingby
I also noted that Alex was still listed in the opening credits near the end, I was like WOAH……this is the Eric character and there are definately not going alfabetically Sam T is also before Nelson Ellis ….I agree with you that they are NOT paying him more than Anna…..no way…..can’t figure out how they list the creds..mystery lol I think they only have a contract up to the 4th season…I also could be wrong…

@Kate & Passingby

At the rate AS is going why even bother listing him in opening creds, they should have placed him in the CLOSING creds lol as Quest Star like Evan RW…..oh…wait he is not a star enough and believe me not payed more than the other cast members either, I agree there was so much talk that this season was AS time to take over as a main character instead of or with Steven……I rather see him more than that Tara or Sam character that’s for sure!!!!

^Whoops was supposed to put @ Kate under name.

Seems to me that Alex is once again got a supporting part…Wasn’t Taylor in Wolverine glad he is able to step up in a lead role…I quess Alex is going to have to play second fiddle again….
BTW do people remember the actress that played Dawn on Trueblood, she was also in Wolverine …glad to see other actors using a TB as a platform for success…..what is wrong with Alex and his choice of movies…..

@Malanna

The directors and casting don’t want him …it’s out of his hands and the ones that do only want him as a supporting role lol
Yeah, I watched Wolverine this past week on HBO and Taylor and that Dawn actress were in it.. I was like what she got to work with Hugh Jackman as his love interest ,soo lucky.

^What the hey came out twice………

At least he is trying... @ 06/19/2010 at 2:06 am

Squeezing in two movies between his break at TB is better than nothing. Look at KB, when is she going to Japan or working on that Moonlight movie??? Seems to me all she does is go to parties and pretend to eat lunch.

SO I’m giving props to Alex for actually working!!! Plus Taylor is hot…I’m watching X-Men: Wolverine now…I love him!!!

Alexander and Taylor?…OMG!!! <3

@Passingby: Yes, I know my ABCs. There are five main lead characters – Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer, Sam Trammel, Ryan Kwanten and Rutina Wesley. They are not listed in alphabetical order. Anna is listed first because she is the star. Stephen Moyer is listed second because he is also one of the stars. Why Ryan Kwanten is after Sam Trammel I don’t understand. It sounds like contract negotions that I don’t have enough information to comment on. Then there is the regular cast that is in alphabetical order. I am surprised Alex and also Nelson Ellis weren’t moved up to lead characters but perhaps again that is something that gets worked out after their contracts are up for renewal. At the time that Alex and NE signed on they were supporting characters.

They certainly treat Alex like a lead character – at least to get publicity for the show. They have him with the two stars of the show on the cover of EW. His one of the three covers of Details magazines. Again, I don’t think the credits will change until their contract negotions come up again. I don’t claim to be an expert though so who knows.

#53, you are right. Cast billing is part of their contracts and changes are done slowly. Jennifer Morrison is still billed as a lead character on House, though she has been a small supporting actor for two years and last year was written out. The new lead cast members will not get opening credit billing until next year, despite having much bigger parts than Morrison for two years. It’s all nailed down in contracts. The credits don’t necessarily match what the show presents.

Alex is doing great on True Blood, both in terms of screen time and criticially. Who knows if or when the billing will change, for Alex and for Deborah and Nelson. In the meantime, USA Today’s critic just said wrote that Alex deserves a best supporting emmy nomination, so I don’t think we have to worry about him being reduced to cameos. (-:

Thanks for try to solve the mystery of how TB decides in what order they list their cast in the opening credits….so…I quess they do only have a 4 year contract not 7 year like someone previously commented from a previous post, I was like that doesn’t make sense….hopefully in the S4 AS’s name will be in the begining with Anna and Steven…..he does have the part of Eric who is an integral character!!!

Im totally like this boy omg look alike me wow im here in pic

I hope one of them has to say “you sunk my battleship!” lol!

Carla Nelson @ 06/25/2010 at 3:10 pm

I’m glad to see TB taking on a new tiwist and letting Sookie and Eric get together. Frankly I was getting bored with the I hate you and you hate me attitude with each other. They need to let these two get together ASAP thats what the audience is waiting for. I know Sookie and Bill are dating in real life but in the the series you can get tired of that Bill and her stuck like glue to one another in the show. The show only comes on once a year and thats along time to wait for a wrench to be thrown in. If nothing exciting happens you can loose interest. When these two get together that going to be the highlight of TB this is what people been waiting to see all alone.

Carla Nelson @ 06/25/2010 at 3:12 pm

I do have to say that AS look better in this photo shoot than he does in TB.

Carla Nelson @ 06/25/2010 at 3:24 pm

AS may have been sexy at once upon a time. You know sexy is when your sexy and your not trying to be seen as sexy. You don’t have to take off your shirt and show your abs. You can have charisma and sex appeal without showing your body. If a man just be hiself and not stay in the public eye so much people will wonder what you are about. But when you are over exposed and talked about twenty four seven you are just another body in HW. Then it won’t be to long for someone else is coming to take your place with nice abs and tan skin. I’ve seen
the man whi is going to play Alcide believe me even with clothes on he has it going on. So I know when they shoot a nude seen you will see that the clothes didn’t lie about the body. AS clothes seem to be to short for his height.

Carla Nelson @ 06/25/2010 at 4:51 pm

If they TB only has a four year contract remember why would they wait to season three for Eric and Sookie to get together. That means when things are beginning to happen the show will be off before the highligt of the series is starting to get down to business. If there are 10 books how can you cram all what has happen into four season? If her and Eric don’t get together it will be a let down for all the fans. If you want to know the truth there was some scenes they could have left out each season to get to the most demanding parts of seeing Eric ans Sookie finally has a couple.

facetedjewel @ 06/30/2010 at 1:11 pm

Hmmm. . . I wouldn’t count the success of this movie out too soon, although I think the director may be the weakest link in the team. The storyline for ‘Battleship’ reminds me of ‘Ender’s Game’, one of the most loved and read scifi books since it was published. And my favorite games as a kid were Battleship and Mastermind, exercises in deductive logic. (You can read what happened to ‘Ender’s Game’ becoming a movie on Card’s website or do a general search). No movie gets a ‘greenlight’ nowdays without the marketing dept. approval. There is a huge multi-generational fanbase for both the book, and the game. Marketed right, and this may either be an outright ‘hit’, or possibly a sleeper, succeeding by word of mouth.

As for Bosworthy. . .I’ve been a little freaked since I read these two became smitten on ‘Straw Dogs’. Did the remake include the gangbang scene? If yes, then in the history of movies, have two actors (playing rapist and victim) ever walked away after filming such a scene as a real life couple? I’m just sayin’. . .eewwwww.

Personally, the wallflower in me, keeps hoping Her Worthiness will take a misstep in her platform heels and smack her itty-bitty noggin on something that will do some permanent damage. But I actually care about Alex, as an actor and as a person. . . life on this planet without someone to love you is hard. Relationshipwise, Alex went through a long dry spell. There is something about this woman (beyond looks) that appeals to him. . . support him.

For the opportunity to see Ale Skarsgard in naval uniform, I will (*gulp*) tolerate Rhiana’s acting. Because that man is HOT!

For the opportunity to see Alex Skarsgard in naval uniform, I will (*gulp*) tolerate Rhiana’s acting. Because that man is HOT!