Alexander Skarsgard: Battleship Brothers with Taylor Kitsch!

Alexander Skarsgard: Battleship Brothers with Taylor Kitsch!

True Blood‘s Alexander Skarsgard has signed on to star as Taylor Kitsch‘s brother in the action-adventure Battleship, Universal’s adaptation of the Hasbro board game.

THR reports Alex will play a straight and narrow naval officer while Taylor will be the wildly spirited naval officer who idolizes his brother.

Peter Berg (Hancock) is directing the movie, which will have an “alien invasion” element. Alex and Taylor begin shooting Battleship on Aug. 30 in Hawaii.

TOO HOT TO HANDLE!!!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All

I was fearing he’d end up in some romantic comedy so I’m OK with this. Plus Askars will be in Uniform- yum.
All actors want to star in a summer blockbuster (which I’m sure everyone involved with this film hope it will be.) Could be a sequel out of this deal, if it’s a success. Plus that kind of fame would give him the Opportunity to do projects he really wants to do. I also think Askars has a thing for military roles. He still goes on about how much he loved his role in GK.

Sounds like a straight to the DVD bargain bin job. ASkars needs to grow some discernment both in his choice of roles and his choice of women.

status quo @ 06/18/2010 at 2:18 pm

@burnt bacon:

LMAO! Oh…my..goodness dude you made me laugh so hard. That was the best thing I heard all day, I thank you for that.

Taylor Kitsch I love. Alexander Skarsgard, I don’t even like.

The plot doesn’t seem that great but I’ll watch it as long as Taylor Kitsch is in it.

Justin Sane @ 06/18/2010 at 3:29 pm

Lets hope that this movie doesn’t come out as a dud like Strawdogs…….poor Alex has no luck with the BIG screen.

Passingby @ 06/18/2010 at 3:45 pm

Not really diggin a movie based on a game, Prince of Persia bombed at the Box Office, total dissapointment…But, has anyone noticed in the first episode on this season TB in the opening credits that Alex was still named almost last?….Deborah Ann Wool’s name appeared before his name and she joined the cast in the end of seson two. What happened to all the rumblings from people that stated that Alex was going to be one of the leads in this season in TB?

Can’t wait to see this! Alex and Taylor = pure hotness

@Passingby: Woll was listed after Alex in the opening credits. S comes before W.

evathediva @ 06/18/2010 at 4:38 pm

@burnt bacon: your post is funny , LOL..Hungry Hippo….

evathediva @ 06/18/2010 at 4:43 pm

Oh this is the surprise that the Askars news gal had!!! Not the engagement to BOB. Sigh!!!

Just Joanie @ 06/18/2010 at 4:43 pm

Taylor and Alex in a movie together is hot! I just hope Alex leaves his baggage at home while they’re filming. Don’t want it stinking up Riggs too. *wink*

What a great opportunity for Taylor and Alex….Taylor – the brooding college drop-out from Friday Night Lights has a heart of gold really (and is still hot). Alexander – has proven to us that he can play a military guy (and still be hot) ,,,,this should be a great action movie. I loved Hancock…..well made and with a touch of humor.

@burnt bacon- that was freakin funny.

alas I think that skars picked this movie cause he’ll be in Hawaii with a bunch of dudes.

burnt bacon @ 06/18/2010 at 8:33 pm

Thanks, guys. :) To be honest, I’m holding out for “Tetris: The Movie” with with Gabourey Sidibe as the L-shaped piece.
Seriously, I think Hollywood is just f—ing with us now.

@Boo Hiss
Oops, my bet,….Alex is one head of Debora Ann Wool….but he is still listed in the credits near the end….do you know your ABC’S lol….because I just watched to opening cred’s again and Sam Trimmal was listed in the begining…..from my knowledge T comes after S right, obviously TB credits are not going by alfabetical order??? My point was that everyone was stating tat S3 was Alex’s year on Trueblood I expected him to be listed in third after Anna and Steven….All I remember though was that he was near the end!!! Thank god I was wrong he was one ahead of Deborah Ann Wool near the end…that would have sucked for AS, but they need to move him up since he is the Eric character, so if they are not going alfabetically why did even Kristin BVS, Pam come before him…..

whenwillitend @ 06/18/2010 at 10:33 pm

SAme thing regarding this post

dang , I guess it is true, the masses have turned against him, only
40 +posts and its has been a whole day. Just wow!!

Alex maybe you need to put your new PR firm to work, I hope they can do the damage control thing, hopefully it is not too late.@Passingby: I thought honestly that they were going in alpabetical order also. I think the top billers are lsited towards the end though. I thought I heard that somewhere. I might be wrong, but…if thats not true, then I guess Alex will be making cameos next season eh? LMAO

@Whenwillitend

Wouldn’t Anna P be the top biller, she is listed as first, without Sookie there is no TB, plus Oscar winner and hits with X-men. I just thought he would be right after Anna and Steven esp all the hype that he would be soo busy with his role on TB…..also Eric from the books starts to become a main character in book 3 ……Kristin Van Straten Pam is even listen before him, so is Sam T and I doubt they pay AS more than Anna P. Just …..Weird with the way they list their cast lol…….also does anyone know if the cast only has a 4 year contract or 7…….someone mentioned that from truebloodnews.net that they were only sighned for 4…I just hope their aren’t any problems with the cast holding out for more money don’t care as long as Trueblood S4 goes on as planned with no delays loved book 4 with amnesiac Eric……..

@Passingby
I also noted that Alex was still listed in the opening credits near the end, I was like WOAH……this is the Eric character and there are definately not going alfabetically Sam T is also before Nelson Ellis ….I agree with you that they are NOT paying him more than Anna…..no way…..can’t figure out how they list the creds..mystery lol I think they only have a contract up to the 4th season…I also could be wrong…

@Kate & Passingby

At the rate AS is going why even bother listing him in opening creds, they should have placed him in the CLOSING creds lol as Quest Star like Evan RW…..oh…wait he is not a star enough and believe me not payed more than the other cast members either, I agree there was so much talk that this season was AS time to take over as a main character instead of or with Steven……I rather see him more than that Tara or Sam character that’s for sure!!!!

^Whoops was supposed to put @ Kate under name.

Seems to me that Alex is once again got a supporting part…Wasn’t Taylor in Wolverine glad he is able to step up in a lead role…I quess Alex is going to have to play second fiddle again….
BTW do people remember the actress that played Dawn on Trueblood, she was also in Wolverine …glad to see other actors using a TB as a platform for success…..what is wrong with Alex and his choice of movies…..

@Malanna

The directors and casting don’t want him …it’s out of his hands and the ones that do only want him as a supporting role lol
Yeah, I watched Wolverine this past week on HBO and Taylor and that Dawn actress were in it.. I was like what she got to work with Hugh Jackman as his love interest ,soo lucky.

^What the hey came out twice………

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All