Lourdes Leon Blogs For 'Material Girl'!

Lourdes Leon Blogs For 'Material Girl'!

Lourdes Leon is ready to take the fashion world by storm! The fashionista-in-the-making and her mother, Madonna, are getting ready to launch their clothing line Material Girl on August 3.

Lola, 13, posted her first blog entry on the Material Girl website, where she talks fashion faves, her love of My Chemical Romance and what she’s most looking forward to when she turns 14. Here are some excerpts from her blog post:

“I am totally obsessivo about 80’s shorts… You know the kind that makes your butt look kinda big, with a grunge-looking shirt tucked in. It’s kinda nerdy but I love it. And the 80’s are another huge obsession of mine, which is totally amazingly awesome because Material Girl…HELLO! It’s like 80’s themed, which pretty much rocks, so yeah.”

“Music wise My Chemical Romance is THE BEST BAND EVER for realzzzz. They are so awesome it hurts. If you don’t know who they are just… go away OR download their songs.”

“I’m 13 and I’ll be 14 in October, so I can’t wait for that because I am FINALLY allowed to dye my hair… THANK YOU MOTHER!!”

JustJared.com got to preview the collection today and it looks AMAZING – think ’80s rocker chick meets 2010 chic! We can’t wait for the launch this August!

For Lola‘s full blog post as well as more info about Material Girl, visit MaterialGirlCollection.com

• Nicolas Cage cares about what people think of him- US Weekly
  • Young Jeezy drank from a $20,000 bottle of Moet- TMZ
  • Watch James David Carter get a four chair turn on The Voice- Gossip Cop
  • Read a recap of the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Director George Sluizer has died at the age of 82- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Claudia Galanti shows off major cleavage in Milan- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All
zomg etc. @ 06/29/2010 at 5:55 pm

“is THE BEST BAND EVER for realzzzz”

Haha. I know she’s only 13 but for some reason I expected her to speak more posh? Since her mum is very articulate & all.

14 is too young to color your hair!

God, she’s just a child

Seems like any normal 13yr old girl. The fact that she doesn’t write in text form “f u 2 da h8terz” is a nice.

She good looking .now i a a i i i i

They grow up fast….

Yeah, kind of glad she acts like any other normal child.

Love her taste in music, not surprised look who her mother is.

@Kids…: MCR are awful…

yeahwhateverlulz @ 06/29/2010 at 6:21 pm

Somehow this sounds to me not like how a real 13 year old would write but how a 40 year old publicist person thinks a 13 year old would write. The “zomg for realzzzz lolz totally” are way too cartoony and over the top…unless she’s trying to be ironic.

do not dye your hair, darling. it ruins the texture of your hair. highlights okay, but no dye job please.

now, you jumped the gun on announcing this since the site is still under construction. post another release when you have that fixed.

@Louise: yeah i think the same,

postwatcher @ 06/29/2010 at 6:27 pm

Dear Lourdes,
So I was at an event the other day and say a bunch of cute teens and 20 somethings and noticed they were all wearing black shirts and jeans. Boring boring boring.

Lourdes, you do not live in a Tim Burton movie or an Edward Gorey cartoon! You are young and cute and I would recommend throwing out all the black and drab for color!

Iffy Miffy @ 06/29/2010 at 6:39 pm

Oh please! Use your head people, her words my .. posterior. This is pure PR, nothing more than that and really low too, using her kid like that. But what can you expect really …

yeahwhateverlulz @ 06/29/2010 at 6:44 pm

Yeah and claiming her favorite band is My Chemical Romance? Weren’t they ‘cool’ back in the Helena days, like 6 years ago? I’d think a kid her age would listen to more current music, no matter how ******. Like Paramore or something like that..

Nothing against her, she looks like a cute and stylish kid even if a bit on the precocious side, Im just not buying this blog.

MADONNA IS THE QUEEN

LOLA WLL BE HUGE

keftedakia @ 06/29/2010 at 7:12 pm

“go away?” that’s a hella attitude for someone who is starting their business. oh wait. she’s madonna’s daughter. she automatically assumes that everybody knows her, everyone will buy her clothes and she will never have to work in order to get known

The shame of it is – My Chemical Romance is actually a pretty good band of guys in their 30s. But this will NOT help their street cred among the non-teen set, lol.

Lara CROFT TR @ 06/29/2010 at 7:31 pm

I couldn’t care less about some kid’s opinion on an era she wasn’t even around to see. It’s like me telling the world how great the 60′s were. I wasn’t even there. Sure I can admire things from that time, but lets not go overboard. This, too me, is mommy’s way of keeping her most popular days alive while getting her daughters name out there.

#4. Please. Her mother is MADONNA. Language like that would never be released, it would make them look bad – and people would slam her mothers parenting skills. Not what they want.

Lourdes don’t dye your hair. You are dark-skinned and you’ve got brown eyes. You are a young pretty girl. I don’t know why you want to dye your hair but there are blonds who are so ugly and brunettes who are really beautiful. I think that your boyfriend should have tell you.

a 14 year old’s view of fashion? no thanks Because of her mom she gets to show “her line” in Macy’s when there are people who have worked for years training in the fashion industry and don’t even have a place to show their lines.

what a joke @ 06/29/2010 at 8:46 pm

she’s as qualified as any young girl walking through a mall at this moment

hmm sounds like a normal 13 year old

She’s cute. She looks just like her mother..

haha she sounds like my little 13 year old sister. however, my sister doesn’t know sh!t about fashion.

What exactly is so abnormal? She sounds like a normal, funny, and excited 13 year-old girl with a knack for fashion. It’s kind of refreshing she’s normal and acts her age instead of coming off as some pretentious cookie cutter posh kid. Like it or not, SHE has a fashion line and other girls admire her fashion sense. It is you all who are trashing a kid, feeling brave hiding behind a computer, who are the sad ones. Now THAT’S low.

@keftedakia: A sense of humor would really help you out. Read the whole blog and you’ll know she’s kidding around.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All