Reese Witherspoon & Sean Penn: Star Spangled Beach Party

Reese Witherspoon & Sean Penn: Star Spangled Beach Party

Reese Witherspoon celebrates Independence Day with her 6-year-old son, Deacon Phillippe, on Sunday (July 4) in Malibu, Calif.

The 34-year-old was also joined by Academy Award winning actors Sean Penn and Tim Robbins who were spotted chatting with Reese at the party.

Reese enjoyed the time off from her current movie project, Water for Elephants, where she plays the love interest of a veterinary student, played by Robert Pattinson.

reese witherspoon star spangled beach 01
reese witherspoon star spangled beach 02
reese witherspoon star spangled beach 03
reese witherspoon star spangled beach 04
reese witherspoon star spangled beach 05
reese witherspoon star spangled beach 06

Credit: Larsen/Tony; Photos: INFdaily
Posted to: Reese Witherspoon, Sean Penn, Tim Robbins

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

I guess Sean Penn is taking a break from saving Haiti. (insert sarcastic tone) What a motley crew for a party. Deacon doesn’t look entirely comfortable. I wonder where Ava is.

I’ve always liked Reese since Legally Blonde. She looks amazing and I think is clearly Hollywood’s #1 actress…It would be nice if she and her husband got back together again…

I’m sure her kids were dying to spend the holiday with a bunch of stars and their nanny. Reese is such a wonderful mother!

Maybe I missed something, but why is she with Sean Penn & Tim Robbins? I didn’t even realize they were friends.

lilly bean @ 07/05/2010 at 10:23 am

She is not friends with any of them. They are all Bryan Lourd’s clients. I’ll bet you this is Bryan’s party and it’s just another day at the office for Reese. Nice of her to work a few minutes in for her kids.

The Fake one in her arranged photo session.

grim reaper @ 07/05/2010 at 10:35 am

the 1st time I ever felt sorry 4 sean penn having to put up w/ phony reese.
she is too old to play a love interest- plus no appeal. get off the screen and be a real mother.

CanadaGirl @ 07/05/2010 at 10:59 am

Wow. That is an unusual group to hang out together. It’d be a cool party to get an invite too tho’.

lilybean, #5 nailed it. Another day at the office. Bryan Lourd is Jim Toth’s boss. Wonder why he isn’t in the picture…Deacon looks miserable. Very shy and self conscious. Why I remember the beautiful pictures of Jake with those kids, I feel bad for them. They have a father, yes, but it was nice to know they could also be with someone they trusted and felt comfortable with. Now they have to deal with Mommy getting up in the faces of all kinds of guys. What a phoeny she is!

I feel sorry for her kids.

TEAM JAKE!

lilly bean @ 07/05/2010 at 11:29 am

Both of the kids seem to have Ryan’s more shy personality. It seems like he’ll keep them close and help them come out of their shells. Like the story when he brought them to the George Lopez show. I doubt she has much less patience.

Wow littel boy like mom .me to like dad and mom

lexy hates bilson @ 07/05/2010 at 12:16 pm

Nice to see not one but TWO talented actors on JJ!!

Nice to see Reese hangs with men who cheat on their wives without being all judgey.

Reese: Look at me!!!! I´m still important!!!

Ah, and I´m still a mother!

Pattycake @ 07/05/2010 at 1:39 pm

@lilly bean: About this being a “working” party, yeah, I saw more pix on other sites and most of the men are wearing matching swim trunks. Reese has a pair stashed in her beach bag, either because Toth or Deacon wouldn’t wear them. LOL. And I also saw that Ava is there is a cute one piece bathing suit. As for the kids being shy like their dad. Ryan isn’t shy at all. I’ll bet the kids aren’t either. But who wants to spend the 4th with a bunch of strange grownups instead of other kids? My own kids would have been very disappointed, to say the least.

Isn’t she from Nashville, it’s nice to know that if a natural disaster hits your town or state , the hometown celebrities help out, snark….. with the oil spill, the floods, devastating “middle America” all you hear from most of these so called celebrities is cricks, nothing unless it’s some liberal PC cause, blacks in New Orleans, or Haiti, or Tsunami in other part of the world, but when it’s ‘ fly over country” getting hit with one disaster after another in already devastating economic times, liberal Hollywood is no where to be found, they only want us to go to their stupid movies to support their lifestyle and keep them relevant….. hope Reece’s career crashes and burns, she’s another liberal sell out.

CanadaGirl @ 07/05/2010 at 3:04 pm

@anne: Omg. Do you know what punctuation is? Your comment was next to illegible because of your poor writing skills. News flash: a comma is NOT an end mark.

Katherine in NASHVILLE @ 07/05/2010 at 3:13 pm

@anne:

NEWSFLASH moron, the Witherspoons donated PLENTY to flood relief in Nashville and TIME. Lots of TIME.

As YOU don’t know Dr. Witherspoon OR his daughter, kindly shut the hell up, Dear!

thanks for the explanation- that clears up the trio’s appearance together :)

and I too have always liked Reese!

The party for the 4th was hosted by the Director of CAA. He ALWAYS invites his top Stars.

Toth works there and brought his GF, a CAA Movie Star.

There was BBQ, swimming, fireworks and plenty of small children.

Sorry, but completely Normal.

Unfortunately, some posters are jealous as hell.

hahahah the hate for Reese is pathetic.

Pattycake @ 07/05/2010 at 4:26 pm

@Mike: Your bonus will be included in your next paycheck. Thanx for rep’ing CAA on JJ.

Hey, Katherine from Nashville: You’re real rude for a Southern gal. Free country. We are allowed our opinions.

I’d never confused DR. Witherspoon with his daughter. I think she’s a big phoney. I don’t care how much she “donates.”All famous movie stars have a “cause” or two to cement their public image. Reese is ALL about image.

Reese peddles Avon, for pay, promotes their foundation’s work with breast cancer and domestic violence, and makes appearances at events for the Children’s Defense Fund. Every single thing is targetted towards a particular audience. It is part of marketing the “brand.” It is calculated and deliberate, not impulsive.

I sure hope the good doctor is helping his neighbors in Tennessee. After all, they’re “southern.” Just ask Reese. It’s the neighborly thing to do.

southern belle too @ 07/05/2010 at 5:20 pm

Jim Toth covering up his balding with a shaved head is in several pictures with Reese and the kids are not in them. Therefore they are with a nanny at an industry party on the 4th of July. No two ways about it. So much for Reese wanting them to be normal and not “Hollywood”. She is the biggest hypocrite in the world.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All