Jude Law: President's Prize in Czech Republic!

Jude Law: President's Prize in Czech Republic!

Jude Law wins big at the Karlovy Vary Film Festival held in Carlsbad, Czech Republic on Monday (July 5).

The 37-year-old British actor (in Prada) was awarded the highest honor of the festival – the festival’s president, Jiri Bartoska, came out to give Jude the President’s Prize in honor of Jude‘s outstanding contribution to the silver screen.

Jiri and Jude had a late dinner together earlier in the week – the two chatted until 2 a.m.!

jude law karlovy film festival 01
jude law karlovy film festival 02
jude law karlovy film festival 03
jude law karlovy film festival 04
jude law karlovy film festival 05
jude law karlovy film festival 06
jude law karlovy film festival 07
jude law karlovy film festival 08

Jamie McCarthy/Getty

Congrats Jude!I´m from Czech Republic,but I live too far from Karlovy Vary.All Czechs love you Jude,you´re number 1!!!

Gratulace Jude!Já jsem s Česka ale žiju daleko od Karlových Varů.Všichni češi tě milujou Jude,jsi jednička!!!! :D xD

Enough about this ****** Jared

Congrats, Jude! You deserve it, you handsome you!

Thats good for him

Win a Free iPad-

Congratulations, Jude!
Enjoy your award!

I’m so happy for you Jude- it’s about time you were recognized for your outstanding talent.

He certainly doesn’t look like he did when he played Dickie Greenleaf, and that’s to be expected of course. With each year we change a little and sometimes the years let us see a new dimension to a person’s attractiveness. Of course there are qualities , if a person is lucky enough to have them in the first place, that are so great that the years are not going to make them go away !

So Jude honey, those high cheekbones, chisled and even features, and limpid green eyes are not about to go away .

I think you are aging nicely— BUT—DON’T light-up ( ciggies) any more ! Naughty !

One more note here : to our little “douch” lover. Why are you here ? To try and hurt someone ? You obviously are and you should be ashamed.

Take your mean-spirited attitude and “douche”- mentality away from here ! GET ! You add nothing but bad taste to “Just Jared ” and make this site look worse .

You don’t like Jude ? Then GET OUT OF HERE !! Go spread your raunchy talk somewhere else—”Jared” doesn’t need that .

CanadaGirl @ 07/06/2010 at 4:41 pm

We’ve had so many Jude posts. :)
Normally, Jude looks very put together, but I’m not a fan of the metallic pants and the formal suit jacket. There’s a disconnect with his upper and lower body with these two looks together.

Annie Rich @ 07/06/2010 at 4:48 pm

Congrats to Jude. A beautiful man and a talented actor. Keep the posts coming, jj.

Katsaridoula @ 07/06/2010 at 5:45 pm

@Milkyway: that’s nonsense, NOT all Czech people love him…. erm… some actually cannot stand him

@CanadaGirl:

Canada Girl– I’ll admit that I don’t care for his outfit either. I don’t like those pants and they loo0k too long . This DOES bo9ther me because he doesn’t even try to live up to the image DUNHILL tries to project . For those of you who don’t know : the men’s clothing company in England, Dunhill, has been using him as their top model for their merchandise . Swanky suits, gentlemanly outfits, cool sportswear–everything . ( hey btw- for those of you who insist he’s not attractive- evidently Dunhill doesn’t agree with you ) But he should make an effort to live up to that image. He should have worn just a nice dark suit .

He is in a DIOR men’s perfume add also now . Not bad for an “ugly” man.

dolorescraegt @ 07/06/2010 at 7:47 pm

for me jude is perfection……he’s so handsome…so graceful…above all this man is very talented. faith i appreciate your comments. i’ve been a jude fan for ten years…….he just gets better like fine wine. keep it up jude. we really admire you….

Why does he always stand like his balls are on fire? STDs?

The Czech Republic must be pretty hard up. I’d like to think this media blitz is over, but I’m sure will see pictures of him and his trashy hobag GF real soon, now.

Congratulations, handsome! Don’t like the pants, though. I’m with you, Canada Girl, the jacket needed different pants, and he should just get rid of those, period.
*winks at Jude*

I don’t care how pretty he is, he’s a total jerk. Real men raise their kids. Real men don’t cheat with their nannies. Add to that the fact that he absolutely cannot act, and we are left with the great mystery of why he still gets work. Probably due to the blathering masses that so taken with his pretty face that they don’t notice his wooden line delivery. I watched Sleuth a few months ago just to see Micahel Caine, and it was just….painful.

He’s a real man.

JOJO : You are thinking what you enjoy thinking. A lot of lowly gossip , stinking lies, and personal opinions from people who are just too lazy to find out the truth. Don’t be such a cookie-cutter brain ! Drop those negative thoughts ( they are WAYYY untrue) and find out the facts for yourself ! ‘

Jude us a wonderful daddy ; he’s only 37 , a single father, and has 4 kids. I’ve seen many pictures of him and his 4 yr old girl – she is the cutest thing- a real doll , and her hair is such a pretty red ! The boys adore and are very proud of their dad.

As for him not being able to act–that’s the craziest thought yet ! He’s a dynamic actor ! The only trouble is , they just don’t give him parts that are best suited to him. And maney of his parts are supporting actor jobs. He’s got so many awards for his acting – it’s really something to be proud of. Both theatre and movies . You dumb, dumb ignorant kid !

DELORESCRAEGT –this is for you : you sound like a woman who knows a work of art when she sees it– ! But some of his photos don’t do him justice. I don’t go by those bad pix. His better pix show that sculpted bone structure and eyes like limpid pools of light green . And his profile is SO picture-perfect . I guess I’m a sucker for unusually beautous things. Maybe it’s because I am an artist and photography is a hobby of mine also.
These kiddie-women who were raised on people like Ben Affllac ( spell ? ) wouldn’t know the difference.. They think Brad Pitt’s beard is elegant and men whose faces look like sock-puppets are photogenic.
And when he has a role that is good ( like Cold Mountain for instance ) his acting is rivetting. He never does an insipid job . And he ( this is a quote ) : “moves like a ferret in heat ”
I’m not about to let people trash him – are you ? Probably not- it’s so unfair.

dulce mirita @ 07/07/2010 at 5:32 am

Congrats to Jude, who cares about the grey pants while you get tangled on those magnetic green eyes????Jude has done oustanding performances both on stage an film, he’s chamaleonic and can do whatever role he be proposed to. He puts his inner sould on every role, and this passion for acting surpass the screen.

His acting skills? Tony Award? Does that tell something to the haters? Only the best actors get nominates for such an award.

gorgeous guy and a talented actor.

@Lilly:

ummm he won one? No, he was nominated, probably to bring people in to watch the show. I mean, ScarJo won. What does thatt ell you? Not a real high standard here. It’s like the Oscars. They quit recognizing the real actors years ago. I had a friend who saw Hamlet and said it was terrible.

And are you denying that he boinked his nanny a million times while engaged to another women? That he has a child with a woman that he met for like ten minutes and then has not seen since, except one time? Good lord, woman, it’s not like you are in any way rational.

Faith, you need to relax. Your head is going to blow up right at they keyboard. Thie used up douche is not worth getting so upset over.

Jojo, you don’t struck me like someone with friends who go to see Hamlet. You probably don’t even know what Hamlet is about….

Jude was, like many famous man a victim of girls, who want celebrity baby for money. It happend to Mick Jagger, to Boris Becker, Steven Tayler…

He slept with the nanny? Big deal, many man do. A b*** job would be better, like your president Clinton, I guess.

I also don’t really care about his outfit. He should have worn a dark suit. Faith I didn’t know that he is a model for Dunhill, I always wondered how come he always wears really nice outfits. Wondered how much of a fortune he spends on clothes and getting them altered. Does this mean that his suits are free? I think he should always go out and look the part and keep Dunhill’s image up. That’s what he’s being paid for right?

JoJo : I see so many untrue and foolish remarks about him that it is sickening. I know for sure so many of these ideas people have about him are just product of sensationalist muckraking journalists looking for something to stir people up. It’s terrible how wrong people are about him and it’s so unfair to him. And it hurts the fans who like and believe in him. So he made a mistake with a woman years ago. He knows it was wrong and he’s probably suffered years of humility and remorse. Why do you have to rub that old bad stuiff in everybody’s face again and again, as if you and others like you think God appointed you as a virtuous judge of others. ? THink of all the men that messed up with women big time: X-Pres. Clinton, Tiger Woods, Sen. Edwards , Mark Sandford, Jesse James ( Sandras hubby ) , Charlie Sheen and I could go on and on. Why are they not demonized like poor Jude is ? Why should he be condemmed again and again all his life ? I tell you that he is much more good than he ever was bad. LET IT GO–that smug righteous attitude of yours sucks.

and something else JOjO : just how do YOU know just what his relationship with other women besides Sienna was ? You and most of the other public KNOW NOTHING – all you can do is guess, and yorur’e stupid enough to think you have all the answers about him . Learn a lesson : about his relationship with Samantha Burke : do you really know anything about it ? Well I do . That woman WANTED his baby, and she had it all planned. He was a victim of manipulation. Do you know what a “SHAKE-DOWN ” is ? Well- find out, because Samantha’s relationship with Jude was a shake-down if there ever was one. Does a woman like her know the word “NO” ? It’s all she had to say to him to stop any trouble. Did she know where babies come from ? Of course ! She had it all planned- and now she’s got $5000.00 dollors more every month to keep her happy. You need to get rid of that idea that HE took advantage of these “poor” helpless women” Bullcrap. She probably enjoyed every second of it , and she got what she wanted : attention and money. If anything she took advantage of him. And he sees that baby as much as he can. When she spread her legs for him she knew exactly what she was getting in to- nobody forced her . And besides- since when is it odd or wrong for a single man to have sex with a single woman ?? Do you have more perspective now ??

No comment JoJo kiddo ?

I want you to read what I said about Samanthyaq Burke abd him. Now THAT’S worthwhile information Stop and think about these things . A woman doesn’t ever have to have an intimate relationship with a man if she does’nt want to. Never thought of it that way have you ? Well it’s time to clesn out your prejudiced mind and absorb the truth . Poor guy- she was half the affair yet he gets all the blame . You probably are so unseasoned when it comes to standards of beauty that you think Rob Pattinson has a classic face. Sure if you like two saqd eyebrows and a flat nose. Look at some good pix of Jude. If those don’t stir you you are a little girl who thinks Daddy is the only good looking guy in the world. Are you 10 nyears old ? Every study art and faces ?

And he’s not “spent ” He has had a movie almost every year for 10 yrs. and next year he is making Three . Sounds like a hot item to me. Some people are eternally hot. Most of the new ones are here today and gone tomorrow .

dolorescraegt @ 07/08/2010 at 6:43 pm

faith,
you are a gal after my own heart……..i am an avid jude law fan and am very protective of him as i see you are too. i have met and spent some time with jude back stage at hamlet. he is beyond sweet, intelligent and lovely….that combined with his beauty and talent makes him the 9th wonder of the world….the haters who come on this board make me laugh. i i ignore them….