Gwyneth Paltrow Covers 'Vogue' August 2010

Gwyneth Paltrow Covers 'Vogue' August 2010

Gwyneth Paltrow is beautiful in Burberry Prorsum on the cover of Vogue‘s August 2010 issue.

The 37-year-old actress posed for celebrity photog Mario Testino in her downtown Manhattan apartment.

“In my thirties, I feel like I really know who I am,” Gwyn shared. “I’ve made huge mistakes, I’ve learned from them…I feel much more comfortable in my skin now at this age than I did in my twenties.”

“They were fun,” she laughed, “but I wouldn’t go back there for anything!”

Gwyneth Paltrow for Vogue

gwyneth paltrow vogue august 2010 01
gwyneth paltrow vogue august 2010 02
gwyneth paltrow vogue august 2010 03
gwyneth paltrow vogue august 2010 04
gwyneth paltrow vogue august 2010 05

• Watch a trailer for Supernatural: Bloodlines- Entertainment Weekly
  • John Legend has a baby doppelganger- Huffington Post
  • Drake heads to a basketball game- Lainey Gossip
  • Sammy Braddy shows off her sexy lingerie - Hollywood Tuna

Everyone always says the same thing. “I know myself so much better than I did when I was young, I would re do it if you pay’d me.” Yea Yea Yea.

Pretty but it doesn’t look like her.

They went nuts with th photoshop.

They retouched her so much she looks like an entirely different person.

Who is that?

Photoshopped.

Vogue went all cgi and tried to make her look like a 20 year old.

Yah really like man

just saying @ 07/08/2010 at 11:36 am

Yikes!
She looks younger than Blake Lively. Too much photoshopping!

Why is she on the cover.. does she have another crappy movie to promote. Other than Iron Man.. nobody wants to see her..

Go away please.. OH where is her husband that she is never with?

If only she looked like this in real life.

If only she looked like this in real life.

@scarlet: I was wondering the same thing.

Does she have any new films coming out or is Vogue just back to the same boring rotation of actresses?

I hate this old woman huh

You’d think they would have given Gwyneth the September cover.
That’s the big issue of the year.

Who got September?

Why do people dislike someone who is obviously trying to evolve and live a better life? No one should be ashamed of that or be put down for it. I think her website is great. i love so many of the recipes and am open to new ways of thinking and information.

The term photographed must be used loosely here.
It’s more like the guy painted her.

@islandgrl: She doesn’t seem very evolved. All her interviews pretty much sound the same.

She seems to be trying to be some sort of lifestyle guru but doesn’t have the background/cred for it.

@islandgrl: Most of the stuff on her website is written by someone else including a lot of the recipes. I’d have respect for her if she took a more active role in the content she was producing and got a decent copy editor.

beautiful day @ 07/08/2010 at 11:51 am

It’s sad to me that they are so obviously trying to make an almost 40 year old woman look like a teenager. I did a double take when I first saw the cover because if her name hadn’t been in the title, I wouldn’t have known it was Gwyneth Paltrow.

Wow! She looks really good here. Great photographer/filters.

Y.UCK….PHOTOSHOP TRANNY.

THEY SHOULD PUT A REAL BEAUTY LIKE HER MOTHER, BLYTHE DANNER, ON THE COVER.

gayobsession @ 07/08/2010 at 12:05 pm

She looks so mysthical. Like a vampire

nooooooooooo!!!!
i am subscribed to this magazine!
damn!
last month they had Blake Lively, now this
nooooooooooo!!!!
American Vogue is the most boring and ugly of all world Vogue editions, even the paint transfers to your hands and clothes from the cover while you are reading it – how glamorous?!

wow, she looks great.

blahhh.

Love the Burberry dress, but Vogue is getting REALLY repetitive lately. Wasn’t Gwenyth just on the cover back in January?@May:

Reportedly, Halle Berry got the September issue. I think there’s a good chance Emma Watson will get the November cover. That’s just speculation though.

@Donovan:

ICAWY, in her 40′s she will tell us she knows herself more than in her 30′s. It is as if they read each other’s interviews and repeat the same crap. Not one original thought here.

This is one of the reasons why those young so called starlets start having plastic surgeries in their early 20′s. Gwen and many other actresses are beautiful women who don’t need all the photoshopping those magazines do. It is OK to show these women as they are. after all, we all know what they really look like.

poorsillybitch @ 07/08/2010 at 12:41 pm

Why everything she says should be a lie? If she says that it must be true. I dont think somebody put her a gun on her head in case she didnt say that.

Oh hurray, what a surprise, people who know nothing about photography and magazine shoots complaining about the use of photoshop. Today it feels like if you’re beautiful, you’re obviously photoshopped. If you do not look like on that day you were jogging, you’re obviously way too photoshopped.

@conrad: You don’t have to be an expert on photography to see there’s a HUGE difference in how G.P. looks on the cover of Vogue vs. how she looks in her candids and red carpet photos. Just look at a close-up of her at any of her movie premieres. Her face does not look like this. They removed every single wrinkle, mole, etc…and replaced it with airbrushed blandness.

She may not be a raving beauty but she’s an attractive enough woman that they could have used her more natural.

islandgrl @ 07/08/2010 at 1:06 pm

@greenfan:

You do realize that she never takes credit for the things herself right? It always provides perspectives, recipes etc from many sources – it’s like a clearing house for information. Why does that bother you so?

Um, none of the lifestyle gurus do all of it themselves, they actually have people who test recipes, write articles and help edit content. Maybe seeing someone succeed is more uncomfortable than seeing someone falter? There in lies a problem.

REPETITIVE MAGAZINE COVERS.. @ 07/08/2010 at 1:10 pm

TO THE ONE THAT SAID WHY ISN’T SHE WITH HER HUSBAND
does that sound familiar… Ben affleck and Jen Garner do the
same thing they never show up together.She told him about that ! .No one has seen Gwyneth unless she is sitting in the audience at a award show..

Gwyneth has had so much good fortune in her life. No wonder she looks so happy all the time. Some people are born lucky and the luck just never goes away.

I can’t stand her!

She talks too much… BLAH BLAH BLAH

@islandgrl: Why does it bother you if people like or dislike her blog? This is not a fan site so everyone give their opinion, positive or negative. Glad she credits her source. She’d end up sued if she didn’t. There’s a difference between having original ideas and perspectives vs. relying entirely on external sources to write your blog. Most of the stuff she “writes” (a term that should also be used “loosely” here) is a verbatim copy and paste from a third party. It’s very unoriginal and I can understand why people are put off by the way her blog is structured. It’s lazy but I suspect she is not much of a writer and that’s why she has to rely so heavily on other writers to produce her material.

Yes, most lifestyle gurus have people who help them behind the scenes but you’d never know it with Gwyneth. She is not very good at acknowledging that she has a team doing this stuff for her let alone crediting them. And as much as she tries, she’s not much of a lifestyle guru either.

Her blog hasn’t been a success. She’s faltered at this endeavor and her newsletter is largely mocked. I’d almost feel sorry for her if it wasn’t obvious she’s using this as a marketing tool to promote her gym and cookbook. If she wants to succeed at this, she needs to put more heart and soul into her project instead of constantly handing it off to a third party.

@Lurker: Agree with everything you said, except I don’t think she’s beautiful. I’ve seen her in person on several occasions btw and she’s very tall and plain.

Hahah Paltrow proves once agian who is the real star!! Where are all the morons, who said she cant get a US Vogue cover, when she was on the UK cover in May? Three Vogue covers (British, French and now American), not to mention that she was just on Bazaar two months ago, a true fashion icon, who always gives great interviews.

No one except Kidman has had more US Vogue covers, and even she never had both important months, March & September, i will buy this just because of the stunning cover, and the fact Jerffrey interviewed her!

@Nic: Even Miley Cyrus can get a Harper’s Bazaar cover and Blake Lively has already been on the cover of American Vogue twice. They didn’t even give Paltrow the September cover. That’s the premiere issue of the year. Her other two covers this year were British Vogue and the ‘age issue’ — a group cover of French Vogue — both timed around the release of Iron Man 2. Two years ago she would have been guaranteed the cover of American Vogue if Iron Man were being released. What a snub.

Even Kate Hudson gets Vogue covers. When was the last time Kate Winslet was on the cover of American Vogue? Big difference in their careers. Winslet has flourished since Titanic whereas Paltrow has never lived up to the promise of her initial Oscar win.

who is that?

who is that?

i just wanna know why people hate her…

whoever is writing all these negative comments, you sound pathetic, how can it be photo shop when she looks just as great in the video interview, and even in the interview she barely has any make up on, or lipstick, or fake hair. ( like most celebrities)…. it’s really sad when people need to put down someone because of their own feeling of inferiority.

celeb spotter @ 07/08/2010 at 2:19 pm

@missy: It’s supposed to be Gwyneth Paltrow.

@andres:

I don’t get it either. Gwenyth is gorgeous and smart. What’s not to like? I think she’s also been kind of boring lately, she used to take more risks when it came to movie roles. “The Royal Tenebaums,” anyone?

She definitely has makeup on in that interview and she looks so different from the Vogue editorial. Take a lot at her every day photos. She looks nothing like the editorial or video. What a difference photo shop, styling and makeup really make.

I agree with most of the comments. The only pathetic ones are the stan who keeps trying to justify the extreme photo shop. It’s not normal for a 37 year old woman to have no wrinkles.

@SHO:

I think the fact that Blake Lively has been on the US cover twice proves that your career doesn’t have to be spectacular to land a US Vogue cover.
They somewhat redeemed themselves by putting Marion Cotillard on the cover, but it was so overly photoshopped.
I don’t know what’s happening over at Vogue, but someone is losing their creative niche.

twpumpkin @ 07/08/2010 at 2:31 pm

EVERY INTERVIEW I READ WITH HER OR ABOUT HER, I COME AWY THINKING THE SAME THING……THIS LOSER IS THE MOST SELF ABSORBED PERSON I HAVE EVER HEARD OF! SHE WAS BORN PRETTY, BORN RICH AND HAD PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING HANDED TO HER HER WHOLE LIFE. SHE SAYS SHE DOES NOT WALK THE RED CARPET WITH HER HUSBAND BECAUSE SHE WANTS PRIVACY IN HER LIFE. WELL MAYBE SHE SHOULD HAVE PICKED A DIFFERENT CAREER. I LOVE SEEING STAR COUPLES TOGETHER ON THE RED CARPET. SHE DOES NOT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THE FANS. GO AWAY GWINNIE!

BRAD STILL LONGS FOR HIS GWYN! @ 07/08/2010 at 4:26 pm

He never really stopped loving her, even though she cheated on his scraggly azz. She’s so much more down to earth than Angie, so much more laid back and enjoying of life. Go Gwynnie. Brad’s girl, always.

What’s all the hoopla regarding photoshop. She doesn’t look photoshopped…she’s wearing makeup, something she doesn’t do in her day to day life. And WTF, it’s a magazine cover, you’re supposed to look your best!! She looks the same on the cover as she does in the video attached…so did they photoshop the video too? You people criticizing her must truly be ugly, inside and out.

And to twpumpkin…why should she pick a different career if she loves to act? That’s absurd. She’s not acting so you can see her and her husband on the red carpet!

She looks fantastic. I was surprised how great she looks during the interview. There has been a couple of photos recently where she does not look that good. However, there is nothing fake about her at all. Her poise and beauty is amazing. But who cares. She does not have to look great all the time. Because I sure don’t. I have to quit judging people on their appearance.

Oh I subscribe to her blog and I love to read what she has to say. It is very interesting. I can not wait to get my VOGUE for August.

@nyop: You’re probably just as ugly as the people you’re attacking because they don’t share your opinion.

There’s a difference between looking one’s best and not looking like yourself at all. This cover doesn’t look like Gwyneth at all. They did the same thing the last time they put her on Vogue except they made her look like a robot. Maybe that was deliberate though?

She does not look the same in the video. She has no blemishes, line or moles on her face in the mag. You can clearly see her skin is not perfect in the video. Not to mention she looks 10-15 years younger on the cover.

@BRAD STILL LONGS FOR HIS GWYN!: I’m not a Jolie-Pitt fan but Brad strikes me as the type of guy who’s with the woman he wants to be. I can’t imagine him pining away for a snob like Gwyneth if she cheated on him.

At least Gwyneth is smiling for once. They must have photo shopped the sour puss of her face too.

She may annoy me with her airs sometimes, but it’s clear Gwyneth is genuinely shy and humble. She probably overcompensates at times to cover that; hence the annoying behavior. I like her here though!

MARIA FROM TEXAS @ 07/08/2010 at 5:45 pm

# 53–BRAD STILL LONGS FOR HIS GWYN—BOY, OH, BOY —IT DIDIN’T TAKE LONG FOR ANGIE’S NAME TO COME UP. ANCIENT HISTORY—LET IT GO PEOPLE. —– NOW, BRAD LOVES ANGIE AND ANGIE LOVES BRAD. THESE TWO GORGEOUS PEOPLE ARE DESTINED TO BE TOGETHER WITH THEIR BEAUTIFUL FAMILY. SO, PLEASE LET IT GO. I AM SURPRISED THAT SHE IS SMILING. SHE ALWAYS LOOKS SO SAD. WE BARELY SEE HER HUBBY AND THE KIDS ANYMORE. AS FOR BRAD, I AM GLAD THAT SHE CHEATED ON HIM. IF THIS HAD NOT HAPPENED——-BRAD AND ANGIE WOULD ‘VE NEVER MET. I DON’T EVEN WANT TO NAME THE UGLY ONE– THE ONE BETWWEN GORGEOUS ANGIE AND GORGEOUS GWYN. SHE WAS AN OPPORTUNIST BITC*. THAT’S WHY BRAD CALLED IT A BUSINESS MERGER.

She looks great in the video. All magazine covers are photoshopped. How can there be so few pictures with her husband?

Yep, all mags are photo shopped but not to this degree. This one makes Cameron’s HB cover look natural.

Just watched the video. Did someone write that she wasn’t wearing makeup cause she’s definitely wearing makeup in it. I can see eyeliner, mascara, eye shadow, blush and lipstick. And it’s obvious she’s been professionally styled for it. It barely looks like her but it’s still more natural than the cover.

Halle Berry hs the biggest issue of e year The September issue. Fortysomething women rejoice!

seriously people. why all the hate?

ilslandgrl @ 07/08/2010 at 7:42 pm

@bliss:
It does not bother me, but I do find it interesting and puzzling.

Times a tickin @ 07/08/2010 at 7:48 pm

@editrix: I think she has a cookbook coming out

@anon: Halle Berry is naturally beautiful. She’s one of the few actresses they don’t have to really retouch. There are before and after photos of her on the web and her retouching is very minimal.

Not sure why they felt the need to retouch Gwyneth so much. They did make her look a lot younger and pretty but if they wanted to change her this much, they should have just used a model.

EVERYONE GETS PHOTOSHOPPED, look at Jolie’s Parade cover! that said Jolie looks great on the cover. Gwyneth looks natural and pretty in the VIDEO. I don’t get the hate either, it’s a melange of things from being Brad’s ex to being outspoken to just being a person who’s lived a charmed life.

@aska: I agree. All the negative comments are given ‘THUMBS UP” on this post and it truly baffles me. Any one of those people who are negative would not blink twice if 10 million dollars showed up in their lives, had the dream job, or woke up looking hot one day.

It’s OKAY for others to have what you want. They are not having it at any deficit to you.

I don’t think Brad longs for her. He never mention her while Gwyneth seems hang up with him and tries to come up with his name even its not relevant in interviews. I remeber he only refer to her once as Paltrow.

all you haters annoy the piss out of me.If she’s wearing makeup,you have a problem with it.If she goes out without makeup,you say she shouldnt go out looking so bad.

and everyone bitching about the photoshopping,she didnt make the decision to do it…

Give it a rest people.you’re so pathetic.You say she’s boring and predictable??What about all of you.The minute there’s an article about Gwyneth,the haters come out with the same boring,predictable comments

oh and i forgot to add, especially you,YUCK,talk about being predictable

killeroffilth @ 07/09/2010 at 2:31 am

@editrix: Nothing important….nothing that´s she´s promoting. And frankly l´m downright disappointed with Vogue´s selection for cover girls as of late. They Recycle actresses hey, they´re doing something for the environment.

@boycrazy: You’re not on a fan blog. If you don’t like the comments, skip them.

I’m glad people are talking about the photo shop because this is beyond photo shop. It’s magic. She looks nothing like this and it’s sad that Vogue dislikes the way she looks so much that they did this to her. It’s what they do to Madonna’s ads.

bigbadblackman @ 07/09/2010 at 8:25 am

Why are white people so ugly? oh by the way—-I HATE WHITE PEOPLE.

@ bigbadblackman. Shut up n!gger.

She’s very pretty for a Jewish girl.

jen aniston's fan @ 07/09/2010 at 2:58 pm

WOW
she looks stunning!!

pretty in pink @ 07/09/2010 at 4:45 pm

Beautiful cover but I agree with the majority, it doesn’t resemble Gwyneth too much. They airbrushed her to resemble a 20something model.

I do not know why there are soo many peope hating on Gywn…I might not like her either but at least I can say she looks good here…there are just soo many crazy fangurls…the same fangurls that hate on Kate Bosworth…….I am wondering is there anyone who is perfect to any of you crazy women..
BTW…SHE IS JUST AS BEAUTIFUL AS HER MOTHER BLYTHE…@yu.ck are you some pathetic fangurl lusting after her husband Chris Martin…………….lol

Gwyneth is a beautiful woman with class.. Great actress .. There all airbrushed..and she looks just like herself…

@Jam: I think if this Yuck person had some inkings for Gwyneth’s hubby, he/she would have mentioned it by now in their posts. I’ve never seen any references to Martin. They are right, Gwyneth can’t hold a candle to her mother. Blythe gets more attractive as she ages, Gwyneth not so much. She just isn’t as attractive as her mother and she doesn’t have her mom’s class and tact which is why most people seem to like her mom but not her.

II think most are turned off by the extreme photo shopping. If you have to be changed into an almost entirely different person, I’m not sure that’s a good thing. This cover makes the Cotillard cover look natural. At least Marion is recognizable on her Vogue cover.

Ironic that this is the “age” issue and she is photoshopped to look 25.

@Jam: I am not a fangurl at all, and in fact, I no longer find Coldplay’s music good or enjoyable. I don’t like Gwyneth because she is arrogant and entitled. You can’t fault a person because they were born rich or good looking. But you can fault a person on what they do with their blessed life and since Gwyneth has been on the scene she has lauded her charmed life in front of everyone. And for someone who is supposedly so private we all know an awful lot about her since she talks about herself and her life constantly. I think it’s her husband who is more the one that wants privacy than her. I am sure she would speak a lot more about him if he didn’t mind. Either way, I don’t really believe all of this lifestyle guru earth mother image she is trying to portray. While I do agree with some of the stuff she says about health etc and I don’t think that just because someone is an actress they can’t be interested in other things or pursue different projects. I just don’t buy it coming from her. She doesn’t know how to relate to normal people without sounding condescending.

Lancaster-born and raised Ursulina really loves ルイヴィトン 財布 collectible products, casino gambling. She is inspired by spending valuable time with her awesome friends.