Gerard Butler is the Machine Gun Preacher

Gerard Butler is the Machine Gun Preacher

Gerard Butler dons slicked back hair, a leather vest and a sleeveless Harley-Davidson Motorcycles tee while shooting his new movie, Machine Gun Preacher, on Monday (July 12) in Detroit, Mich.

The 40-year-old Scottish actor plays Sam Childers, a biker preacher-defender of Sudanese orphans.

In this scene, his character returns home and his daughter is waiting for him with a “Welcome Home Daddy” sign.

10+ pictures inside of Machine Gun Preacher star Gerard Butler

gerard butler machine gun preacher 09
gerard butler machine gun preacher 10
gerard butler machine gun preacher 11
gerard butler machine gun preacher 12
gerard butler machine gun preacher 13

Jesse Grant/Getty

Lets hope he’s staying Scottish and not putting on that ridiiiiiculous American accent he does.

I get that this is for a movie but he looks soooooooooo dorky!

Who cares!!! My boyfriend thinks the same with me. He is eight years older than me,. We met online a ~A~G~E~L~E~S~S~B~B~W c/~ oo ~/ m— It’s a premiere plus-size dating community for BBW & BHM seeking large person..A nice and free place for Younger- Women and Older Men, or Older Women and Younger Men, to interact with each other. Maybe you wanna check out.

Onion breath and STDs is all I see everytime I see a photo of this greasy ******

Thanks JJ. Great piccies we haven’t seen yet. Bravo! *applauding*

fame is a b*tch @ 07/12/2010 at 11:30 am

Ridiculous. This man was so cool before. But now, not. He is infected by Hollywood fame and it hits him badly.

He’s got an 80s quiff ha ha. He looks like a 21 Jump Street reject.

guess what..they are probably filming scenes from the 80s…you people are really something

@Now Then:
I gotta admit the pompadour definitely would make Elvis jealous. I notice there are extensions in the back for length. Are these the earlier years? Thank God they didn’t fauxstache him to. hahaha

@guess: That’s obvious, doesn’t make it less dorky.

Simply Hopeful @ 07/12/2010 at 11:43 am

Can’t believe we have another new thread already! Great pics JJ…Love his hair longer!
Waves to the regs!

well…dorkiness is in the eye of the beholder…

JewelryMaker @ 07/12/2010 at 11:46 am

A new thread already? Yay. He will probably get the ‘stache in later scenes.

This just proves that the mullet can even make a hot man look horrid. DEATH TO THE MULLET!

it seems like lately we only have hair threads in GB Land :)))
no parties, no Starbucks, no kissing threads…..just hair!

@Stacy C:
hahahahaha
I now have Mullet Man to the tune of Elton John’s Rocket Man going through my head. Thanks. hehe

@Stacy C: so true! I’m looking at him and he seems a completely different person…I blame the hair!

cubedweller @ 07/12/2010 at 11:59 am

Great pics – thanks JJ!

@Manny:

Uh uh uh Lmao

For me, he looks good even with the mullet :)

@LauraS:

“…a completely different person….”

I think that’s the point. It’s ACTING and he’s disappearing into the character, they way he used to be able to do so completely that no one recognized him from one role to the next. Which just might mean this movie truly is a return to form for him, to which I can only say “GOD I HOPE SO!”

When did JJ sneak this in on us? I apologize for doubting the pap.

Wow. Butler looks tough as nails in that costume. Good job costume and makeup. The rest is up to G.

sometimes he’s kinda of adorable in a hopeless way….but he’s FAAAAR from hot…whatever floats your boat hahahahaha

@fairy:
You magical creature. Again you find what we can’t. *mwah*
BTW in that pic of him walking away… I notice his ass is missing again. hehe

@*eyeroll*: I didn’t say “different” was a bad thing….I agree with you 100%
*hoping GB will act the h*ll out of this role

I think this part of the movie is set in the 90s when their daughter was a little girl. Gerry looks just like bikers around some bars in my area. I don’t like the look personally, but he’s got it nailed for the movie.

@Gracey: I was just thinking about the same thing.

There are a variety of biker types in the world. Preppy bikers, weekend middle-aged bikers, rich bikers, poor bikers and the type of biker that Sam was at this time of his life. It’s a culture of it’s own, and of course the look isn’t what many people find attractive. But that was Sam’s culture and that’s what’s G is portraying. I think some people seem to think he should pretty up the role. This is about a real person. No need to whitewash it. I can’t wait to see what the look in Africa will be.

long time lurker @ 07/12/2010 at 12:48 pm

Evening JJers

Feels like I’ve been away for ages but it’s good to see a new thread. I’m looking forward to this movie and hoping G does a fantastic job

He looks like an older SHIA LABOUF…

Is Butler still with that French reporter?

The Doctor Is In @ 07/12/2010 at 1:04 pm

Nice mulletude, Butler.

Is that Lynn Childers talking to him (the woman holding his face, and he has his hand on her waist? She looks like she’s giving him guidance or something.

And…I’m liking this look.

My, my, my.

I was never the one who liked the bad boys but since finally noticing Gerry I’m suprised how much I’m attracted to them. (With age comes wisdom?)

Anyhow, loving the biker look.
Seriously.

Nice pics, but they need to thin out his hair on top a little, so its not …so high. When I look at the pics my eyes to right to the hair.

…go right to his hair. Sorry. Need edit button.

@Nuts: I wondered who that is as well. The woman has the same kind of hair as Lynn. Could be.

*eyeroll* @ 07/12/2010 at 1:34 pm

@Nuts:

I’m thinking that’s Kathy Baker who plays Sam’s mother. It’s def. not Michelle Monaghan.

He’s amazing. Even his body type changes with different rolls. His arms look like a real biker’s arms, not like King Leonidis or even Mike Chadway or Milo.

@ALS:
I have to agree. His arms have the biker flab going right now. I miss his beautiful defined guns. *sigh*

*eyeroll* @ 07/12/2010 at 1:37 pm

@*eyeroll*:

but I could be wrong. I’ve been wrong before. lol

Damn! Really need an edit button!

d.listed has a few different pics over there if anyone is interested

nice to see Laura S. and Buts back

morning jj’ers

gossiphound @ 07/12/2010 at 1:46 pm

But you can see Michelle Monahan in a few of those shots, she is wearing a short flowered skirt or shorts.

Our Gerry is even looking a little soft in the belly dammit.
What i want to know, is why does the stunt double have better hair than the star? hehe

@spanky: hey you!
you all know I love GB but today I’m really loving this (sorry for all uninterested but this made my day :) http://www.cosmopolitan.com/celebrity/news/spanish-soccer-player-iker-casillas-kisses-girlfriend

your right manny….lol ……….

gerry went for the hair gel i guess, or last night’s KY

@Manny: Did you read the ‘article’ that goes with the dlisted pics? The Cyrus-ized part and the El Camino and … I laughed until a cried. Sorry, G. You know I love you, but that was some funny stuff.

So everyone can enjoy it. I did LMAO Mia!
From dlisted:
Billy Ray, Is That You?
I see Colin Farrell’s comb over and raise you a Gerard Butler’s mullet. I really can’t wait for the pictures of Hugh Jackman with a Jheri curl. Or Jon Hamm with a rattail.
Anyways, here’s Gerard Butler with a pair of clip-on bangs hanging to the back of his head while strolling around the Michigan set of the movie Machine Gun Preacher.
The sight of Gerard Butler usually only makes the rate monitor in my private areas jump a few times, but the mullet makes me see him in a whole new light. Cyrus-ized Gerard looks like the type who will disinfect the open sores on his peen with a few splashes of Natty Ice before bending you over the back of an El Camino. Actually now that I think about it, Gerard always looks like that type.

@Manny:
True about the stunt’s hair… oh well, don’t get me started on “hair” today because it’s totally out of the question.. *winks*
* * *
Happy to see Spanky, LauraS and Buts are around again…
It’s a pity JJ keeps on posting hair threads but at least these GB pics are new!!
*salute to all the JJers*
P.S: Thanks to Fairy for posting all the piccies/news

@fairy:
Now I’m hearing Born to Wild….. Oh Fairy you are taking me on quite a trip today. *mwah*

Is it me or he looks a bit like Bono back in the 80′s?!

I’m just waiting for him to start singing “Where the streets have no name’” on some rooftop!! LOL

What’s all the fuss about? He looks really good.

free2ride ride2B free @ 07/12/2010 at 3:03 pm

I am loking at this pic as was sent here b/c friends told me if i want to see my hubby there is a pic of him right here. LOL Sure..close tho.. only thing is my hubby would not wear that chain or hair as long or full. We have both been weekend Harley Davidson riders for yrs. There are so many Harley guys who look just like G, Butler. Nice guys who have a beautiful home they keep up as well as building different outdoor sheds for their bike(s) tools. It’s a fun life especially if the old lady likes to ride her Sporty Harley Davison too. I say thank God for the dble garage where the guys gather on weekends to do their beer buffs. We chics see more asss cracks then we care to. In the end they are all big sucs who need us to be their keepers.

BTW I luv GB but why is he never with a women except to play flirt.
And how can you say i was gay for one year?? WHA??!! 1 yr????? That is what he said. LOL
Does NOT make sense. I would love to see GB serious with a female.

Yeeeees, but does his fingers
automatically point,
like a weather-vane,
to what ever direction
the sexy, saucey, red hot, Jennifer Aniston
is waving her bikini bottom!!!!

EEEny, meanie
miney, moe,
Does she wear my ring
on her toe

Will she invite me to her
August parties, I wanna know….

eeny meanie miney moe!!!!

The fingers stand at attention,
rigidly and point towards her,
like an Irish Sitter!!!!

Yummy Jenny-Poo!

postwatcher @ 07/12/2010 at 3:07 pm

Who is the stylist on this set? I have never ever everseen a biker wear his hair like that, even back in the 80s. Childers is bald now, he was prolly balding back then. Gerry looks stupid.

Dlisted comments
Looks like he belongs in the “werewolf” club on a True Blood episode with those Poison hairdo whorz.

*ponders the disinfectant qualities of Natty Ice*
This bloated bozo with yellow teeth always looks like he needs a shower and is about to burp and far.t…..
Sorry, but I fail to see the appeal.

So would one of you ***** please do me a favor and tell me why women swoon over this?

Cuz I am seriously about to place him in that Colin Farrell Overrated Beyond Rationale category.
I don’t get the appeal of this fella, especially not now after the LA makeover.
Ahhhh! Wipe away the El Camino!!
Would hit it while “Achy Breaky Heart” is playing in the background on constant repeat.
He looks like my dad if my dad were about 75lbs thinner and had more hair.
“Madness? THIS. IS. TRAILER TRASH!!!!”
Gerald Butler looks like a typical dude at a bar who watch you let lose and then tells you a story of his life backwards and maybe then invites you a local Motor Inn
If you decline he politely says its a joke and invites you to Dane Cook’s show in AC that he got tix for free from his other desperate friend who is doing a late shift as limo driver at your local airport
He is THAT type of guy or a type of guy who works moving trucks and marries his stripper friend cuz she accidentally got prego
So now she works Costco 9to5 and has a really bad fried perm and extra two pounds on her saddle bags
Her kid eats bologna sammich like its luxury
He just looks dirty like that to me… But Ill still let him doggy me wearing a plaid skirt
Hey a*shole youre
about 20 years fking late
to front for
village people
he was HOT in “RockNRolla” – dirty but hot – but at this point he’s just dirty. more “sweaty fat” than “dirty hot”.

until the sequel to “RockNRolla” i’m through with him.
Ewww…

Gerard is a big ol bowl of ******-douche soup
holy sh*t, I was just going to post a comment regarding Billy Ray when I had to do a triple check and realized it was GB. *phew*

I don’t get it…why so many negative comments?? He is playing a drug dealer biker dude doing some jail time…he isn’t obviously clean shaven or neat looking…get a grip

gossiphound @ 07/12/2010 at 3:09 pm

This twitter is witty

Gerard Butler is to an American Accent what Rosie O’Donnell is to femininity.

gossiphound @ 07/12/2010 at 3:13 pm

We have some local biker types that STILL wear their hair like that. The bona fide bikers, not the summertime weekend warriors.

I think it looks hot.

gossiphound @ 07/12/2010 at 3:16 pm

I don’t get the negative comments about an actor in costume either – I can only imagine the Colin Farrell comb over thread, what next rumours that Colin is actually bald and Gerry decides he prefers a mullet not that he has a mullet. Movieline agree with me LOL.

@gossiphound:I don’t get some of the comments either. They act like this is a new look he’s adopted for real life. Are people that stupid? What’s amusing is that some of the criticisms of his look are exactly the look they are going for for the character. Dirty, bad hair, tough …. yep, that’s the idea.

People are just dumb… Just like the Phannies associated him with the Phantom, a character he played and not someone he is in real life.. same thing is happening with the current movie look now..

It’s just a role for crying out loud.. I doubt he’s going to walk around with a mullet and biker wear after the cameras cease to roll…

I am really looking forward to this movie! Mullet and all. I think this could really be Gerry’s chance to get his acting on and give naysayers a big STFU. :-)
entertainmentalley.com

@gossiphound:
Well he is certainly looking the part of a middle aged biker. A little soft everywhere except the attitude.
Is it puffed because no one there knows how to blow out curly hair? Hello stylist. Las Vegas Elvis this isn’t.
I’m still struggling with the pompadour. It doesn’t look slicked back or finger combed back. It looks…teased…layered with Brylcreme and … well… just ridiculous!
Blondie seems to be doing some good hallucinogens. :P

Well on the bright side at least they got one thing right.. He looks authentic and believable looks wise.. let’s hope that the acting is up to par as well.. and he just may redeem himself after all the rom-com hell he put everyone through!

Simply Hopeful @ 07/12/2010 at 3:43 pm

@LauraS: Loved the Celeb*tchy link.. why do I think of “Bad Boys” by Miami Sound Machine ;)

@gossiphound:
This twitter is witty

Gerard Butler is to an American Accent what Rosie O’Donnell is to femininity.
* * *
ROFLMAO!!!!
Thanks GH for posting this!!
* * *
Don’t get the negativity of those comments either, this time people should have realized it’s just for the movie… Or maybe, like we feared, his antics are really influencing people’s opinions even when he’s onset?

No one can please all of the people all of the time. Some were flapping their lips awhile back that he hasn’t really gotten into a role in a long time. Now, he pretty much has the look of this character perfect and they’re b.itching because he doesn’t look clean, pretty and cut? Maybe he should only do dramas where the hero can look handsome and dashing so he won’t offend anyone who wants to keep him up on the Phantom pedestal. What a bunch of idiots.

I’m looking forward to this movie. One site I was reading today has its release date as Sept. 11, 2011. Has anyone here any idea what his next project will be? I’m sure something is in the works. I remember how his announcement about Coriolanus seemed to come from out of the blue.

wondering @ 07/12/2010 at 4:02 pm

can someone explain why are so called haters POTO fans??? or are they M.Crawford or even J.Aniston fans?..sometimes I wonder

Sucky Accent @ 07/12/2010 at 4:05 pm

@BEAN:

Agreed! His sucky, messed-up version of an “American” accent is soooo distracting. If you can’t do it right, Gerard (and you can’t), then don’t do it at all.

@wondering: That question has been around for a long time. My best guess is that they got reality confused with their delusional obsession over Butler/Phantom. Some are still living that delusion, but the ones who finally realized their ‘Eric’ never really existed had meltdowns and had to turn the venom somewhere. G was their target. They blame him for not really being Eric. There are a couple of these sad creatures who post on IMDb. They admit their initial love for the Phantom and at the drop of a hat will drone on about how G has let them down in other roles. IMO, Gerry didn’t let them down. They’re just crazy and always have been. A couple of these people have been posting the exact same comments year and year.

It’s good the shallow twits are shocked by his look. Means he’s doing his job well.

wondering @ 07/12/2010 at 4:22 pm

@Hmmmmm:

thanks! I’m a fairly recent GB follower, but I do wonder about this…in fact, I saw some threads on IMDB and it is really ridiculous…strange people

@Hmmmmm:
You know I have never ever understood the Phantom syndrome myself. I read the book and the Phantom of the Opera and the Phantom was evil personified. In the musical he was a more mild protagonist but he was still a murderer. When the movie came out and you actually see him murder, the women wanted to mother him. Is it that serial killer attachment thing? Nobody loves him poor little puppy mothering thing? Who knows. Ted Bundy had his fans too.
What is hilarious is that the fans of the Phantom can even reconcile Gerry as anything like the Phantom. Gerry’s personality is a total polar opposite. I just don’t get it.

wondering @ 07/12/2010 at 4:35 pm

well I never got the whole phantom hype …not my cup of tea…I’m more in Rocknrolla kind of films

hellotheregb @ 07/12/2010 at 4:49 pm

hummmm……me likie his stunt double!! Gerry in costume has everyone up in a tither! geeeezzz just costume!

O the days of the Mullet! this i must admit is a much better version then I remember! usually a mullet where I am from is a total tall fuzz/buzz on top and flat longer hair down neck and weird flat longer hair on sides. This is more a pooffy do.

Butler did it….. yes I have passed the interview and background check etc. I should have a contract soon for the fall. I also was asked back to cover for a leave in my last place of employment for 1st semester so I have somethings going as far as long term jobs. Thanks for asking!
waves to all … I need coffee. I dropped it in the department store earlier today. talk about Louoooser!

postwatcher @ 07/12/2010 at 4:51 pm

Now that I think of it, if his big hair was white he would look like
Charleton Heston as Moses coming down from the mountain…

@postwatcher: I have to agree. They should fix his hair. Its too bushy on top.

@free2ride ride2B free: Where did he say he was gay for 1 year? Thought that was just speculation.

@Hmmmmm:
Never understood that either… Yes Erik was a murderer, and if you listened to the lyrics in POTO, he was even an obsessed psycho (because what he feels for Christine is just obsession, you can’t even call it love); then he even had his face wasted on one side… why the heck should Gerry be similar to him? Thank God he isn’t!!
If I could associate Gerry to one of his characters, better Marek the romantic historian in “Timeline” or Terry Sheridan in Tomb Raider, kind of bad-**** I like…. Or One Two in Rocknrolla

postwatcher @ 07/12/2010 at 5:01 pm

Jeffrey Dean Morgan’s facial features match Sam Childers better than Gerry.

@Manny: I agree with the hair thing. Other than that, he looks good and believeable in character. I don’t know why I have such a thing about the hair today ….I think I’ve posted three times already about it. I just can’t seem to get past it. Everytime I look at the pics I keep thinking there’s something sitting on his head.

He looks perfect for the role that he’s doing right now. I think he looks sexy as hell, and this will probably be one of his best performances yet. Yes, I am a very proud fan. :)

@XOXOXO:
Well save me a seat next to you… I can’t get past Gerry’s goofy poof either.

Fan pic from the set just now…
I saved it to my hard drive… if one of you has an imageshack or photobucket account, email me at manlesston@gmail.com and I will email it to you so we don’t lose it. :)

gotta be kidding @ 07/12/2010 at 5:22 pm

@wondering:

i like films like rnr and LAC, dont have any desire to even see POTO.

@wondering:

thats y i stopped going to that stupid board, too many wierdos, nasty posters and that GFW person is a douchebag. i kept having to put her on ignore she kept changing her damn title. no offense to any of you decent people who post there.

I havent made up my mind on G with this biker look, whether i think he looks sexy or not, i think he’s certainly a better looking guy than sam childers (hope the bikers dont come after me!)

BUT I have absolutely no doubt this be G’s best commercial role ever so far, i totally see him playing this character, i feel a vibe that he’s really into it.

He looks sexy as hell. Kinda reminds me of Robert Mitchum. He was a manly man like Gerry is. I can’t believe how his looks change so much for each film. His stunt double almost looks like his twin. When he is riding that bike he looks as though he has always been riding one. He looks comfortable on it. I for one am happy he decided to do this film.
Kick butt Gerry.

Why is everyone fussing over the biker look. It’s for a role…

I think he’s really showing the attitude, too, in some shots. Gerry-kins, let’s bring this baby on home! If it turns out well, Margaret should start shopping for the dress she’ll wear t the Oscars!

I agree about the hair being too puffed up ….and I HATE Mullets but I LOVE Gerry and think he is going to make all you naysayers eat your words….better yet eat his fist!! Now that I would like to see! I’d even pay… There are things that a lot of you do not know about the generosity and friendliness he bestows on just about everyone he meets.. You never get to read the good that he does… Isn’t that just typical! LISTEN UP PEEPS! He is in character and he is in his COSTUME….you know the clothes that his CHARACTER has to wear!!! Do you think you people that have nothing better to do than post your disgusting and nasty ass remarks can figure that out? AAWWW….I’m guessing you;re too DUMB!

@Manny:
Thanks for posting them Manny!!!!!
* * *
*closes her eyes to avoid seeing the comments attached to the pics*

OMG honey you took a wrong turn on your way to the mothership. You should have turned right rather than left. I just knew phannies had their compasses out of whack and they can’t tell where they are posting.
No one here has said he wasn’t nice. But then again, maybe his bed partners wouldn’t agree with us. :P

redOctober @ 07/12/2010 at 6:08 pm

Thanks @fairy: and
@Manny:

…for all the links.

I’m not sure about Gerry’s look , but I’ve never seen a real USA biker except in movies, so I cannot tell if he looks authentic or not. Just looking forward to a good movie both for reverend Childer’s cause and Gerry’s future as a serious actor.

honestly... @ 07/12/2010 at 6:08 pm

I have to be honest here, and I am SO embarrassed to admit this, but…
I saw these new pictures and…
I think he looks hot! I like the mullet! WTF is wrong with me?? I know in my brain that it is so so wrong but for some reason, I couldn’t help myself.
*hangs head in shame*

@redOctober:
Here is what American bikers look like… in fact Sam Childers is one of them.

redOctober @ 07/12/2010 at 6:29 pm

Indeed Gerry’s got the looks…probably of a younger Sam with more hair.@Manny:

@honestly…:

Honestly….I join you in the land of shame. I can’t believe that I’m finding him very hot like that. My hometown and area has bikers. The real kind, not just weekend riders. I never found them attractive.

But, ya put a hot scot in jeans with a tough attitude and I’m jelly.

This is SO not my MO.

For the record, I also found him hot as Creedy, Marek, One-Two, Mike Chadway, and Milo (go ahead, shoot me.) Even Clyde. And Charles from Jewel of the Sahara.

I’m a lost cause, aren’t I…

@honestly…: I know. I know. There’s just something about him in the getup that brings out my baser instincts. Oh, dear, my imagination is working overtime.

gotta be kidding @ 07/12/2010 at 6:33 pm

i actually like the title of this thread, sort of bad-ass-y. i hope the flick is promo’d as such, like LAC was promo’d featuring G as badass. my fave kind of G!! (tho shamelessly admitting loved TUT)

@Nuts: you’re hopeless (((: can I add Johnnie to that list?

gotta be kidding @ 07/12/2010 at 6:51 pm

i hope he has cool lines similar to “it’s gonna be biblical” the way he looks up and almost whispers……..

ok, getting too xcited and carried away, i will calm down now.

@LauraS:

Johnny…and Marty…

Don’t get me started…that wicked twinkle in G’s eye gets me everytime…

Jeffrey Dean Morgan’s facial features match Sam Childers better than Gerry.
…………………………………………………………………….
Yes, and JDM rides bikes all the time…♥

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/07/12/gerard-butler-machine-gun-preacher/comment-page-4/#comments#ixzz0tVnHvvY1

Simply Hopeful @ 07/12/2010 at 7:02 pm

@Nuts: Beowulf.. Leonidis… sigh!

saw today @ 07/12/2010 at 7:03 pm

Glad to see the mother ship came and posted …they have as much right as anyone to post. No reason to tell them not to come here and post. I think GB looks hot as ___, if you know what I mean. He is playing a part and he is right on as far as the look. This is not a mullet,mullet is completely different…this is the way they were wearing their hair in the 90′s. GB has a lot of hair and hard to tame. I would not want them to thin it to make it look more like Sams. Leave GB’s hair alone. I love it long like this..What a man….Go Butler, Go….

Actually what G is sporting would be considered a half mullet…♥

Simply Hopeful @ 07/12/2010 at 7:08 pm

Tweet – patrauchman There’s a lot of people stalking Gerard Butler over here. Lol

Hmmmm… wondering if the phannie express arrived in town? ;)

@ Nuts. I said it before and I’ll say it again. I’d shimmy up his leg anyday. He is smokin hot.

@gotta be kidding:

God Almighty, are you serious? That was one of the worst lines ever.

If getting ugly wins oscars, then butler better dust off a place on his mantle. He looks horrid. The hair is bad, but the pasty arms in the wife beater are just killing me.

JewelryMaker @ 07/12/2010 at 7:20 pm

I’m not sure this is supposed to be a mullet at all. I think they just tried to make his hair look longer, so they added some to the back. Since it is shorter on top, it looks mullety. ha ha. He still looks great. Of course if he wears the helmet, his hair will go flat on top, no more puffy hair. With it so puffy, it almost looks like a hair helmet. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t be so mean….

I think Gerry looks good. The look fits the movie!

The people who commented on d-list and celebitchy sound like they have absolutely no idea who Sam is and what he looks like and what the film is about. They posted negatively about Gerry’s biker look like he is supposed to look like he is attending Oscar or some dressed up event. Totally idiotic.

cindylou who @ 07/12/2010 at 8:15 pm

now he looks like my mechanic

shadowplay @ 07/12/2010 at 8:16 pm

Just when you thought this guy couldn’t look any skeezier….he always looks sweaty and like he smells bad.

honestly... @ 07/12/2010 at 8:24 pm

@Nuts: @Hmmmmm: Thank gawd I’m not alone. It’s embarrassing but there’s something about that puffed-up mullet that’s getting me going. I need help.
You know, I think that the hair vaguely (and I mean vaguely) reminds me of Dracula. Maybe that’s it?

gotta be kidding @ 07/12/2010 at 8:25 pm

wow a plumber, mechanic, makes me wonder if G shows any butt crack in the movie when he squats down to fix his bike or something. You kno he’s dying to any chance he gets!

honestly... @ 07/12/2010 at 8:30 pm

@gotta be kidding: Just the thought of GB’s plumber butt has me laughing! Let’s hope he cracks it out for the DVD extras.

Fritz the Scribe @ 07/12/2010 at 8:47 pm

The chain dangling on his thigh….holy crap!. And I’ve always loved G in leather.
*dirty snicker*
God, I’m a perv.

Dumb Girls @ 07/12/2010 at 8:49 pm

He looks fat and out of shape. I miss the 300 body or even the Jerry Kennedy dork. This flabster is gross and uncalled for. Ew.

I just saw where Jon Hamm (top of the page) answered this question. Now this is the definition of what a man’s man is to me ….nicely stated.

Jon on being a ‘man’s man’ or a ‘ladies man’: “I was raised by a single mother. I think the definition of a man’s man has shifted in recent times to this sort of fratty bro, different from the older version which was aloof and different—Gary Cooper or Cary Grant or James Bond. Now it’s a little vulgar, kind of a lowbrow, adolescent. I’m not that guy. Part of being an adult is treating women like women.”

@ Fritz, Nuts, Honestly, Hmmmm. All you ladies have excellent taste in your choice of this man. He does cause heart palpitations.

Fritz the Scribe @ 07/12/2010 at 9:21 pm

@lolita:
Thank you!
Yes…heart palpitations=powerful sexual attraction. It’s great fun. Just don’t mistake sexual attraction for love. *grin*
BTW…confession to my chummies. I know a lot of you don’t care for POTO. I’m the polar opposite. Phantom is what brought me to G. I love that character. Always will.

He is still sooo hot. it is just a character he is portraying, we have to remember that. he will go back to the Gerry we love soon!

Did I accidentally click on a Billy Ray Cyrus pictorial? I’m confused.

He looks like he’s playing Shia Leboufs dad

I think some people here confuse the characters he portrays with the man himself. They are all different and maybe we find each character attractive in their own right. I’m with Fritz on this one. It was POTO that brought me to take notice of GB. I also fell for Attila and The Stranger. In each of his incarnations we find someone interesting and unique or maybe not depending on the viewer. What ever the reason we all ended up here just for the fun of it. Even the snarky ones. I’m interested to see who he will become after this one is in the can. Glad to see he is taking this job seriously despite the understated hair-do. ;)

cubedweller @ 07/12/2010 at 11:48 pm

I really think he’s got this greezy biker dude look insanely accurate. The hair, the shirt, the skinny but out-of-tone bod – it’s all there. And I couldn’t be happier that he is (finally) disappearing into a role. I’m also glad (thanks, Manny) that they have closed the set. Even tho it’s fun to see the pics, it has to be so difficult to film with the phanniestalkercontingent hooting and catcalling from the sidelines.
His stunt double looks like Tony Vincent, his other SD from Booty Hunter.

hellotheregb @ 07/13/2010 at 12:16 am

yes late 80′s early 90′s he reminds me here of an old boyfriend! he was tall, had an accent from boston and same great hair. I remember he would have a fit if I touched it! haha thanks for the memories Gman!

trying to figure it out @ 07/13/2010 at 12:27 am

@Manny
Canada Goose flying by – Mannikins, what are you thinking? If he plays Liberace that will really fuel the gay rumours.

Long time no see.

I’m with team biker. OMG.

I don’t like bikers. They make too much noise. But, this is a biker I just want to take behind the roadhouse. LOL. Oh, my.

I usually like preppy guys. Like G’s Neal in Shattered. But ……… I’m facing my inner fears right now.

Is there nothing this guy can’t become?

Baby, I’m along for the ride.

hellotheregb @ 07/13/2010 at 12:40 am

how is G going to get neked in this film? you know he won’t just settle for a little bum crack! he likes the whole enchilada! what are your guesses? this is not ment to be dissresp. towards S. childers etc.. just a little fun … you know the Gman must get neked on every pic! He sometimes reminds me of George Castanza who fanciend himself velvet couches and robes! and call he is p0rn name “vandelay”?

trying to figure it out @ 07/13/2010 at 12:41 am

@Fritz the Scribe
And I’ve always loved G in leather.
Conjures up all sorts of X-rated pictures – bad me!

Fritz the Scribe @ 07/13/2010 at 12:43 am

@trying to figure it out:
If he plays Liberace that will really fuel the gay rumours
______________________________________________________
LOL! LOL! LOOOOOOOL!!!!.

Simply Hopeful @ 07/13/2010 at 12:48 am

@hellotheregb: you know he won’t just settle for a little bum crack! he likes the whole enchilada! what are your guesses?
I think it will probably be a nekked scene with Michelle Monaghan

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/07/12/gerard-butler-machine-gun-preacher/comment-page-6/#comments#ixzz0tXD23eQh

A friend told me about this place because she said I’d be so into the new Gerard Butler. I always liked him. But now I just want to jump him. That’s my guy. And you all had better stay away. I’ve been waiting a lifetime. You were right. Thanks, Beth.

@Hello: Don’t spaz. How many people on earth are named Beth? This sure won’t out you. (Just some fun between friends.) I likey GB. And I got a thumbs down? Come on. Party p-oopers.

You got a thumbs down because the old guard here can’t take anyone new and spontaneous. The think they rule JJ.

Talk among yourselves.

I think the pic with the blond woman who’s holding his face is an actual scene in the movie.. If you notice there’s a guy holding a microphone in the pic wearing headphones…

That was a scene being filmed. It’s weird how movies come together. A little bit here, another bit there. How do they make any sense of it? Especially the actors.

A Phannie I’m not! Now give me Attila and I’ll follow that hair anywhere! But I have a question ,,,,,If you don’t like Gerry and you find him disgusting or a sleaze or “Gay” why the hell do you bother coming here? Move on to a celeb you like and slow down your heart rate,,,, Why get all hot and bothered by spewing your vile insults about some one you do not know, and probably will never know! This man that you people like to constantly berate has one of the largest fan bases in the business! As for his American accent….another piece of trivia you probably have no concept of is that a Scottish brogue is the hardest of all to overcome. I agree his American accent is not as good as some others but it seems (and I don’t know why) he picks the movies that call for such. I think he just likes the challenge but what is great is that he doesn’t mind admitting that he struggles with hiding the brogue sometimes… BTW…my husband loved TUT and actually said “I wouldn’t mind having a beer with that guy” too bad Gerry doesn’t drink! BTW…I also have many friends that have been up close and almost personal with Gerry and they tell me he always smells wonderful…clean and not over powering ….I’m hoping someday I find that out for myself!

People, this is being filmed down the street from me. It’s based on a true story, so yes, he has to dress for the time period this took place. Give him some credit, will ya? Sheesh.

gossiphound @ 07/13/2010 at 2:42 am

@Manny:

Now wait a minute some of those photos from the set reminded me of this 80s icon

gossiphound @ 07/13/2010 at 2:49 am

@cubedweller: Stand in a local guy named Travers, his first name, his girlfriend and brother were all excited and posted on twitter when he got the gig.

gossiphound @ 07/13/2010 at 2:51 am

How come few outlets mentioned that Michelle Monahan and apparently Michael Shannon are also in some of the photos. She looks adorable.

@BEAN:

The person he portrays is American. Sorry to disappoint you. This film is based on a true story of an American.

from the daily mail

To complete the bad boy look, Butler teamed the unflattering hairstyle with a Harley Davidson T-shirt, leathers and bikers boots as he filmed scenes at a Detroit trailer park for his new movie Machine Gun Preacher.
The 40-year-old appeared rather out of shape, with his muscular body having lost much of its definition.
He and Aniston became romantically linked during filming of their comedy last summer and did little to dispel the rumours as they embraced each other on the red carpet throughout their promotional tour.

Mellifera @ 07/13/2010 at 5:21 am

Oh wow. Have to say I did an inner squeal when I saw the first pic. This takes me back to my teen years where I loved me a bit of a bad guy clad in leather

*drools*

Hair report: Grade A++
Leather vest report: Grade A

@Manny: have to agree with ya, I miss the defined arms :-(

@Nuts:
Actually… what would make me go crazy for G is…none of his characters but… him in a kilt… sorry… I lose my mind when I see kilted men, don’t know why… :)
* * *
@frannie:
Go BACK to the motherships… if you didn’t notice, here nearly everybody likes Gerard, we just dropped our pinkcolored glasses a long time ago.
We see him as the MAN and the ACTOR, but we don’t think he’s kind of superman.
*wonders why we have to deal with the same questions all the time*
* * *
@observer:
You’re wrong, newbies are always welcome here.
All of us were newbies one way or another, right? The thumbing down or up doesn’t depend just on the regs, someone can thumb you down without even posting.
@gossiphound:
I hope he gets along with Michelle, she seems adorable to me too and she’s a fine actress.

@Mellifera:
Hi Melly, miss the defined arms too….
I was shocked to see that in one of the first pics from the MGP set, Alan was sporting more defined arms than him…
I wonder if that’s for the role too, maybe Sam isn’t supposed to be all built up!

Mellifera @ 07/13/2010 at 5:46 am

Hey Merlin! Yeah I did see Alan’s arms, they just looked…scary! I guess he doesn’t have GB’s height so he doesn’t look as proportioned or something :-)

I forgot to say before, I agree with CJ, its really only half a mullet, thank god its not down his back or anything (because I think I wouldn’t be so hot for Gerry then, bwahaha!)

Mellifera @ 07/13/2010 at 5:52 am

I just have to say (sorry, off topic), God Bless Sofia Vergara, I have actually found a picture of someone in a bikini with an a.r.s.e that looks exactly like mine. Not perfect, not complelely bump-free, not skinny-hipped…but still gorgeous. I suddenly feel a whole lot better about myself.

Love her in Modern Family too, Gloria is fabulous!

Sorry, now back to Gerry :-)

@Merlin, I’m new here and so far I have been welcomed. I am like the rest of you regulars I like him as an actor and I accept him as a man with flaws like we all have. Having said that, I first saw him in Atilla and thought WOW. I liked POTO and some of his other films. He has it in him to be a good actor and I think he will prove it with this movie.

Tried posting 4 times last night and nothing held.

Test! Test! Test!

gossiphound @ 07/13/2010 at 8:13 am

Wow I just saw this twitter from Detroit News:

Attorney denies John Stamos had fling with Michigan 17-year-old; actor expected to testify http://bit.ly/9rX0EL

Okay, for some reason I can’t post the link to the on location vacations site which has more pics from yesterday AND a short video clip of Gerry talking to fans.

I’ve tried posting it several times and JJ just swallows it.

Merlin…..FOOK OFF!

gossiphound @ 07/13/2010 at 8:40 am

Oh according to Zimbo that is not Gerry’s stand in but his stunt double in those photos which are of course 2 different things. Some confusion there.

gossiphound @ 07/13/2010 at 8:42 am

Nuts use an URL shortener like bit.ly

@frannie:
We see him as the MAN and the ACTOR, but we don’t think he’s kind of superman.
*wonders why we have to deal with the same questions all the time*

That’s not the way I’m reading it! As for Pink colored glasses …the correct phrase is ROSE colored glasses. If you think you can intimidate me you are sadly mistaken…I wrote a comment to you before but I see it wasn’t accepted…hmmmmmmmmm I wonder what it could have said?! Use your imagination if you have one!

Stinkylouise @ 07/13/2010 at 9:03 am

I couldn’t post the direct link either,Nuts. Maybe this will work:

It’s the 3rd link.

Peacesister @ 07/13/2010 at 9:03 am

Hey ladies, relax – please. And regarding his body shape. How the hell did he do it? From Coriolanus form to this? In this short time? A cupcake-fries-mars bar-diet?

gossiphound @ 07/13/2010 at 9:04 am

Sorry cube, the confusion was mine, duh. I believe you are correct, the stunt double is the fellow from Bounty Hunter. His other stunt doubles including the well loved/lusted after Tim in Butlerdom must be busy. This guy does seem a bit shorter though than G.

gossiphound @ 07/13/2010 at 9:06 am

If you use bit.ly your links will not offend if you get my drift.

No dice with my attempts. Now the last try is in moderation.

*takes her blanket and sits in the corner*

gossiphound @ 07/13/2010 at 9:44 am

And it’s free.

Anyone see the new thread? It’s like an ad for Bounty Hunter DVD. What’s up with that?

@gossiphound:

Tried that shortener. Tried another, too. No dice.

@redOctober: You’ve done it again. Great find.

cubedweller @ 07/13/2010 at 10:53 am

@gossiphound: Thanks, GH. Tony is a lovely guy, but I miss Tim – sniff :( ♥

@Old Mia:

Woo hoo! Yes, Red, I agree with Mia.

What I wouldn’t give to watch that man “at work.” See him arrive on set, then prep for a scene, and then shoot it over a few times watching for changes in performance. Just observe the whole process.

About his arms being flappy and lacking definition, if you saw the promo clip for Sam’s documentary you would notice how Sam’s arms look, flappy and big and no definition whatsoever to speak of. It also shows that Sam is on the heavy side with a pot belly. So Gerry is right on the character’s appearance. Also, I have seen better looking trailer parks. The new set of pics show the trailer Gerry/Sam is/was supposed to live in, not glamorous at all and Gerry’s outfit, greasy and torn, fits right in.

Thank Nuts for your effort posting the new pics and Stinkylouis too.

Stinkylouise @ 07/13/2010 at 11:09 am

@Old Mia: $$$ for JJ! I’ll be skipping that thread.

redOctober @ 07/13/2010 at 11:29 am

@Nuts:
@Old Mia:

…you’re welcome girls! ♥♥

I’d love to see the man working on set too. But probably I’ll never have the chance, so I hope that those who can have that opportunity behave themselves and show respect for all the people working there.

redOctober @ 07/13/2010 at 11:34 am

…ain’t she lucky? ; P

cinematiccede D00d! Gerard Butler is filming his new movie down the street from my house xD 16 minutes ago via txt

Forgot, thank RedOct for that pic too. He has his head hung like that, a quiet moment to himself perchance. I may be a perv but my eyes direct my brain to the crotch area in each pic. Darn it.

redOctober @ 07/13/2010 at 11:43 am

@Shelley:

You’re welcome ♥…and about the crotch thing, I think you are not a perv , just a hot blooded woman ; D

I love the video of him with his fans. What a sweetie. i hope this year is the year where he excels in his career and finds love.

redOctober @ 07/13/2010 at 11:58 am

Rosy says: “Gerard Butler..looks a hot mess on set” A hot fine mess indeed photographic proof at Accidental Sexiness http://bit.ly/bow7QT 19 minutes ago via web

Nuts – JJ apparently is going to block onvacationlocations because he is getting his pics from there. I did have success by dividing the link in half and telling people to type in the front end…
Frannie – so hostile. You want to fit in and come in here with guns blazing. Let me know how that works for you. *turning cold shoulder*
BTW Frannie, English is not Merlin’s first language so you should show a little tolerance unless you are bucking for the troll of the day award. That said, have a nice day grumpy one. :)
Whew… So how are all the JJers doing today?

I agree Sukar. This is the chance for him to prove that he is not the light weight in the acting department as people like to believe.

Doesn’t he look like Bono in that pic with the shades? I find him sexy in these pics in a greasy sweaty way, real rough biker, a redneck (not to be offensive), not some weekend yuppy motocycle aficionado.

OH MY GOD!
That Booty Hunter thread is just insane. I’m staying here… I won’t be pulled into that mess. :)

gotta be kidding @ 07/13/2010 at 12:25 pm

Stupid TBH thread! That’s the past! MGP is the future of G!

@gotta be kidding:
There are definitely two kinds of Aniston fans, those who love and those who love to hate. I’m just staying clear…
Plus I think it is such a PR ploy and probably a paid thread to sell that DVD.
My two cents… wait to see the extras on YouTube before spending your hard earned cash. As bad as the movie is, unless G has a bare ass shot they aren’t getting my money. :)

Fritz the Scribe @ 07/13/2010 at 1:03 pm

BARE ASS SHOT??? Where? WHERE?
LOL, Greetings to my buds. ***

It would be nice if we don’t tell every person who gushes about Gerry to “go back to the mothership.” It is selfish, annoying and rude. This is a free forum, everyone has a right to say what they want. If you don’t like it, skip it

I’m really ticked at JJ for putting up that TBH thread. He knows the crazies come out when their names are on anything together. Guess he figured this was his last chance to make hay on it.

@sukar: I agree. Let’s not turn into IMDb. They drove everybody off with that kind of action.

saw today @ 07/13/2010 at 1:32 pm

I bought my BH DVD today.. Haven’t had a chance to check out extra’s yet. Love GB’s look…. I am still trying to find the flabby arms…they still look defined to me. He looks extra hot.. I hope everything goes well on this shoot because it is an important message.

@LauraS:

Yay, he looks good.

Those look like new piccies, LauraS and redO. *mwah*

redOctober @ 07/13/2010 at 2:38 pm

…another photo from the film site

When I first saw all these pics yesterday, I did a doubletake not quite believing they were Gerard Butler. After looking at them awhile, I have become strangely fascinated/obsessed.

Was it on this thread someone said something like “Hose him down and bring him to my tent.”? LOL. I’ll take him just as he is. That’s part of my current obsession.

@Daisie: LOL. Thinking things that we never thought about before or ever will again. I’d rather imagine living in a trailer with a biker than actually live that scenerio though. Thanks G for broading our horizons. Hehehe.

@Manny:
* * *
Thank you dear, if that phannie was smart she would have thought that my first language was Scottish Camelotian… it’s a pity the phannies go completely mad and lose any common sense when someone dares to touch their Gerard’s altar…
*mwah to Manny*
Ditto, me thinks too she wanted to have the best troll award in this thread… Sorry, regs dwell into corruption here, that’s why we give Guido that award in every thread… ;-)
*waves to JJers*
Thanks to everybody who post the links to the piccies!!
;-)

Manny and Merlin….first of all why you would call me a Phannie and tell me to go back to the mothership makes absolutely no sense to me! You don’t know me and secondly seems like Merlin speaks well enough to get his or her point across which i might add is pretty nasty right along with yours! I didn’t single you out as a naysayer, you chose to attack me. I didn’t come here to have this idiotic debate with you or anyone else. You are right. I am a huge fan of Gerry’s but I don’t see him as a God nor do I worship him. I simply respect him and it boggles my mind when I read the same trash talk on sites like this. I enjoyed looking at the pictures and came here to say just that but before I could get to the bottom I have to read a couple of very negative posts…not yours BTW…so if you have a beef with me than I guess you will have to put me on your Troll list….but I have to warn you….to know me is to Love me! Have a nice day!

from twitter
Dropped off Gerard MFing Butler in Ferndale @ Actors Studio, totaly nice guy, AWESOME tipper 2 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

redOctober @ 07/13/2010 at 4:20 pm

DEARBORN HEIGHTS — Filming of scenes for a movie starring Gerard Butler will be shot this month in the city.

Mayor Dan Paletko said “Many people could show up just to try and see Butler, he said. While he’s not personally familiar with Butler, he said “the actor is popular among many women.” ; D

@LauraS:

What a lucky cabby.

@redOctober:

and, the mayor’s comment… hahahahahahah. Understatement of the year!

@Manny:
* * *
Manny, is that possible that all the phannies are neurotic psychos?
Oh we need to be so patient and diplomatic here… don’t bother to reply to her, waste of time…
*casts new spells again to delete stupid trolls from JJ*
* * *
@LauraS:
Hi Laura, thanks for posting that tweet!!
I like “awesome tipper”… they always said he wasn’t.. well, maybe the taxi driver was a woman? ;-)

Fritz the Scribe @ 07/13/2010 at 5:05 pm

I’d be willing to bet G talked that cabbie’s ear off and was genuinely interested in his life, etc.
Actors Studio? Wow….interesting. They’re famous for what’s called the ‘method.” Getting deep into an actor’s psyche and using past traumas/pain to be the best actor/actress possible. Some of the finest movie stars/legends/actors have that background on their resume.
This indicates to me G is serious about this role, kids. It’s wonderful to see.

“Mayor Dan Paletko said the scenes planned for Dearborn Heights will be set in a bank and will depict a bank robbery.”

hmmmm, was Sam ever arrested for bank robbery? Intriguing. I want to see this movie more and more. TOOO bad have to wait til fall ’11 .

In the one picture where he is walking with his back to the shot. His butt has totally disappeared. He needs the butt pads like he had in POTO. He said he has a tight little tushie, well he’s not lying. It’s little alright.

@Fritz the Scribe: I think G would have his own acting coach on set. My bet would be he was asked to visit or even to speak to a class about his experiences etc. He’d love that.

Fritz the Scribe @ 07/13/2010 at 5:42 pm

@Old Mia:
Highly possible.
All Actor’s Studios have very intimate settings. What a terrific experience for students and G alike.
On another note I couldn’t help but notice the charm of the town they’re filming in. Great vibe.

@Merlin: Hola (I’m in my Spanish mood :)
@redOctober: love the chest hair in the first pic *wink wink

Fritz the Scribe @ 07/13/2010 at 6:18 pm

@redOctober:
Ooo! Thanks!
I see his Siamese twin….err, I mean Alan is there. LOL!

His hair looks awesome without the extensions on the back. Thanks RedOct.

I'll Bite @ 07/13/2010 at 6:22 pm

@redOctober: redOctober – fantastic finds! Many thanks

Did I miss a video? Darn obligations.

Old Mia / sukar – ITA! While I know that there are people who post both here and on IMDb, puhleeze let’s not feed into the same frenzy that made that place go downhill.

redOctober @ 07/13/2010 at 6:26 pm

@I’ll Bite:

…you’re welcome… ; )

@LauraS: ia’s

It was taken when he started to film TUT I remember E! being there.. Think it was taken at Beso Eva Longoria’s restaurant

saw today @ 07/13/2010 at 6:31 pm

@LauraS: I remember seeing this about the time he was making TBH…I know over a year ago.

@redOctober: keep them coming!
@Now Then: @saw today: thanks! I haven’t seen that before (hmmm didn’t think there were pictures of GB I haven’t seen- must immediately take a crash course at the GB Research Institute cause that is just unacceptable!

Red is awesome. What would we do without her? She’s way ahead of JJ. Maybe she should start her own site!

Fritz the Scribe @ 07/13/2010 at 6:54 pm

Yep, she’s a gem.

redOctober @ 07/13/2010 at 7:10 pm

@Old Mia: …don’t tempt me! LOL!

@LauraS:
@Fritz the Scribe:

I’ll do my best, some days I’m more lucky than others.

@Old Mia:
Let’s hope not.. first because we would be lost without RedO (I sound selfish but I don’t care..), second because she never was inpolite to anyone here and that’s a great virtue, third… OldMia, do we need another Gerard Butler site? ;-)
* * *
*knighting RedO to make her part of the Round Table in Camelot*

Feel so sorry for the G man…it is so fecking hot in Detroit…I’m suprised his hair isn’t a mass of ringlets..they must be pouring on the gel and hairspray to keep it under control…♥

gossiphound @ 07/13/2010 at 7:22 pm

Red is a gem but JJ has to pay for the photos/get licences etc.He did good with the set photos this thread. He was first on the draw.

PS Anyone hear the infamous Mel Gibson tapes? Heard them on talk radio. Wow. The line about how he left his wife because they were not spiritually connected was the kicker for me. Someone is rather selective in which commandments he bothers to follow and he has the audacity to infer his wife was somehow spiritually inferior to him??? Wow.

redOctober @ 07/13/2010 at 7:23 pm

@Merlin: awww…thanks My Lord Merlin! …I’ve never been “knighted” before!…you are most kind…

gossiphound @ 07/13/2010 at 7:27 pm

Apparently the guy who runs the Actors Studio, where the well tipped Detroit Cabbie did thusly transport the Butler, is one of the actors in Machine Gun Preacher.

an onlooker @ 07/13/2010 at 7:27 pm

I don’t know how G copes with it but if I had that many women (or men or both) following me and tracking me day in day out I would have an out of body experience. It must be surreal at times for him even though he laps it up. Remember these are total strangers who just to get a piece of him. It must be wearisome at times.

OMG The Actors Studio!!!!!!!!! *spazzy dancing around the room*
That is an awesome opportunity. I love love love the show. Yippee, we will all get to see him in a very intimate and soul bearing situation. James Lipton doesn’t leave any stone unturned and seems to know more about the subjects than they do themselves.
I’m such a happy little muffin right now. :)

Fritz the Scribe @ 07/13/2010 at 7:39 pm

@CJ:
I’m suprised his hair isn’t a mass of ringlets..
______________________________________________________
That image is hot to me. LOL! But I’ve always loved his dark curls.
G has a head of hair most men would die for. He’s very fortunate in that regard.
@Manny….wait….hold up. He got a gig with Lipton? I adore that man!

@an onlooker: There are probably times when he laps it up and other times when he wishes he were invisible. I agree, it must be an odd kind of existence. People following you physically, but then others with their cameras and cell phones and Tweets. He can run, but he can’t hide. Good for us, not so lucky for him. An inplanted GPS system has been suggested. LOL.

But again, there are times when he’s been under the radar for a few weeks. Those are dull days indeed.

@ Red O. Great video. He really is being nice to his fans. It’s good to see that even though he is so busy filming he still takes the time to show his fans he appreciates their support.

@Manny:

Manny I dont think it is THE Actors Studio he was dropped off at. Just some Detroit run one.

Isn’t the Actors Studio in NYC. When was he there?

Florida Gal @ 07/13/2010 at 8:16 pm

@Now Then: The Michigan Actor’s Studio is an extension of the one in NYC…in fact, I believe there are several of them in the US, I do know there is one in LA as well. James Lipton was born and raised in Detroit. But the one in the Detroit area is part of the same Actor’s Studio system as the one in NYC that is run by James Lipton.

There’s one in Detroit actually:

Michigan Actors Studio

Ferndale, MI 48220, United States

I hope he’s long gone by the time I have posted this… hope the phannies don’t camp out!

an onlooker @ 07/13/2010 at 8:29 pm

Old Mia, I feel torn about his fans following him everywhere even at his place of work. I love to see the onset pictures like the next fan so long as his privacy is not invaded and his work not interrupted. These recent photos I think were released by his team corresponding to the release of TBH DVDs. For MGP fan photos/paps photos have been kept to a minimum but things could change when more people become aware what is going in their backyard.

@LauraS:
Picture with Eve is about two years old IIRC. :)

@Fritz the Scribe:
OMG did I jump the shark? I read briefly and saw the reference to the Actors Studio and there is only one that has a broadcast show so I assumed. Now I feel like pouting… James Lipton is a God. hehe
Frannie – I haven’t called you a phannie and I have only addressed you about Merlin’s turn of phrase. If you think I have posted to you about something else you’re wrong. If I didn’t use your name in the post to reference you then you are assuming too much. I still want you to have a nice day. :)

@an onlooker:
I was feeling the same way until I have read that it is a closed set. That means anything that Gerry chooses to do with fans is his choice and they are not disrupting his work time. That was a big relief to me. I want this movie to kick ass. :)

ha,ha…GB back in the 80s with that look..he is just like Village people!!..,do you remember that group?? ha..ha so funny gerard,but I still think that you are a hot man

redOctober @ 07/13/2010 at 9:03 pm

@Manny: “it is a closed set. That means anything that Gerry chooses to do with fans is his choice and they are not disrupting his work time.”

That sounds amazing! I’m so looking forward to MGP being a great movie.

While I enjoy seeing pictures of GB any time any where, I’m glad this look is just for a role and temporary. It suits the character he’s playing and I’m sure authentic, but not my favorite look for him. Although it is growing on me a little…… nah! I think I’m just used to regular GB.

redOctober @ 07/13/2010 at 9:07 pm

From Screenrant First Look: Gerard Butler in ‘Machine Gun Preacher’ http://ow.ly/187FMI 36 minutes ago via HootSuite

@brenda:
So is he the Y? M? C? or A? hehe :P

And whomever said Butler may lose fans for Booty Hunter… they were right. hahaha
Badasian
My love of the Gerard Butler ends at Bounty Hunter. #watchingitsoyoudinthaveto #justsayno
1 minute ago via Twitter for iPhone

Fritz the Scribe @ 07/13/2010 at 9:40 pm

@Manny:

So is he the Y? M? C? or A? hehe :P
______________________________________________________
LOL!!
No worries on the Lipton thing. I’ve often wondered what it would be like to have him interview G, though. Maybe some day. xo

I think it is so funny that so many posters are ignoring JJ’s “new thread” about TBH and sticking to this one about MGP.

hahahahahaha!

@Manny:

I want this movie to kick ass. :)

I have a really good feeling and a sneaking suspicion that it will kick ass and will help to put Butler in a more respectable league of actors.

2011 seems to have some quality movies in reserve for him:

An indie: Corolianus .. industry peeps always love indies

and MGP….

Here’s to some critical success coming Gerry’s way in 2011 since 300…

You know..Teacher Man would be a great next project for Gerry…

redOctober @ 07/13/2010 at 10:14 pm

@Nuts: …”“new thread” about TBH “…

I have just one thing to say about it…

Night night JJers ; )

I just hope they change the working title to Another man’s war… Machine Gun Preacher just doesn’t do it for me..

What do you know, speaking of 300:

-Snyder Planning 300 Sequel-

51 minutes ago | WENN | See recent WENN news »

Filmmaker Zack Snyder is set to revisit ancient history and is planning a sequel to his hit war film 300.

And even though his star Gerard Butler was killed off in the first film, the Watchmen director has every intention of bringing the Scottish actor back.

Snyder tells WENN, “He knows how much the women love him with no clothes on, so I’m sure he’ll make himself available.”

Totally OT – but what was the deal with this last weekend? Weddings galore… Penny & Javier… John & Emily… Carrie & Mike… I wonder who else snuck under the pap radar to find wedded bliss?
Ariadne – I wish Butler a critically acclaimed 2011 too. Maybe we will yet see him talking with James Lipton! :)

Manny…..I want you to have a nice day too! I’m not such a bad troll once you get to know me! I’ve had my say …now I’m just enjoying the pictures and the posts… Carry on ,,,you guys all seem to have a good rap going with each other.. Don;t want to interfere!

@frannie:
hey stick around… party is just getting started… plenty of room for more rappers… Merlin is a joy too… I think we all got off on the wrong foot. :)

hellotheregb @ 07/13/2010 at 11:45 pm

@Simply Hopeful: hummmm I would prefer on of his spontaneous scenes that he just has to have in there like LAC although the scene in 300 with Leo’s wife was pretty damn sexy!! still trying to decide what I want here. I will read the rest of the thread then make another decision about his Nekedness!

@Hello: welcome who knows who gave you a thumbs down ignore them! have some fun here and tell us more about what your friends have said. nice to have good reports about him up close and personal. but not creepy, just fun stuff, well that is my vote.

Here’s to more photos of Gerry at work tomorrow…and more fun tweets.

Feeling very optimistic about this project. :o)

And, still liking the biker look…to my complete surprise. Seriously.

hellotheregb @ 07/14/2010 at 12:05 am

@Peacesister: In the Corn. pics did we ever see his arms? I just remember the army jacket. Maybe there were pics of him at monaco with more defined arms? I did not save them I will go an look though. or have they been likes this for a while?

hellotheregb @ 07/14/2010 at 12:35 am

@Nuts: I have no even looked for the new thread. still reading through this one and commenting (late as usual) is Gman neked yet?

hellotheregb @ 07/14/2010 at 12:38 am

@Manny: Manny! how am I going to get to sleep tonight? now I am all a twitter!

hellotheregb @ 07/14/2010 at 12:40 am

OT- Craigy Ferg is on now. Bunny with accent is silly! Does anyone know when Shark Week starts! I love love love Shark Week and now it is starring Craigy ferg!!!

hellotheregb @ 07/14/2010 at 12:56 am

ok I read the other …thread… this was pretty funny though>.
“The only thing that could make this thread any worse would be the appearance of Bet and Guido.”

I actually like Guido and his posts. but funny post anyway.

I am going to read some twitter now, peeps are apparently gone for the night.@Manny: I

hellotheregb @ 07/14/2010 at 12:57 am

@Manny: I always liked his look in gamer. yummy!

LidaConnie @ 07/14/2010 at 12:59 am

GBs arms in the MGP pics look like Popeye’s or Shrek, minus the green….tee hee. And the mullet….omg! How can he keep a straight face during the serious scenes while sporting the nasty mullet wig or mullet extensions…whatever they may be??

Greetings from Guam. Nice here this afternoon. (Hubby is in the military, so don’t think I’m some exotic island girl. Just you average American soccer mom.)

I’ve read here a long time. I don’t get the people who rag on the MGP look. It’s to capture what Sam Childers was at that time. However, I wish they had left off the mullet clip-ons. I think his hair is great for the part without them. But nobody asked me. And, I suppose they won’t go back and film the scenes without them because I object.

I’m looking forward to see how they evolve the character and the look of him.

Somewhere someone used the word “unique” to describe the whole MGP adventure. It is unique. I think Butler has chosen a good one this time.

I’m off to find out who this James Lipton is some of you seem to know all about. I had not heard of him before today. Although I do know about the famous Actors Studio.

@LidaConnie: Tee hee? Someone says tee hee. Lida dear. You are not ready for prime time. Be gone.

So I read about James Lipton. We sure don’t get Bravo. We get a mix. (At least I get to keep up with Days of Our Lives. Is EJ in trouble or what? Love James Scott. He’s the main reason I watch.) We don’t even get real commercials just military promos and information. Never thought I’d long for commercials.

If anything on Bravo shows up with Butler and MGP, will someone please post it on JJ.

Fritz the Scribe @ 07/14/2010 at 1:34 am

@Gaaggggg:
LOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!
@Opal….welcome! We’re a bunch of loons but most of us don’t bite…unless provoked. Cheers.

GB couldn’t sit still through the hour long interview with James Lipton.

watching from waaay back @ 07/14/2010 at 1:50 am

@Fritz the Scribe: Don’t know, some do bite. But you sound like the Statue of Liberty. But then, I like the French.

Tee hee? OMGL.

OK. Let’s let them all in.

The more, the merryer, merrier, merr…. I can’t spell tonight. It’s late. My vote is for – merrier.

And a merrier day tomorrow in Butler Land.

Back again.

I don’t get how Milo can be Attila. And Attila can be Johnny Donne. And Drac can be Mike; and The Stranger can be the Machine Gun Preacher. And Sam can be Gus. And any of them can be the Phantom.

And any of them can be GB on talk shows.

Conclusion. Dam.n he’s good.

@Grandma: I forgot. How can Terry Sheridan be Gerry Kennedy? Anyone who wants to say he isn’t a good actor should live and learn.

Tee hee. Tee hee. OMG. No mensa candidates here.

@Gem: and you prove it.

Ian's Cross @ 07/14/2010 at 3:25 am

Too much hair. Take it down a notch. He needs to capture the shorter man’s stance and the essence of Sam with the acting, not the costume.

gossiphound @ 07/14/2010 at 3:50 am

@Fritz the Scribe: Lipton should interview Gerry because he must be running out of real actors to interview, some of his guests this year have been pretty questionable as to their worthiness IMO.

Mellifera @ 07/14/2010 at 3:55 am

Signs You May Be Too Much of a Gerry Fan:

Reason #4,382
You are writing an email to your client and instead of signing off with “Kind regards”, you type “Kind gerards”

*Mellifera off to new home at The Mothership, waves cheerio to JJrs*

gossiphound @ 07/14/2010 at 3:57 am

@Ariadne: I think Machine Gun Preacher is actually a clever title and I doubt they will change it.

It is catchy and intriguing and will help the movie appeal to a broader audience besides Sam calls himself that and he’s got the reality series with the same name and they will clearly be cross promoting the film and the reality series. And really it does capture the essence of the story in three words.

Peacesister @ 07/14/2010 at 6:35 am

@Manny: Many (uhm – what? – yeah – distracted) thanks for the guns’ pics. :-)

@hellotheregb: many thanks to you for initially grabbing the thread. I remember this picture, where he looks totally trimmed (from one of your least favorite sites, yet, it’s fruitful sometimes) – http://www.gbgalsgallery.com/v/roles/coriolanus/filming/42810_HQ_7rs.jpg.html

An it IS one of my alltime favorite pics!

NEW Thread (and not the Bounty Hunter one!!!)

hellotheregb @ 07/14/2010 at 6:25 pm

@Peacesister: oh yeah I forgot about this pic. It is a fav.

Gerard Butler has a blond female as his assistance? I wonder if they are in a relationship? He is touching hair very fondly? Mmm????

Just popping in to see if I can stir up a bit of fun! Kind of quiet which took me by surprise…but am enjoying the new and better pics of GB! It’s too bad he didn’t let his own hair grow and maybe the comments wouldn’t have been quite so neggy…including mine!

Manny..thanks…I agree, I’ll rake the blame for the bad start! Shoot…maybe I am a phannie! NOOOOOOO!
Merlin…apologies to you too!

Best I can do folks.”Carry on”