Gerard Butler is the Machine Gun Preacher

Gerard Butler is the Machine Gun Preacher

Gerard Butler dons slicked back hair, a leather vest and a sleeveless Harley-Davidson Motorcycles tee while shooting his new movie, Machine Gun Preacher, on Monday (July 12) in Detroit, Mich.

The 40-year-old Scottish actor plays Sam Childers, a biker preacher-defender of Sudanese orphans.

In this scene, his character returns home and his daughter is waiting for him with a “Welcome Home Daddy” sign.

10+ pictures inside of Machine Gun Preacher star Gerard Butler

gerard butler machine gun preacher 11
gerard butler machine gun preacher 12
gerard butler machine gun preacher 13

Jamie McCarthy/Getty

Pages: « 16 7 8 9 10 11 [12] Show All
LidaConnie @ 07/14/2010 at 12:59 am

GBs arms in the MGP pics look like Popeye’s or Shrek, minus the green….tee hee. And the mullet….omg! How can he keep a straight face during the serious scenes while sporting the nasty mullet wig or mullet extensions…whatever they may be??

Greetings from Guam. Nice here this afternoon. (Hubby is in the military, so don’t think I’m some exotic island girl. Just you average American soccer mom.)

I’ve read here a long time. I don’t get the people who rag on the MGP look. It’s to capture what Sam Childers was at that time. However, I wish they had left off the mullet clip-ons. I think his hair is great for the part without them. But nobody asked me. And, I suppose they won’t go back and film the scenes without them because I object.

I’m looking forward to see how they evolve the character and the look of him.

Somewhere someone used the word “unique” to describe the whole MGP adventure. It is unique. I think Butler has chosen a good one this time.

I’m off to find out who this James Lipton is some of you seem to know all about. I had not heard of him before today. Although I do know about the famous Actors Studio.

@LidaConnie: Tee hee? Someone says tee hee. Lida dear. You are not ready for prime time. Be gone.

So I read about James Lipton. We sure don’t get Bravo. We get a mix. (At least I get to keep up with Days of Our Lives. Is EJ in trouble or what? Love James Scott. He’s the main reason I watch.) We don’t even get real commercials just military promos and information. Never thought I’d long for commercials.

If anything on Bravo shows up with Butler and MGP, will someone please post it on JJ.

Fritz the Scribe @ 07/14/2010 at 1:34 am

@Gaaggggg:
LOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!
@Opal….welcome! We’re a bunch of loons but most of us don’t bite…unless provoked. Cheers.

GB couldn’t sit still through the hour long interview with James Lipton.

watching from waaay back @ 07/14/2010 at 1:50 am

@Fritz the Scribe: Don’t know, some do bite. But you sound like the Statue of Liberty. But then, I like the French.

Tee hee? OMGL.

OK. Let’s let them all in.

The more, the merryer, merrier, merr…. I can’t spell tonight. It’s late. My vote is for – merrier.

And a merrier day tomorrow in Butler Land.

Back again.

I don’t get how Milo can be Attila. And Attila can be Johnny Donne. And Drac can be Mike; and The Stranger can be the Machine Gun Preacher. And Sam can be Gus. And any of them can be the Phantom.

And any of them can be GB on talk shows.

Conclusion. Dam.n he’s good.

@Grandma: I forgot. How can Terry Sheridan be Gerry Kennedy? Anyone who wants to say he isn’t a good actor should live and learn.

Tee hee. Tee hee. OMG. No mensa candidates here.

@Gem: and you prove it.

Ian's Cross @ 07/14/2010 at 3:25 am

Too much hair. Take it down a notch. He needs to capture the shorter man’s stance and the essence of Sam with the acting, not the costume.

gossiphound @ 07/14/2010 at 3:50 am

@Fritz the Scribe: Lipton should interview Gerry because he must be running out of real actors to interview, some of his guests this year have been pretty questionable as to their worthiness IMO.

Mellifera @ 07/14/2010 at 3:55 am

Signs You May Be Too Much of a Gerry Fan:

Reason #4,382
You are writing an email to your client and instead of signing off with “Kind regards”, you type “Kind gerards”

*Mellifera off to new home at The Mothership, waves cheerio to JJrs*

gossiphound @ 07/14/2010 at 3:57 am

@Ariadne: I think Machine Gun Preacher is actually a clever title and I doubt they will change it.

It is catchy and intriguing and will help the movie appeal to a broader audience besides Sam calls himself that and he’s got the reality series with the same name and they will clearly be cross promoting the film and the reality series. And really it does capture the essence of the story in three words.

Peacesister @ 07/14/2010 at 6:35 am

@Manny: Many (uhm – what? – yeah – distracted) thanks for the guns’ pics. :-)

@hellotheregb: many thanks to you for initially grabbing the thread. I remember this picture, where he looks totally trimmed (from one of your least favorite sites, yet, it’s fruitful sometimes) – http://www.gbgalsgallery.com/v/roles/coriolanus/filming/42810_HQ_7rs.jpg.html

An it IS one of my alltime favorite pics!

NEW Thread (and not the Bounty Hunter one!!!)

hellotheregb @ 07/14/2010 at 6:25 pm

@Peacesister: oh yeah I forgot about this pic. It is a fav.

Gerard Butler has a blond female as his assistance? I wonder if they are in a relationship? He is touching hair very fondly? Mmm????

Just popping in to see if I can stir up a bit of fun! Kind of quiet which took me by surprise…but am enjoying the new and better pics of GB! It’s too bad he didn’t let his own hair grow and maybe the comments wouldn’t have been quite so neggy…including mine!

Manny..thanks…I agree, I’ll rake the blame for the bad start! Shoot…maybe I am a phannie! NOOOOOOO!
Merlin…apologies to you too!

Best I can do folks.”Carry on”

Pages: « 16 7 8 9 10 11 [12] Show All