Gerard Butler is the Machine Gun Preacher

Gerard Butler is the Machine Gun Preacher

Gerard Butler dons slicked back hair, a leather vest and a sleeveless Harley-Davidson Motorcycles tee while shooting his new movie, Machine Gun Preacher, on Monday (July 12) in Detroit, Mich.

The 40-year-old Scottish actor plays Sam Childers, a biker preacher-defender of Sudanese orphans.

In this scene, his character returns home and his daughter is waiting for him with a “Welcome Home Daddy” sign.

10+ pictures inside of Machine Gun Preacher star Gerard Butler

• Cora Keegan shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 12 3 4 [5] 6 7 812 » Show All
redOctober @ 07/12/2010 at 6:08 pm

Thanks @fairy: and
@Manny:

…for all the links.

I’m not sure about Gerry’s look , but I’ve never seen a real USA biker except in movies, so I cannot tell if he looks authentic or not. Just looking forward to a good movie both for reverend Childer’s cause and Gerry’s future as a serious actor.

honestly... @ 07/12/2010 at 6:08 pm

I have to be honest here, and I am SO embarrassed to admit this, but…
I saw these new pictures and…
I think he looks hot! I like the mullet! WTF is wrong with me?? I know in my brain that it is so so wrong but for some reason, I couldn’t help myself.
*hangs head in shame*

@redOctober:
Here is what American bikers look like… in fact Sam Childers is one of them.

redOctober @ 07/12/2010 at 6:29 pm

Indeed Gerry’s got the looks…probably of a younger Sam with more hair.@Manny:

@honestly…:

Honestly….I join you in the land of shame. I can’t believe that I’m finding him very hot like that. My hometown and area has bikers. The real kind, not just weekend riders. I never found them attractive.

But, ya put a hot scot in jeans with a tough attitude and I’m jelly.

This is SO not my MO.

For the record, I also found him hot as Creedy, Marek, One-Two, Mike Chadway, and Milo (go ahead, shoot me.) Even Clyde. And Charles from Jewel of the Sahara.

I’m a lost cause, aren’t I…

@honestly…: I know. I know. There’s just something about him in the getup that brings out my baser instincts. Oh, dear, my imagination is working overtime.

gotta be kidding @ 07/12/2010 at 6:33 pm

i actually like the title of this thread, sort of bad-ass-y. i hope the flick is promo’d as such, like LAC was promo’d featuring G as badass. my fave kind of G!! (tho shamelessly admitting loved TUT)

@Nuts: you’re hopeless (((: can I add Johnnie to that list?

gotta be kidding @ 07/12/2010 at 6:51 pm

i hope he has cool lines similar to “it’s gonna be biblical” the way he looks up and almost whispers……..

ok, getting too xcited and carried away, i will calm down now.

@LauraS:

Johnny…and Marty…

Don’t get me started…that wicked twinkle in G’s eye gets me everytime…

Jeffrey Dean Morgan’s facial features match Sam Childers better than Gerry.
…………………………………………………………………….
Yes, and JDM rides bikes all the time…♥

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/07/12/gerard-butler-machine-gun-preacher/comment-page-4/#comments#ixzz0tVnHvvY1

Simply Hopeful @ 07/12/2010 at 7:02 pm

@Nuts: Beowulf.. Leonidis… sigh!

saw today @ 07/12/2010 at 7:03 pm

Glad to see the mother ship came and posted …they have as much right as anyone to post. No reason to tell them not to come here and post. I think GB looks hot as ___, if you know what I mean. He is playing a part and he is right on as far as the look. This is not a mullet,mullet is completely different…this is the way they were wearing their hair in the 90′s. GB has a lot of hair and hard to tame. I would not want them to thin it to make it look more like Sams. Leave GB’s hair alone. I love it long like this..What a man….Go Butler, Go….

Actually what G is sporting would be considered a half mullet…♥

Simply Hopeful @ 07/12/2010 at 7:08 pm

Tweet – patrauchman There’s a lot of people stalking Gerard Butler over here. Lol

Hmmmm… wondering if the phannie express arrived in town? ;)

@ Nuts. I said it before and I’ll say it again. I’d shimmy up his leg anyday. He is smokin hot.

@gotta be kidding:

God Almighty, are you serious? That was one of the worst lines ever.

If getting ugly wins oscars, then butler better dust off a place on his mantle. He looks horrid. The hair is bad, but the pasty arms in the wife beater are just killing me.

JewelryMaker @ 07/12/2010 at 7:20 pm

I’m not sure this is supposed to be a mullet at all. I think they just tried to make his hair look longer, so they added some to the back. Since it is shorter on top, it looks mullety. ha ha. He still looks great. Of course if he wears the helmet, his hair will go flat on top, no more puffy hair. With it so puffy, it almost looks like a hair helmet. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t be so mean….

I think Gerry looks good. The look fits the movie!

The people who commented on d-list and celebitchy sound like they have absolutely no idea who Sam is and what he looks like and what the film is about. They posted negatively about Gerry’s biker look like he is supposed to look like he is attending Oscar or some dressed up event. Totally idiotic.

cindylou who @ 07/12/2010 at 8:15 pm

now he looks like my mechanic

shadowplay @ 07/12/2010 at 8:16 pm

Just when you thought this guy couldn’t look any skeezier….he always looks sweaty and like he smells bad.

honestly... @ 07/12/2010 at 8:24 pm

@Nuts: @Hmmmmm: Thank gawd I’m not alone. It’s embarrassing but there’s something about that puffed-up mullet that’s getting me going. I need help.
You know, I think that the hair vaguely (and I mean vaguely) reminds me of Dracula. Maybe that’s it?

gotta be kidding @ 07/12/2010 at 8:25 pm

wow a plumber, mechanic, makes me wonder if G shows any butt crack in the movie when he squats down to fix his bike or something. You kno he’s dying to any chance he gets!

Pages: « 12 3 4 [5] 6 7 812 » Show All