Gerard Butler is the Machine Gun Preacher

Gerard Butler is the Machine Gun Preacher

Gerard Butler dons slicked back hair, a leather vest and a sleeveless Harley-Davidson Motorcycles tee while shooting his new movie, Machine Gun Preacher, on Monday (July 12) in Detroit, Mich.

The 40-year-old Scottish actor plays Sam Childers, a biker preacher-defender of Sudanese orphans.

In this scene, his character returns home and his daughter is waiting for him with a “Welcome Home Daddy” sign.

10+ pictures inside of Machine Gun Preacher star Gerard Butler

• Kyra Sedgwick will guest-star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine- Entertainment Weekly
  • DMX loses his mind while riding a roller coaster- Huffington Post
  • Is Kevin Smith still friends with Ben Affleck?- Lainey Gossip
  • Eva Herzigova shows off her body in a one piece bathing suit- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 13 4 5 [6] 7 8 912 » Show All
honestly... @ 07/12/2010 at 8:30 pm

@gotta be kidding: Just the thought of GB’s plumber butt has me laughing! Let’s hope he cracks it out for the DVD extras.

Fritz the Scribe @ 07/12/2010 at 8:47 pm

The chain dangling on his thigh….holy crap!. And I’ve always loved G in leather.
*dirty snicker*
God, I’m a perv.

Dumb Girls @ 07/12/2010 at 8:49 pm

He looks fat and out of shape. I miss the 300 body or even the Jerry Kennedy dork. This flabster is gross and uncalled for. Ew.

I just saw where Jon Hamm (top of the page) answered this question. Now this is the definition of what a man’s man is to me ….nicely stated.

Jon on being a ‘man’s man’ or a ‘ladies man’: “I was raised by a single mother. I think the definition of a man’s man has shifted in recent times to this sort of fratty bro, different from the older version which was aloof and different—Gary Cooper or Cary Grant or James Bond. Now it’s a little vulgar, kind of a lowbrow, adolescent. I’m not that guy. Part of being an adult is treating women like women.”

@ Fritz, Nuts, Honestly, Hmmmm. All you ladies have excellent taste in your choice of this man. He does cause heart palpitations.

Fritz the Scribe @ 07/12/2010 at 9:21 pm

@lolita:
Thank you!
Yes…heart palpitations=powerful sexual attraction. It’s great fun. Just don’t mistake sexual attraction for love. *grin*
BTW…confession to my chummies. I know a lot of you don’t care for POTO. I’m the polar opposite. Phantom is what brought me to G. I love that character. Always will.

He is still sooo hot. it is just a character he is portraying, we have to remember that. he will go back to the Gerry we love soon!

Did I accidentally click on a Billy Ray Cyrus pictorial? I’m confused.

He looks like he’s playing Shia Leboufs dad

I think some people here confuse the characters he portrays with the man himself. They are all different and maybe we find each character attractive in their own right. I’m with Fritz on this one. It was POTO that brought me to take notice of GB. I also fell for Attila and The Stranger. In each of his incarnations we find someone interesting and unique or maybe not depending on the viewer. What ever the reason we all ended up here just for the fun of it. Even the snarky ones. I’m interested to see who he will become after this one is in the can. Glad to see he is taking this job seriously despite the understated hair-do. ;)

cubedweller @ 07/12/2010 at 11:48 pm

I really think he’s got this greezy biker dude look insanely accurate. The hair, the shirt, the skinny but out-of-tone bod – it’s all there. And I couldn’t be happier that he is (finally) disappearing into a role. I’m also glad (thanks, Manny) that they have closed the set. Even tho it’s fun to see the pics, it has to be so difficult to film with the phanniestalkercontingent hooting and catcalling from the sidelines.
His stunt double looks like Tony Vincent, his other SD from Booty Hunter.

hellotheregb @ 07/13/2010 at 12:16 am

yes late 80′s early 90′s he reminds me here of an old boyfriend! he was tall, had an accent from boston and same great hair. I remember he would have a fit if I touched it! haha thanks for the memories Gman!

trying to figure it out @ 07/13/2010 at 12:27 am

@Manny
Canada Goose flying by – Mannikins, what are you thinking? If he plays Liberace that will really fuel the gay rumours.

Long time no see.

I’m with team biker. OMG.

I don’t like bikers. They make too much noise. But, this is a biker I just want to take behind the roadhouse. LOL. Oh, my.

I usually like preppy guys. Like G’s Neal in Shattered. But ……… I’m facing my inner fears right now.

Is there nothing this guy can’t become?

Baby, I’m along for the ride.

hellotheregb @ 07/13/2010 at 12:40 am

how is G going to get neked in this film? you know he won’t just settle for a little bum crack! he likes the whole enchilada! what are your guesses? this is not ment to be dissresp. towards S. childers etc.. just a little fun … you know the Gman must get neked on every pic! He sometimes reminds me of George Castanza who fanciend himself velvet couches and robes! and call he is p0rn name “vandelay”?

trying to figure it out @ 07/13/2010 at 12:41 am

@Fritz the Scribe
And I’ve always loved G in leather.
Conjures up all sorts of X-rated pictures – bad me!

Fritz the Scribe @ 07/13/2010 at 12:43 am

@trying to figure it out:
If he plays Liberace that will really fuel the gay rumours
______________________________________________________
LOL! LOL! LOOOOOOOL!!!!.

Simply Hopeful @ 07/13/2010 at 12:48 am

@hellotheregb: you know he won’t just settle for a little bum crack! he likes the whole enchilada! what are your guesses?
I think it will probably be a nekked scene with Michelle Monaghan

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/07/12/gerard-butler-machine-gun-preacher/comment-page-6/#comments#ixzz0tXD23eQh

A friend told me about this place because she said I’d be so into the new Gerard Butler. I always liked him. But now I just want to jump him. That’s my guy. And you all had better stay away. I’ve been waiting a lifetime. You were right. Thanks, Beth.

@Hello: Don’t spaz. How many people on earth are named Beth? This sure won’t out you. (Just some fun between friends.) I likey GB. And I got a thumbs down? Come on. Party p-oopers.

You got a thumbs down because the old guard here can’t take anyone new and spontaneous. The think they rule JJ.

Talk among yourselves.

I think the pic with the blond woman who’s holding his face is an actual scene in the movie.. If you notice there’s a guy holding a microphone in the pic wearing headphones…

That was a scene being filmed. It’s weird how movies come together. A little bit here, another bit there. How do they make any sense of it? Especially the actors.

A Phannie I’m not! Now give me Attila and I’ll follow that hair anywhere! But I have a question ,,,,,If you don’t like Gerry and you find him disgusting or a sleaze or “Gay” why the hell do you bother coming here? Move on to a celeb you like and slow down your heart rate,,,, Why get all hot and bothered by spewing your vile insults about some one you do not know, and probably will never know! This man that you people like to constantly berate has one of the largest fan bases in the business! As for his American accent….another piece of trivia you probably have no concept of is that a Scottish brogue is the hardest of all to overcome. I agree his American accent is not as good as some others but it seems (and I don’t know why) he picks the movies that call for such. I think he just likes the challenge but what is great is that he doesn’t mind admitting that he struggles with hiding the brogue sometimes… BTW…my husband loved TUT and actually said “I wouldn’t mind having a beer with that guy” too bad Gerry doesn’t drink! BTW…I also have many friends that have been up close and almost personal with Gerry and they tell me he always smells wonderful…clean and not over powering ….I’m hoping someday I find that out for myself!

Pages: « 13 4 5 [6] 7 8 912 » Show All