Gerard Butler is the Machine Gun Preacher

Gerard Butler is the Machine Gun Preacher

Gerard Butler dons slicked back hair, a leather vest and a sleeveless Harley-Davidson Motorcycles tee while shooting his new movie, Machine Gun Preacher, on Monday (July 12) in Detroit, Mich.

The 40-year-old Scottish actor plays Sam Childers, a biker preacher-defender of Sudanese orphans.

In this scene, his character returns home and his daughter is waiting for him with a “Welcome Home Daddy” sign.

10+ pictures inside of Machine Gun Preacher star Gerard Butler

• Joan Rivers' doctor was also Celine Dion's doctor- TMZ
  • Macklemore is the latest victim of a death hoax- Gossip Cop
  • Check out cast portraits for Jane the Virgin - Just Jared Jr
  • Bill Hader will host Saturday Night Live- Entertainment Weekly
  • Ana Braga shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1012 » Show All

People, this is being filmed down the street from me. It’s based on a true story, so yes, he has to dress for the time period this took place. Give him some credit, will ya? Sheesh.

gossiphound @ 07/13/2010 at 2:42 am

@Manny:

Now wait a minute some of those photos from the set reminded me of this 80s icon

gossiphound @ 07/13/2010 at 2:49 am

@cubedweller: Stand in a local guy named Travers, his first name, his girlfriend and brother were all excited and posted on twitter when he got the gig.

gossiphound @ 07/13/2010 at 2:51 am

How come few outlets mentioned that Michelle Monahan and apparently Michael Shannon are also in some of the photos. She looks adorable.

@BEAN:

The person he portrays is American. Sorry to disappoint you. This film is based on a true story of an American.

from the daily mail

To complete the bad boy look, Butler teamed the unflattering hairstyle with a Harley Davidson T-shirt, leathers and bikers boots as he filmed scenes at a Detroit trailer park for his new movie Machine Gun Preacher.
The 40-year-old appeared rather out of shape, with his muscular body having lost much of its definition.
He and Aniston became romantically linked during filming of their comedy last summer and did little to dispel the rumours as they embraced each other on the red carpet throughout their promotional tour.

Mellifera @ 07/13/2010 at 5:21 am

Oh wow. Have to say I did an inner squeal when I saw the first pic. This takes me back to my teen years where I loved me a bit of a bad guy clad in leather

*drools*

Hair report: Grade A++
Leather vest report: Grade A

@Manny: have to agree with ya, I miss the defined arms :-(

@Nuts:
Actually… what would make me go crazy for G is…none of his characters but… him in a kilt… sorry… I lose my mind when I see kilted men, don’t know why… :)
* * *
@frannie:
Go BACK to the motherships… if you didn’t notice, here nearly everybody likes Gerard, we just dropped our pinkcolored glasses a long time ago.
We see him as the MAN and the ACTOR, but we don’t think he’s kind of superman.
*wonders why we have to deal with the same questions all the time*
* * *
@observer:
You’re wrong, newbies are always welcome here.
All of us were newbies one way or another, right? The thumbing down or up doesn’t depend just on the regs, someone can thumb you down without even posting.
@gossiphound:
I hope he gets along with Michelle, she seems adorable to me too and she’s a fine actress.

@Mellifera:
Hi Melly, miss the defined arms too….
I was shocked to see that in one of the first pics from the MGP set, Alan was sporting more defined arms than him…
I wonder if that’s for the role too, maybe Sam isn’t supposed to be all built up!

Mellifera @ 07/13/2010 at 5:46 am

Hey Merlin! Yeah I did see Alan’s arms, they just looked…scary! I guess he doesn’t have GB’s height so he doesn’t look as proportioned or something :-)

I forgot to say before, I agree with CJ, its really only half a mullet, thank god its not down his back or anything (because I think I wouldn’t be so hot for Gerry then, bwahaha!)

Mellifera @ 07/13/2010 at 5:52 am

I just have to say (sorry, off topic), God Bless Sofia Vergara, I have actually found a picture of someone in a bikini with an a.r.s.e that looks exactly like mine. Not perfect, not complelely bump-free, not skinny-hipped…but still gorgeous. I suddenly feel a whole lot better about myself.

Love her in Modern Family too, Gloria is fabulous!

Sorry, now back to Gerry :-)

@Merlin, I’m new here and so far I have been welcomed. I am like the rest of you regulars I like him as an actor and I accept him as a man with flaws like we all have. Having said that, I first saw him in Atilla and thought WOW. I liked POTO and some of his other films. He has it in him to be a good actor and I think he will prove it with this movie.

Tried posting 4 times last night and nothing held.

Test! Test! Test!

gossiphound @ 07/13/2010 at 8:13 am

Wow I just saw this twitter from Detroit News:

Attorney denies John Stamos had fling with Michigan 17-year-old; actor expected to testify http://bit.ly/9rX0EL

Okay, for some reason I can’t post the link to the on location vacations site which has more pics from yesterday AND a short video clip of Gerry talking to fans.

I’ve tried posting it several times and JJ just swallows it.

Merlin…..FOOK OFF!

gossiphound @ 07/13/2010 at 8:40 am

Oh according to Zimbo that is not Gerry’s stand in but his stunt double in those photos which are of course 2 different things. Some confusion there.

gossiphound @ 07/13/2010 at 8:42 am

Nuts use an URL shortener like bit.ly

@frannie:
We see him as the MAN and the ACTOR, but we don’t think he’s kind of superman.
*wonders why we have to deal with the same questions all the time*

That’s not the way I’m reading it! As for Pink colored glasses …the correct phrase is ROSE colored glasses. If you think you can intimidate me you are sadly mistaken…I wrote a comment to you before but I see it wasn’t accepted…hmmmmmmmmm I wonder what it could have said?! Use your imagination if you have one!

Stinkylouise @ 07/13/2010 at 9:03 am

I couldn’t post the direct link either,Nuts. Maybe this will work:

It’s the 3rd link.

Peacesister @ 07/13/2010 at 9:03 am

Hey ladies, relax – please. And regarding his body shape. How the hell did he do it? From Coriolanus form to this? In this short time? A cupcake-fries-mars bar-diet?

gossiphound @ 07/13/2010 at 9:04 am

Sorry cube, the confusion was mine, duh. I believe you are correct, the stunt double is the fellow from Bounty Hunter. His other stunt doubles including the well loved/lusted after Tim in Butlerdom must be busy. This guy does seem a bit shorter though than G.

gossiphound @ 07/13/2010 at 9:06 am

If you use bit.ly your links will not offend if you get my drift.

No dice with my attempts. Now the last try is in moderation.

*takes her blanket and sits in the corner*

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1012 » Show All