Ben Affleck Shirtless -- And Ripped Like Rambo

Ben Affleck Shirtless -- And Ripped Like Rambo

Ben Affleck shows off his shirtless self while doing a pull-up in this new still from his upcoming movie, The Town, which he also directed.

All those hours at the gym do pay off!

Synopsis: As he plans his next job, a longtime thief (Affleck) tries to balance his feelings for a bank manager (Rebecca Hall) connected to one of his earlier heists, as well as the FBI agent (Jon Hamm) looking to bring him and his crew down. The Hurt Locker‘s Jeremy Renner and Gossip Girl‘s Blake Lively co-star. (They shot the movie from last August through November.)

Watch the trailer below for The Town, out Sept. 17. Looks great!

“The Town” Trailer

Christopher Polk/Getty

I dont find him attractive anymore.

However the movie does look good. BUT they showed WAY too much. We saw that he is the one kidnapping her. They gave away the movie already. Oh well.

I cannot wait for this to come out. I love Ben Affleck. Amazing actor, writer, director. He’s a good guy too. Can’t wait for the film!

am i the only one who’s getting bored at police movie? look at the brooklyn finest,etc.. duh..

Yeah hes not nothing

I hate he really boring

shamrock7 @ 07/16/2010 at 2:17 pm

Why has Ben been hiding this chest?? My goodness:) Is this a product of the P90X??

Ben has come a long way over the years with his career. Directing is his strength in my opinion, and I’m so excited to see this film!!

Also, he is so passionate about the Congo and making the world a better place. I’m an AFFLECK fan and will continue to support him.

GOOD LUCK BEN!!

he’s boring and talentless just like damon

he and his wife should just take pictures with their girls and call it a day!

looks like a great movie! to the ppl talking trash..get a life and get laid already..u think putting people down that u don’t even know is a good look?

@maria: lmao talentless damon what world are u from? get out of the house and go make some friends then u might stop being a bitter loser

Prince Albert in a Can @ 07/16/2010 at 3:38 pm

2 words why Ben Affleck became a director, casting couch

you guys are judging ben affleck and not the movie/ the trailer !!!!

snooooooze @ 07/16/2010 at 4:15 pm

he’s vanilla…..one of those people you can’t figure out how they got where they got

CanadaGirl @ 07/16/2010 at 4:31 pm

I’ve finally gotten to the place where I can watch a movie with him in it and NOT think about that Bennifer nonsense. The same can not be said for ‘Jenny from the Block,’ however. Now that woman should throw in the towel on her career – it has EXpired.

THANKS FOR BEN BACK @ 07/16/2010 at 4:53 pm

CANADA GIRL WHY RUIN A GOOD THING BY PUTTING IN JLO
He has gone on to do better things than 2002 ..yeah dear 8 years
ago is what you are talking about..!!! Not today.. where Ben has been
nominated for a GOLDEN GLOBE FOR HOLLYWOODLAND.. AND
HIS MOVIE GONE BABY GONE HAD HIS BROTHER BE NOMINATED
FOR GOLDEN GLOBE SAG AND OSCAR …BEN WROTE AND DIRECTED HIS BROTHER IN THAT MOVIE.. SO STOP TALKING ABOUT THE CASTING COUCH.. WHAT HE SPENT TIME WITH BOTH
REBECCA AND BLAKE THEY BOTH SAID THAT HE WAS A GENTLEMAN AND TREATED THEM WITH RESPECT..

Movie looks good. I will definitely check it out.

THis is a sweet picture. I can name every muscle in the “v” pointing to you-know-what!! Ya know—-he is getting into that age of absolute manhood–late 30′s early 40′s….. I have waited a LONG time for him to get his baby face-body off and gain some of that RAMBO/ DANIEL-CRAIG-casino-royale-speedo-look!!! Now maybe I can watch some of his adult movies. well, does he do those? I meant “grown up” movies with him looking yummy. Anyway–congratulations Ben!!!!! and congratulaions us!!!

CanadaGirl @ 07/16/2010 at 5:19 pm

@THANKS FOR BEN BACK: Freak. Oh sorry… FREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I THOUGHT I’D WRITE LIKE YOU DO SO YOU CAN SEE IT YOU BIG F.UCKING LOSER.

Looks awesome ! I’m there
He even made an homage to skeletor ..sweet

The problem with Affleck’s latest movies is that it ony appeals to a very small segment of the population. Yeah, we get that he’s still hot and all, but that’s not enough…Good Will Hunting was such a hit with such a creative story. I don’t understand why he’s veering off into the “cops and roobers” territory. I guess it will appeal to the Rambo and Diehard fan base. :/

That man is gorgeous! He married the most perfect looking talented woman there is and that is why they are so successful and produce such beautiful babies. NO ONE HAD A CHANCE WITH BEN EXCEPT MS. GARNER, THE WORLD’S MOST BEAUTIFUL UPGRADE!!!!!!!!

Ben is the next Clint Eastwood…writer, actor, director. Ben will have a long illustrious career and so will his wife.

@#1 Fan:

You reek of self importance! Garner with her inflated lips and ego! Yuck! She either looks like she’s on a scavenger hunt or desperately seeking Ben. Take your pick!! :/

JLo is 10 times hotter and prettier! Ben knows it! Buy some glasses!

JLO THE PIG @ 07/16/2010 at 6:44 pm

JLo is trash and has always been trash. Ben dated her for a short time hoping some of his class would rub off on her but it was a hopeless cause.
Jennifer Garner is a natural beauty! She is educated, has class and talent. She never used men to make it in show business the way that flat faced **** JLO butt did.
JLO has whitened her ugly skin, had numerous nose jobs, straightened and dyed her hair blond all in an effort to be like Jennifer Garner. But JLO is a major fail and a LOSER at life.
Her twins are ugly, her husband is a 100 pound Heroin addict without a career and JLO can only make money by putting her name to every crappy trinket she can find.
Jlo still cries about Ben in the magazines, about how much she still loves him and wants to be with him. Meanwhile, Ben rolls his eyes and declares that she was the worst piece of trash that blew into his life! She nearly killed his career!!!

JENNIFER LOPEZ HAS HAD NUMEROUS COSMETIC SURGERIES TO THIS DATE AND SHE STILL DOESN’T LOOK AS BEAUTIFUL AS THE JENNIFER WHO WON BEN!

Red Socks @ 07/16/2010 at 6:54 pm

People need to get over it because Ben had no intentions of Marrying J-LO. J-Lo ended up with her king and Ben with his move on Ben has.

Red Socks @ 07/16/2010 at 6:55 pm

I meant to say that J-LO ended up with her kind and Ben with his, I’m sure who know what I meant.

BEN & JENNIFER GARNER WERE THE TRUE BENNIFER.

Yeah, but Jlo had to settle for while Ms. Garner settled with.

should be in dinner theater @ 07/16/2010 at 7:18 pm

Ben made a deal with the devil ’cause there’s no other explanation for his success.

I can’t wait to see this movie. It looks intense

Bennn Affleck @ 07/16/2010 at 8:49 pm

Yummmm!

was that Titus Welliver I caught a glimpse of in the trailer? There’s the real hunk of the movie!

geez he is hot ;) how can people not love him crazy! 37 years old and has a great body

Your so vain, you think this movie is about you, don’t you! don’t you! your so vain Ben Affleck. He should have left the shirtless muscles scene out of the trailer because it makes him look egotistical.

OMG this looks outstanding! Strong acting and stylish directing. Good on you, Ben! I will be seeing it.

Harriette potter @ 07/16/2010 at 11:30 pm

Gack. I don’t like Affleck or Ham so I’m not seeing the movie. Affleck lost his looks as he matured.

Woah! I’ve never seen Ben this ripped! Nice!

Times a tickin @ 07/16/2010 at 11:57 pm

He looks good. I didn’t realize what he looked like without a shirt.

@Slig:

How dumb are you. A double negative is a positive.

I saw this movie and it was BORING. A tree shows more emotions than Ben Affleck. The dark haired chick was even WORSE than him.

This seems to be where Affleck shines…The Boston Boy…doing a movie about Charlestown…reminiscant of GWH.

Go Ben!

It's not expetional @ 07/17/2010 at 4:08 am

What are you talking about ? Poster 18
Casey affleck wasn’t nominees for Gone Baby Gone to oscars and golden globes .
But, he was nominees to The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

For my part, the trailers isn’t exeptional .

Ben is great and he cast Rebecca Hal very well – lots of chemistry with her!!! Maybe his 2nd wife in the future? He needs to dump that wife of his…she uses him too much and needs him but he doesn’t need her.

I think the movie looks really good!
It’s got some great actors in.
Jeremy Renner is amazing :)
Kudos to Ben Affleck for directing something that looks exciting &gritty!

wow. the trailer gave me chills.
So watching this.

Wow! Rebeca Hall is getting the roles! I think it starts at, “Vicky, Christine, Barcelona”. Glad to see her succeeding; and I predict big things for her.

I look forward to all of Ben’s movies, EXCEPT
the movie that he did about Superman.

I could not bare to see. You have to understand
how the baby boomers felt about Superman,
the man of steel. We thought that he was real,
for the longest time, and then we had to find out
that wrestling was fake…and then,
we found out that Madonna liked girls!!! and sang off key,
sometimes, and that Michael Jackson was….different!!!

I will happily go and see Ben Afflecks movie, it looks
like it is going to be very good.

That picture of Ben is scary, not attractive at all.

burnt butterfly @ 07/17/2010 at 12:40 pm

@VB:

him being the robber is not the major plot twist, but i’m not going to say anything more, cos i don’t want to gie it away

He looks goooood.I am not sure about the tralier.

RIPPEDDDDDDD!

BEN'S DARK FILM... @ 07/17/2010 at 5:20 pm

WELL YOU WILL BE HAPPY TO KNOW THAT THIS IS HIS LAST FILM FOR A YEAR.. SOO BE HAPPY..!!! I read the book and saw how
Jon’s character goes after him…And how Rebecca’s character stays
with him until the end of the movie… As for all the Jlo crap..why not
talk about Tom Cruise and his wife Nicole Kidman they did Days
of Thunder and than another movie called Far and Away that BOMBED
TOO JUST LIKE JLO AND BEN..!!! SO

Run BEN RUN! Hey all you GARNER KOOL-AID drinking fans! Reports are saying that Ben did cheat on her/has been cheating. Seems like Jen is the type to look the other way though. She cannot afford to lose Ben. Too bad. Too bad that guys don’t just divorce before playing around ala Tiger. http://melvinknows.com/world-exclusive-ben-affleck-has-cheated-on-jennifer-garner

BEN'S DARK FILM... @ 07/17/2010 at 8:10 pm

IT IS NOT HIM IT IS HIS STUNT DOUBLE TOM MCCOMAS HIS BODY
DOUBLE ….!!! GET IT NOW …THEY LOOK LIKE IDENTICAL TWIN
BROTHERS..

mya murder @ 07/17/2010 at 9:10 pm

I agree with VB. They showed way too much in the trailer.

mya murder @ 07/17/2010 at 9:12 pm

I agree with you. Looks like there is no point in watching the movie now. I feel like I already know what is going to happen

Cool, it’s great to Affleck in front of the camera again. He’s just fun to watch and he’s got his Armageddon abs! Seriously he is talented. It looks like an interesting story with a good cast Chris Cooper, Rebecca Hall, Jeremy Renner it looks a bit Departed + Pride and Glory. This looks good.

BUTTERFACE @ 07/18/2010 at 12:33 am

He is SO ugly.

Not px90- read the six pack diet plan, by Rehan Jalali ( check amazon). That’s his nutritionist and gunnar Peterson trains him…

@Rt:

Thanks!! The P90X is all the rage right now amongst people who want a diet plan, and training without paying large fees for the outcome:)

Whatever Ben did, it WORKED!!! Can’t wait to see his upcoming film/project!! He is a WINNER in my book:)

ciao*

This looks freaking awesome. Finally another Ben movie :D SWEET. Interested to whether or not Blake Lively will be any good in it.

However, I do agree that they could have not given away integral plot lines within the trailer. That was a bit silly. What’s with all trailers doing that these days? It leaves nothing to be questioned. Unless there’s some other epic plot twist coming… but I doubt it. Still really wanna see it though.

@VB:

Really? I think he becomes more handsome the older he gets. There is something about him that has always seemed supremely masculine and honorable. Both he and Matt Damon come across that way to me. Both of them seem to be the kind of men any father would want married to his child. The opposite of Mel Gibson.

looks good…..

looks like´╗┐ hollywood gave away the storyline…