Why Were Ellen Page's Hands Yellow on Leno?

Why Were Ellen Page's Hands Yellow on Leno?

Last night, Ellen Page was as adorable as ever on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

The 23-year-old Canadian actress talked about her home province of Nova Scotia, her new movie Inception, and composting. Yes, she peed in buckets and collected her own urine for composting!

During the interview, eagle eye viewers noticed that Ellen‘s hands were yellow. Her reps aren’t available for comment but any guesses? Too many carrots?

FYI: Ellen is wearing an All for the Mountain Rock Snake Pinky ring.

Click inside to watch Ellen‘s interview on Leno

• Erin Andrews talks about nasty Dancing with the Stars rehearsals- US Weekly
  • Nicki Minaj's dancer gets bit by snake at MTV VMAs rehearsal- TMZ
  • Check out a still from Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn- Just Jared Jr
  • NBC decides to nix Emerald City- Entertainment Weekly
  • Tara Reid turns heads in a pink ensemble- Huffington Post
  • What is Josh Brolin up to these days?- Lainey Gossip
  • Steve Martin is in talks to star in Magic Camp- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Bianca Gascoigne shows off her curves in a bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Jaundice?

Probably had something to do with the urine!

Some things you don’t want to know…..

I saw this looked it up and read it could be many things. Don’t want to spread rumors so I wont post what I read. But I have seen many friends with orange hands from over eating carrots. This is true. But they do not turn yellow.

If you eat a lot of food rich in beta carotene (the precursor to Vitamin A) you often find yellowing in the palms and soles.

via – http://bit.ly/czaTVA

hahaha that happened to me! and it was for eating too many carrots!

Buttercups @ 07/16/2010 at 10:29 pm

She’s a talented young actress, why is she on JJ?

that happens to a lot of people who go vegetarian/vegan and aren’t getting the right amount of vitamins they’re missing from eating meat.

Times a tickin @ 07/16/2010 at 11:01 pm

She’s very pretty. I like her acting too.

I’m suprised no one knows. They put on self tanning lotion on, especially on the legs when they go on tv. She obviously didn’t wash herhands. They turn slightly yellow

who really cares why her hands are that colour anyway? I think she a brilliant actress! :D

She had just finished a painting with a lot of yellow in it.

Why do you care?

I would guess self tanner. if she were eating too many carrots, it wouldn’t be just her hands that would be yellowish.

There could be numerous reasons why her hands are yellow.

MustNotLaugh @ 07/17/2010 at 12:01 am

She probably just finished jerking off an Asian guy backstage.

It might be from those gradual self-tanning lotions. Sometimes, they leave a yellow-tannish color on your hands.

Or she touched an Asian.

real question is why was she on leno?

Perhaps she ran out of toilet paper?

MissAnthropica @ 07/17/2010 at 2:11 am

Ellen is awesome so clever and talented and sadly rare in hollywood these days amongst women her age.
. Go Ellen.!!!!!!
As far as the yellow hands I dont think she self tans shes fairly pale but you know what who cares if her hands were yellow the world wont end I promise you lol

Jared where leo dicaprio?

Perhaps Ellen is just so funny that she wanted to see a bunch of idiots guess themselves to death about what was up the yellow hands on JJ.

MaconGuy2009 @ 07/17/2010 at 2:46 am

My answer would be from self tanning lotion. It happened to my sister a few years back. If you read the label, they tell you to wear gloves to apply it. if you don’t, it will stain the inside of your of your palms the yellowish orange color that appeared to be on Ellen’s hands. My sister’s hands looked exactly like that. She tried anything and everything to get it off. It just has to wear off. Perhaps, if she’s desperate to get rid of it, there was another very popular pop star who found ways to remove unwanted pigment from their skin…..

MaconGuy2009 @ 07/17/2010 at 2:47 am

My answer would be from self tanning lotion. It happened to my sister a few years back. If you read the label, they tell you to wear gloves when you apply it. if you don’t, it will stain the inside of your of your palms the yellowish orange color that appeared to be on Ellen’s hands. My sister’s hands looked exactly like that. She tried anything and everything to get it off. It just has to wear off. It took hers about 3 weeks to wear off because the skin on the palms of your hand tend to be ticker than the skin on the rest of your body. Perhaps, if she’s desperate to get rid of it, there was another very popular pop star who found ways to remove unwanted pigment from their skin…..

Not to go all insane here but I noticed she’s very skinny and as a psychologist I know skin can turn yellow from carotine, produced by people with eating disorders.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All