Gerard Butler: Rebel with a Cause

Gerard Butler: Rebel with a Cause

Gerard Butler walks and talks on his cell phone while out and about on Sunday afternoon (July 18) in Detroit, Mich.

The 40-year-old Scottish stud was taking a quick break from shooting his latest movie, Machine Gun Preacher. (He plays a former gang biker and drug dealer who becomes a member of the Assembly of God church.)

Gerry wore a Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup Champions hat as well as a t-shirt with the word “REBEL” emblazoned on the front of it paired with PRPS Barracuda Jeans.

gerard butler rebel 01

• Check out a new clip of Ashley Tisdale in Young & Hungry- Just Jared Jr
  • Stevie Nicks is going to be an adviser on The Voice- Huffington Post
  • Andrea Calle shows off her assets at the beach- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1021 » Show All
Just looking @ 07/19/2010 at 4:15 pm

@redOctober:
ErinLCummings lokks a little like Laurie – she is definitly his type.

@Julie:
Muslim Miss USA will not sleep with him before marriage nor would she be able to marry him if he doesn’t convert to Islam. She’ll be ostracized or killed by the fanatics.

hellotheregb @ 07/19/2010 at 4:16 pm

@Florida Gal: I am not interested in tearing you apart. I it is nice that someone seems to have some insight to how Gman is personally. I have seen many bloggers post the same info but as you did did not provide the direct information that you have drawn your conclusions from. I really would like to know the things you mentioned you have read and heard that are facts about what a nice person he is, we do have people post about their chance encounters who share that he was very nice and down to earth kinda of guy. But again that is it, what can you share that would be new information shedding light on his person.

I also am not totally convinced that the negative pics/womanizing/famewhoring is all the media fault. This guy loves the limelight and has shown to be able to be seen or not seen when he wants. Am I wrong about this?

@Nuts: agreed the Cootie hunter extras are even more lame!!

@Sweet pea: yes it’s Laurie

@gossiphound: Now there’s a movie I will avoid like the plague. I can’t stand Miley Cyrus and her big mouth. Her speaking voice is like fingernails on a chalk board to me.

I was disappointed with the DVD extras. Not even a director’s commentary version of the movie. I always look forward to hearing a behind the scenes commentary about films. However, I just read the DVD sales predictions for the week and it’s expected to be #1.

Just looking @ 07/19/2010 at 4:33 pm

@XOXOXO:
if you think he is an idiot why do you bother following him. Besides, that’s your opinion. he can live his life any way he wants without you or anyone else telling him how he should behave. As far as I know, it’s a free country and he’s not breaking any laws. Why don’t you mind your own business?
@XOXOXO:
What are you a mind reader? Do you know what they are trying to prevent or not? What he did in Coriolanus didn’t hurt his image one bit; if anything it kept him in the tabloids. Again, he is not breaking any laws and he has a right to live his life his way. You are way too cynical.

redOctober @ 07/19/2010 at 4:43 pm

@hellotheregb: ….facts about what a nice person he is…

Absolutely agree with you. I’d love to know for certain that G is the nice man many of his fans claim him to be. But so far I have no way to know it with certainty. Not reading or listening to his interviews or what other actors/directors/crew members tell about him. Perhaps his close family /friends know how the real Gerry is, and even them could be surprised by the man himself one day. He’s kind with his fans? yes. But like anybody else he can pretend and wear a polite mask in social events. He’s an actor, and a good one when he choses to…We’d never know when he’s acting or being his real self.

hellotheregb @ 07/19/2010 at 4:43 pm

@busybee: I agree with you, we can be wack. I just don’t know why I must know who celebraties are bang’in. I can’t help it! just love to hear it!

@XOXOXO: My question exactly! I hear that she and AShton are on the outs. And someone posted a while ago that Gman and she were seen together at some party. Maybe in Cannes. I asked the person to expound etc. and no one picked up on the comment. I was curious to see that again in a twitter. but again no one here picked up on theat.

Just looking @ 07/19/2010 at 4:47 pm

@Huh?:
“I didn’t see that he was acting like an idiot. He was just having a good time. And, to set the record straight. He’s 40. That’s hardly an age to dry up and not have a good time. There were not any babies in the crowd at the bar. Everyone looked to be adults. In my town we have summer concerts and even people in their 70s show to sing along with the bands and dance. Some of the older ones are better dancers than the youn”
ITAWY. he is not acting like an idiot singing Karaoke in a bar even though it’s not my cup of tea. Let the guy have a good time without others second-guessing everything he does and interpreting it as something deviant. He is just living his life for goodness sakes

@redOctober:

Look with the exception of the Australian assistant who said that he was a nightmare to work for, everyone says that he is an amazing and lovely person.

@hellotheregb: And, remember Gerard and she were on the Haiti trek at the same time.

@Just looking: Yes, your absolutely right, he IS nothing but a tabloid joke.

@hellotheregb: Wow, I didn’t see that coming. I guess time will tell if there’s anything to it.

redOctober @ 07/19/2010 at 5:00 pm

@Sukar:

We cannot be sure if what that woman told was true either.

hellotheregb @ 07/19/2010 at 5:54 pm

@a fan: yes, I just remembered that. But the comment was unusual not related to Haiti, Maybe around the Lindasy pool thread the comment was made and or an article was published. hey just know i am not starting anything just commenting on what I have read, which we all know is bs. Hey girls who love Laurie and G together, Demi has also been in Detroit! Ok she is still married and personally I love she and AShton together. I think they have been a fun celeb. couple. One of my favs. So I hope all is well in their household.

His father’s name is Edward Butler and his family originates from Ireland.. any chances Gerard James Butler is a descendant of the Butler dynasty from Ireland?

There’s also a James Butler in that dynasty and many Edward Butlers….

I know a little random.. I’m just wondering..

hellotheregb @ 07/19/2010 at 6:08 pm

I think Gman looks good in these pics. He was getting to skinny and he looks great at this weight. I must say his arms look great. I must have been temporarily blind earlier.

My bet would be that G and Demi are just two friends, both working in the same city and met up for a little time out together.

I’ll have to read up on the Butler dynasty. I would imagine most of the Butlers in Ireland can trace their family history back to the same family tree hundreds of years ago.

@Old Mia:

I would imagine that somewhere in this Butler genealogical tree dating back to the 14th century, you can find Gerry Butler’s distant ancestors…

@Kenia: The House of Butler. Sounds like a movie title.

I love history, especially Celtic, English history. I’ve got to get back to work now, but when I get home tonight I’m going to read these names and see if I can find out anything more about them. Thanks for posting.

@Old Mia:

You should also then check out this link:

gossiphound @ 07/19/2010 at 6:48 pm

@Just looking:
Ms. Cummings is lovely.
Not sure I would say she looks like LC, except the tall thin brunette part.

Guess you missed the photo or photos of the current Miss USA working a stripper pole on a stage somewhere which naturally came out the day after she won. Not such a good girl. Can’t remember what the rationale was for that photo.

Just looking @ 07/19/2010 at 6:52 pm

@gossiphound:
yes, she is lovely, much prettier than Laurie
what picture of Ms Muslim Ms America on stripper pole, do you have a picture?

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1021 » Show All