Battleship: Rihanna's Acting Debut!

Battleship: Rihanna's Acting Debut!

Rihanna has signed up to play the female lead in the upcoming action-adventure Battleship, in theaters May 2012.

The 22-year-old Barbadian singer will star alongside on-screen brothers Taylor Kitsch (Friday Night Lights) and Alexander Skarsgard (True Blood).

The flick, which will be helmed by actor/director Peter Berg, is based on the adaptation of Hasbro’s naval combat board game.

Alex will play a straight and narrow naval officer while Taylor will be the wildly spirited naval officer who idolizes his brother. Battleship is to begin shooting on Aug. 30 in Hawaii.

Soooooooooo exciting!!!

Valerie Macon/Getty

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 » Show All

Hey rihanna dirty and nasty

Everything_bUtt_The_Girl @ 07/27/2010 at 2:44 am

God bless her soul! I hope she has acting classes under her belt, and not getting a role for selling ‘some’ albums

rihanna bald woman and smll not good

@Zey:
i so agree with u .. little acting she did in her videos … its going to have a lot of turn out because people want to see if she can act… will never get my money!

mona from Nigeria @ 07/27/2010 at 3:08 am

Anoda credit to Riri.

Brightside @ 07/27/2010 at 3:14 am

I always remember Battleship as being a boring board game and I don’t see how it can be any more exciting as a film. The plot sounds old, too…rehashed corn. I’m getting so fed up of these ********-in-a-cup creativity films. HW just w-nking on an audience and hoping we’ll pay them for the privilege of being w-nked all over! I don’t care who this has in it, the entire concept sounds dire!

jeez, that casting is an epic fail.. this movie is going to be bad, like airbender bad!

I see She nu*e tooo black **** like a beetle

I think everyone is missing the fact they are making a film about a “Board” Game whats next Hungry Hippo’s.Surely the plot wont require her to do much acting.

Please Alex and Taylor – I really like you both as actors – please pull out now! – you are only as good as your last movie – do you really want to be remembered for this?

She might not be a bad actress many singers have crossed over and were even better at acting Example Queen Latifah when she first started to act people said all sorts of things about her but in time she showed what she could do. Maybe so will Rihanna.
As far as this film they lost when they cast Tom Arnold…
oh hell no that man is like nails on a chalk board.
I mean I know it is only a movie based on a board game
but hey Transformers is a movie based on toys and cartoons so you know they can do better than this.

Interesting timing to annouce the casting of her as well ,,, considering that her infamous ex Chris Brown’s debut really as an actor is set to premiere in LA August 4th than Atlanta later and so on and so forth. His part is fairly small in Takers but it was suppose to the film that launched him as an action star…. well fat chance of that happening since that infamous day he messed up … if you know what I mean ;p
Personally I am just going to ignore him when I see Takers and just focus on Idris, T.I, and Hayden.

In a way its like she is sticking it back to him by this move saying basically “Hey !!! I will steal your thunder and I am going to be the actor now!! ”
Because he really really wanted to make the crossover into actor and now she is going to instead… even if the Battleship film bombs (which it will ) she will most likely get cast in films while he most likely will not.

YEAH !!!!! love you riri !

I wonder how big her role is? I can’t really imagine her as a romantic interest for either Taylor or Alex.

meeeeeeeeeeeee @ 07/27/2010 at 4:48 am

@Blahzae:

Please move on and stop attempting to analyze what rihanna may or may not be thinking when accepting this role.

Iffy Miffy @ 07/27/2010 at 5:11 am

Now this is going to bomb big time … was not thrilled with it from the beginning, but Rhianna?! I mean, really?! Seriously?!

oh. and i actually thought alex had a chance of making a serious acting career. silly me.

I think by choosing Rihanna they wanted to raise the fame of the movie and make it appear as a great production, and bring more people into the theaters…as she seems to be one people actually talk about (i don’t know why either)..
But if it’s really that it means that the other cast members weren’t enough bankable…

CHRIS BROW @ 07/27/2010 at 6:26 am

Hopefully Chris Brown won’t pop up on set of this movie. Between Alex Skarsgard playing a rapist 3 times in his films and Chris Brown being a woman beater poor Rihanna will have to be on the look out!!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 » Show All