Rise of the James Franco and Freida Pinto

Rise of the James Franco and Freida Pinto

James Franco holds hands with co-star Freida Pinto as they shoot scenes their new movie, Rise of the Apes, in Vancouver, Canada on Tuesday (July 27).

The flick is the upcoming Planet of the Apes prequel, set for a June 24, 2011 release.

Freida, 25, will play the role of Caroline, a primatologist. James, 32, will play a driven scientist who becomes a crucial figure in the war between humans and apes.

UPDATE: Apologies, images removed!

Credit: PNP/Nikki Nelson; Photos: WENN
Posted to: Freida Pinto, James Franco

Charley Gallay/Getty

James Franco is 32, not 27.

second @Wow: ‘s comment.

THEY ARE BOTH HOT!

Namasty ,kissehe james franco ham tomhariy byaar kartehe

27 or 32 James is yummy!

Freida pinto looks more like latina than indian.In this film also she is playing the role of mexican

I predict the movie will bomb

I agree with u.pinto is way too hot to be indian.she does look like latin girl.

Why not also africa with rihanna both ugly

Aamir khan @ 07/28/2010 at 11:43 am

Freida pinto won’t be considered as beautiful in india.Here in india people like only fair skin girls.Actually many here hate her as she is attractive in america despite being dark

She hahahahahahahahahaha go go go

I hate farida she not beautiful just like halle berry africa

Adrina, I think latina and indian women are pretty beautiful, and look similar (I’m latina myself :P).

I adore James Franco, such a nice actor, not a fame *****.

All Indian womn crap more more make up and blasty sugere

@Aamir khan @ 07/28/2010 at 11:50 am

Yes its really sad to see pinto getting bashed by these racist indians just because of her skin color.But luckily for girls like freida and lakshmi menon they don’t need to be in a backward country like india to be successful.

#Aamir khan @ 07/28/2010 at 11:53 am

Who cares what Indian people think! They are just jealous couse with only one movie Freida became more famous and more successful than any other Bollywood star! Nobody outside of India knows and cares about Aishwarya,Kareena,Bepasha and other fake Bollywood actresses, while everybody know who is Freida and everybody think she is beautiful! So they should all be jealous and envious because Freida is in higher league now!!!!!!!

Nooo diffrent latin best.india ugly

Aashish gupta @ 07/28/2010 at 12:12 pm

Being of an indian background i also have to agree with aamir khan’s comments.Its appaling to see how brown community attack her.Seriously i will never wish even my enemy to go through this kind of racist hatred like freida

This movie has a great cast: Freida, Tom Felton, James Franco, etc. I just hope it’s good!

Actually its fantastic that an Indian (and a very Indian looking girl, not a fake-ish doll like Bollywood actresses are nowadays) actress is in this film.

Really big shame that she is playing a Mexican and not an Indian girl. About time more actors/actresses from South Asia got higher billing.

Isnt’ that Andy Serkis in the CGI-inspired ape suit?

Yeah…I WISH he was 27! But sadly he’s 32…still Banging’ either way.

@@Adrina:
whoa, racist much

I n F a m o u s l y C o o l @ 07/28/2010 at 1:42 pm

how many times can they retell the same ape stories over and over. damn, what’s this.. planet of the apes number fcuking 20?!?
..they should have made.. Planet Of The Apes: Save Mark Wahlberg’s Ass From That Other Dimension!

they don’t think she is pretty in India because she has darker skin? wow, that’s pretty sad. Well I doubt she cares, she is a pretty girl and is doing great.

James Franco is looking good and I have a new whole level of appreciation for him after I read that new york times article on him, and how he is in 4 graduate programs, he must never sleep.

Oppsie…James Franco is 32 not 27. And, to those spouting nonsense comments, Latin America does not have the exclusive right to be beautiful. The people from India are beautiful as well. I especially love their deep-set eyes and their high cheek bones.

Freida Pinto is gorgeous! Who cares if she has darker skin. There’s beautiful women in every color.

I’ll see this movie just for her.

Corrie Street @ 07/28/2010 at 7:19 pm

Frieda looks as though she has succumb to the necessary habit of bleaching her skin which is mandatory in India. Bollywood only wants actresses and actors who look more Persian and Afghani. If you look like a normal Indian woman like Mindy Kaling from The Office, you will never make a movie in India. The country is filled with self-haters even the Buddah disparaged of them.

HEY ALL U HATERS CALLING INDIANS UGLY INCLUDING SLIG! U ARE PATHTETIC INDIANS ARE JUST AS BEAUTIFUL AS ANY OTHER RACE! THEY MAY BE EVEN MORE SO AS BEST OF EAST AND WEST FEATURES! FOR ALL U RACIAL HATERS U SHUD BEEP OFF! FRIEDA IS STUNNING

British Latin American @ 07/29/2010 at 10:17 am

Freida isn’t really all that dark. There are Indian women a lot darker than she is. Sad that such prejudice exists.

. the world isn’t ending until i have sex with this man .

holyshithesgorgeous