Jessica Simpson: 'American Idol' Bound?

Jessica Simpson: 'American Idol' Bound?

Jessica Simpson is reportedly in negotiations to join the cast of American Idol!

The 30-year-old entertainer has met with producer/creator Simon Fuller several times, a source tells Life & Style. “They like her — she’s a good fit — and she likes it. Now it’s just a question of how to fit her in.”

Idol is reportedly shaking things up for its tenth season after Simon Cowell‘s departure.

“[Jessica]’s not his replacement — they’re two entirely different personalities,” the source added. “This is part of a massive overhaul of the show. There may be more judges, more opinions.”

FYI: Justin Timberlake and Elton John were rumored to be in talks in the show, too, but both of their reps have denied involvement.

LOL at Life & Style being the source.

Wow. She really does need to loose a few lbs!

xo
Rants, Thoughts & Merde

talentless

Wow, American Idol officially jumped the shark if this is true. Glad I know longer tune in and having Jessica would not get me back as a viewer.

American Idol *is* going downhill I guess. I won’t be watching if she is at the judge table for sure.

AI is going downhill…..Just glad Adam Lambert was discovered!!! Won’t watch AI anymore!!

@Amanda: We said the same first sentence!! I didn’t even copy you!! LOL!!

i dun simon can be replaced by anyone and she wont let me wanna watch AI

Jessica Simpson?! Ummm noo

She like huge body but too short

What is it with Jessica S, she is not really chubby but somehow always looks really chubby? She always l manages to look chubby yet she’s not. Hillary Duff has the same problem. Maybe it’s the bad choice of clothes or maybe because they are short. I don’t get it. Both are pretty girls, but always come off as chubby for some reason.

@mary: i always forget he was from that show

who cares these days

In The Know @ 07/28/2010 at 11:58 am

DOUBT IT…………………Everyone inside the music industry views her as a laughingstock. This had to be put out by Joe Simpson.

Fuller knows this and wouldn’t touch her with a ten foot pole.

@carol: It’s their boobs, cover their chest and their frame looks totally different. Jessica’s are real, Hilary got a boob job last(?) year.

I think she would be great for Idol. I would defintely watch. She’s cute.

Really, who cares anymore? Just let the show die in peace instead of forcing life into it (not that Jessica Simpson would have done that lol)

She has tried every career under the sun – (bad) pop singer, (bad) country singer, (bad) reality tv show star, ….now judge for American Idol? She’s really desperate to stay famous!

Connie in Des Moines @ 07/28/2010 at 12:26 pm

Jessica judging talent??Only thing funnier would be Britney Spears judging a singing contest.LOL!

I think she will be a judge for the new show Simon is producing and judging. And to be honest, I think she will be a good judge for that new show. For AI, I don’t think she is a good replacement for Simon.

Brightside @ 07/28/2010 at 1:32 pm

I don’t think she looks chubby…hefty is the word I would use! She’s a hefty girl!

Why not?? I think Jessica would awesome, can you imagine the hilarious stuff she will say. If nothing else she will make make things amusing. I for one hope she is a judge on AI.

Well, that’s the final nail in the coffin for AI. Who in their right mind would hire Jessica Simpson? I love Ellen Degeneres and her talk show, but even someone as talented as Ellen was not exactly the right fit for AI, so can you imagine how awful Ms. Simpson would be? Lights out for AI.

lexy hates bilson @ 07/28/2010 at 2:49 pm

I don’t believe it. Sounds like something Papa Joe threw out to the media to keep the buzz going about Simpleton…perhaps to give us something to talk about other than the saintly Christian dating a married man.

april fools. american idol going down fast. help we need simon come beck please.

She can’t sing or write music. She has no stage presence and moves awkwardly. Is not known for thinking on her feet or being able to make a clear point. Horrible taste in clothes and costumes. She is really nice though, so if they just want some one to blow smoke up the contestant’s butts she’s their girl.

OMG I’ve been a fan of American Idol for a while…I WILL NOT WATCH THIS SHOW IF JS IS THE JUDGE.

Carol from Texas @ 07/28/2010 at 9:40 pm

Noooooooooooooo! With all the talent in the world isn’t there a better pick?????

just imagine how it will be if somebody without a trace of talent like JS would judge your talent? oh no…

Oh the horror.

I thank Jesus for her every night!

Take everyone that has ever appeared on AI and put them together and they don’t have as much talent as one of Elton John’s fingernail clippings!!!

lovejesss @ 08/04/2010 at 2:43 pm

she is funny and beautiful, would do great on that show