Jennifer Lopez & Steven Tyler: American Idol Judges!

Jennifer Lopez & Steven Tyler: American Idol Judges!

Jennifer Lopez has officially landed a spot on American Idol according to GossipCop. The 41-year-old singer/actress is hoping to make a comeback after parting with Sony Records and less than stellar results at the box office.

Additionally, Steven Tyler has reportedly been offered a spot on the judging panel as well.

Kara DioGuardi, a judge for the last two seasons, has reportedly been let go according to TMZ.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of an American Idol judging panel of Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson – YAY or NAY?

• Chris Brown and Drake are collaborating on a track together- TMZ
  • Cory Monteith's dad opens up on his death after one year- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Mitchell has signed on to star in Members Only- Just Jared Jr
  • When will Blake Lively go live with her new lifestyle website?- Lainey Gossip
  • Mariel Booth shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

YAY! JENNIFER LOPEZ!
She’ll be a great judge!

Too many changes!
I hope this ends well!

J.lo’s awesome

We will miss Simon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We want Justin and J.lo on the show!

stud muffin @ 07/30/2010 at 4:10 am

just when you thought the show couldn’t get any worse

I thought that “American Idol” is a job you’d want to be employed by once your MAIN career is over.

Steven Tyler I could understand being on there, but Jennifer Lopez? I thought that between singing and acting, she still had some gas in her career. Guess I was wrong.

I think I could be down with J. Lo. Steven it’s hard for me to imagine him selecting mainstream talent the way simon and the other did.

The panel will consist of Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson.

According to TMZ, Kara got fired. Ouch.

JLo must be pretty desperate.

lexy hates bilson @ 07/30/2010 at 5:29 am

J-Lo judging people on their singing abilities??? LMAO!!! Is AI trying to get cancelled??

American Idol will never the same again

J.lo is a successful actress and singer, but her vioce is not as beautiful as the contestant sparks. mcphee, underwood,hudson,lambert, did benami, lee dewyze

nice to hear. but A.I. is just going down the drain. so many judges coming here and there. it isn’t the same without the original judges.

Ha, what a has-been.

I wonder what stores by buying clothes

Simon and Paula were the only judges I cared about….(I like Ellen but not as a judge)

I love Jennifer, but she has to realize that if she becomes a judge, she has ruined her career forever, there wont be any comebacks after that..

Hopefully it’s just a rumour.

I n F a m o u s l y C o o l @ 07/30/2010 at 8:06 am

….ahahahahahahahahahahaa c’mon… this is a joke right?!? they cant get someone.. um, a little more talented that her?! i mean, at least get someone who can sing (good).. or at least writes their own music. ahahahahahahaha.. steven tyler, hell yes!

Idol without Simon and Paula is pointless. Getting rid of Kara was wise but this new panel still seems lame.

rock n roll queen @ 07/30/2010 at 8:09 am

steven tyler is a great musician from the ones u dont find easily today i think he will bring great quality on the show

If Lopez could actually sing it would make some sense but let’s face I’ve heard people singing in the auditions that sound better than her finished songs on the radio.

So basically the should would be a platform for a 40 year old trying to get into the pop music scene again. Because you know she’s gonna be a pain in the ass with demands and crap. The people at AI are complete idiots, Tyler I like he’s a real musican not a studio creation.

You know what’s funny the prime reason I never watched AI was because of Paula, one of THE WORST singers in the history of music judging other peoples abilities made no sense to me. So I guess Lopez is a good choice another one with no singing ablities what so ever judging others singing.

horrible horrible horrible

THEY should have dropped Kara off two seasons ago. She ruined the show! Im happy about these new choices as long as that pointless Kara doesn’t sit in the panel.

Go randy for being true to the show after everything!

Why didn’t they ask Christina, HER opinion I could respect because she is an exceptional singer. It’s like they have a rule don’t ask anyone to judge who actually knows how to sing.

irene olson @ 07/30/2010 at 10:07 am

Good lord, how desperate is American Idol. A whacko and a has-been.

irene olson @ 07/30/2010 at 10:09 am

Thank goodness Ellen left this circus.

OK that’s it I’m done with this show.

I really liked watching & listening to Kara. And her experience DOES afford her the right to be in that position…contrary to some ignorant comments. JLo bores me and her judging sounds like a lame idea. They sure better keep Randy or this show is DONE! Steven Tyler is a music legend and his experience affords him the knowledge and ability to be a judge. Overall, I think AI should stick with seasoned artists and producers who genuinely have earned the rght to sit as judge.

yay jlo! jlo and justin would be a perffect team!
jlo is very talented and i hope she gets it

what the hell is she wearing in that photo ? it looks like her stomach has a face ?!

How can you get a career back as a judge? The show is about finding the next singing star not about the judges. Simon Cowell was popular because he was something different on tv, someone who gave it to you straight.

Ew – I’m sorry JLo left the block LONG AGO – Steven Tyler – while an Icon isn’t relevant to today’s mainstream pop crap machines – they should have gone with Jessica Simpson & Lance Bass – or Clay Aiken

Sebastian Bach would be great.He’s a great singer and has something to say.

I think Mr. Tyler is a good choice. He’s been in and around the business for years and knows his stuff. J. Lo, although I like her, don’t feel she is seasoned yet enough to be qualified to be a judge. Bret Michaels should have been chosen with his knowledge not only in the business, but his vast background like Tyler. Hope this ends alright.

Deborah Schenk @ 07/30/2010 at 5:25 pm

I thought Bret Michaels was being considered as a judge for American Idol. I still want Bret on the panel of judges! Go Bret!!

I think Jennifer will be a good judge but i don’t see how this will help her career. She should just forget about a career in music and concentrate in her movie career.

Steven Tyler as a judge,heck yeah..I’ve been an american idol fan since day 1…I think Steven Tyler would be awesome as a judge,now if we could get Bret Michaels as a judge also..now that would be an awesome set of judges,Randy,Steven,and Bret….rock legends,and the dawg …hell yeah..leave J LO out…she’s not a recording judge or legend…bring on the show..if the show needs a femaele,how about a true legend singer,like Melissa ethridge,or Reba McEntire…that’s my opinion from a fan since the beginning of the show..don’t go down hill,come up hill..peace,and love always..

NOOOOOOO, NOT JLO !!!! How can she judge the singers if she can’t sing herself??? And she is sooo full of herself. Will NOT watch the show if she’s on it. Learn to sing and act first before you can judge others. You are a has-been. Stay at home!!!!

Christina Aguilera should be the judge. Simon and Paula were the only judges I love A.I ; their decision is just a joke.

J. Lopez-GIVE ME A BREAK!!! But Steven Tyler-his opinion actually means something. Just wish they could get Gene Simmons-His personality is just like Simon’s-when he guest judged, they caused the other judges to leave the room-and his comments were hilarious!! Him and Tyler would be great-but a no talent who is more concerned about her dance moves and wardrobe like Jlo-God-I put her vocal talent in the same group as Paris Hilton!!!

@shawn: robert plant of led zeppelin would be a best choice as to women who has great talent is allison krauss

I think Jlo will do a great job. People like to hate and criticize with their negative comments. The truth is that Jlo is a great entertainer and has accomplished a lot in her career. Whether you like her or not, or think she can sing or not, you can’t take away the fact that she knows the business and has had a GREAT deal of fame…..No american Idol winner has yet sold more total worldwide albums than JLO has!!! She will be a great judge and will be very supportive to those contestants!!

I think Gene Simons should be a judge

She STINKS! @ 08/01/2010 at 7:22 pm

J-No talent has no business judging anyone. The only talent she has is on her knees, or on her back servicing men to get a career going. This is how she got her first record contract. If it weren’t for the awful woman who shot poor Selena in the back, we never ever would of heard of this self important trash. J-HO just stole a murdered woman’s career, and with a smile.

Everyone knows she can’t sing, act, dance, design clothes or raise children. She is a horrible disgusting mean spirited vile b i t c h.

American Idol will be canceled soon, America truly HATES J-HO and has evolved past her ridiculous and desperate antics to be a celebrity again!

And the truly tragic thing is that she thinks she is all that. I know, America (minus some teenagers) truly dislike her. She will persevere to get back the career she just got out of luck. But her luck has run out . YOU NEED TALENT GIRL, TO STAY IN THE BUSINESS!!!!! STAY AT HOME!!!!!!!!

J LO is the perfect choice for Idol, she has STAGE experience! She is a singer, dancer, actress and brilliant businesswoman.
She has a great personality and she is in tune with TODAY’S music!
Tyler? Why?
SEAN COMBS is a genius in the music world, while also being an excellent performer.
Brit Spears, Alicia Keys, Justin Timberlake would all be great choices too.

JLO? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JNO What will she tell the contestants when they are pitchy when she herself can’t hit a high note. If she has to be honest with contestants then she has to be honest with herself. Her movie and her new album tanked. How can she still be a judge after that

Exactly1 How can she give a judgement when SHE can’t sing either – RIDICULOUS!

aerosimms @ 08/10/2010 at 5:03 am

@The Desolate One: You obviously know nothing about the music industry and entertainment in general.

NOOOOOOOOOO!! Will NOT watch it. Couldn’t stand it. How can she judge if she has no talent herself. SHE IS A HAS-BEEN. OMG JUST IMAGINING HER JUDGING GIVES ME THE CREEPS!!!! WHAT A WASTE OF $12 MILLION!!!!!

OK 1st it was Paula, Simon, & Randy. Then after a long time Kara came so there was Simon, Randy, Kara, & Paula. Then Paula quit & the worst judge Ellen replaced her. Then Kara got fired & Ellen stoped doing it now Steven & Jennifer are the new judges. Hope there permanent judges not just for 1 year cause this is like goin’ crazy

SPAMMER OF DOOM @ 01/23/2011 at 1:12 am