Piers Morgan: CNN Gig Confirmed!

Piers Morgan: CNN Gig Confirmed!

Piers Morgan will join the CNN news crew, NBC Universal Television Entertainment chairman Jeff Gaspin confirmed at the TCA summer press tour.

Gaspin revealed that NBC would be sharing Piers with CNN since Piers just signed a three-year deal as a judge for America’s Got Talent.

Last month, it was reported that Piers was in negotiations to be the new Larry King but CNN still hasn’t confirmed anything.

On Wednesday, Piers played it coy when asked if he was replacing Larry: “I can’t actually talk about that at the moment, I’m afraid.”

TELL JJ: Are you ready for Piers Morgan Live?

Ethan Miller/Getty

I can't stand him. @ 07/30/2010 at 3:52 pm

He thinks he’s Simon Cowell, he’s just useless and skin-crawling.

Hire and AMERICAN. Not this British trash.

laverdadduele @ 07/30/2010 at 6:03 pm

I’m sure there are plenty of Americans who can do this job. Why hire him? I’m all about equal opportunities, but this is ridiculous.

JoshuaNkomo @ 07/30/2010 at 6:42 pm

This will probably cause outrage in America; a non illegal-immigrant Mexican is actually getting a job! Oh wait, I wrote America, I mean Great Mexico of course.

I love simon better

RESEARCH people RESEARCH!! He was a gossip tabloid reporter in England for years. He’s not a journalist, he’s scum. But we seem to be eating up all the garbage people england has to offer lately. Cowell, Osbournes, Beckhams, Fuller, Lithgoe… Shame on us!

go to hell @ 07/30/2010 at 9:02 pm

i think i am going to be suing universal studios in the near future. and the general electric company

you should be ashamed of yourselves for trying to kill people

how much does hilary clinton have to do with this organization?

and i agree with the sentiments that the job should go to an american

he is an ugly person and i am against the universal agenda

go to hell @ 07/30/2010 at 9:05 pm

i would also like to point at that i have had it with the hostile talk show hosts of both fox and cnn
and now you are hiring ugly brits
and this one who loves to provoke hostility

enough of this bullllshit already

The British are slowly taking over America again!!! I hate that we speak their language.

I am very disappointed that they chose him to be LARRY KING’s successor!!!! I bet Mr. King is fuming. I hope CNN’s ratings TANK and all networks stop buying ad spots around that show. He left the UK because no one respects or likes him. I can’t believe these idiots here in the US are blinded by his phoniness.

Piers Morgan is disgraced in the UK- he was fired from the editorship of a national newspaper for publishing faked photos of ‘Iraqui prisoners’ being tortured by British troops. He was long reviled in English journalism for being seedy, unreliable and constantly bringing the industry into disrepute. He has tried his hand at entertainment here but being so universally unpopular has only managed to get the most budget people, ala Katie Price, on his talk show (well actually he did get the Prime Minister but only a few weeks before he was booted out). So now, the US for some reason has decided that he is the hot ****- TV execs seem to think the whiff of an english accent= classy and intelligent. Hopefully the public will disagree and he will continue to be the pariah that he rightly deserves. Note: In this event we don’t want him back. Consider it a fair exchange for years of Madonna wearing flat caps and faking our accent.

to britannia . i love the english language. you are a plonker. and mr morgan is awesome. god bless the u.s.a. and can’t wait for the november election

THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD, FROM A PROUD AMERICAN

kim nah wet @ 07/31/2010 at 11:15 pm

this guys is sooo annoying f*ck!!
good luck cnn!

R. Heinrich @ 03/08/2011 at 10:22 pm

Please reconsider Piers Morgan as a continuing interviewer the replacement of Larry King. He was very much over-rated and is a classless boar. I watched again this evening his hour with Mr Rumsfeld. His rude and interrupting style does not do justice to those giving their time to your CNN programming. Fire the Brit!!