Katy Perry Covers 'Rolling Stone,' Talks Blasphemy

Katy Perry Covers 'Rolling Stone,' Talks Blasphemy

Katy Perry shows off quite a bit of skin as she poses in a bra and panties on the cover of Rolling Stone‘s latest issue.

Here’s what the 25-year-old Teenage Dream singer, who also posed topless and only wearing fishnets, had to share:

On her super religious and strict upbringing: “I wasn’t ever able to say I was ‘lucky,’ because my mother would rather us say that we were ‘blessed,’ and she also didn’t like that ‘lucky sounded like ‘Lucifer’.”

On thinking she’d gotten her shot at stardom at 17: “I was in Beverly Hills with my new Jetta, thinking that my album was about to come out, and I was so excited. Then nothing happened. It was like, ‘Wow, my car’s getting repossessed, I have no money, and I’m living on Cahuenga, under the Hollywood sign.”

On her thoughts on blasphemy: “I wrote that tweet because of a combination of things. I am sensitive to Russell taking the Lord’s name in vain and to Lady Gaga putting a rosary in her mouth. I think when you put sex and spirituality in the same bottle and shake it up, bad things happen. Yes, I said I kissed a girl. But I didn’t say I kissed a girl while f-ing a crucifix.”

Fo more from Katy, including bonus shots from her RS shoot, visit RollingStone.com!

katy perry rolling stone 01
katy perry rolling stone 02
katy perry rolling stone 03
katy perry rolling stone 04

Photos: Mark Seliger for RollingStone.com
Posted to: Katy Perry

Ethan Miller/Getty

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion but the fact that she said she no longer wanted to talk about her tweet and drag the discussions further, and then went and did this just before her single release is hilarious.

“I am sensitive to Russell taking the Lord’s name in vain and to Lady Gaga putting a rosary in her mouth”

Oh jesus. Lol, I would not want to be married to her. She comes off annoying, attention-seeking, patronizing and self-revolving instead of charming or gracious or anything endearing. She is beautiful though. I’m not a huge Gaga fan but wasn’t she intentionally trying to make a point about organized religion and Laws in the context of her video? Alejandro was about the Naz.i’s Don’t Ask Don’t Tell regime after all. Katy you’re not very bright love.

WHATEVER! THOSE PICTURES ARE SOOO F*CKEN FAKE! TOUCH UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is an idiot! I can not take her seriously when she consistently objectifies herself in photos, videos etc. and then she wants to drop knowledge on being a Christian. Look in the mirror first sweetheart, I doubt the way you are carrrying yourself in the public eye is very pleasing to God.

I love looking at Katy Perry, she’s so nice to look at.

If I were in charge of the Heaven Gates, I would let Britney in first. Then Gaga. Then Beyonce. Then Riri and Kesha. Christina and Katy can have the guest room next door (not below I’m not that mean).

GirlFromPHI @ 08/03/2010 at 5:23 pm

I think she is slowly becoming like Lady Gaga… with the weird clothes in her “California Gurls” video (the shooting foam, the brassieres with “candies/pastries” on ‘em) and slowly having lesser textile on her. And I don’t like that at all.

I hate both Lady Gaga and Katy Perry…. but Katy is being really hypocritical. Her whole persona is contradictory to what the Bible teaches. If she wants to be a role-model for christians, she went about it the wrong way. Nobody is looking to her for political or spiritual perspective. Sing your shallow, lame songs and shut up. Lady Gaga is a piece of crap for disrespecting religion and trying to call it art. We should all know by now to respect eachother more than that. I think religious folks and seculars oughta learn how to tolerate eachother

Katy can say that about GaDonna and get away with it but all Christina said was Who’s Lady Gaga is that a man or a woman and that was said before anyone knew her.

Dance In The Dark @ 08/03/2010 at 5:50 pm

I’m sure her God would really encourage those kind of photos. Hypocrite.

Oh and her breasts are so fake it’s laughable, she needs to just admit it already.

She needs to just shut up, realise she was just the flavour of the month and disappear.

with or without Photoshop katy perry has a great body !!!!
although she does not have much moral to criticize anyone I agree on the theme lady gaga
is not right to offend a religion just to prove you’re “different” and to sell more records

we already have a madonna gaga… just try to be yourself you are talented enough to not follow anyone and you dont need cause controversies by swallowing a crucifix

@Dance In The Dark: Say what you want about Katy Perry but her boobs are very real. http://www.motifake.com/38705

I WANT TO SQUEEZE HER @ 08/03/2010 at 6:13 pm

OMG. How original. Well at least she does not have white blond hair and red lips like that fraud Gwenn S.

qucik question…didnt she sell her soul to the devil?

omg…..poor girl!! It’s a wonder how she’s not in a looney house yet with that sort of upbringing!! I guess her parents didn’t think it was not very christian behaviour to pose alsmost naked! Hmmm… yeah, take your religious BS elsewhere lady!!

offtheproperty @ 08/03/2010 at 8:35 pm

I am glad to hear that Katy is still a Christian. Thank you Katy for taking responsibility for the gift of your upbringing and for inspiring others to do so, too.

status quo @ 08/03/2010 at 8:52 pm

Yeah I liked Katy before because she was different and had some class. But when you throw bibles at people like Gaga for “blasphemy” yet you have a crucifix between your boobs!? Seriously? You’re butt @$$ naked and you think that makes you a good Christian? I don’t get it.

i love kate perry, she rocks.

Nobody cares what she says. Just look at those luscious boobs.

christianity – religion bah blah blah… She is right and she is a hypocite. It is totally hack to keep using crucifixes etc. as sex objects

madonna’s mother was a devout catholic and she died at a very young age; leaving Madonna with questioning of god and jesus etc. but also a need to understand the devotion. If her mother loved him so much, why did he take her./i want to be devoted too so I can be close to her. She started out with the rosary and it is somewhat understandable. Gaga wears bedazzled crosses on her breasts and she is on the VF best dressed list. It is not blasphemy or acting out or art. It it is just marketing. Pissing on christian symbolism to the media is like chocolate cake to a fat girl… they eat it up and these girls are raking it in. When someone starts wearing star of david pasties through a see through berka, I’ll be impressed.

Whats wrong with her body on that shoot? Her left arm is so…weird looking. And something is wrong with the shadows.

offtheproperty @ 08/04/2010 at 12:26 am

offtheproperty @ 08/04/2010 at 12:26 am

@Nick: @jenn: If you don’t believe in God, even any god, then just admit that your god is Money.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All