Jennifer Aniston Channels Barbra Streisand For Harper's Bazaar

Jennifer Aniston Channels Barbra Streisand For Harper's Bazaar

Jennifer Aniston pays homage to legendary entertainer Barbra Streisand in the September 2010 issue of Harper’s Bazaar, on stands August 17.

The 41-year-old actress, who wears Versace on the mag cover, channeled Barbra in Funny Girl and and What’s Up, Doc? in a series of shots by Mark Seliger.

Here’s what Jen had to share:

On what she’s learned from Barbra Streisand: “You don’t have to stop at one thing. You can do it all if you want to.”

On being in the spotlight: “[Barbra and I] are people who have been put in the spotlight, for better or for worse, and you just keep riding, and you keep overcoming.”

On looking up to Streisand: “Barbra inspires me because there isn’t anything she hasn’t done that she wanted to do, especially as a female in the time when her generation was prime. She’s a true renais­sance woman. . . I had a long conversation with Barbra about directing because I directed a short a couple years ago, and if I don’t do it again soon, I’m going to burst out of my skin. And we also love interior design.”

jennifer aniston barbra streisand harpers bazaar 01
jennifer aniston barbra streisand harpers bazaar 02
jennifer aniston barbra streisand harpers bazaar 03

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 78 » Show All

Surface

Jen was 4 on list of iconic character that will remain on people heart character on Racheal Just like “i love lucy”. Even if you forget what she does after Freind , she already make iconic character as Raheal that what your idols did not accomplish

nakedoldjennifer @ 08/04/2010 at 2:04 pm

@ #10 – What exactly is she overcoming? Breaking up with Brad? She hasn’t had a terrible life, if anything it’s been pretty extraordinary. Sorry Jen, not buying the long-suffering-poor-me thing

ITA – Bab had some hardships to overcome but Jen is just an opportunist who will kiss/lick every A list A** in hollywood to stay in the lime light.
Wait! i know what she is “overcoming” being dumped and x upgrading to a beautiful woman of substance

Wow…love it. Love the pictures and love JA. I can’t wait to get myself a copy.

Nackdoljennifer
We understand Branglina are boring with Jennifer name dragging in the circe. She said she can accept and over come people makeing fun of her. There is not such name of scum or Ho here.

RioNemesi @ 08/04/2010 at 2:57 pm

Just saw the whole spread
and its really beautiful
great cover also!!
I want that magazine now :D

RioNemesi @ 08/04/2010 at 2:57 pm

Just saw the whole spread
and its really beautiful
great cover also!!
I want that magazine now :D

i love pics….nice

beautiful.

ella es muy bonitas las fotos…

RandomGirl @ 08/04/2010 at 3:20 pm

Booo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maniston has no man to talk about, no children to talk about, nothing special to talk about, she can’t talk about her crappy movie as we can see from the Jay Leno interview, she has not done any research on the subject matter. She can’t go to MEXICO and expose her vajayjay, been there done that.. has been called on it on national TV. can’t use a fauxmance with Jason Bateman since he is married, already posed nude for that EAU de PITY… What a girl to do? Do a photoshoot and talked about a well liked woman to get everyone’s sympathy. That woman is one manipulative bit@h. She is 41 talking about her idol, someone she’s met probably once…. GIVE ME A BREAK.

Sorry but she looks noooothing like Barbra.
Barbra looks much prettier…

No wonder she treats her hair as her most important asset..without all the teased bleach blonde hair covering her face, you can really see how average looking she is. She is deffinatley not as beautiful as her crazed fans make her out to be…Winona Ryder, Natalie Portman, Angelina Jolie have had pixie cuts. They were stunning with it because it showed off the bone structure of the face. Some people cannot pull that off, like Kate hudson, Jennifer Aniston, Renee Zellweger, Sara Jessia Parker..just sayin’

that haircut is great on her! she should totally cut her hair like that! THAT would be smth to talk about, Jennifer, go for it!!!

What’s next? she ‘ll channel Iggy Pop

She looks ridiculous! Streisand had class and elegance, something Aniston will never achieve.

And that quote: for better or worse – just as ridiculous as the photo shoot!

LOL! Oh my goodness! These pictures are horrible! This is proof that she can’t play anyone other than herself. She is so self-conscious and insipid in these pictures. Hahaha. Especially that one where her eyes are closed and she looks like a transvestite. (no offense to transvestites) If it weren’t August, I’d think this was an April Fool’s joke.

Aniston: “I had a long conversation with Barbra about directing because I directed a short a couple years ago, and if I don’t do it again soon, I’m going to burst out of my skin. And we also love interior design.”

Hahahaha! Seriously – this woman is a joke. How did Streisand not slap her when they were talking? She is just so dumb. “I’m going to burst out of my skin” indeed. And then let’s add, “we also love…” Lol. Geez.

Everyone here knows why she did the photos right? Cause she can’t stand on her own. Jennier is so insecure in her self, talent and so called acting that she has to use Barb. S. name inorder to get people to pay attention to the stinker of a movie coming out on the 20th of this month.
She knows this movie is going to fail and fail big time not even bateman can pull this off with the stinker he did on that waiting line.

This girls is beyong pathetic she is a user and Barb. S. just got used for being nice to her. I know she’s going to give it to her one of these days. It’s about time entertainment shows start asking jennifer why can’t she open a movie without a mag cover, fake boyfriend, courtney cox and family or talking about her x and the Divorce.

I am so not going to be a journalist cause I will ask the tough questions and not cater for *****’s like jennifer. Barb. S. has earned every cent and respect of people all over the world and for her to use her like this for a movie called The switch aka the stink is beyond cruel.

Let’s hope Barbara inspires her to do something other than TALK about what she wants to achieve. I saw some other pictures of the shoot on another site. They are more effective alone; when you put one next to the real Barbara, Aniston just comes off looking creepy and old. The pictures where she is not face to face with Barbara are quite good. Kudos go to the make up artist, stylist and the photographer.
Barbara has something Aniston doesn’t have; a DEEP well of talent, guts and courage. Aniston may have been able to achieve greater things, but she was, if not content, at least willing to rest on her laurels as it were. Posing n*ude and doing magazine shoots doesn’t require great talent or beauty. For what it is, she did pretty well with the shoot, but as I said the ones that should be applauded are the make up artist, stylist and photographer; it’s THEIR work which is on display.

The look was already unflatering on Streisand,even worse on Maniston.She is pathetic.

I remember a video where a journalist made that comparison …and JA wasn’t honored about that!!!!

Such a liar!!

She looked like Barbra before her plastic surgery but in the main picture she reminds me of Snooki

OLYMPIA DUKAKIS LOOKALIKE @ 08/04/2010 at 5:43 pm

Aniston looks nothing like Streisand. It’s the height of arrogance for this minimally celebrity to dare to compare herself to the Great Barbra.
She looks exactly like Olympia Dukakis in the top photo. You can see in the leopard fur photo that Aniston is very plain looking no matter how much time and effort went into this photo shoot.
I have been a huge fan of Barbra since I was in the 6th grade. One of the things I admired about her was her independence. That independence is shown in her refusal to alter her nose to conform to pretty girl standards and her strength and drive in taking a project and making it hers by directing.
Talent. Independence. Strength. Drive. That is Streisand.
Aniston has never exhibited any of these qualities. She could have directed any number of movies by now. She has the financial resources to finance and the time to direct a small independent film (not co-direct a 15 minute skit). She even set up a production company. Why hasn’t she done any of this? There are struggling but brilliant and creative screenwriters out there just waiting for a chance – why hasn’t she purchased any of these properties?
All Aniston has are excuses for not doing things. When is she going to start doing these besides taking lead roles with decreasing salaries in bad movies?
Shame on her for wasting all that money and time.

No wonder I couldn’t find the magazine! It doesn’t go on stands until August 17th! I will pay better attention next time! Love Jennifer – can’t wait to get the magazine to read the whole article.

The Smell of Fearful Babies @ 08/04/2010 at 5:54 pm

“Her life isn’t defined by a relationship that ended 5 years ago.”
YES. IT IS. Pathetic isn’t it?
And it is more like 6 years ago.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 78 » Show All