Jennifer Aniston Channels Barbra Streisand For Harper's Bazaar

Jennifer Aniston Channels Barbra Streisand For Harper's Bazaar

Jennifer Aniston pays homage to legendary entertainer Barbra Streisand in the September 2010 issue of Harper’s Bazaar, on stands August 17.

The 41-year-old actress, who wears Versace on the mag cover, channeled Barbra in Funny Girl and and What’s Up, Doc? in a series of shots by Mark Seliger.

Here’s what Jen had to share:

On what she’s learned from Barbra Streisand: “You don’t have to stop at one thing. You can do it all if you want to.”

On being in the spotlight: “[Barbra and I] are people who have been put in the spotlight, for better or for worse, and you just keep riding, and you keep overcoming.”

On looking up to Streisand: “Barbra inspires me because there isn’t anything she hasn’t done that she wanted to do, especially as a female in the time when her generation was prime. She’s a true renais­sance woman. . . I had a long conversation with Barbra about directing because I directed a short a couple years ago, and if I don’t do it again soon, I’m going to burst out of my skin. And we also love interior design.”

jennifer aniston barbra streisand harpers bazaar 01
jennifer aniston barbra streisand harpers bazaar 02
jennifer aniston barbra streisand harpers bazaar 03

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 12 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 » Show All
longchamp @ 08/04/2010 at 9:03 pm

had she compared herself only achievement-wise to babs, it would’ve been a great idea – however preposterous it is. for her to compare LOOKS w/babs, now that’s insane. Babs is not known for her beauty… and sadly, JA looks just like babs!

This is the link to Aniston’s reaction to being told she reminds the interviewer of Barbara Streisand. lol, she choked
She recovered though lol.
Aniston on a cover of a Magazine $4.99; Insulting Barbara: PRICELESS.

IT IS TO LAUGH. what a stupid female, my god comparing herself and her life to the goddess Barbara? ***** please dont tell me someone have to sit this fool down and teach her sense?

Jen is Lovely and gorgeous woman.

dianad1968 @ 08/04/2010 at 9:38 pm

OK, hell is going to freeze over and pigs are going to fly because of what I’m about to post. LOL. After watching the video of Maniston’s reaction to the Barbra comparison, I really don’t think she was insulted. I think she was shocked that the interviewer made the comparison. Who knows, she might even have been pleasantly surprised. What instead shows how much of a liar she is, is that now sh is claiming to have ALWAYS admired Barbra, but yet when she was asked during that long ago interview which actresses she admired, Barbra wasn’t even on her mind. I believe she has since met Barbra, and probably has some kind of relationship with her, because I don’t think she would have been able to do this photo shoot otherwise. This is just X’s way of trying to insinuate that she has influential “friends”.

Get ready for Aniston non-stop self promotion. Lindsay Lohan did a photo shoot imitating Marilyn Monroe before and now Jennifer Aniston did a shoot imitating Barbara Streisand. Wow, never imagine a day that Jennifer Aniston follows Lindsay Lohan’s footsteps. This woman doesn’t do anything original in her life.

What if it’s not a script she doesn’t know anything, does this female ever read a book i thought she was ignorant after the Leno interview but listening to her and reading this article you do not have to wonder why no man wants her she really is stupid they date her for a while and they realize that she have the body but no brains and they run for the hills.

CanadaGirl @ 08/04/2010 at 10:02 pm

@Jaye: She seemed flummoxed by her sneeze and embarrassed by that. Imagine having a sneeze sniffles in an interview, which would be awkward.
Who can think on their feet that quickly? Just because she didn’t mention Barbra, doesn’t mean that she doesn’t respect her. Watch the interview again. She hadn’t finished her response before he interjected and said, “Barbra Streisand.” Then the sneeze interrupted her reaction and response.

For instance: Once the trend gets going, editors and publicists start pushing for unexpected—and ill-fitting—comparisons, like Jennifer Aniston as Barbra Streisand. Since Barbra’s most iconic images show her singing, we have a bunch of pictures of Jennifer Aniston with her eyes shut, lips parted, and face awkwardly—embarrassingly—contorted. Jennifer Aniston doesn’t sing. Why do we need pictures of her fake-singing? Especially when Jen’s great career crisis is that, entering her middle age, she lacks a voice—she can’t break out of her short-skirt, high-heels, desirable-to-all-men rom-com persona? She has nothing to say to us, and these literally voiceless Barbra Streisand imitations only highlight it.

I think Jen’s publicist and agent are washed up too.

And other pics here!!!! on jen aniston the source

BREATHTAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reality Check @ 08/04/2010 at 11:36 pm

I’ll say it again–Isn’t it amazing how so many people who claim to hate this woman always seem to gravitate to stories about her? Those of you who claim she has no “star” power are so wrong. She has so much “star” power, she keeps you freaks coming back for more, and all your hate-filled rantings are not going to change the power this woman has in the entertainment industry.

And, her name is Barbra — not Barbara — for you freaks who claim to be fans of Ms. Streisand.

Barbra Streisand = Entertainment Icon
Jennifer Aniston = Rachel from Friends.

Not even close Maniston,go back to posing for the paparazzi in Mexico wearing a bikini.

That’s Jennifer Aniston? Wow.

Reality Check @ 08/05/2010 at 12:14 am

Oh, come on JJ, did I say something that made too much sense. Why are people allowed to say vulgar, cruel things about people, but when someone makes sense–you cut them off.

Oh, I know, you need the controversy to stay in business. I’m having too much fun with this.

Jennifer Aniston rocks.

wowowo she always good pics..i love

Reality Check is Bet in X thread. She just changed her name once again.

Poor Jen, she is so desperate.

LMAO

Jennifer Aniston, you are one sad, delusional, desperate person. Pity, pity.

THEY ARE TWINS! BUT BARBRA IS THE PRETTY ONE.
AND IS TRUE! SHE, EVEN WITH HER BIG, BIG NOSE, HAS SOMETHING UNIQUE ABOUT HER FACE.
NIPPLY…NOT.

THEY ARE TWINS!!!
BUT BARBRA IS THE PRETTY ONE.
NIPPLY…NOT.

ROFL don’t know why but I almost choked laughing when I saw those photos. Like she’s trying so hard it looks too freaking funny. Sorry but she can’t pull off profile shot, it just draw attention on how plain she looks.

there is a lot more pic on oh no they dident love them they are so great she looks stunning and it is a great tribude to babara love jen you rock girl.

Great HB. Jen I love you. So gorgeous, so inmense.

Reality Check @ 08/05/2010 at 6:45 am

fifi — wrong. You don’t like what I said; so the best you can come up with is I’m someone everyone makes fun of. Please, grow up. I choose not to make fun of Jennifer Aniston because I like her. If you hate her so much, why do you spend your time on threads about her?

Maybe, your secretly a fan.

Pages: « 12 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 » Show All