Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Megan Fox Donates Music Video Fee To Charity

Megan Fox Donates Music Video Fee To Charity

Eminem will premiere his “Love The Way You Lie” video featuring Rihanna tomorrow (August 5) @ 9PM ET/PT. Check back then to watch it on JustJared.com!

The Joseph Kahn-directed video features Megan Fox (Transformers) and Dominic Monaghan (The Lord of the Rings, Lost) playing a couple going through the extremes of an abusive relationship.

Joseph and I worked pretty closely together to make sure we got this right,” commented Eminem. “Trying to make this tough subject work visually is a challenge. It was great to have Rihanna, Megan and Dominic on board for this … .they really brought it and made this video super-powerful.”

Megan donated her fee for her video appearance to Sojourn Services, a shelter that provides abused women and their children a safe space to regroup, rebuild, and reestablish their self-esteem and lives. Way to go, Megan!

John Parra/Getty

I respect Megan even more now after reading this, go her!

btw Eminem is looking super sexy

I was hoping Rihanna and Em would be the couple after reading some fan fiction lol! Oh well, it’s great that Megan is donated her pay to such a good cause.

Megan Fox is good people, she’s a great friend of mine, such a sweet powerful young woman! definitely this generations Angelina Jolie!

Aw thats really nice of her:) Megan is such a good hearted person!

You would think Rihanna would donate some of her many millions to charity considering shes the one that actually went through an abusive realationship!

July 5th? Don’t you mean August?

I like how low-key Megan is becoming, just look at her private wedding vs all the comments she made last year. I think her not in T3 was also a smart move. Hopefully, she’ll grow into a more serious actress and not just a sex symbol. So far, she’s playing the right moves.

@Maria: Her I don’t give a crap bad attitude is exactly the thing that will keep her from becoming a serious actress. She can’t play the privacy seeking reclusive artist because she hasn’t shown that she can act. The only reputation she is getting is for being difficult. If she wants to make it she’s going to learn how to play the game. She’s not talented enough to get around it. Just because she copies Jolie doesn’t mean she is Jolie.

lexy hates bilson @ 08/04/2010 at 7:08 pm

That is nice of her. Nice to see celebs doing something other than shopping!

not only is she beautiful she is also an amazing person!

Agreed. It’s good to see Megan doing reasonable things and keeping a low profile…. but once she gets in an interview she starts shooting her mouth off. Before, she just said bs of her own accord, now she’s toned it down to only interviews.

I find it great that she’s taking on more serious-ish roles now… but she’s still horrible at acting. You can’t go from terrible at acting to good just because you made a good role choice. All of the today’s top leading women actresses (meryl streep, julia roberts, Angelina Jolie, Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon) have made crap, for fun movies (except for meryl… also a masterpiece) but they’ve all gotten rave reviews for movies in their youth (which megan hasn’t).

Those women can act. Megan can’t. She’s no Jolie, but good to see her trying to emulate a good, oscar winning actress.

Wonder if there are graphic depictions of domestic violence in it. On the one hand the song is about abusive relationships and is kind of “educational,” but it’s still entertainment above all else. :/

Here’s a vid of House/NCIS/Criminal Minds clips set to the song (for those interested).

I n F a m o u s l y C o o l @ 08/04/2010 at 7:38 pm

…That’s awesome. she rocks for that.

I think that is very commendable of her and I applaud her for taking a road toward maturity.

Rihanna is just busy shaking her ass and wondering why her tickets are only going for $10. It’s because she’s incredibly self-absorbed. You’d expect her to really make an effort of showing what this song is really about, especially considering she experienced it first hand. When it was convenient to her album sales, she was all for it, but now…psh.

It’s really great that she’s doing this. It’s ironic since Rihanna was once in that situation but it seems she has done nothing to neither inform, help, nor donate to any abused women charities or shelters. She’s actually done nothing…..

CanadaGirl @ 08/04/2010 at 7:46 pm

How wonderful of her. Megan is a sweetheart.

CanadaGirl @ 08/04/2010 at 7:46 pm

How wonderful of her. Megan is a sweetheart.

@aj, you’re right! We don’t even know her, but I’m sure she hasn’t even PRIVATELY done any of that. Screw her for not taking a personal pain and making it more public than it already is. Some people just aren’t that strong or comfortable to become spokespersons for a cause. Especially something as stigmatized as domestic abuse. If anything, that @sshole Chris Brown should do the things you’ve mentioned. Keep up the victim blaming.

This is Megan trying to get people to like her after she got so many people to dislike her for her Hitler comments.

@Cheery: I actually know for a fact he has done 10 times the charity she has done. There is no excuse for her to have done nothing. She’s done nothing privately because why would she. Everything else is pubic. Her relationship, her body. She’s just selfish and doesn’t care.

So Megan Fox does something good and everybody kisses her butt, because her agent intentionally leaks it to make her look good? Please!

When will the world finally catch up and realize Megan is a super cool chick with a big heart? So many seem intent on destroying her reputation. She doesn’t play the b.s. game and is just very honest So what? I applaud that. Tough you-know-what that some don’t respect that. People need to appreciate stars like Megan who mean no harm and are simply trying to navigate some nasty waters with too many nasty sharks.

There is a reason why i love Megan.

“I actually know for a fact he has done 10 times the charity she has done.”

@aj, You make it sound like that’s something to be proud of. He did those things because HE’S the f-cking abuser in the first place, and damn well should give back. Not to mention it’s all in an effort to rehab his image (or fulfill parole commitments). It’s not like Chris gives a sh-t about any of that stuff, yet people fawn all over him. You sound like another abuse apologist.

I think Megan might be trying to do damage control. She realized a lot of the things she was saying were wrong, and made her come across as an attention seeker. I hope she goes and takes some acting classes as well, and continues to learn how to be respectful and professional. Jessica Alba was just as beautiful (Still is, if not more), and never was so disrespectful to her co-workers. She doesn’t have much of a career, but at least people find her somewhat likable and don’t constantly bash her.

@Brandon Hilton:
“definitely this generations Angelina Jolie!”

I’m sorry, but you should be slapped for that comment. You’re an idiot!

EMINEEEEEEM! WHOOOP! HAWT!

So let’s see she worked what one day twp tops for that music video and she already has millions? Wow, I’m so impressed. She’ll still open her mouth eventually in an interview about how the entire Midwest should ************.

@jen:

Respect for megan fox? Why? She’s an actress!!

Go respect a teacher or a doctor!

What is going on with people these days?!?

Christine @ 08/04/2010 at 9:57 pm

The premiere of the video will be on JULY 5?? Do you mean AUGUST 5?

Raining on the Parade @ 08/04/2010 at 10:04 pm

Good for her. Even if it’s just for PR, smart move, girl.

@Mary: Why should he be slapped for saying that. You should be slapped for getting riled up over a harmless comment.

AlanMichael @ 08/04/2010 at 10:32 pm

wow! That just made me love her even more

twitter.com/ItsAlanMichael

Eminen needs to donate money to a shelter. Making money off of talking about killing women.

@zoz:

you are so right he has a history of doing the same thing to Kim yet he gets all this praise….double standard.com

Megan is doing a good thing and Rihanna is not a DV victim from 1 incident so she don’t get that title and as you can see she only went there when it was time for her album to drop. There are women who are going thru this everyday, I pray they leave alive.

i think you people should leave them all alone their just like you and me if we would put our mind to it we could do all the same as them. and think about it would you like everyone to be on top of you all the time telling everyone your busines if you were a celebrity . i think your all idiots and should be ashamed of y our self for being noisy people.

Around 7000 like on this post ! that is the Magic Of Megan Fox! Cant wait for the video! hope its freaking AuXxme like the Song! Go Megan, Rihanna & Em! ;-)

It amazes me how someone can do something truly generous, and all you can do is run them down over and over again. Megan Fox has had interactions with several people I know, and every one of them has said how sweet and kind she is….seriously, get over it. And I loved Jennifer’s Body…thought she was really good, and it was a lot of fun. Try saying something nice, and maybe people will rise. Peace out…

Can’t wait the video!

@Gina:
Rihanna donates a lot of money to charity. Do your research first before spewing lies on the internet

GO ON MEAGAN………well done :)

——-OH, why the hell wouldn´t Eminem play the couple part with Rihanna, instead of letting others do it?
That was actually an odd pairing I was looking forward to. Would have been funny to watch.
Hm….maybe they don´t get along that well?

o wowwwwwww its awesome..u r sooo great megan lv yaa

Megan, you’ll never be the next Angelina Jolie.

mohit telang @ 08/05/2010 at 8:31 am

i am ******* and gay..i mastrubate thinking about eminem…

You guys are so easily swayed. This is an OBVIOUS PR stunt. If she really, really, REALLY, had a big heart, none of us losers on here would know about it. That’s right, many a famous person donates money WITHOUT running around screaming “Look are you happy? Look what I did! I gave my money away! What? Yes, I do have millions more, but at least I donated $1,000!”. And what, she donates a couple thou and all you haters love her now. She’s just as plastic, just as stupid, just as desperate for attention. I’ll like her when she…well CHANGES! (And not surgically). I think it’s good to donate, but not when you’ve had two box office epic failures and are looking for more work. Just like the planned paps at her “private” wedding. Oh, Little Brained Megan Fox, you are so transparent I could use you to protect my iPhone.

jensenLUVER tanya @ 08/05/2010 at 10:00 am

wow im surprised but im very happy. thx megan.

Awesome for Megan Fox to do that. With Eminem, I think, we’re starting to see a changed man. Hopefully he is. Rihanna shouldn’t get bashed for not doing more about DV publicly, not everyone is strong enough to do that, don’t hold it against her.

WhatWillTheNeighboursSay? @ 08/05/2010 at 10:36 am

That’s just a try to be likeable, she’s fake like Jessicocksucka Alba. It’s only important for them what people are thinking.

Nuttinbutdatruff @ 08/05/2010 at 11:28 am

Chris Brown did not beat up Rihanna it was a stunt gone bad. He thought bad publicity meant good publicity like Britney and Lindsay thought, he forgot he was black and media is ten times as harsh on the blacks than it is any white celebrity. argue all you want, facts prove I’m right. Megan is a generous person. Though she announced it for PR reasons she still did it and it’s not like the abused women are gonna get any help with her money, it’s going into some psychiatrist or whoever’s in charge of the charity’s wallet. That’s why I don’t donate cash to these “foundations”

Angelina is so real cuz she adopted an African and some asians? she just as fake as the rest of em and did it for attention, she could’ve easily adopted some homeless white kids and got waaay less attention and still called a h** by hating fans and media, instead of ambassador and all this crap. You Megan haters can kiss Megan’s and my behind. BTW, Megan’s actually a good actress, I’ve seen her in J.BOD, no worst than Angelina. When Megan gets naked and do sex scenes and drugs for the camera [Anne Hathaway, Halle Berry and your girl, Ang] she’ll get an Oscar or nomination. It’s sad cuz Anne or Halle aren’t good actors, but I guess and Oscar nod, can fool some fools into thinking that they are good. Whatever… Peace.

Eminem should have asked KIM to be in his vid ^^
.. He would have enjoyed to watch her burn.

Good for her, good for the charity. Unfortunately, I still think this is all part of the publicity campaign to remake her image a la Jolie. Don’t do it, Megan, the people who already hate you will dislike you even more. If she wants to revive her career, she needs to leave her face alone, take acting classes, and pressure her agents into getting her better roles. In the wake of heavy hitters like Angelina, Brad, and George, hitching her star to the charity bandwagon will only take her so far.

@Thomas:

Okay, A Jolie does all that charity work because it’s all fake. She does it so people will think only good about her, not because she really gives a care about anything in the world other then her multimillion dollar mansion, looks, fame and manipulating Jen Aniston and winning brad pitt over Jennifer. You’re only looking at the person on the outside, but are you looking at them on the inside?

“Oh my god Megan is soooooooo sweet and kind and caring love her omg ***

HAHAHA what tripe……… Halle Berry actually GOES to a woman’s shelter EVERY week………….

if you pause it on the close up of megan you can see HUGE pencil drawn on eyebrows…why do her eyebrows have to be sooooo dark?

awww riri in rihanna und eminem video love the way you lie bist du so beatiful aber mit denn junge ….. du bist die sexy girl 2010

Megan Fox is really awesome :) and she have many talents!!! I LOVE HER BODY!!!

John Abikuson @ 10/09/2010 at 7:55 am

I love your product and services and also your actors.thancks

acutely I genuinely as with your current blog location preserve right included in the describe I will most likely pop in couple of additional several right time to see few much more merit a ton.Nb.LCaoHlFce

i really love the song..make me empty

Megan honey you look beautiful in the video LOVE THE WAY YOU LIE you are a great actress i love you

laritza talavera andalus @ 01/22/2011 at 7:09 pm

eres mi idolo a segir

Way to go Megan! I love to hear about the charity that you are doing for other peoples. It really give me some hope!