Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Emma Watson: Short Hair Brave!

Emma Watson: Short Hair Brave!

Emma Watson bravely shows off a short new pixie haircut in this recent glamour shot just released. And we love it!!!

“Dear all,” the 20-year-old British actress wrote. “Cut my hair off a few days ago… Feels incredible. I love it. I’ve wanted to do this for years and years; it’s the most liberating thing ever. Hope you like. Big love from Emma x.”

FYI: Before Emma starts her sophomore year at Brown University, she’s in NYC doing press for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, which opens Nov. 19. Pictured below is Emma hailing a cab in NYC’s West Village on Wednesday (August 4).

emma watson short hair 01
emma watson short hair 02
emma watson short hair 03
emma watson short hair 04
emma watson short hair 05

John Parra/Getty

Looks like she’s going thru her college lesbian phase.

I can’t believe she did this.

i’m not a huge fan of short hair on a girl, but its looks alight on her. i liked her long locks better though :)

Oh God… no.

Hope they already filmed part 2 of HP DH

I think she is very brave for doing this and as long as she is happy with it herself that’s all that really matters. But personally I wouldn’t do it :/

Not sure I like it but at least she did something different, I hate people who have the same hairstyle all their life, change it up a bit!

it is not @ 08/05/2010 at 1:24 pm

just the hair cut that is brave.

She does not need to go to school and yet she puts herself on the line in a very challenging program. Good for her! I commend her for that.

no i dont like it better with lonh hair

Beautiful girl.. A woman’s beauty is not about her hair.

She looks great. My hair is actually almost that length.. a bit longer.. and when I got it cut.. if felt like the weight of the world off my shoulders. It will grow back..but such a great summer look.

I just love her and Dakota .. there is hope for the future.

Oh I love it! So cute. She can definitely pull this style off.

I think she looked better with long hair but I never criticize a woman for cutting theirs because it truly can control some of us.

tovarisch @ 08/05/2010 at 1:34 pm

@ck:

yeah because short hair makes you a lesbian . . .

I love Emma but Sorry NOOOO!!. Emma love you look absolutely awful.

She looks like a boy!

Bring back those gorgeous long locks NOW! It will take a while though.

Iffy Miffy @ 08/05/2010 at 1:37 pm

She looks beautiful. Change is good and young people should never fear it.

Brightside @ 08/05/2010 at 1:39 pm

I think it’s stunning and I love the second picture…she has the face to make this such an elegant and beautiful cut. In quite a few cultures short hair is a sign of beauty and so is this.

She looks gorgeous, she is pretty small and feminine, no way that she looks like a boy.
She looks like a beautiful girl with a beautiful short hair

She looks great!

She looks pretty. She can always get extensions of she wants to go longer again

She does look plain but it is refreshing. This is what Britney and all those other balding girls should do to grow new hair.

Looks very good on her. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was something in her contract for Potter saying she couldn’t cut her hair for all those years and, if that was the case, I can see why she would want to cut it.

When Brit cut all her hair off, I was hoping she would rock the short style for a while, but I guess she just didn’t have the confidence that Emma seems to have.

And, what’s this about Emma being a lesbian, just because she likes her hair short. That’s pretty silly!

I like it!! she is lucky she can pull of the daring chop and still look good and mysterious…lucky cow! ;-)

beatlesfreak @ 08/05/2010 at 2:03 pm

That picture of her is absolutely gorgeous. She looks great, as usual.

it looks good in the posed shot but not in the candids. gross.

I like it, its weird because i didn’t see her in that way. But i love it
I need see more.. Cute

Very cute – it does so much more for her face!

it looks weird and HP Pics with a Short Hair Hermione,I don’t know.But she looks old right now,more Hair fits her better

The next Natalie Portman, I love it :) It’s always relieving to see girls with good heads on their shoulders in this industry.

she’s been playing hermoine for 10+ years and prob not allowed to cut or dye her hair at all- who could blame her for wanting a drastic change after that! it grows

She wears it well, and can definitely pull it off. I like longer hair on her too…she can afford extensions if she misses her hair.

She is pretty, she can pull it off

She looks like Mia Farrow when she was young.

i think a short pixie cut will suit her, i just think she went a tad too short with it. i think it will look better in a few weeks when it has grown ever so slightly.

but if she is happy who i am to tell her how to wear her hair?!

CanadaGirl @ 08/05/2010 at 3:20 pm

Mia Farrow is right. Wow. Not everyone can carry off short hair *cough cough Hayden* but Emma looks fabulous.

She looks more mature! :)
I hope she keeps this look, she can move on from being ‘the girl who played Hermione’ to Emma Watson, actress.

looks good on the black and white photo though its awfully weird for her

@Stephie: They finished Deathly Hallows filming in July 12th.

Well her hair was probably damaged by all the dyeing she had done for the HP movies(to make it dark) that she wanted to cut it all off so she can have her natural blondish colour(and have healthy hair).

Looks nice though, she can definitely pull it off.

I think Emma can pull off the shorter do, although I prefer the longer locks. She’s attractive enough to wear it either way. Most women aren’t so lucky.

Emma seems to be a woman of substance. I admire her for following through with her education. Not only will she be erudite, but she’ll be a more well-rounded individual as well. She’s not putting all her eggs in the proverbial cinema basket. Good for her!

Plus the memories she creates, and the friends she meets ,will be something that will stay with her the rest of her life.

NOOOO
somebody has to say it: Emma, this is just horrible, sorry

She looks like a young mia farrow….hair is beautiful emma you rock…

Layla and Natalie well said on both of you for what you said and its so true of her there are to many young actors now going off the rails and not many who are good role models for young girls especially.
And Emma is starting to show she has a good head on her shoulders and more like Natalie Portman and she is a great actress as well as a very smart woman and a positive role model for younger girls.

I really like it.
I think another possible reason for her cutting her hair could be because during the last ten years she have constantly coloured her hair brown/darker for HP (Emma is originally blond) and everyone who have done that knows that it takes it tools on the hair and now that she is done filming maybe she decided to cut of all the hair to really get all of it out and then let it grow back out again.

omg !!! way? cute this hair but
long hair so much better

B e a u t i f u l .

She is beautiful.

pretty young girl @ 08/05/2010 at 4:43 pm

She looks like an alien !

She looks gorgeous, i love pixie cuts. She has the pretty face to pull it off, reminds me of Mia Farrow in Rosemary’s Baby.

I used to wear hair like that for a couple of years, then let it grow out and last Christmas chopped it off again. It feels funny at first, when you want to run a hand through your hair and… it`s not there! We have never seen Emma with short hair, so it will take some time to get used to it, but I think she looks cute :-) And hey, it`s only hair, it grows back quickly.

Dance In The Dark @ 08/05/2010 at 5:41 pm

If you have a boyish figure like Emma does, making your hair look like a man’s really doesn’t do you any favours.

I admire her courage. I’m too much of a chicken to cut my hair that short

RandomGirl @ 08/05/2010 at 6:28 pm

Dude looks like a ladyyyyyy ..

Please grow your hair back Emma .. it’s not cool.

wow…she looks super!

To all you people who are girls/say you wouldn’t like a girl if she cut all her hair off: I had to do it because I was really sick and I actually enjoyed how I looked while I had it and so did a lot of people (who weren’t just kissing my ass). So, it really depends on the person and how they dress too. In these paparazzi pictures Emma looks really harsh but in the glam shot she looks okay. It’s an alright look for her but I think I need to see her fancied up a bit more and in color to judge it for certain. Either way, don’t assume just because a girl has short short hair she’s a “lesbian” or “not feminine” or whatever contrived crap you have in your mind. I

hell… it gives me a HARD ON.. THATS ALL THAT REALLY MATTERS..
I LIKES IT WHEN U PLAY THOSE “STRONG WOMENS ROLES”…He,He…

There is nothing risky by cutting your hair off like that, well at least for me. It looks great on her and gave her edginess.

looks like a man

[short] haircuts have nothing to do with being or looking like a lesbian, what the hell is wrong with people buying into the stereotypes?

I think she looks great.

I love her!!

She’s still as cute as a box of kittens

No she does not look like a man, or has a ‘man haircut’ the way your hair is styled isn’t about gender, there is no certain cut of length for each gender. short hair isn’t man hair and long hair isn’t woman hair, wtf!

mean little girl @ 08/05/2010 at 7:32 pm

Simply stunning, love it! Emma is one of a kind

SurfingEagle @ 08/05/2010 at 7:39 pm

That’s a cute boy. Looks like a bit of sissy though.

i always wanted to do that, but i would look terrible. she still beautiful!!!!!!!! u must have a very feminine pretty face!

I don’t like pixie cut’s on girls. I like longer hair. This was very brave of her to do. And as long as she likes it, that’s all that really matters.

wow.. she looks gorgeous and very twiggy life in the glamour shot but in the rest… I just wish it were a wig! I’d neeever do it!

Wow, even going short a different shape would’ve been a lot better on her. Kind of conflicts with possible campaigns, movies, etc. I know there are ways to fake hair, but still. I wouldn’t have done it if I were her. :/

jorja_argentina @ 08/05/2010 at 9:17 pm

i don’t like it at all! but the pictures is great

OMG!!! i can´t believe she did this to her hair
she looks different…and i dont like…. it but is her life
thanks God harry potter 7 part II its already finished

She looks so chic! Awesome…. she just such a beautiful girl…

she’s a gorgeous girl – of course she can pull it off!
i’ve always wanted to chop my hair off, and i admire her for having the confidence to do it.

i reckon she looks HOT!

I’ve always thought that certain girls could pull it off and it would look beautiful. I just never thought she would be one of them, that being said she is a gorgous girl with both short and long hair and that opinion won’t change for me

I think this hair cut looks GORGEOUS on her. She has such a stunning face.

Emma looks great no matter what, it’s just in her eyes. Most women who can pull off pixie cuts are ones with beautiful eyes and facial features. I still think Halle Berry takes the cake for that though. :)

at first i was like OH MY GOSH
but then i realised she did it for her and i admire that

guest49387 @ 08/06/2010 at 6:30 am

She loos like a lesbian. What have you done Emma?!

Emma do whatever u like girl!! dont listen to anyone this is ur style ad u give it grace!! UR HAIR ARE AMAZING!!! LETS GET GLAM BABE!!!

WITH LOVE XTINA

She’s very brave. Most girls wouldn’t do it, I sure wouldn’t. But then again, most girls aren’t as pretty as she is so it’s ok for her to do it. Go Emma, you’re beautiful!

one word. EWWW!

@Lucy:

OMG your so right. And it kinda makes me wonder if she is perhaps.. from the other side? :’D

Unbearable!!!!!!!Awful!!!!!!!Horrible

Wonderful! A young Twiggy!

She already looks like a boy, so this hair cut will only accentuate this.
Nay!

eyeh8twilight @ 08/06/2010 at 11:39 am

I hope she goes to the HP premiere in London and LA/NY (whichever). She should have held off college until the end of HP, and I mean the END. I hope she can still go on talk shows/publicity shoots/photocalls and premieres. If she doesn’t, then that just plain sucks!

I’m all for short hair on women, but it’s not for everyone. Emma looks cute, but I prefer her with the long hair. She is a cute girl though and kudos to her for having the guts to try something different.

I LOVE IT!!!!!! It looks amazing on her!!!! It really accentuates her gorgeous features!!! I think Emma is absolutely stunning with long or short hair…she can dye it purple and still look amazing as far as I’m concerned.
But Emma’s young and she’s having fun. You’re supposed to experiment like she said and she finally gets to do that!!! I love it!!
I can’t wait to see how she styles it on the red carpet!! All the other celebs who have worked the pixie cut have looked amazing as well (e.g., Carey Mulligan, Natalie Portman, Michelle Williams, etc).

Ravynwolfe @ 08/06/2010 at 2:00 pm

Looks stunning. I don’t cut my hair but she has a lovely feminine and small face that works well with the cut. I love it. kudos to her.

@busted: Oh Brenda, you’re too progressive for Just Jared. The cro-magnons and their cave women believe long hair is the best, even if a girl looks horrible in it. For them, all short-haired women are lesbians. I mean, stereotypes are always right, right?

PS: She looks lovely and I actually prefer it on her.

i think she looks adorable-i’m 30 i can say that about someone 10 years younger than me. she looks like mia farrow in ‘rosemary’s baby’

I think it looks nice in the photo-shoot, very pretty. But seeing the candid shots. I don’t think her features are as delicate as Mia or Careys’ so I don’t think she pulls it off. I applaud her for trying something different, going short is a big step.

She’s still gorgeous. But I prefer her with long hair. It looks much prettier :(

calling someone brave for getting a haircut is an exaggeration, unless someone’s shaving their head because they’e undergoing chemo or going to war.

i’m not a hater, i think she pulls it off.

i really love this hair

I wonder if this is why she was cut as the Burberry model. Short hair is KNOWN to be less feminine.

Annabelle @ 08/09/2010 at 5:42 am

Wow! Go Emma! She had to have long hair for years.
She looks really pretty with this hairdo too!
Emma, if you ever read this, I hope you know
how much everyone respects you and supports you.
Annabelle xo

I prefer’d it when t’was longer tbh,

***** STOLE MY HAIR CUTTT!

ThisSexayChickksz @ 08/29/2010 at 11:39 am

OMG, wows,,, brave i guess and its something different so shes quite inspiring. shows you dont need long hair to be beautiful; something she evidently still is.
You rockk Granger
HP foreverrrrrr x

Ali Bhatti @ 09/01/2010 at 3:38 am

this is awful…

First, I love it (ok, I have a thing for girls with short hair)

Second, why people make a fuss just becasue someone cut the hair short? No big deal. When I cut my hair and made it short (and I just cut 40 cm of long, black, straight hair), people kept asking me why I cut my hair…
C’mon guys, people need to changer the hair sometimes…

fighforthislove @ 09/10/2010 at 11:25 am

ew she’s a gorgeous girl but this cut is all NO
it looks so ****-ish and ew
her long hair is SO much prettier!
she better have extensions for the HP premier.
not liking the short hair at all :(

Well, I generally hate short hair on anyone, but I’m also really shocked by stupid comments about how it makes her look like a man or a lesbian…
I agree that it looks awful, but it’s just that I hate short hair in general and I don’t think she has the face to pull it off, unlike Natalie Portman (who is almost the only one I do not hate with short hair). But saying she looks like a man is just as stupid as saying that long-haired men look like women. And talking about homosexuality is even worse.
I think she probably wants to be less recognizable, she’s going to university, and she wants to move on from Harry Potter. Might also be linked to all the constraints that were mentioned, because of her contract (having to keep “Hermione hair” for over 7 years!)
And just one last thing, I am very annoyed by the “mannish” or “lesbian” comments, but also mildly annoyed by the other clichés that come from women, about how short hair is “empowering” or “liberating”, or how “change is good” for its own sake…

Oh emma, what have you done. You looked so pretty with your hair, those bautiful locks!you look okay now still gorgeaus but youwere prettier still with your old hair, sorry but don’t wory itwill grow back(soon i hope)

She looks great but she looked sooo better with long hairs. Wish she will let them grow again.
She’s beautiful anyway, but… :( miss her looong hairs !

She said that she always wanted to cut her hair short. i think it looks good on her. No one should go by what someone else say, they should do what they want to do.

No offense but i really don’t like it… her long locks are better.

I’d still do her. lol

I think she cut her hair in part to make herself a little bit less reconisable, if i saw her on some street in new york I would pass her bye with out a second glance

@LOla:

And what’s wrong with being the girl who played Hermoinie? I don’t see anything wrong with that. She looks adorable , she pulled that pixie off better than most of the stars who have done it in the past besides Mia Farrow . She would look pretty in any hair style she has the face and the bone structure for it. Just because you get used to seeing someone with one style and don’t like it , doesn’t mean they shouldn’t sport it if they can pull it off. And she has sweetie! She’s far from looking like a boy, if a boy looked like that , to me it would mean he was a boy trying to be a girl. Kudos to you Emma !

Omg no no no, she cant pull this off at all, she hasnt got a strong enough face

@ck: If she were, why would it matter?

yourkittycat @ 11/12/2010 at 1:38 pm

she looks so pretty!! i love the haircut and she has a beautiful face!

Well I think she looks stunning, she has such pretty eyes and the cut brings them out. How many young people experiment with their looks, and she likely had a contract keeping her from getting a haircut! I think she looks fantastic.

Eleanor Maw @ 11/16/2010 at 2:47 am

Some women look great with short hair, but all Watson does is make herself look like a 12 year old school boy, just shows that all she did have going for in the past was her nice long hair, now that’s gone there is nothing.

I really don’t like it. It’s ugly :( Her long hair was so beautiful.

Carly Willis @ 11/18/2010 at 6:27 pm

It looks AMAZING! Way to go! It looks so lovely on her!

Lo importante es que estes feliz, si querias hacerlo hace años, bienvenido sea ! You r so pretty!

She looks like a mix between Mia Farrow and Sinead O’Connor. I like it!

She’s still a babe

Uhm…if she has filming left to do, couldn’t they just get her a wig?

OOO sweet jezzuz i hope they have allready filmed part two or at the very least that she will have her long hair in it. Emma we all love you and i think it’s a very brave hair cut but personally i think it’s awefull.

She looks good, I think I liked the long hair better but good for her if she wanted it short. Besides who are we to judge somebody elses hair style she probably already gets tons of pressure, also anybody who thinks short hair on girls is lesbian I think they are judgemental stereotyping dickheads who should mind their own business. Emma is a free spirited smart young woman and she should feel perfectly free to style herself however she sees fit.

She looks great with short or long hair!

I have to say that Emma looks awesome… but different from what she used to look like. I think it would feel refreshing, and Emma has freedom too. I have to say that I liked the old hair better, though.

Real beauty isn’t defined by the length of ones hair and Emma is a perfect example of that. Hair can grow back, either way, she looks perfect with or without her longer hair.

And yes…’We Like’!

@Lucy: BE QUIET YOU FREAK!

George Henry @ 07/11/2011 at 6:00 pm

IF, Emma cut her hair to donate it to Locks-of-love, then it would be all right for her to cut it and re-grow it to make further donations.
However, as any psychiatrist will tell you, women who have long hair then cut it, is regarded as a form of suicide.

And no, she does not look good in her so called pixie hair-dont.