Katie Holmes: 'Don't Be Afraid of the Dark' Trailer!

Katie Holmes: 'Don't Be Afraid of the Dark' Trailer!

Check out the new trailer for the upcoming horror thriller, Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark. Def looks creepy!!!

Synopsis: Sally Hurst (Bailee Madison), a lonely, withdrawn child, has just arrived in Rhode Island to live with her father Alex (Guy Pearce) and his new girlfriend Kim (Katie Holmes) at the 19th-century mansion they are restoring. While exploring the sprawling estate, the young girl discovers a hidden basement, undisturbed since the strange disappearance of the mansion’s builder a century ago. When Sally unwittingly lets loose a race of ancient, dark-dwelling creatures who conspire to drag her down into the mysterious house’s bottomless depths, she must convince Alex and Kim that it’s not a fantasy—before the evil lurking in the dark consumes them all.

Katie Holmes: ‘Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark’ Trailer!

Mike Coppola/Getty
  • Rihanna reunites with her ex-boyfriend Drake in NYC- US Weekly
  • Jackie Chan is ashamed of his son after weed bust in China- TMZ
  • Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson rocky romance rumors completely false- Gossip Cop
  • Ariana Grande streams four new songs from her upcoming album- Just Jared Jr
  • Sin City co-director Frank Miller remembers Brittany Murphy- Huffington Post
  • Johnny Depp's daughter Lily Rose is heading to the big screen- Lainey Gossip
  • Selena Gomez kills the fashion game yet again- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
jensenLUVER tanya @ 08/05/2010 at 2:05 pm

oh geez that creeped me out!! LOL i will def see that!!

This looks great. Katie is a great actress, I love her!

Interesting! Though I will say, the CGI looks a lil’ on the cheap side.

Isn’t Guillermo Del Toro the one who doesn’t hesitate to kill children in his movies?

omg at that last scene :D my heart almoust stoped

Scared the sh*t outta me.

Hmmm looks interesting. His other movie PAN’S LABYRINTH was good!!

hey dude! @ 08/05/2010 at 3:13 pm

at this point it doesn’t matter who the director, co-stars, etc., are. if tom or katie’s names is attached to a project it will bomb in the U.S.. Americans can’t stand those two manipulative freaks. no need to cry. they’ll still recoup losses overseas like what happened with knight and day. let’s just hope at some point they decide to stay in south america or europe or wherever.

Looks fantastic, can’t wait to see it.

I can’t wait to see it. Looks AWESOME!!! PAN’S LABYRINTH is one of my favorite movies.

@hey dude!: That’s fine by me! They can come and live in the UK :)

hey dude! @ 08/05/2010 at 3:20 pm

@LJ:
Thanks LJ!!! We appreciate your taking those two whack jobs off our hands!!

@hey dude!: You’re very welcome :D

Everything_But_the_Girl @ 08/05/2010 at 3:28 pm

I was staring at a blank screen for 60+seconds..WTF! The marketing genius behind this production better come up with a better trailer..will only work in theatres bcoz u don’t have a choice but to remain in ur seats!

I support Katie Holmes for putting up to so much abuse from the media, public and XEnu!

@Everything_But_the_Girl: I agree, the first part of this trailer is annoying.

wow, this looks seriously disturbing. must see

Annika Hansen @ 08/05/2010 at 4:03 pm

I’m loving all the positive comments! I really think this film is gonna be a hit!

I love a good scary movie! According to the website this film isn’t out untill the 21st of January. Isn’t it a bit early for a trailer? Perhaps there’s more to come.

I do not like katie, I do not want to sponsor her and her interests, but I do like Guillermo del Toro. What can I do?

Just dreaming Kate takes over @ 08/05/2010 at 4:29 pm

Watch out Guy Pearce …!!!! Katie owns this movie no way is he going
to be in any publicity..just her and her alone..!!!!! So see how the
Video starts with her already…and the director said that it is a Katie
movie!!! So Just sit back and let Kate the mate takes over..!!

Guillermo is brilliant even Katie can’t ruin this movie

remake of a TV movie from the early 70s w/ kim darby and william (uncle charlie from “my 3 sons”) demerest.

will hold judgement.

The voice at the beginning reminds me of Voldemort from Harry Potter for some reason, but anyways it looks like a wicked scary movie. Can’t wait to see it!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All