Sara Bareilles Covers 'Single Ladies'

Sara Bareilles Covers 'Single Ladies'

Sara Bareilles puts her own spin on Beyonce‘s hit song “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)” for Billboard‘s Mashup Mondays!

The 30-year-old musician told Billboard, “If I’m gonna do a cover of a song, I want to completely reinterpret it.”

“It would be hard to imagine it as sort of a doo-wop-y, voice-and-piano kind of song, so I started fooling around with that on the piano, and it ended up being something super-fun,” Sara added.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Sara‘s version – YAY or NAY?

Sara Bareilles – ‘Single Ladies’

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

God I wish this song would just fking die. Please! NAY!

I think that it’s cute in a jazzy little way. I wonder whats the cost to cover a song? Anyone knows please do tell.

She made it sound like “The Hokey Pokey”

I usually LOVE Sara B. HOWEVER, this is probs her worst idea ever.

Cristobal @ 08/09/2010 at 6:12 pm

I like it and like it as her an artist.

Love it,,,,,,,

Woah that was amazing.

hahaa omg this song is awesome :)

uknowuluvme @ 08/09/2010 at 6:44 pm

I do like it!

Beyonce>>>>

soniaintown @ 08/09/2010 at 7:25 pm

I think she can use her beautiful voice on some other way less idiotic songs.
She apparently is talented, why wasted it on a stupid song!

great job! Sarah’s a really talented song writer too so not surprised she was able to re-imagine this song.

I n F a m o u s l y C o o l @ 08/09/2010 at 8:20 pm

…very cute. no matter how much hate beyonce gets it’s undeniable how hugeeeeee all her songs are. ahahahahahahaha

She just made that song worthless. Its a nice song an upbeat song and she sang it like a cat trying to claw its way out of a hole.

Oh lawd… a bit passé, no?

I liked it! I could actually understand the words in this version. LOL

Annabella @ 08/10/2010 at 1:59 am

I like it, I just cant watch the video. I cant get over her AWFULLY ugly nose and the way she moves her lips. Otherwise, i like it and i like her (VOICE)

Horrible! And FYI, a white woman should not be singing, “Cuz another brother noticed me.”

Shekwanda Jones @ 08/10/2010 at 12:06 pm

it sounds great…

i dont like her version. but she’s cute.

this is great
YAY

I wish this song would die already!!!!

@BEAN:

Queen Bey and the results of good music. This cover is awful though.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All