Report: Jennifer Lopez Out As 'Idol' Judge

Report: Jennifer Lopez Out As 'Idol' Judge

Jennifer Lopez is no longer being considered as a judge on American Idol’s tenth season.

Late last month, news broke that the 41-year-old entertainer was a likely addition to the show; however, a source tells People that the deal has fallen through.

“Her demands got out of hand,” People’s source said simply. “FOX had just had enough.”

Steven Tyler has also reportedly been offered a spot on the judging panel.

Credit: Jemal Countess; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Jennifer Lopez

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

I have to say this is the single least surprising news I have heard all year! For some reason J.Lo thinks this is still the year 2000. YOUR NOT THAT HOT RIGHT NOW SWEETIE! Your gonna have to claw your way back up to the top before you can go all DIVA again! No more “all white” rooms for you!

She looks different here-def. done something to her face, maybe filler in her cheeks? Her whole face looks fuller.

She’s flopping as hard as Christina Aguilera, didn’t have a hit since “Get Right” in 2004. She can’t even sing, if someone should act like a DIVA it’s definitely NOT her.

Brightside @ 08/11/2010 at 1:37 pm

Can’t believe she would be so stupid as to let her diva behaviour lose a chance to star on what is a real plum of a show. What a fool! Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

SOoo glad to hear this, she annoys me so much! I hope the Steven Tyler thing falls through too. I like Steven and he can give great interviews, but I have serious doubts he would be good as a judge. IDK maybe I’m wrong about him.

Not a bit surprised. Her demands were always outrageous. You can check out her performance contracts on The Smoking Gun and see how diva-ish and unreasonable she really is.

Thank god. I hate her.

I n F a m o u s l y C o o l @ 08/11/2010 at 2:15 pm

ahahahahahahaa.. she’s one of those people who think way to highly of themselves. her career’s been dead for what.. 7-9 years now?!? ahahahahahahaa.. she would of made the joke a fcuking joke, they’re much better off without her.

SORRY BUT @ 08/11/2010 at 2:32 pm

I LOVE JLO

@yo sista: Don’t compare this troll to Xtina! Christina has talent, J.Lo was always just a transparent wannabe. She was bound to fall off sooner or later.

@yo sista: Don’t compare this mess to Xtina! Christina has talent, unlike this wannabe. She was always bound to fall off eventually!

She used to be so hot and talented in the year 2000, the actual number one!
And to me Christina Aguilera is just ridiculous.

purple poet @ 08/11/2010 at 4:45 pm

J. Lo is already a has been. She was always all hype and PR but now people aren’t even interested enough to let her media ***** anymore. She thinks she is so great and worthy of Oscars in her interviews. She’s delusional. She thinks she’s the latina Elizabeth Taylor and it’s a joke. This is what overexposure gets you.

JESSICA SIMPLETON FOR THE WIN!!!! HOPE SHE GETS PAULA’S SEAT :) hehe

Thank God she’s out! I couldn’t bear to hear her judge people when she herself is a NO-TALENT!! Her career was just sheer luck and it has FINALLY come to an end. And the funny, or pathetic thing is, that she is still demanding and demanding……… What is wrong with you?? STAY AT HOME. YOU ARE TOO AGGRAVATING TO BE OUT AND ABOUT!!!!!

MARIA FROM TEXAS @ 08/11/2010 at 4:58 pm

HEY, JENNIFER–YOU BLEW IT. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING.? YOUR PRIME HAS BEEN GONE FOR A LONG TIME. SELENA QUINTANILLA , (MY IDOL)— YOU NEVER WERE. HER VOICE WAS EXRTRAORDINARY. ONE MORE TIME, YOU BLEW IT, CHANCES LIKE THIS COME ONCE IN A MILLION YEARS. —–ANOTHER THING, YOU ARE NOT 20 ANYMORE.

Anti-Septic @ 08/11/2010 at 6:12 pm

She was a terrible celebrity guest on Idle, the contestants did not perform well that week due to her non-existent musical background. She is a terrible judge of talent and should in no way be a judge for Idol.

Only reason she is famous is hard work and her big juicy behind. As a singer she has a very limited octive range and sings everything in the same key mostly, all her songs sound the same to me, she is a washed up has been.

Good, glad she’s gone…I don’t know why they choose her anyway. Maybe they whould look at Harry Connick Jr., he would make a good judge.

She Stinks! @ 08/11/2010 at 7:03 pm

No surprise here, yet another failure for J-NO talent. No one would watch this sloppy used up has been attempt to judge real singers. She’s nothing but grubby greedy low class trash.

She is finally getting paid back for all the horrible things she has done. She can’t sing, act, dance, raise children or design clothes.

I can’t wait until her ‘demands’, start to leak to the press. This old battle-axe has to realize its not 1999 anymore. What a tragic, pathetic mess!

It’s for the better. Her career is not what it use to be and being in AI will not improve it. She should accept her musical career is over and concentrate in acting, producing and motherhood.

I love J. Lo BuT she is dumb because I think that AI was a great opportunity for her career.

What a b!tc#

Maybe they can get Floptina for cheaper, I hear she had loads of time these days….lmao!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All