Reese Witherspoon: Church Service with Jim Toth!

Reese Witherspoon: Church Service with Jim Toth!

Reese Witherspoon and her boyfriend, Hollywood agent Jim Toth, take her kids Ava and Deacon to attend a morning church service on Sunday (August 15) in Culver City, Calif.

Earlier this week, the trailer for Reese’s new movie, How Do You Know, was released. She plays pro softball player Lisa Jorgenson, who gets into a love triangle with a corporate executive (Paul Rudd) and a major league pitcher (Owen Wilson).

10+ pictures inside of church couple Reese Witherspoon and Jim Toth

• Macklemore is the latest victim of a death hoax- Gossip Cop
  • Check out cast portraits for Jane the Virgin - Just Jared Jr
  • Bill Hader will host Saturday Night Live- Entertainment Weekly
  • Ana Braga shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
commonsense @ 08/15/2010 at 5:05 pm

I find it so disturbing that people dress so casually to go to church. I guess I’m old school.

Wow Ava looks just like mom, and Deacan is a mini Ryan,cute kiddies, they also look well behaved and calm.

Pattycake @ 08/15/2010 at 5:10 pm

I see both of her parents in Ava’s looks. But holy moly does Deacon look like his daddy. Cute kids.

@Jade: Absolutely. Cute family!

To “Common Sense” ~ I used to think that before, too, but I think God cares far more about what’s in our hearts and how we treat others than He does about our clothing! :)

Dance In The Dark @ 08/15/2010 at 5:40 pm

She’s dressed rather inappropriately for church … mind you they all are.

Reese and Jim “act” annoyed at the photographers…as if they didn’t know they’d be out there! Ha, ha!

Poor kids. Photo opportunities come first. Those kids look really happy and energetic being around Jimmyboy. NOT.

I think that going to church in CA, especially southern CA, is much more casual than other areas of the country. Depends on the denomination too. Some churches have a “modern” and “traditional” service where the dress and music are quite different.

lexy hates bilson @ 08/15/2010 at 5:57 pm

JJ you should be ashamed posting these pics! Stop encouraging the paps to nag celebs during their private time with their kids!!

At least she goes to church every Sunday! Name another celebrity you see at church every week? Better yet, when was the last time your ass was even near a church!?

I doubt God cares how people dress. Damn, some people are soooooo uptight!

AnonymousDiva @ 08/15/2010 at 6:01 pm

I can assure you, commonsense, the Presbyterian Church – and many other denominations – care far more about the fact that you’re THERE on Sunday than over something as shallow as what you’re wearing.

Iffy Miffy @ 08/15/2010 at 6:04 pm

Oh lovely, brainwashing while they’re young. Woo, Reese. Not.

I agree with Iffy Miffy. Church at too young of an age = brainwashing. Let them discover for themselves that Christianity is for wackos!

ManistH0n @ 08/15/2010 at 6:10 pm

Dominic @ 08/15/2010 at 5:58 pm +1

—————————-
MELL GIBSON !
It doesn’t matter if you go to church or not to determine iof you are a better person. What really matters is how you live your life and do good to others. Plenty of c*nts and even some criminals go to church and pray every day.

Pattycake @ 08/15/2010 at 6:11 pm

@Dominic: Now, now, is that a Christian attitude? There are lots of celeb’s who attend their church or synagogue or mosque or temple…but only one who gets her pictures taken regularly. Not frequently, but regularly. Hmmm. What does that tell me?

Reese shops around for churchs she goes to about three different ones a few times a year and then talks about it in interviews like she goes every week.

Her children never laugh or smile when they are with her. Never. And Toth hardly seems part of the group. He isn’t holding hands with anyone, not even the little girl.

Wow she doesn’t miss a chance to get her face out there does she?

I too was surprised at the very casual wear on Jim and the kids. Growing up we wore dresses to church. Guess times have changed, way too much for my taste for sure. It shows respect to dress for Church, just as one should for Court.

Her kids are gorgeous and adorable but I don’t like Reese. I just think she’s a big phoney.

I can’t believe that those kids are looking so much like Ryan lately.

I think certain denominations, the “newer” ones are more casual where the traditional one’s are still about having respect in a house of worship.

This is where the phrase wearing your “Sunday best” comes from. You could be wearing rags and no shoes during the week but even the most rural and poor always had something decent for church service. If they couldn’t buy it, they made it. Novel idea huh? People were more “green” and economical decades ago than today.

Religion is part of culture so I don’t agree with the person who says it’s “brainwashing” .

As a Christian, to me it is better that they are going to church vs what they wear. What I dont understand is the life they are living outside of church. The Bible exressly forbids fornication.. that is the issue to me. But it isnt up to me, everyone must answer for their own.

justin@#17 is right.

I don’t think they attended an actual church service. If this picture is church related at all, maybe there was a program from some summer youth daycamp connected to the church and they attended.

The only reason we think it’s a church service is because some stupid caption that came with the photos. Probably from Reese’s PR people. Do you really think the photographers just happened to be hanging around waiting for someone famous to show up. This was on purpose. Another photo opportunity.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All