Trevor Donovan Talks About His Gay Character -- EXCLUSIVE

Trevor Donovan Talks About His Gay Character -- EXCLUSIVE

Trevor Donovan shows Just Jared a little love at the Breakthrough of the Year Awards presented by Crest 3D White at the Pacific Design Center on Sunday (August 15) in West Hollywood, Calif.

Here’s what the rising actor had to share exclusively with JustJared.com:

On his character going gay on 90210: “It was cool when they came to me with it, I was honored, flattered that they thought I could take on something like this and handle it in the way it’s being written and what we shot so far is done very, very smart, very intelligent. It’s really going to deal with his inner turmoil, the battle, and the struggles for self acceptance that I don’t think gets addressed enough.”

On his female fans being heartbroken: “It’s not an immediate thing and it’s not a cut and dry situation; there’s going to be a gray area, a transition.”

On Proposition 8 getting overturned: “I think it’s great that they are going back and revisiting it. To me it’s a no brainer, it’s like, why would there even be a question. There are traditions people hold fast to those things, and some people are scared of change, and to me it’s not change, it’s just people.”

trevor donovan breakthrough of the year awards 01
trevor donovan breakthrough of the year awards 02
trevor donovan breakthrough of the year awards 03
trevor donovan breakthrough of the year awards 04
trevor donovan breakthrough of the year awards 05

• How many glasses of wine can Gerard Depardieu drink a day?- US Weekly
  • Joan Rivers' doctor was also Celine Dion's doctor- TMZ
  • Macklemore is the latest victim of a death hoax- Gossip Cop
  • Check out cast portraits for Jane the Virgin - Just Jared Jr
  • Bill Hader will host Saturday Night Live- Entertainment Weekly
  • Ana Braga shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

ye~Share your life and love with friends online.
(( M i x e d M a t c h i n g /DOT/ C^o^m)), it is a dating service for black and white people to find their true love.maybe you will like it.Sign up for free and find your girl or guy.

He’s a dream boat. So wise and good looking

JokerGirl @ 08/16/2010 at 7:31 pm

@TrevDon said:

I read all your tweets and know you are all curious about the “gay” character this season. Let me say, gay or straight, relationships are relationships. Everyone goes through the same kind of troubles and joys. A gay storyline will have an added issue of dealing with judgment from others. Acceptance, by family, friends, society and self is just one of the concerns the character will be going through. It is a part of life, and it should be portrayed. I was told, and am confident the storyline will be written very well and the change in the character will be organic, NOT overnight. It’s going to be a great season 3. I look forward to chatting with you all as we progress

Girlfriends @ 08/16/2010 at 7:32 pm

@TrevDon said:

Are they making the character gay so that no one questions why he looks decades older than all his co-stars?
“Hey, what’s with the old guy?”
“Oh, him? He’s not old…he’s GAY!”

He is too freaking old to be playing a high school student!!!!!

just like his character, he’ll come out in real life

‘On his female fans being heartbroken’

Oh god……..fangirls. You know…..I have honestly never been turned on by guy/girl Twilight-type relationship portrayals. I don’t want vag! lol. Give me two hot guys ANY DAY.

I don’t watch the show. Does he play a HS student? Because if he does, LOL.

He looks like a wax statue.

@um: He looks it.

@Ellie: LOL, AfcukingMen to that.

He could pass for late 30s yet he’s playing a teenager lmao. He should stop tanning…..

NOT attractive. : /

He is soooooo HOT. Teddy and Silver were great but I love Teddy either way. @trevdon is the best twitter celeb ever! I can’t get enough of him

Twila Twiligh @ 08/16/2010 at 9:10 pm

His body is amazing. Gay or not I’ll still like his character hes funny. I’m not a bigot or ageist .

man, his face is a MESS up close.

He looks cute enough from far.

Buttaface.

he’s sexy as hell and that deep voice Hmmmmm I want his babies

he seems like a smart guy, I might just have to start watching 90210 :)

eww. he is to old to play a H.S! I hate teddy anyway

ARE YOU SERIOUS JARED? WHY ARE YOU POSTING THIS? I DIDNT OPEN THE POST WHERE YOU REVEAL WICH ONE IS THE GAY CHARACTER (BECAUSE I ACTUALLY WATCH THE SHOW AND DIDNT WANT TO KNOW!!!!!) AND NOW YOU POST THIS?

Brightside @ 08/17/2010 at 1:01 am

I hope he’s gay because I hate it when Hollywood puts straight men in gay roles. There are lots of handsome and talented gay actors who could use a part like this because Hollywood can be remarkably biased about employing minority groups and even more biased about giving them good roles. It would be nice to see Hollywood embracing more diversity.

@popi:

Uh He’s just right. Lovely

he needs a more youthful hairstyle then he could pass for younger

Too bad you completely spoiled me with this post. I really didn’t want to know why was the gay character yet. :(

Seriously him a teenager?lmao he has 31…
The gay storyline seems cool and even if teddy/silver are awful to watch together I don’t think Trevor is able to play a gay character because he can’t act he’s the worst actor CW ever had

I think he looks great. He photo’s well. I’ll watch

our cougar club shamelessly watches 90210. he’s guilt free lusting for us LOL

hank the T @ 08/19/2010 at 1:29 pm

Love him no matter what

DutchGerm @ 08/19/2010 at 1:44 pm

Berlin loves Trevor!

love looking at Trevor

that boy does me good. u hot baby boy love ur body

Silvia Esq @ 09/15/2010 at 12:29 am

Mexico love Trevor too. Besso

10 out of 10 for Trevor Donovan. Love looking at that man

He’s the only reason I’m watching this show.

Actually i’m a guy and i’m really really turned on by him !! i’m 18 soon to be 19 on august BUT i would date him sooo baaad, he is like…my crush and the perfect man for me because i’ve always liked older mans and he is 32 ( perfect age for me ) i’m all into him and i’m watching 90210 just because of him !!!
and yeah i’m GAY !