Backstreet Boys & New Kids on the Block Touring Together Too?!

Backstreet Boys & New Kids on the Block Touring Together Too?!

Backstreet Boys and New Kids on the Block are close to signing a deal with Live Nation Entertainment to tour together this Spring, according to E!.

The tour, which is described to be an evening of Expendables-meets-boy-band, is even searching for a third group to join the fun, with Boyz II Men being at the top of the list.

Backstreet Boys and New Kids on the Block joined the stage together last June at Radio City Music Hall for an impromptu performance of the Backstreet classic, “I Want It That Way.”

The management teams for both groups are even trying to get the boys together to record a single before the start of the tour!

WOULD YOU GO TO a BSB-NKOTB concert in your town?

Getty

I’ve already been to the last 2 BSB concerts and loved them both. And im up for the next BSB concert, so it doesnt really bother me who they tour with, as long as those 4 boys are there singing, im happy :)

Sounds like unbearable torture.

I LOVE BACKSTREET BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY!

Already been to 2 NKOTB concerts in the past 2 years..Even got to meet them with my mom in May. They are amazing live :)

As long as BSB are there, I’m going. Their concerts this year have been *amazing*.

OMG. i would pay so much for this!

YES! This sounds very exciting!

Please God, let this be true!!!

YES PLEASE HAPPEN!!!
been to the past 2 bsb concerts and last years NKOTB one too!! amazing

YAYYY!! I was just thinking about this like last week!
I am so going!

OMG I LOVE THE BACKSTREET BOYS… and I knew!!! they had many intentions when sang together in June (?)

saw BSB in Toronto this weekend and…AMAZING!! i would see them again with or without NK lol.

BSB still actually exists? I thought they were extinct.

I hope they can recreate the boy band phenomenon.

douchfest 2010…look at these old, irrelevant, hasbeen, talentless boy bands making bubble gum pop music…they should really quit already. nostalgia for the earlier days may be a powerful, beautiful thing, but this is like torture

I’m ashamed to say it but I’d definantly go…..if the tickets weere free :)

I’m ashamed to say it but I’d definantly go…..If the tickets were free :)

............. @ 08/17/2010 at 11:14 pm

LMAO.

Not Impressed by AJ @ 08/17/2010 at 11:21 pm

@Jen:

Jealous of their talent much?

HO C´MON CLOSET FANS, I WILL , I MEAN THEY ARE GOOD AND THEY LOOK GREAT, AND HELL, THEY ALL HAVE A FEW VERY VERY GOOD SONGS, AND SOME ARE CLASSICS, SO F*ING YES!

@Not Impressed by AJ:

Those idiots are a lot of things. Talented isn’t one of them.

You morons really need to broaden your horizons if this is seriously the kind of crap you like.

saw BSB in June, can’t wait

boyz 2 men might be pushing it.

YES, PLEASE!!! BEST CONCERT LINEUP EVER!!!

I would go to support NKOTB. They are awesome!

Spice Girls, Blue, or Boy Zone needs to be on that list!

hmm i hope i meet them, they’re staying at the hotel i work at! sweet :)

Hell yeah I would go!

I love NKOTB and have seen them many times in the last 2 years. They are awesome! While I don’t mind BSB, I would much prefer to see NKOTB on their own. NKOTB and BSB have differerent fans from different age groups. While BSB’s fans are mostly in their early 20s, NKOTB fans are in their 30s and 40s. While they’re both boybands, this is not the same demographic. I hope that NKOTB headline this show if it happens, but please guys, just tour on your own.

Also, it would be cool if Kevin joined the BSB for this tour! Since all 5 members of NKOTB are touring together.

NKOTB is a huge part of my teenage years and BSB is great too!
I would go in a heart beat!

I love both bands! I hope they make this happen! :)

I love NKOTB with all my heart & I will follow them to wherever they want to go but I do not want to share the place with BSB fans .
NKOTB always has sold out concerts and it makes no sense to just add another band. It’s not our fault that BSB is unable to sell concerts so they need more audience

I’ve seen both NKOTB and BSB in concert. They are very different but both are GREAT. I will definitely attend the show. :) CANT WAIT!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
NKOTB is the best, and bsb well they are ok.

Rachel Green @ 08/18/2010 at 5:28 am

NK are fantastic, they look great and still rocks on stage, so absolutly yes!

oooooooooohhhhhhh the right stuff!

You have got to be kidding me.

been a NKOTB fan since I’m 6 :)
Loved the BSB when they came around (cuz NKOTB were gone? hmmm maybe)
LOVED the NKOTB show 2yrs ago BUT HATTED the BSB show I saw 2days ago :( So dissapointed! :(

If I have to compare, NKOTB have more personnality now I’d say,
more presence on stage, better showman (Having Donnie in the group helps :P Mr entertainer, LOVIN it! :P )
So I’m not sure if i’d like it…

Seriously, we know that this in mainly about money for both groups BUT BSB really made me feel like I was JUST bout it…

Maybe having them on stage with NKOTB could help or could drown them all so im not so sure,
but it’d be interesting to try n see,

Abee

I should be on tour with them!! brrr

jensenLUVER tanya @ 08/18/2010 at 9:35 am

OMG R U KIDDIN ME??!!! THIS IS AWESOME!!! A DREAM COME TRUE!! HAV 2 C THEM 2GETHER!! CANT WAIT!! LUV THEM ALL!!!

CIDELIA 78 @ 08/18/2010 at 10:13 am

ouiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii tu moment qu’ils reviennent à Parissssssssssssss

We just want NKOTB !!!!!!

I’m not a fan of NKOTB
But i’m a HUGE BsB fan .& it would be freaking awesome if Boyz ll Men also joined , it would be like the best r&b/pop tour ever.

i’ll go , but i’m afraid of big crowds :/

@Jen: Then don’t go and you’ll have nothing to worry about.

@Jen: So don’t go then and you’ll have nothing to worry about.

Sounds great! I would def. go

Hmm…… I’m a hug huge BSB fan and to be honest I’d rather they do their own concert and album. I think a show with NKOTB is unlikely to come here to Sweden anyway and I just want my BOYS!

100% I WILL BE THERE. THIS IS A FREAKIN DREAM COME TRUE!

I love NKOTB! I just wish it was Nsync touring with them!

Can’t wait!! BSB are AMAZING live. Will see them for tge second time this year alone on Sunday. Would love Boys II Men or even 98* to join them!

WICKED WENCH @ 08/18/2010 at 6:04 pm

So much gay in one place. I bet there’s a rainbow over the music hall during their concerts.

OMG!!! yes I want it! NKOTB forever!! Argentina is waiting for New Kids!!!

Go BSB! :) You’re the best!!!
But I can’t stand NKOTB haha

Go BSB! :) You’re the best!!!
But I can’t stand NKOTB haha

@WICKED WENCH:

LOSER, always the same joke. Grow up, and be respectful with the fanatism of some people for both groups. BTW, they’re all VERY talented.

DIEHARD BSB FAN since 1997!! LOVE EM def will be there! Yeeaaah hopefully they come to Canada…if not…hellooo roadtrip!

@JC:
if you don’t like them then don’t listen to them!! you have your tastes, we have ours. don’t bad mouth us because we like BsB. it’s because of fans like us they are still going strong. i don’t care what anyone says, i will always love BsB. i lost a friend because he was making fun of them and i don’t regret it one bit. i don’t need friends like that. i have enough **** in my life then to care what other people have to say about what i like and don’t like.

LisaNicole @ 08/19/2010 at 8:50 am

uhhh frick yes!!!! sonds to good to be true! I’ve already been to 4 BSB concerts and 3 of NKOTB. This will be the best night of life hands down!

Kraftydin @ 08/19/2010 at 8:56 am

Bring it ON!!!! Perfect timing….having MAJOR NKOTB withdrawllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll right now!!!! If THE BLOCK come to T.O. again I could care less who they tour with cuz I am sooooooooo there no matter what!!:):)

I think this is the best marketing idea ever. Both groups are extremely talented and creative so I think it would be an amazinf idea. New kids were my first group that I loved when I was 8 and backstreet boys have been my favorite group of all time so I’m excited to see this tour.

Hell ya I’d go!!! Just saw BSB last week for the 4th time and have seen NKOTB 5 times. (As well as a single concert given by Donnie and a single concert given by Joey). Saving my pennies and counting down the days already!!!

just the idea of this makes me wanna jump around and scream from excitement!!! DO IT DO IT DO IT!!! :)

Ive seen bsb twice! Just saw them this year again and back in 1998.
Ive never seen NKOTB. I would love to.
and if both of them came to Raleigh, NC in Concert it would blow my mind!

I love Nkotb and I am sure many people have something to say about it. But the fact is those people are on this page right now reading what fans have to say about our boys. So, back to how I feel about the concert: I think that it is hard enough for fans to get tickets to concerts this is just going to make it harder. I LOVE NKOTB and I also love rock, r&b, classical, and 90′s rap. So, there!

before you say their not talented go check out this vid of bsb singing a capella and then try to say they suck.

ChocoHoHoe @ 08/26/2010 at 8:29 pm

*sigh* probably going..Not happy about BSB being there..Not knocking what anyone else likes, I just prefer only NKOTB. Or if BSB has to be there, hopefully they’ll open so I can come later when NKOTB hits the stage.

When I saw that on Showbiz Tonight in their newsticker segment, I was excited! Even though they were 10 years apart during their hit making runs, this is a perfect touring package for 2011! I liked New Kids on the Block in their late ’80s peak and Backstreet Boys at their late ’90s peak for their music alone. Not too crazy about the merchandise. And I hope that both groups do a song together–can you just imagine their harmonies blending together in one song? I’m sure that that crowds’ jaws dropped at Radio City Music Hall when both groups sang BSB’s I Want it That Way on the same stage! That might have led someone deciding on that tour!

OMFG! This is going to be SOOO amazing! I’ve seen BSB twice, once being last week. They. were. AMAZING!! The ONLY thing that can make this tour better, is if WOW opened for them!! NKOTB were mostly 80′s, BSB were 90′s (both crossed into the next decade) and WOW started in 2009, and is only getting stronger as the year(s) have gone by! They’ve opened for Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Emily Osment, Miley Cyrus, and went to Europe and toured with Westlife for the whole month of May! They are absolutely spectacular! Y’all should check them out at (www. wowthegroup .com) (Take away the spaces)

Yes. This Will Be My 4th BSB Concert!

I have seen both in concert and I would absolutely go to this one!!!!!!!! IT WOULD BE AN AMAZING CONCERT!!!! :-)