Top Stories

Betty White Wins Emmy for 'SNL' Hosting Gig

Betty White Wins Emmy for 'SNL' Hosting Gig

Betty White has taken home her seventh career Emmy!

The 88-year-old actress was awarded for her performance on SNL. Betty beat out Kristin Chenoweth, Jane Lynch, Christine Baranski, Elaine Stritch and Kathryn Joosten for the award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series.

FYI: Betty won her first Emmy in 1952 for the sitcom Life with Elizabeth!

WHICH WAS YOUR FAVORITE sketch from Betty‘s SNL appearance?

Like Just Jared on Facebook
Credit: Bryan Bedder; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Betty White, Saturday Night Live

JJ Links Around The Web

Getty
  • Marc Anthony regrets not being there for his kids - US Weekly
  • Prince traveled miles for an alleged pill addiction - TMZ
  • Miley Cyrus and Elsa Pataky got matching tattoos - Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Skylar Stecker and Silento's new song - Just Jared Jr
  • Beyonce and Jay Z remove their wedding rings - Radar
  • Mandy Moore is going to make you nostalgic - Huffington Post
  • Watch Queen Elizabeth do some trash talking - Lainey Gossip
  • Hamilton pays tribute to Rent's 20th anniversary - The Hollywood Reporter
  • madmax

    YAY BETTY! you go girl! I love her! she is like everyone’s fave grandmother. She was hysterical on SNL.

  • http://haveithollywood.blogspot.com/ Erika

    Cool…

  • http://twitter.com/JordanSprague Jordan

    WRONG.. she has SEVEN Emmys

  • http://twitter.com/JordanSprague Jordan

    She actually has SEVEN Emmys

  • http://twitter.com/JordanSprague Jordan

    whoops, posted twice

  • melissa

    Actually she has five emmys

  • Jam

    Nice to see that the Emmys still have those high standards…

  • http://Jtxmdj Slig

    Good hith like my grandmother

  • Eric Shinn

    I wanna give Betty a CREAM PIE!!!!!!!

  • http://twitter.com/JordanSprague Jordan

    Here is the list of her previous Emmys..

    Outstanding Lead Actress – Comedy Series
    1952 Life With Elizabeth
    1986 The Golden Girls

    Outstanding Supporting Actress – Comedy Series
    1975 The Mary Tyler Moore Show
    1976 The Mary Tyler Moore Show

    Outstanding Host/Hostess in a Game or Audience Participation Show
    1983 Just Men!

    Outstanding Guest Actress – Comedy Series
    1996 The John Larroquette Show
    2010 Saturday Night Live

  • well

    Betty White rocks and I bet St. Olaf stood up and roared. Stop hating on Betty cuz the ole Golden Girl don’t give a sh!t, go Betty!

  • DJR

    holdup!! how did she win? how do they know she won if the awards aren’t until sunday the 29th??!!!!

  • laverdadduele

    Good for her, now please go away!

  • http://twitter.com/JordanSprague Jordan

    because there are so many awards, they give 75% of them out the weekend before, and the other 25% are presented at the live ceremony (which would be next Sunday on NBC)

  • http://sms-kredits.blogspot.com Alfons

    omite ari tikusi kadra ! Jauki

  • http://www.123-reg.co.uk/ domain search

    Betty has had a long life career that deserves rewarded and this Emmy is just part of the reward. I hope I’ll hear of here a lot more from now on.

A Member of Townsquare Entertainment News | Advertise here