Jeremy Renner to Star in 'Mission: Impossible 4'

Jeremy Renner to Star in 'Mission: Impossible 4'

Jeremy Renner will star opposite Tom Cruise in the upcoming action-thriller Mission: Impossible 4, according to Deadline.

The 39-year-old actor, who was nominated for an Oscar for his star turn in The Hurt Locker, will play an operative in the film and may carry the series in the future should Tom‘s Ethan Hunt character not return for another sequel.

Jeremy will next be seen in The Town opposite Ben Affleck and in the star studded flick The Avengers.

WHAT DO YOU THINK about Jeremy starring in Mission: Impossible 4?

Credit: John Shearer/Gareth Cattermole; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Jeremy Renner, Tom Cruise

Christopher Polk/Getty

So Boring….why don’t you talk about interesting and Indie Movies, like the last flick with the WON-DER-FUL Mark Ruffalo (That I admire and love so much).

I heard that this movie called THE KIDS ARE ALLRIGHT is great, I’m living in France and I can’t wait to see it.

This kind of movie with ideas, scenario, and greats actors deserve it so much, instead of those craps with Stalone, or another Mission Impossible 234 !

I n F a m o u s l y C o o l @ 08/26/2010 at 4:38 pm

….cool, renner’s a good actor. i’m sure it’ll be much better than 3.

he’d make a good villain against tom

yeahwhateverlulz @ 08/26/2010 at 4:47 pm

Renner was a badass in the Hurt Locker, I’d much rather see him than Tom Cruise and his crazy face..

Damn you Renner! because of you now i have to watch MI4. lol I’ll watch anything he’s in, his time has come!

yeah., he’d make a good villain

it’s about time this movie comes out!

Tellar Calcagno @ 08/26/2010 at 5:44 pm

I hope that the main villain’s name will be Vanning which was originally going to be the name of the main villain in M:i:III before they changed it to Owen Davian. They have to bring back Michelle Monaghan but I’m not sure if they are going to bring back Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Laurence Fishburne and Maggie Q.

I hope that Tom Cruise does more dramas after this movie because he is pigeonholing himself as an actor who just does action movies. I’ve always wanted to see him do a movie with Julia Roberts and one with Tom Hanks (either of whom I would welcome to appear in M:i:IV).

It would be good if they include Henry Czerny, Thandie Newton, Anthony Hopkins, John Polson, Michelle Monaghan, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Maggie Q and Laurence Fishburne and hopefully conclude the series.

Mr. Jones @ 08/26/2010 at 6:18 pm

Tom Cruise is a disgusting excuse for a human being and he makes me want to vomit. He and Katiebot really need to GO AWAY!!!

Run, Jeremy, RUN…
(Unless you want Tommy up your büm)

He isn’t going to be the villain. They signed him to take over the series from Cruise (who by the way was great in “Knight & Day”).

Cruise was “great” in Knight and Day? Are you insane!?!?! He was horrible. The whole movie sucked. Thats why it did so lousy.

I’m glad Jeremy Renner is taking over for Cruise. He’s a better actor. I was thrilled when I heard the news. I can’t watch anything with Cruise in it anymore. He’s not an actor anymore. He’s a ridiculous character.

i was hoping he was replacing tom cruise who can’t act.

@Alissa: He won’t run from Tom getting his bum. He would enjoy it!

Finally, a ‘Mission Impossible’ movie I’ll actually watch. Jeremy Renner is all kinds of awesome. I’ll watch anything he’s in. Also love the idea of him taking over the franchise as lead.

Jeremy only got picked cuz Tommy girl thinks he has a chance at getting him in bed.
Keep one eye open Jeremy!! (and your butt clenched tight) lol

I’m gonna see that film. I promised to myself I would never se a film in which Jeremy Renner starred, if I was aware of that, since his stupid, useless and non-interesting film took away the Oscars Avatar deserved besides the ones it had already received. I hate Jeremy Renner.

NOOO Jeremy! Don’t do it! He is far too talented to get involved in Tom’s rehashed vanity projects :(

Jolly Folly @ 08/27/2010 at 10:38 am

@Carlota:

Oh puh-leeze – can you be any more immature? Hurt Locker was a far superior film to Avatar in many ways and the Academy recognized that. But oh, with the Hurt Locker you actually had to engage some of your brain and think–obviously you are missing your frontal lobe.

So Judgemental @ 08/27/2010 at 2:56 pm

Wow.. talk about passing the flaming torch.

Amber Heard is being consider for the female leaders among other actresses. I hope she get the part!

So Judgemental @ 08/28/2010 at 1:01 pm

Are you 12? Avatar did not deserve anything except for Best Special Effects nods. All other awards were wasted on it. Even nominating it was a shame. It’s as ridiculous as people moaning about the Twilight movies not getting nominated for serious awards.

The Hurt Locker was far superior. And directed by a woman. Showed she had bigger balls then her ex hubby.

jensenLUVER tanya @ 08/30/2010 at 10:50 am

this gona b very interestin…..