Lindsay Lohan Covers Vanity Fair, Admits Irresponsibility

Lindsay Lohan Covers Vanity Fair, Admits Irresponsibility

Lindsay Lohan graces the October 2010 issue of Vanity Fair, on stands Sept. 7. Here’s what the 24-year-old shared during her interview, which took place before she headed to jail:

On her supposed alcohol addiction: “If I were the alcoholic everyone says I am, then putting a [scram] bracelet on would have ended me up in detox, in the emergency room, because I would have had to come down from all the things that people say I’m taking and my father says I’m taking — so that says something, because I was fine.”

On denying drug abuse: “I’ve never abused prescription drugs. I never have — never in my life. I have no desire to. That’s not who I am. I’ve admitted to the things that I’ve done — to, you know, dabbling in certain things and trying things ’cause I was young and curious and thought it was like, O.K., ’cause other people were doing it and other people put it in front of me. And I see what happened in my life because of it.”

On hanging out with the wrong crowd: “So many people around me would say they cared for the wrong reasons. A lot of people were pulling from me, taking from me and not giving. I had a lot of people that were there for me for, you know, the party.”

On her father, Michael Lohan: “I think if anyone should be looked at medically it’s him. He has such a big chemical imbalance at this point because of all the things he’s done to himself. … The worst part of it is you turn around and you see your dad crying and normally you’d be, like, happy that your father’s there. But then he has to go and do an interview right after.”

On her career being far from over: “I want my career back. I know that I’m a damn good actress, and it’s been my passion since I was a child, and I know that when I care about something, I put 100 percent and more into it. … I want the respect that I had when I was doing great movies. And if that takes not going out to a club at night, then so be it. It’s not fun anyway. I don’t care. It’s the same thing every time.”

Sounds like a changed woman. We’re rooting for you, Lindsay!!!

Ethan Miller/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

She blames EVERYBODY but herself. She’s 24, she’s not a child anymore. Lindsay, if you really want your career back you have to prove to people that you are accountable. You’re nothing, if you don’t have accountability. When will she learn this? Or is it too late?

hilaryduffnyc#1fan @ 08/31/2010 at 9:35 am

Give Lindsay a break she still need to mature a little more and when she does.We will all love her again.Media world is tough world!

i think she is willing to change but the people around her are making it difficult. I really pitty her….she diserves more :)

We all believe you Lindsay! NOT!!

She still is in denial..
Oh well, next year she will be back in prison.. no doubt about it.
Her mom, dad.. everyone is denial.
Nobody can help her anymore.

bubbaness @ 08/31/2010 at 9:52 am

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! She’s joking, right?

Wooting For You @ 08/31/2010 at 9:54 am

@Really?:

Come On ! She Really Wants To Change Her Life Now , Give Her A Break ; She Has Had Problems And Has Come To Realised That She Has To Change.
I Believe She Can Change Because She Was And Is A Really Actress Just Let Her Get Her Life Sorted ; Some People Are Wooting For You Lindsay ! :)

Give Her A Break ! @ 08/31/2010 at 9:59 am

She can change if she wants to people just need to leave her alone and give her a fricking break !
yeah she’s been bad and sometimes stupid but just leave her alone and let her get on with her life.

@Wooting For You:

Still stuck in 2004,eh Woot????

“The respect I had when I was making great movies” ?! How high is she? What great movies? Herbie? MeanGirls? The one film she made with Meryl Streep was junk. Hahahahahahaha. She really has no clue about herelf yet.

@Wooting For You: Isn’t it tiresome to capitalize every word? What’s the point?

Oh, please. How many times will she say this, and then end up behind the bars again? It’s a cycle!

Sadly in Hollyweird…People don’t change, only their costumes do.

@SheDevil: she did movies she THINKS are great and OTHER PEOPLE think are great.
Mean Girls is a huge cult classic.

she admits responsibility only for trying some drugs or smth but not for the consequences of her actions (i mean she was just driving under influence its not like it could harm anyone (sarcasm)) , i bet she still thinks its not fair to have put her in jail though even this fact was her fault, had she complied with the terms of her probation things wouldn’t have gone the way they had.
her quote about being a great actress and great movies she’d done makes me think she’s a bit delusional or lives in her own imaginary world. I’m not particularly saying anything bout her acting abilities what i mean is that she definitely hadn’t done any parts that would have proved her to be not just average actress but “Damn good one”.
But finally it’s kinda dawned on her (she prob thinks it was genius of her to come up with this thought) that great career and opportunity to do what she loves so much is better than clubbing under influence which is also so boring
anyway i do wish her the best but am really sceptical that she’ll “walk the walk”

Iffy Miffy @ 08/31/2010 at 10:41 am

She acts like a spoiled 14yo who refuses any kind of responsibility for her own actions. The sad thing is, there are many more responsible 14yos than this girl. She is 24, a woman and at least one of her actions that we know of could have had life threatening consequences for other people. She learned nothing, it’s obvious.

I hope she has changed but I dont think she will

when was she ever in great movies? meangirls was a fun movie for kids in highschool, but it’s far from great and prairie home companion was good, but nothing to write home about. and playing linda lovelace by exposing her crotch and talking dirty isn’t the kind of project she should choose if she wanted respect.

Does anybody understand Lindsay? Shes empty inside nothing much to see.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Soooo in love with the cover she looks so hot and sexy goooo lindsasy team Lindsay

so is the best! love her Team lindsay

The cover makes her look like a middle aged woman from the 60′s. She’s really over. There are actresses her age and younger who run circles around her professionally. They are very very talented. How can she talk so much when her peers are outdoing her professionally and outclassing her behavior wise?

“damn good actress…great movies.”

g’night folks!

purple poet @ 08/31/2010 at 11:39 am

She still downplays her problems and even though she says she’s not making excuses, she does. She will never get better until she admits that she has a huge problem. She’s seriously trying to deny she has a huge alcohol and drug problem and once again trying to use the excuse of “I’m young”. We don’t see Natalie Portman or Anne Hathaway have these problems when at her age.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All