Michelle Williams: 'Meek's Cutoff' Venice Premiere!

Michelle Williams: 'Meek's Cutoff' Venice Premiere!

Michelle Williams hits the red carpet at the premiere of her new Oregon Trail western, Meek’s Cutoff, during the 2010 Venice Film Festival at the Sala Grande Palazzo Del Cinema on Sunday (September 5) in Venice, Italy.

The actress, who turns 30 on Thursday, glowed in a Jason Wu dove grey silk chiffon embroidered gown with jabot collar. She accessorized with Louboutin slingback shoes, Cecelia bag, and Bulgari jewels.

According to Variety, Michelle “anchors the ensemble with a performance of fierce grit and unflinching moral strength, staring down Meek (Bruce Greenwood) and firing a rifle with the same bone-deep conviction.” Sounds intense!

30+ pictures inside of Michelle Williams premiering Meek’s Cutoff

michelle williams meeks cutoff venice 30

• Chris Brown and Drake are collaborating on a track together- TMZ
  • Cory Monteith's dad opens up on his death after one year- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Mitchell has signed on to star in Members Only- Just Jared Jr
  • When will Blake Lively go live with her new lifestyle website?- Lainey Gossip
  • Mariel Booth shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Ugly hair and ugly dress. She looks like a Pilgrim.

she’s trying to hard to look like carey mulligan…

the bow ruins it.

ugly dress no waist

She just doesn’t look star material.

She looks like an old lady.

Michelle is beautiful and looks content. Isn’t that what everyone should have in life? She’s definitely never “tried to look” like anyone else, Ely.
Happy 30th Michelle!! My best thoughts for you and Matilda.

Not her best look!

I like her dress :)

Utterly ravishing. She is not trying to look like Carey Mulligan.

WhereAreYou? @ 09/05/2010 at 2:29 pm

@Kitt: Well I hate to break it to you but Michelle doesn’t want to be a star. She will continue to star in independent films and be praised by critics and audiences alike.

The dress doesn’t look good on her thick middle and the hair is the worst. Carey Mulligan did it first and better!

@Annie: Carey wasn’t the first to cut her hair short. Idiot.

lol at people saying she is trying to be Carey Mulligan. Michelle cut her hair off for a film role, not because she wants to look like Carey Mulligan.

wackybutnice @ 09/05/2010 at 2:45 pm

ACtually, Michelle Williams had this hairstyle long long time ago, way way before Carey Mulligan existed in Hollywood. Check you CQ people!!!

I love her hair like that, and I like the dress, but the bow kinda ruins it. At least it isn’t black, like some actresses always wear.

Radiohead @ 09/05/2010 at 2:50 pm

I actually think the bow makes the dress. It gives the whole a Parisian twist.

Who cares if she copied Carey Mulligan or not? That hair is UGLY.

I absolutely love her hair. It really suits her. The dress is a throwback to a bygone Hollywood era, a la Doris Day in Pillow Talk. I like!

Exquisite lady

Beautiful Michelle @ 09/05/2010 at 2:54 pm

Michelle: Happy birthday, beautiful!
Just to shut up all of the people saying that MICHELLE is the one who copied anyone’s look, take a look at this photo from a few years ago.

wackybutnice @ 09/05/2010 at 2:56 pm

I guess i’m in the wrong era but I love the outfit!!!

this is a very hitchcockian look. carey mulligan cut her hair for a role, michelle cut her hair for a role. that is their job, to be chameleon’s.

stylelove @ 09/05/2010 at 3:07 pm

Michelle is a beautiful woman in the wrong dress. Although she’s slender, this dress manages to make her look w i d e through the torso. The color is pretty, however. She’s a wonderful actress.

Beautiful. I love how she looks.
I think it is really good that someone in Hollywood looks different finally!!!!

bad dress, love the hair and the color.

I actually like the dress it would just look better on someone with a nicer body

same as brokeback mountain @ 09/05/2010 at 4:02 pm

Excuse me she has had her hair like that since her movie with
her boyfriend Heath Ledger Broke Back Mountain..!! And has
never changed it..What happened people you the comment page
use to praise her for being a great mom to Heath’s daughter..
Now she has the first premiere at the Venice Film Festival and
she is considered a loser..Who knows maybe she might be
pregnant you never know do you.. And the snarky remarks…
well keep them to yourselves.

Beautiful Michelle @ 09/05/2010 at 4:21 pm

@same as brokeback mountain:
It’s okay…I know it’s frustrating to share the world with people who say that a person who is probably a 2 or 4 is “too thick”. Bony ass Victoria Beckham is what these people aspire to be.
Michelle lives a quiet life…acting because she loves it and not for a big paycheck and attention.
I think she’s a great role model as a 30 year old mom…beauty and grace.
Ignore the superficial posts.

really now @ 09/05/2010 at 4:23 pm

@same as brokeback mountain: Who are you, the comment police? This is not a fansite, stupid. No one has to praise celebrities if they don’t feel like it. So an actress is raising her kid, wow, a national hero. You don’t know any of these people, they’re not your friend. Quit acting like an $$wipe and get a life.

She looks elegant….very nice. Has such a nice smile.

Glad to see, even after Heath Michelle Venice.I hope Michelle has also brought with it little Matilda, Venice is beautiful.An Italian …..

She looks like Doris Day!! She got real lucky in the actin biz.

I love Michelle! I think she is a very beautiful young woamn. I also think it was very sweet of her to wear her Granny’s wedding dress to the festivities! LOL!

Is Matilda about to have a sibling??

OK. Seriously, not the best hair, nor the best dress for MIchelle.
She’s always very cool and petit, and I am wondering, if Maltida is about to have to have a sibling.
I will be so very happy for the 3 of them!!!
Matilda looks so determined and inteligent all the time, great genes at work. Anyway, I trust Michelle’s judegment and really wish, OK, wishful thinking that Maltida will become a proud, big sister.

She’s kinda cute but doesn’t really have the body for a dress like that. No waist.

sweetness @ 09/05/2010 at 5:40 pm

she’s too young to have such an old look here. wrong stylist move.

and what’s the deal. who knows if she’s a good actress? ..she makes films that NO ONE wants to see or is willing to pay to see. why is she not casted in films that have some box office potential?

@Joyce:

And this cut is slightly different from both Carey’s and Michelle’s first pixie cut. This one has longer bangs and top, with nearly a buzz at the back.

I like it and I like that she put a different spin on her pixie.

She is so beautiful but I’m just not digging the dress! She’s gorgeous though she looks good but she could look stunning!

Radiohead @ 09/05/2010 at 6:41 pm

@sweetness: Why don’t you go back to watching The Twilight Saga, honey? But not before you’ve finished your happy meal!

People who watch good films know that she is a good actress. Crazy thought, I know!

Maybe I’m just old-fashioned, but I really love this dress. I also felt the same with Carey Mulligan at the Cannes Film Festival. I personally don’t think this look is ageing at all, but evidently I seem to be in the minority! I think she stands out far more than boring Eva Longoria in her pageant gowns.

I don’t know if she has a stylist or not, but you can kind of tell she has input in her red carpet choices. It correlates well with her personal style we see in her candids. Someone like Kristen Stewart, I wish she would fire her stylist and work with somebody who lets her have a bit of input.

i think this dress is more for a way older woman. like helen mirren old.

michelle looks cute in dresses like knee-length.

@Lilah: haha, ur so right, eva does wear pageant frocks!!

cute dress but the clutch shouldn’t be black…

Classy, talented, lovely lady, always the best to her and her daughter Matilda. The dress would be fine if it was shorter I think with the 50′s style the train doesn’t fit the dress. I do agree she looks a bit Tippi Hedren Hitchcockseque (yeah it’s not a word so what)

cute face, bad body.

michelle had this cut hair before Carey Mulligan and who knew Carey 3 years ago ??. It’s carey who looks like Michelle

i love it. I love everything. Hair, shoes and dress! True fashion! Its not for the average person but if you know fashion you appreciate her look.

doggossips @ 09/06/2010 at 1:55 pm

Cute lady , i dont like the dress but i dont care she is a very good actress !

Michelle is my favorite actress i can’t wait to see blue valentine. and the people who left rude comments are most likely no older than 14 and no nothing of talent and class- both of which which Michelle has. not only that but she is very beautiful, she has perfect skin!

butterfly @ 09/06/2010 at 7:17 pm

I really like the dress. She’s stunning!

Leo was scared after @ 09/06/2010 at 8:44 pm

Leo though ledger died young cuz he did drugs he says that yet has heath ex as a co-star anyway

Both losses are terribly tragic and unnecessary. But Heath’s passing and River’s were nothing alike. Overdose, is a legal term, but Heath did not pass of a real “overdose”, as people think of overdose. His was a cumulative combination of meds that mixed badly. River flat out OD’s on heroin. The Heath I knew was not only kind, gentle and generous, but clean, sober, and focused. He was also thoughtful and genuine, honest, strong, and so brilliant it could be intimidating. He was so humble that he didn’t realize his brilliance outshown everyone else in the room and left them speechless. His enthusiasm was contagious and could make things happen. He really paid attention and engaged you, and was self-effacing and comfortable. At the end of December 2007, from Perth he was calling friends all over the world to send his New Year’s wishes. He was preparing to go from that sunny haven with beaches back to a freezing London to shoot Parnassus. He was happy, content, and excited about what he was doing.I wish there were something we could to reach those who still do not understand. I have come to expect web-bloggers and commenters and the public to buy into the idea that Heath was troubled, but it was media created for sensationalism. It’s even more upsetting to those of us who are still morning, when some other actors make comments based on those assumptions. Having experienced how privately actors guard their business and how the press speculates when they are not given all the information, DiCaprio, a fellow actor, should know better. So for DiCaprio and others, yet again: Heath was completely sober, clean, and was not depressed. Heath was full of love and excitement, not only for his life and work, but for people and humanity. He was an amazing actor, but he was a d*mn good man. DiCaprio definitely did not know Heath or he would have known that Heath’s passing and River’s overdose were nothing similar. River’s loss was horrifying, and Heath’s was tragic. But please don’t think of Heath in the same category. Heath does not fall into the distructive troubled actor category.

I think she’s a great role model as a 30 year old mom…beauty and grace.

Grace? She had a rep. in High School for sleeping around. She’s still sleeping around with co-stars. Had affairs with a slew of colleagues, Ledger included whom she trapped via pregnancy.

@Leo was scared after
Well said, thank you.

Please Clarify Your Post @ 09/07/2010 at 10:33 pm

@Leo was scared after:
I mean this kindly and not to be sarcastic at all but were you a personal friend of Heath Ledger? Would you elaborate better on what you said and no offense but your sentences leave out many words and it is hard to know what you mean.

I agree with Lesley @ 09/07/2010 at 10:49 pm

@Lesley:
You sound like you know what you are talking about.
I agree with you. She is not supposed to have this fame.
Her trap for Heath Ledger got her where she is.

Her Claim To Fame @ 09/09/2010 at 12:33 am

@Lesley:
I don’t know where you heard that she had a reputation but she was on Dawson’s Creek during her highschool years. She dated someone on the show I heard. What colleagues did she date? I could not find anyone that she dated that was a colleague or anything about a reputation in highschool. She dated infamous guys mostly and someone in a band and like I mentioned some guy on Dawson’s Creek but I am not sure about that one. I am not sure what costars she slept with but she finally got a life when she met Heath Ledger and she had to trap him to keep it.

She looks super adorable! Love this look and this dress.

waffle bowl @ 09/13/2010 at 9:51 pm

@Ely: She’s WAY prettier than Carey Mulligan.