Lady Gaga Explains Meat Dress Meaning

Lady Gaga Explains Meat Dress Meaning

Ellen DeGeneres presents Lady Gaga with a veggie bikini and skirt as an alternative to her meat dress, which Gaga wore to the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards earlier in the evening.

“Well, it is certainly no disrespect to anyone that is vegan or vegetarian,” Gaga explained. “As you know, I am the most judgement-free human being on the earth. However, it has many interpretations. For me this evening, if we don’t stand up for what we believe in and if we don’t fight for our rights pretty soon, we’re going to have as much rights as the meat on own bones. And, I am not a piece of meat.”

Watch Gaga‘s interview TODAY (Sept. 13) during the season eight premiere of The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Justin Timberlake is also a guest!

FYI: Gaga just announced that her new album is called Born This Way.

10+ pictures inside of Lady Gaga wearing a meat dress…

meat dress lady gaga 01
meat dress lady gaga 02
meat dress lady gaga 03
meat dress lady gaga 04
meat dress lady gaga 05
meat dress lady gaga 06
meat dress lady gaga 07
meat dress lady gaga 08
meat dress lady gaga 09
meat dress lady gaga 10

Photos: Filmmagic, Michael Rozman/Warner Bros.
Posted to: 2010 MTV VMAs, Ellen DeGeneres, Lady Gaga

• August Alsina has woken up from his three-day coma - TMZ
  • Justin Bieber has the new iPhone 6- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Pia Mia's new song "Fill Me In"- Just Jared Jr
  • Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury did a duet together- Huffington Post
  • Watch a new trailer for A Most Violent Year- Lainey Gossip
  • David Ayer could be the director for Suicide Squad?- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Mayra Suarez shows off her amazing bikini body - Hollywood Tuna

I hope that Lady Gaga has a cameo in Star Trek 12 as a singer and her character could have dark connections to the Orion Syndicate (the mafia of the Star Trek universe) who should be the villains of the sequel. With her futuristic music and style, she would fit right in. Midway through Star Trek 12, I’d like to see Kirk, Spock and McCoy go undercover to a concert of hers on a distant planet like with Diva Plavalaguna in The Fifth Element (1997). When she sings Bad Romance, Paparazzi, Poker Face or Just Dance, her show could be raided by Syndicate henchmen who have a thunderous phaser fight with Kirk, Spock and McCoy.

attention *****

I’m not a vegetarian or anything (had chicken for dinner tonight!) but that dress is gross!!!

She’s such a cool and talented person. I wish she didn’t feel the need to do **** like this.

Imagine how many animals had to die and become ‘pieces of meat’ so that this poser can make a stupid “statement” about not being a “piece of meat”, my verdict is she is rather a “piece of sh*t” .

Oh the douchebaggery. “I’m not a piece of meat”, then stop shoving yourself in everyones faces!!

Great! Now slather some bbq sauce on the meat, stick a big skewer up her a$s and put her on the grill.

She is not a piece of meat, but she definitely looks like it ! ;)

SHE AND HER MEANINGLESS “ART” AND “PHILOSOPHY”…. BLAH BLAH BLAH NEXT

Where is the bacon bra when you need it? That dress must have stunk i feel sorry for anybody who was near her.

She is going crazy ..I feel bad for her..This is sick.

She’s so fu_cking self absorbed “As you know, I am the most judgement-free human being on the earth” !:!!!! NO B!TCH YOURE NOT
There are people on the planet way better than you and your stupid attention who_ring style! this b!tch wearing meat? what a f_c_king psycho! there is nothing interesting about her NOTHING! all this to “shock” and become “iconic” sooooooooo desperate to be iconic!

ck_always @ 09/13/2010 at 6:18 am

I don’t care about her statement or other people’s wanna-be animal activist crap, but that outfit and idea in general is just retarded. Her music is good, but good lord is she stupid.

Some people are too dumb to realize that the meat was fake. People call her an attention *****, well, at least she’s getting more attention than you ever will.

attention seeking, much?

so if she was wearing a calf leather dress? would anyone find it offensive?
i think that might be the biggest statement of that dress, too bad lady gaga wasn’t smart enough to articulate this.
the dress is a perfect way of criticizing our habit of wearing body parts of animals as clothes.

just further confirms for me that celebrity are a crazy azz lot

She is destroying the music industry.
Was this the VMAs or Halloween with music?

eeeeeew that is real meat? disgusting i dont get why people like her.. she is weird

I have one word and one word only for this: REVOLTING!

@Millie:

It’s not REAL meat. Seriously, why do people think it is? It is fabric that has been dyed to look like it and has a coating sprayed on it that gives it a gloss/wet look. It’s pretty much made out of the same thing as those “wet look” swimsuits. A real meat dress would leave blood stains on everything she touched. Like her chair, her body, and all the people she hugged.

How many animals died to make her dress?!:) More like how many polyesters!:) Don’t be so silly:)

oh gaga just shut up and sing!!!!!!

Ellen is vegan XD awkward

@Victoria: This is REAL meat. It is not the first flesh dress.

she’s way too talented for all of this nonsense….

If these pieces of meat are real, she is really sick and crazy.

Real or not, there’s definately a screw loose in that head somewhere. And to think that this wacko is idolised by our kids! :-(

Poor GaGa @ 09/13/2010 at 9:29 am

@Sandra:

the kids admire her talent but there are some who are into this whole schtick (that’s what it is a schtick) and I feel there will be a split among her fans after seeing this dress. One group will say enough is enough and the other will fan the flames and dare her to do even more.

MORE BALLADS FROM GAGA FROM NOW ON!!

Now, that’s a bitchslap for all of you who thinks that she can’t sing and doesn’t have talent.

Eric Shinn @ 09/13/2010 at 9:50 am

i always imagine gaga to smell hammy

Lady Xerox @ 09/13/2010 at 10:36 am

I’m not crazy I’m just another musical wannabe who realized pple forgot about grace bowie and thought I was actually creatively talented.. so I’m running with it.. I steal everybody else’s idea and pretend I give a **** about my monsters, the gays and the awkward pple i never hung out with cause I was really a rich snob in HS.. God Bless all the idiots who mistake catchy tunes for works of art… now that i’m done with coping trash fashion, meat dress fashion, madonna, Isabella blow.. who will i rip off next.. house of xerox lets get to work

The hate for this tranny is approaching critical levels.Not long now until we get some relief from this festering sore.

Is that real meat? Please say no! That’s cruel . :(

It’s an idiot.

What rights are she defending? I dislike celebrity mumbo jumbo.

I think Lady Gaga is suffering much and shes dragging out resentment. So sad.

I just saw this interview with Ellen………so stupid.
This woman is a genius and an idiot all at the same time.
I hate when Ellen sucks up to her celebrities.

Can she not “stand up for her rights” without sacrificing a LIFE!?!?!?! like for f”uck sakes shes a god damn idiot. totally lost all respect for her. she’s a dumb b”itch

I am a vegan and I am completely offended. I dont have a problem with people who want to eat meat, at least its providing their bodies with nutrition and ya a life was lost, but at least it was used to support another life. Not hung all over some dumb broad’s gross body.

I used to love Lady GaGa, and now I absolutely hate her. I’ve lost all respect for her. This is horrible. I’m discusted.

Gaga you just lost a fan and many more when I spread the word about this. Your absolutely DISCUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AKWARD! i think she’s crazy
she looks like a cow

Check out the article Camilla paglia wrote about her “The end of sex”
in this weekends Paper.
she DEMOLISHED HER
and exposed her for what she is
a wannabeee madonna with no originality desperately milking her last drop of noteriety from the *** she suckled at
In the future music will get its groove back

this is a trivialized version of a Jana Sterbak installation, done from 1987 onwards and present last year in the elles@centrepompidou exhibition – http://collections.walkerart.org/item/object/957

laverdadduele @ 09/13/2010 at 1:57 pm

“I’m not a piece of meat” – she’s right! She’s a POS!

SERIOUSLY SHUT THE F.UCK UP ALL U HATERS AND ALSO GTFO

Jared your bias is so funny. She said it wasn’t real meat so why didn’t you include that in your title?

god people have no lives. why are so many people so invested in gaga?
yall take her so fkn seriously

I’m vegan so it’s obviously disturbing. It doesn’t matter what kind of message she was trying to portray she didn’t have to wear animal corpse as an ensemble. Sometimes, it’s just as affective announcing it. But it doesn’t surprise me because it is Lady Gaga. Everything has to be heard & seen.

“The dress is indeed real meat from my family butcher”
“So, yes, the dress is synthetic!”

??? Is it REAL or FAKE, make up your mind…

I love Gaga but that’s gross. The closeups of the shoes….olord….

One site is saying it was real another saying it wasn’t.
If it was real, wouldn’t it stain everywhere she sat and everyone she touched/hugged? Wouldn’t it stink? There would be bits falling off as well.

I think it’s rubber made to look real but she wants people to think it’s real to get people talking. Or there’s a material plastic layer beneath at least.

stephanie @ 09/13/2010 at 8:19 pm

you cant fake real meat like that…it is obviously real meat.

I imagine no one caught that one episode Americas Next top Model?
They had the girls do the same thing. What do you think of that?

Bjork is better and way cooler.

If you eat meat hush.

@Millie: It’s not REAL meat you Dork!
Lmao!!!
It’s made to LOOK like meat!!

@Carly: it is dumbass, the designer who made it, Franc Fernandez, said it was real. You can’t fake meat like that.

all of you that are against are dumbasses lol leave her alone and attack douche bags like kanye and beiber :)

crazy!!

I love her music but I hate her for things like this

I love t meat, I also love animals but we need meat in our diet as others animals do, otherwise we have to take pills like vegans, which does’nt make sense for me,

BUT this is disgusting, awful and cruel, was a lost of meat for something so superficial like trying to look really strange

WTF was she thinking? REALLY THIS IS BEYOND SICK! She couldve wore grass instead of “meat”!! I mean what message is she sending out to the world………that you can wear fur and now you can wear meat also?? She really is seeking for attention and her music is great but not her style!! Cruelty to animals must stop!!

++Logan++ @ 09/14/2010 at 5:59 am

This is the most pathetic thing i’ve seen to date. I absolutely loathe lady gaga now, and i’m not even an animal rights activist.

Seriously lady gaga, stop trying to be deep and meaningful, you’re full of crrap. Stop copying cher, madonna, grace jones and nicky minaj and go into hiding. This attempt at originality is getting lame.

Mad Gaga Disease – her next trick at the 2011 VMAs, the dress will be made out of worms and magots mixed with blood. She is totally gross (She sat in meat YUCK!! )

When I first heard “lady” Gaga on the radio I thought, well, she just might be ok, she sings alright….then she started acting like a stupid nasty beotch, always begging for attention. Can’t stand her anymore, she obviously thinks she is a queen of some kind (queen of uselessness, maybe) She should have stayed with singing, not attention- craving. Disgusting.

@kenny: she IS a douche bag, AND a piece of meat!

WAIT A SECOND!

IS EATING ANIMALS ANY LESS CRUEL THAN WEARING THEM??

I FEEL EXTREMELY UNCOMFORTABLE SEEING YOU THESE FAKE PEOPLE….PLEASE STOP YOUR STUPID DRAMA!

She Always… WANNA BE ON TOP & seeking people attention. Yes she fulfilled her mission , But…. it would only hurt her future career.

She lost some fans & respect with this Meat Dress.
the wheel of Fame is turning upside down starting… NOW!!!

@Millie:

is eating animals less cruel than wearing them?

if anyone’s ever cooked with meat, you obviously know it’s bloody. and i see no blood dripping down my hero’s face or body. i thought our generation was more open-minded, but i guess not.

I think she looked GREAT!!!!! All of you haterz need to leave her the f*** ALONE!!! She is a very talented artist who can sing her a** off! You are just jeolous that you don’t have any talent whatsoever!!!!

littlemonster @ 12/21/2010 at 12:46 pm

of course she’s getting attention, thats why she does it so the statement she’s making is heard! yeah it’s a pretty weird thing to do but hating on her for somehting she’s wearing is stupid. You should all accept by now she’s never gonna dress ‘normally’ so get over it seriously. Lady gaga i love you, you are my god!

I’m so happy that people are becoming intelligent enough to see through this stupid attention needy *****,(at least the majority of the comments are intelligent,but not all of course,some are brain washed idiots) i honestly thought it was to late and that everyone was brain washed already, and i felt so alone, so out of place, being the only one who knows shes not even close to an artist,& that shes nothing shes portrayed to be, while everyone else is going nuts over her.
The truth is, being an outsider nowadays means not liking lady gaga, and she claimed she was an “outsider” lmfao right. She was a ******,preppy,popular,snob & is still one now, just even more popular,those who do not like her are the outsiders,and the rebels.

I just love how she says shes not a piece of meat….. yet she poses naked anytime possible & is constantly wearing thongs, & bending over every second. Shes nothing but a piece of meat, nothing more.

Meat dress true meaning treat me like a peace of meat or we women are nothing more then meat

I have nothing to say about her music or lifestyle, but what she did with this dress is way far from giving a good message, it is making fun of the people dying from hunger, and the animal killed. Someone needs to tell her that she cant do everything whatever her small mind tells just to be different!!!

I wish to show some appreciation to the writer just for rescuing me from this type of scenario. Because of exploring through the the web and obtaining proposals which were not productive, I believed my entire life was gone. Living without the presence of strategies to the issues you’ve resolved by means of your guide is a crucial case, and those that might have adversely affected my career if I had not noticed your site. Your primary mastery and kindness in controlling every item was invaluable. I’m not sure what I would’ve done if I had not encountered such a subject like this. I can now relish my future. Thanks for your time so much for this impressive and effective guide. I will not hesitate to suggest your web blog to anyone who desires recommendations on this problem.

Very good written article. It will be useful to anyone who usess it, including myself. Keep up the good work – for sure i will check out more posts.

I and also my friends appeared to be taking note of the nice secrets and techniques on your website and then the sudden developed a horrible feeling I had not thanked the website owner for them. All the young boys were certainly glad to read through them and already have pretty much been using those things. I appreciate you for actually being considerably kind and also for figuring out this kind of extraordinary ideas most people are really desperate to learn about. Our own sincere apologies for not expressing appreciation to you sooner.

This woman has to be one of the most stupid individuals in the position of role model to youth that I’ve ever come across. Yes, you are a piece of meat. Yes, what you are doing and saying is offensive to those who do not support inflicting unnecessary suffering upon sentient beings, claiming that you are judgement-free does not make blanket justification for your actions.

As an entertainer, I apologize for individuals such as Lady Gaga.

@Jill: Go and get a tertiary education, in the physical sciences. Stop making everybody else dumber.

I saw a lot of website but I believe this one has got something special in it. “I’m not the type to get ulcers. I give them.” by Edward Irving Koch.

I like popsicles