Brian Austin Green: Megan Fox is My Better Half in Parenting

Brian Austin Green: Megan Fox is My Better Half in Parenting

Brian Austin Green opens up to Details magazine in the publication’s October 2010 issue!

Here’s what the 37-year-old actor had to share:

On his new role in Desperate Housewives, as a buff contractor: “Sweaty guy with a hammer. A lot of tank tops. I’ve got to say it’s a whole new world for me. I’ve never played a hunky guy. There was one day when I had to take my shirt off. I must have done 400 push-ups. I feel like I understand the pressure that women go through. I feel, like, all-woman at times.”

On making Megan Fox a stepmom: “She is absolutely my better half in parenting. She just gets it. It’s instinctual for her.”

On if their relationship was on-again/off-again: “We’ve been together for six years. Find a picture of one of us with any other boyfriend or girlfriend‚ I challenge you. You’ll only find pictures of her doing press with Shia LaBeouf or me with my son. That’s it. We never once dated anyone else or did anything else.”

For more from Brian, including how he deals with paparazzi, visit Details.com!

this man is incredibly sexy

this man is incredibly sexy

Love this guy already.

Haha … 90210 for the win!

WinAgrammyNotAVMAThenwellsee @ 09/14/2010 at 1:40 pm

wasnt he a hunky guy on 90210? the f*ck is he talking about? lol he sure is hot and with that wifey he carries what do you call a couple thats a dilf and milf?

who cares? When was the last time this dude was relevent? As for the challenge Megan was kissing a dude at her jennifers body premiere with a rose in her hand; the same wasy she did for shia. So I guess that counts and the challenge was met and brian just lost. PLus who hasnt seen mega farse naked? Thats all she can do. I feel sorry for the kid though; he’s got two lousy assed parents whose only talents are prostitution.

Green has matured into a fine actor!

I remember when he played Donna Mills’ son on KNOTS LANDING! I Never got into 90210…but Green really proved he has acting chops when joined the cast of FOX’s Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles with Lena Heady, Thomas Dekker, Summer Glau.

That show was GREAT and short-lived…just beginning to pick up steam and find an audience when fickle FOX pulled the plug.
Green was so damn cool and bad-ass in this show…wish him luck…even though I cannot stomach Desperate Housewives.

Even Knots Landing had better drama than this show.

Any 90210 fan knows that he was not the HUNKY guy in 90210. Remember, he started out as a nerd/DJ who did everything he could to fit in with Brandon/Kelly/etc. and to become part of their group. He finally was accepted but he still wasn’t the hunk.

BTW, am I the only that sees that “better parenting” as a diss to Vanessa Marcil. That’s how I see it, but maybe’s it’s just me. He’s been good to Megan. Megan should count her blessings. A lot of men drool about hot and famous women but most men won’t date them or marry them because of their insecurity.

Emma Stone where is Penn @ 09/14/2010 at 2:06 pm

Well let me tell you… when it started… 90210 original Brian was on
the show and Vanessa Marcil just broke up with her fiancee Tyler
Christopher..You know him he was married to Eva Longoria for
2 years from General Hospital..!!! Any way Brian and Vanessa dated
for long time and had CASSIUS…THEIR SON…NOT MEGAN’S …
So what happened Ms Marcil..who married Carmine aka Danny from
CSI New York.. every where she goes to promote the fact that she is
back in LA filming GENERAL HOSPITAL…SHE IS NEVER SEEN WITH
HER SON… MEGAN IS RAISING HIM…AS MOST STEP MOMS DO..!!

@Emma Stone where is Penn:

couldn’t that just be the fact that paparazzi don’t follow vanessa marcil like they do for megan fox?

This guy is definitely handsome and it’s nice that MF plays an acitve role in raising her stepson.

sexy. ’nuff said.

“Find a picture of one of us with any other boyfriend or girlfriend‚ I challenge you”
That’s really sweet and unusual!

Mary from Russia @ 09/14/2010 at 2:37 pm

I didn’t know Megan helped raise his son. But she herself is too young… She was only 18 when they met. And she seems very insecure, obsessed with her appearance and plastic surgery, it’s obvious. I don’t think she was a real step mom to Cassius. By the way, on every photo Brian is with his son, Megan never even holds the child’s hand, she only seems to worry about covering her face, or to make “I’m so sexy’ expression. I think this is Brian who takes care both of his son and wife.

Marcil gave birth to his son, just because they are not “together” anymore does not mean that she isn’t relevant in the son’s life. I’m sure Fox didn’t do the diaper duty or care for his son when he most needed nurturing as an infant. Vanessa’s never photographed.What’s he trying to prove because Fox and him never officially dated other people? She still publicly dissed him by saying she wasn’t the marrying type and they weren’t engaged. How is that something to be proud of. All that aside, I wish that little boy the best, sounds like he’s gonna need it.

@LadyB: A lot of men drool about hot and famous women but most men won’t date them or marry them because of their insecurity.

I think those are the slutyfriens

I think you should all calm down a bit. He is comparing HIS parenting to Megan Fox parenting and not to Megan’s and his ex.

HOT HOT HOT @ 09/14/2010 at 2:50 pm

Can I just say firstly, I could kick myself for not noticing how f**cking truly HOT Brian Austin Green is. I have no chance but hell he’s f**cking nice and a cool dude.

Everything he states in Details magazine is completely true I have a new found respect for him. I always liked him anyway, and wasn’t that stupid when people where going on that Megan was too good for him. Look at the talent he picked up before her, best record in Hollywood.

Megan Fox is a lucky so and so to actually have him.

Agreed, he didn’t start out as f**cking sexy in 90210 it took about the 5-6 season to get his freak on but it was surely worth the wait. I don’t even bother to watch the new 90210 is just simply crap. Brian Austin Green just confirmed it too guess he’s not going back then hahaha.

I heard they made Donna and David separated in the new version – WTF, to me they will always be together i.e. married. Original 90210 will always rule and will be talked about in another 20 years time.

I have to say, I watched Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles and I will admit I cried just a little when the show ended. The worst mistake Fox network ever made for a TV show. That show was simply brilliant and his character Derek Reese was just mmmmmmmm = badass (a talented actor missed by Hollywood on the big screen).

Check out this link to see how hot this guy is:

I’m looking forward to seeing him in Desperate Housewives kick-ass season but yeah Knots Landing was a great show too.

For people making something out of nothing, Brian Austin Green didn’t say that Vanessa Marcil was a bad mother, he just simply stated that Megan was a fantastic stepmom.

Like how Vanessa Marcil will have an interview and state that her new husband is a great stepfather. It’s not a competition people as the key thing is Kassius is an extremely happy and content little boy.

Also, just because Vanessa Marcil is not followed all the time it doesn’t been she is not in the child’s life. That’s just plain silly to think that.

I wish both recent happy couple the best of luck.

Ps: Kassius will take over Hollywood when he grows up, great looking boy.

@Mary from Russia: I agree with you. When I read that comment I couldnt imagine. I think that her wish is to have that motherhood instinct because that makes you look sexier

@Emma Stone where is Penn: I’ve always been a fan of Brenda … Oops inmean Vanessa and I thought she would have been a bigger star by now. Unfortunately for her she had to go back to general hospital and the show is horrid. The rumor is she only went back to gh because james franco , but guess what?. Not even Brenda or James Franco can save the ratings from tanking. The characters have been ruined and the q’s are gone. as far as im concerned ….Put a fork in it, General hospital is done!

@HOT HOT HOT:

Nicely said. You took the words out of my mouth! :)

ORDER PEOPLE @ 09/14/2010 at 3:05 pm

Brian is not hating on the birth mother. Where the hell are these comments coming from.

General public are shocked to see that he is a good guy and there’s actually nothing to hate so they are creating stuff up.

The man looks fine and happy with his family what’s the problem.

Brian also mentioned in another interview that both families regularly meet up as Kassius likes to put on little family performances for both families.

Vanessa Marcil is still HOT and Megan Fox is HOT there’s no problem in Brian Austin Green life, we do need a book so we can find out how he does it.

Brian as Metallo in Smallville was such a great experience to watch hope he comes back for season 10.

Desperate Housewives I will be watching.

I want to steal Megan Fox’s bf. He looks so sweet and in love that hes too irresistible for me

What the hell he is talkin about! I effed Megan 33 times for the last five years. I told her to keep her blow up doll mouth shut!

What’s now?Brian to rescue Megan’s career?
Stop trying already,do something else.

Respect to them both regarding their relationship. So different from “Young Hollywood” and she is “young”. They seem very secure in each other and have never pretended otherwise. Now, if she could only keep her clothes on and stop messing up her face..

Sweet Guy @ 09/14/2010 at 3:57 pm

@JT: He’s METALLO he can do anything.

Brian loves his wife and just spreading the love. Megan career is fine.

I never thought I would say this but Megan Fox is not stupid she picked the right guy. The world is just noticing now, gosh we are slow.

I liked his interview with Details a lot,not much Mel Gibson part,Megan does that too in interviews,looks like they are trying to survive in Hollywood.

It’s about time people stop hating on Brian, I’m so sick of reading that he is spending Megan’s money and such. Brian was with Megan way before her fame shot up but I guess everyone forgot that. It’s cool to see that most of the comments on here aren’t bashing Brian anymore:)

Dp, you need to take a sedative. For someone who says ‘who cares’, you seem to be working yourself into a fit. That actor at the premiere of Jennifer’s Body was a co -star Johnny Simmons; she kissed him on the cheek on a press junket, so what? No one in his right mind would think that is ‘dating’. No need for you to feel sorry for Brian’s child; no one is complaining but you and others who have no clue about their personal lives.
There hasn’t been a spark of negative comments about this couple except on blogs from people who don’t know them. Nothing has been printed to cause anyone to think that either he or Megan are bad parents or bad people for that matter. Hate the man and woman if you like, but try the truth when making statements as fact.

met brian a couple of months ago and he was absolutely lovely. really down to earth, genuine and interested in the fans.

Original 90210 The Best @ 09/14/2010 at 6:21 pm

Gutted the man speaks the truth. I hope this shuts down the new 90210 once and for all, I dislike it so much.

It’s only half way decent when the original cast members show up. Can the writers of the new show also stop fcuking up the history of the show.

David Silver speaks I’m listening not worth the watch.

Derek Reese tells me Megan Fox is a good stepmom I listen.

Matello is villian bring him back and Derek Reese.

Suddenly, I feel like a desperate housewive after reading this interview with Brian Austin Green. I see how he get’s the ladies the man ROCKS.

I’m happy he’s married but a little bit of me thinks no that man’s hot he can do better than Megan Fox.

Brian Austin Green should appear in blockbuster movies he can so handle it. David Silver is a long time ago, can’t believe he wasn’t given the chance to be the Green Lantern because of his past work on 90210. I know Mr Reynolds will be excellent but still it’s got me thinking now. He’s hot enough to take any hollywood lead and can act.

About that challenge Brian did, What do you think, is it her???, it´s not Robert Pattinson, i think he´s David Gallager, not sure either, but it sure looks like her!!!

@George: he means before they started dating, obviously, i mean its pretty clear

George,

Get your facts straight. She was 17 years old in those pics you posted. She was dating David at that time.

She started dating Brian when she was 18.

George,

She started dating Brian when she was 18.

It’s so funny,2 years ago ppl were saying he is too old for her,she is too hot for him ,he is a loser,why is she with such a loser and now that everybody hates Megan she became plastic and even ugly and he suddenly became hot.It’s hilarious how one day you are hot and another you are not,and you are never good enough for others no matter how hard you are trying.

he’s hotttttttt megan is lucky.

From the interview he hates to be famous,she is sick of it.
Go and do something else,nobody is forcing them to do that.

No hating just love @ 09/15/2010 at 5:35 am

@brian other gf: Between you and George your getting pretty desperate.

Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green have never said they haven’t been in previous relationships but in their current relationship nothing has ever occured to cause major concern.

We all know that if a certain star is snapped with someone they are automatically going out with them sometimes it can be true but he’s stepping up and saying not regarding their relationship.

The link you posted did you actually read the comments they are just work colleauges. Brian was suppose to star with her in the below show but it never happened. Another fine show that never got of the ground. These executives that make the final decisions on which shows to be aired sometimes what planet are they on.

@Sar: Only the small minded people thought he was a loser.

The rest of us with glasses could see he had talent, was constantly working and has been working for over 30 years and was getting hotter as he grew older.

People got blinded by Megan Fox and that’s why the hate came from.

Beautfiul ladies like Megan Fox come and go there’s only one Brian Austin Green. Whether you love him or hate him he does make an impression on you. I say he’s been generally quite positive.

I loved 90210 but I don’t see him different from then,he looks the same to me,I don’t see him hotter,just older.I think celebrities are manipulated so much by others so that’s why one day they are hot and another they are not.The day everybody loves you,you are hot and everything even if you are not,the day they hate you,you are ugly,dumb and a loser.Yes,beauty come and go,but even if you have talent you come and go because you are never good enough.I think his acting skills are good ,Megan is bad at acting in my opinion,they are two pretty normal and nice people without anything extraordinary to me.
And how is it possible to hate ppl because of beauty?

@Sar: I agree with majority of your comments. It’s the media game that’s played out constantly who’s hot and who’s not and talented etc.

His acting skills are good, it’s just a shame he hasn’t had the opportunity to showcase this in major movies during the past years.

However, I have enjoyed his TV work over the years, he was really funny as Chris in Freddie. It reminded me a little bit of the relationship between Joey and Chandler in friends. I always thought if Chris ever met Joey that would be dangerous and very very funny.

And how is it possible to hate ppl because of beauty? It’s sad but it clearly happens. Some people just don’t want the best for Brian Austin Green. Why did everyone think he was a loser for no good reason? Why your life is better than his? Just because he was with Megan Fox?

Look at the Youtube entries when people thought they had split up, it’s some of the highest viewing. Clearly, some people were jealous that they were together i.e. how could David Silver get a girl like Megan Fox and truly happy when they thought they had split up.

People are trying to find proof now look at George and brian other gf posts etc. I’m sure other websites stating the same things too.

Whatever the level people think, more importantly they are happy. You can’t beat a higher level than that famous or not.

I don’t think people hate MF because of her beauty but because of her unlovely personality.Blake Lively is young and beautiful as much as MF but she has nice personality and charisma.

So if they’ve been dating for 6 years then that makes her 18 and him 31 when they met. Hmm…all I can say is gross and eww. She was a BABY and him practically a dirty old man at the time of their meeting. I wouldn’t advertise that if I were him. It always sickens me to see such a big age gap between girls and older men. Practically child molestation in my book. I know many won’t agree…it’s just my opinion.

Little Suzie @ 09/15/2010 at 9:46 am

“Age ain’t nothing but a number”, sang by the late great singer Aaliyah.

Megan Fox was LEGAL at 18 years old when she hooked up with Brian Austin Green.

Beyonce and Jay Z, 12 years
Rod Stewart and Penny Lancaster, 26 years
Barbara Hershey and Naveen Andrews, 21 years
Kevin Kline and Phoebe Cates, 15 years
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, 16 years
Aaron Johnson and Sam Taylor-Wood, 26 years
Woody Allen and Soon-Yi Previn, 35 Years
Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher,14 years
Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer,13 years
Elvis and Priscilla Presley,10 years – Elvis met her when she was 14 years old

Megan’s family have never said anything bad to my knowledge about Brian Austin Green and as you can see from the above it happens.

Brian Austin Green is not the first guy to date an 18 year old lady and will not be the last. At least they built a relationship in the end and so far has lasted.

I’ve never been a fan of Megan’s acting nor her personality. But Brian sure seems like a down to earth guy and it’s gonna be fun to watch him on Desperate Housewives.

I really liked him together with Tiffani Amber Thiessen (she’s still a beauty) back in the days. Her or Vanessa Marcil always seemed a lot more mature and a better match for Brian. But it’s his life and I wish him happiness.

FlatbushBrooklynsfinest @ 09/15/2010 at 11:25 am

Wow! There are so many misconceptions about Megan Fox. If Brian Austin Green continues to tell the mainstream media to challenge about Megan Fox’s ‘so-called’ infidelities, then the general public and viewers are failing miserably with their idiotic misconceptions. Those two are solid! We have never heard or seen Megan Fox partying, drinking, or showing her crotch to the paparazzi (ie Britney, Miley, Lindsey). She is either walking Kassius to school, leaving Targets, or having dinner with Bryan. I believe that Megan Fox is maternal. Why is that so hard for anyone to beleive? Because she is a sex symbol?

I strongly believe they’re the real thing. There is nothing about their relationship that’s pretentious. I’m sure they had their fair share of problems. What relationship hasn’t? But it’s clear that their soulmates! He loves her unconditionally, and she feels the same. Best of luck to both of them….

PS MF is a Taurus…
Read up on Taurus women. They’re natural born nurturers of the zodiac, as well as selective, conservative, homebodies,loyal, and very monogamous.

Brian Austin Green did challenge anyone to disprove him. He knows Megan has been 100% faithful.

FlatbushBrooklynsfinest @ 09/15/2010 at 11:33 am

Excuse the grammatical errors….

Wow! There are so many misconceptions about Megan Fox. If Brian Austin Green continues to tell the mainstream media to challenge him about Megan Fox’s ’so-called’ infidelities, then the general public and viewers are failing miserably with their idiotic misconceptions. Those two are solid! We have never heard or seen Megan Fox partying, drinking, or showing her crotch to the paparazzi (ie. Britney, Miley, Lindsey). She is either walking Kassius to school, leaving Targets, or having dinner with Bryan. I believe that Megan Fox is maternal. Why is that so hard for anyone to believe? Because she is a sex symbol?

I strongly believe they’re the real thing. There is nothing about their relationship that’s pretentious. I’m sure they had their fair share of problems. What relationship hasn’t? But it’s clear that they’re soulmates! He loves her unconditionally, and she feels the same. Best of luck to both of them….

PS MF is a Taurus…

In five years we’ll not notice any age difference between them.Women in Hollywood age very quickly because of all those plastic surgeries.