Orlando Bloom: Pompadour For The Three Musketeers!

Orlando Bloom: Pompadour For The Three Musketeers!

Orlando Bloom dons a slick pompadour and a crazy neckpiece on the set of his new movie, The Three Musketeers, at the palace Wurzburg Residence on Thursday (September 16) in Wurzburg, Germany.

Co-stars Milla Jovovich and Christoph Waltz were also spotted on set in full costume.

“I’m strapped into my costume, I can hardly breathe,” Milla said. “But I’m ready to shoot my first scene with Christoph Waltz on 3M! Bring it!”

25+ pictures inside of Orlando Bloom on The Three Musketeers set…

orlando bloom three musketeers 01
orlando bloom three musketeers 23
orlando bloom three musketeers 24
orlando bloom three musketeers 25
orlando bloom three musketeers 26
orlando bloom three musketeers 27

ABC

That is some insanely cool costume making! Amazing designers!

am i a freak cause i think he was his hottest ever as the elf in lord of the rings..

The costumes are unbelievable! But the location is also so beautiful with the castles and beautiful scenery. It is probably a lot of fun to shoot a movie there!

Ihateph @ 09/16/2010 at 10:34 am

=================================

No, you are not a freak. Too bad it was only a fictional character because he was smoking as Legolas. When I saw him ( In Pirates of The Caribbean) I didn’t even recognize him lol. it was a total letdown from which I never recovered. Sighs.

Who is he playing?? Dartagnan???

He’s playing the Duke of Buckingham who’s an English antagonist of Cardinal Richelieu and in this film seems to be going to be a sort of seventeenth-century Bond villain. I predict that he’ll die by falling off a balcony at the end. Somebody always has to in these films.

Outrageous costumes! It’s like a Marlene Dietrich film.

Butter_Fly @ 09/16/2010 at 11:33 am

Awesome! I love period movies. Cannot wait for this.

Got to love a guy who can rock the pantaloons.

@Jaye: lmao oh good i thought i was the only that digging an elf.. a really hot elf :)

# 2 Ihateph, you are not insane for digging an androgy elf. I love a sexy pirate. I love the way Orlando looks in movies, in reality, every which way. I think he makes one Hot preening peacock of a Duke!

Lilakoi Moon @ 09/16/2010 at 11:46 am

@Jaye: Lmao. I actually think he was kinda hot in the Pirates of the Caribbean but sure, his best look was Legolas =)

@Endrid: yes he is very sexy but If i were his wife I would make him were the elf costume to bed every night lol

Umh, that hairstyle is just plain ridiculous. Looks like he put his finger into a power socket.

@meji: If it is like the old adaption of the book. He gets stabbed in a crowd.

I don’t think he’ll get stabbed in a crowd this time. It wouldn’t look dramatic enough in 3D. Anyway, we’ll see.

the costumes look great and so the colors are really vibrant. I hope we get on set photos of all the Musketeers and Logan Lerman as D’Artagan in full costume. so far we’ve only see a few of these. And location shooting always brings more realism than soundstage sets

I love him in period movies!
He is one of the few younger actors who look like they belong in period clothes, and not like they are dressing up for Halloween.
He looks FANTASTIC!

I love him any way that I can get him.
Elf, pirate, knight, prince, duke, I don’t care.
JUST GIVE ME ORLANDO!!!

Will Turner is HOT! @ 09/16/2010 at 1:57 pm

@Jaye:

How could that be a let down?!

Unless you have a real blond-hair, blue-eyed elf fetish! lol

His wife prefers the Pirate! @ 09/16/2010 at 2:00 pm

@Ihateph:

She’s mentioned her preference for her pirate a few times.

lol

I agree, Miranda!

Pirate Orlando Bloom is yummy.

Well, he’s yummy every which way!

Will Turner is HOT! @ 09/16/2010 at 1:57 pm

@Jaye:

How could that be a let down?!

Unless you have a real blond-hair, blue-eyed elf fetish! lol

============

Remember that battle scene where he jump on a moving horse in slow motion? OMG! I’m sooooo ashamed! lol
At least I don’t Elf around. :-)

Pixie Girl @ 09/16/2010 at 2:20 pm

I can’t wait for this movie! I have missed Orlando on the big screen so much. I’ll even see this one in 3-D. I don’t really like 3-D, but, the Duke’s sword and all… hehe

I do hope I can see some of his other movies before a year goes by though (Main Street, The Good Doctor)

Love him!!

=)

Pixie Girl @ 09/16/2010 at 2:30 pm

@jaye:

LOL

You’re cute with your Elf Obsession. It’s completly understandable though. Legolas is one sexy Elf! I’ll admit I have a mini-Legolas action figure – and a Will Turner ;)

Maybe The Duke will be a dress-up doll. LOL

=)

ORLANDO LOOKS AWFUL ,and the hair…a mess!!!!he is just like a CLOWN!!!!yuck

@brenda:

Are you nuts or just dumb? He’s in a period piece costume. Maybe it’s not to your taste but don’t say Orlando looks awful. Boohiss at you! Go away!

@24 Post a picture of you irresistible “beauty” LOL.
Can’t wait for Orlando on my screen again Main Street and The Good Doctor look good and people should see them because Orlando to me is a good actor even Johnny said that it’s only that people know him for movies where he was asked certain things an he did his job not his fault it was the studios fault especially Elizabethtown if you look at him in Ned Kelly you would be amazed or his guest star in Extras is really amazing when my aunt saw Heaven she praised him and the movie and she is one of the biggest Orlando “haters” out there when it comes to his acting I made her see it LOL and she really liked it .

It looks like he just stepped out of a painting.
He looks fantastic in costume!
He is so gorgeous!

Why are they making another version of this story? Has Hollywood run out of ideas?

He’s a dweeb.

I think they’re making another version of this story because the Robert Downey Sherlock Holmes was so successful. They need another really well-known property to try the same thing with. There were actually two rival projects to do this earlier in the year, but this one got Christoph Waltz and the other one realised they couldn’t beat that, and folded.

Orlando looks like he belongs in that era, like I could expect to find his picture in a history book beside Captain Kidd, Cotton Mather or anybody else from that time. Love his outfit, except for the collar around his neck–that had to be uncomfortable! He’s going to be the villain in this movie, right? I’ve only seen one version of Three Muskateers and it was the Disney version back in the 90s with Tim Curry or someone like that; and I’ve never read the book.
Wonder what the holdup is with Main Street? Its been a year and a half since they were in North Carolina shooting it and to my knowledge, it still hasn’t hit the theaters. I can’t wait to hear Orlando with a southern drawl lol.

Indie movies can lie on the shelf for years looking for distributors.
There are literally thousands of movies with well known actors that we will never see on the big screen.
Indie movies are often more artistic in nature, and can’t guarantee big box office money for distributors, so they shy away from them.
The indie that I really want to see is Sympathy for Delicious. Orlando is supposed to be amazing in that one.
Guess that I will have to satisfy myself with the Duke until The Stain makes an appearance.

He
looks
gorgeous!

i thought they were done shooting. i really wanna see this movie!

Done?
They just started filming a couple of weeks ago.
They won’t be finished filming for months. The movie will be released late next year. yes, I know. That’s awfully far away. I can’t wait to see that gorgeous man on the big screen again!

Jokergurl @ 09/17/2010 at 1:32 am

Amazing costumes, my guess is they had to come up with material from all over the world to make these accurate like they usually do for period movies.

I love period pieces and Orlando fits in any period. =) I think this place is too beautiful for words, I would love to see it first hand one day.
I too cannot wait for “the stain” to make his appearance. And I cant wait for that southern drawl in Main Street and the Doctor looks sooooo good. I hope this movie is a big success and then that will help sell all the other movies.
And Pixie, good girl for remembering the sword in 3D. lol

just sayin' @ 09/18/2010 at 12:17 am

Don’t wanna jinx anything but…Patricia Clarkson – also in “Main Street” – is getting lots of buzz for her new movie “Cairo”. Hopefully, it will give the powers that be a little push to get “Main Street” out on main street.

Love Orlando. Good to see him again onscreen. Was not a fan of the elf but loved the pirate. My all-time fave was the crusader – guh, that chest.

Colin Firth is also getting a lot of buzz for The King’s Speech and thought to have a chance at the Oscar. And Riley Keogh in Good Doctor has been cast in Mad Max 4. And Glenn Close thinks she’s going to get the money for Albert Nobbs. And Paul Hillcoat has been attached to Red Circle. I’ve wondered if Orlando has a pay-or-play deal for this, and it’s why he stayed attached to it for so long. In which case, they have to pay him whether or not they cast him, so they have an incentive to keep him in the cast.

Lots of grounds for cautious optimism!

@38 & @40 All sounds good, I like cautious optimism!
I’m glad you explanined pay-or-play. =)

Nathan Fasoldt @ 07/06/2012 at 8:11 pm

I am looking for a gay male in the tampa area that is willing to let me live with him for sexual favors, I cant keep a job, but I can server a man. contact me at nastynate1199@yahoo.com