Balthazar Getty Opens Up About Affair with Sienna Miller

Balthazar Getty Opens Up About Affair with Sienna Miller

Balthazar Getty sets the record straight on his affair with Sienna Miller back in 2008 in the latest issue of Harper’s Bazaar, featuring cover girl Drew Barrymore!

Here’s what the 35-year-old actor had to share:

On moving on from the experience: “Here’s the bottom line: It was a very challenging time for everybody involved, but I loved and missed my family too much not to make it work. Rosetta is understanding enough and spiritual enough to let us try. In a way it – I don’t know …I feel like we’re better than we’ve ever been.”

On his new philosophy: “You can do two things in life when an obstacle comes your way: You can tackle it, or you can allow it to break you down.”

Rosetta, on speaking openly about the situation: “I’m open to talking about it because I believe we go through things in a public way to help other people get through it. I’d love to talk about it more with people when I’m clearer about it. I’m going to have to explain this to my daughters one day. I chose not to act from ego because I just felt like it would be too crushing for my children.”

Bigger pic inside…

balthazar getty harpers bazaar 01

Christopher Polk/Getty

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All

Why are they talking about it? That’s wierd. Well anyway, forgiving a person who steps outside the marriage isn’t a sign of weakness, it can be a sign of the strength that comes from love – love of the person, love of your family, love of yourself. Rosetta has choices and power, she’s not being a doormat, and nobody should think of her as weak or wrong for taking him back. Getty is the one who carries the burden of his dishonesty, and he’ll have to work it out for himself.

@Jojo:

Hahah what rock have you been living under. You do know Jude was married with 3 kids and then cheated on his wife with the baby sister. And their has been countless number of women who came out and said they’ve had an affair with jude. Not to mention he had a “baby scare” with some unknown chick (who knows if the kid was his). And I could of sworn I heard him stray from sienna before and that’s why they broke up. Jude is a total *****, all men who cheat on their wives are ******.

jessemosslover @ 09/20/2010 at 7:40 pm

As soon as his affair became public I stopped watching his show “brothers and sisters”. And I havent watched it since.

He’s a gross pig. She better check herself for the HERPS!!

Keep in mind that Rosetta took the high road and never called Sienna out for the homewrecking stupid ho bag that she is. That’s total class. Sienna is still a ***** compared to her. Thank god her career is over, unless she puts up with that balding nanny-tapper long enough for him to find her work.

But Balthazar is still the dregs of humanity.

Go Ask Alice @ 09/20/2010 at 9:44 pm

His wife did take the highroad.
Good luck and best to her. Trust is something so hard to overcome. Ican’t say she is dumb or smart.Forgiving or not.
Best to her. Maybe they can make it work.Maybe is really going to do it right and be right and they stay together and will celebrate their 50th and beyond .
It is personal why people stay and others leave.
Best to her. Best luck.
One thing that is true and everyone can say and foretell the future on is that BGetty is lucky to have herstay with him and that they have a wonderful family there of kids.
He is blessed. Maybe he knows and maybe he does not. Time will tell.

GWEN IS NUTS!! @ 09/20/2010 at 9:58 pm

@Go Ask Alice: Gwen is at it again! Nutso lady.

GWEN IS NUTS!! @ 09/20/2010 at 10:02 pm

@WhatGoesAround….: Another essay on fidelity from Gwen.
Hey crazy lady we get it!! Go get a life! Go on! Shoo, shoo….

Do you people know that Balthazar is well known for picking up women at the Chateau Marmont with his friends? And Rosetta is well aware of it. The only reason she took exception to Sienna was because it was very public.

So boo-hoo to her.

@Ria: I have heard that about him. Apparently she does turn a blind eye to his affairs, except for this time. Why she would wait around for crumbs from him is beyond me? I see her as a weak woman, not a strong one. A strong one would have said “no more” long ago and walked away for the good of herself and children.

Getty is pathetic @ 09/20/2010 at 11:25 pm

He probably can’t make the rent and his family won’t give him any money as he is an embarrassment to them so he has to go make up with his wife. I’m sure he’s learned his lesson. Be more discreet about his affairs in the future!!! Like he will ever change?

First of all his family the Getty’s have probably BILLIONS, don’t you think the FAMILY lawyers would have made him sign a prenup? HELLO!!! She would get some but hardly anything. All of his family money is iron-clad. She benefits by staying in the marriage. Not a stupid woman.

Why are they talking about it?
I don´t know. The people sell their life, poor or rich and I don´t understand their taste for naked their stories.
Class? Rossetta haven´t class. I don´t know nothing abourt her, but this is enough.
Intimacy, privacity are great things but this pair have forget this.

Photos of Sienna and Getty all over one another in ….3, 2, 1

Leann is stalking GWEN @ 09/21/2010 at 2:11 am

@GWEN IS NUTS!!:

Wow, you came to a Sienna and Getty thread just to talk about GWEN?

Just admit it, you have a crush on her, don’t you?

That must be nice, seeJJ, you really need to do something about these pr people you allow to post on your site.

Leann is stalking GWEN @ 09/21/2010 at 2:12 am

@GWEN IS NUTS!!:

Wow, you are stalking GWEN just like you stalked Eddie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No reep reeps @ 09/21/2010 at 10:10 am

@WhatGoesAround:

Honey, stay positive and work hard and you’ll succeed at your career and life. Doing a reep reep won’t get you anywhere because you’re putting negative energy out there, so that’s what will come back to you too.

Why the negativity?

London Fog @ 09/21/2010 at 10:23 am

@Paris Jade:

Paris Jade…that’s a nice name. I think this was written by someone who sympathizes and doesn’t judge. That’s cool, but I think one of the reasons for that is that you may be a cheater yourself.

You can cheat and maybe you have valid reasons for doing so, but you can’t take it for granted that you can go back to what you might have had before hand. You can fix a crack in the sidewalk but it will always be there and when the weather gets extreme, it may split again.

In other words, sooner or later the thing that made you cheat in the first place will come back so either you need to change the way you deal with problems or split.

Very easy to create a fantasy world where you have the illusion that everything is easy and perfect (like an affair)….no responsibility, no committment and the one being cheated on is left holding the bag.

There may be valid reasons to seek comfort elsewhere and sometimes marriages survive it, but if there’s no kids, maybe the best thing is to break up especially if it was a bad relationship to start with.

London Fog @ 09/21/2010 at 10:55 am

Give up on me then. I’ve given up on having a relationship with you. I wish you’d just take me at my word that that is the case and move on with me so we can both get on to some more positive place.

London Fog @ 09/21/2010 at 10:59 am

The woman is right only if she is or was your wife/life partner. You were never either. You know that’s just an attempt to cling until you get your pay dirt. You’re afraid some other woman will start to have an influence and you will lose yours.

You don’t have to worry, I’m very aware you’re quite capable and willing to screw me over again.

London Fog @ 09/21/2010 at 11:08 am

God, you’re stuborn. :)

You are right. That is something that is a universal given, correct? (even when you might be wrong).

London Fog @ 09/21/2010 at 11:39 am

I wasn’t giving you the best of my love.
I am capable of giving quite a bit more…only I’m not interested in giving it to you THAT way. I’ll give my best to you long distance and my best to someone else close up.

Just like you’ve been doing. ;)

London Fog @ 09/21/2010 at 11:57 am

It’s only fair, babe. :)

Pink's Hairdresser @ 09/21/2010 at 12:03 pm

I don’t want us to hurt each other anymore. I just want this to be over.
You know I love you. I am just an abusive funt.

If I don’t love someone else, ironically I’ll probably treat them better.

Stay with him then. You seem to like him don’t you?
You never gave your best to me either. So let’s leave it.

who wants a 40+ yr old woman with 5 kids and no money?… that’s why she stayed with balthy. once they hit that 10yr married mark, he has to support her for life BUT he hasn’t received his inheritance yet so she’s out of luck if they’re divorced now.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All