Jennifer Lopez & Steven Tyler: American Idol's Newest Judges!

Jennifer Lopez & Steven Tyler: American Idol's Newest Judges!

It’s official – Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler are American Idol‘s newest judges!

Rumors had been circulating of the two’s involvement, but the news was confirmed at a press conference held today (September 22) in Los Angeles.

“As an artist and producer, I am excited to call Fox my home, and I am looking forward to working with Tom [Rothman], Jim [Gianopulos], Peter [Rice] and the entire Fox team to create and produce the kinds of film and television projects that reflect my passion for entertaining audiences and telling great stories,” said Jennifer. “I’m looking for the next Michael Jackson. We’re looking for the best American Idol ever. I’m so excited!”

Jennifer and Steven will join returning judge Randy Jackson on the judging panel when Idol returns to FOX in January.

Judges Simon Cowell, Ellen DeGeneres and Kara DioGuardi recently left the show.

jennifer lopez idol announcement01
jennifer lopez idol announcement02
jennifer lopez idol announcement03
jennifer lopez idol announcement04
jennifer lopez idol announcement05
jennifer lopez idol announcement06

AKM-GSI
  • Lisa Vanderpump is selling her restaurant - TMZ
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Chasing Life- Just Jared Jr
  • Kyra Sedgwick will guest-star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine- Entertainment Weekly
  • DMX loses his mind while riding a roller coaster- Huffington Post
  • Is Kevin Smith still friends with Ben Affleck?- Lainey Gossip
  • Eva Herzigova shows off her body in a one piece bathing suit- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

omygod Y? jlo is an egomaniac with no talent… and she’s so stupid.

Dubya Bush @ 09/22/2010 at 1:29 pm

What the hell was the point of keeping Randy there? They should have replaced him too! He’s just dead weight, always has been.

Bretton James @ 09/22/2010 at 1:30 pm

I hope this is the last ever season of this show and that they finally cancel this series. Jennifer Lopez should do more mainstream movies. The only good things about American Idol were the incredibly gorgeous Carrie Underwood, Katharine McPhee and Kellie Pickler.

AMENSISTER @ 09/22/2010 at 1:34 pm

watch how JLO makes it all about her, Fox has just wrote the death knell for A.I.

Jlo will always steal the show @ 09/22/2010 at 1:35 pm

It looks like Randy and Steven are saying what the heck are we doing
here>>>When Jlo steals the show..big time..!! Look at her face I am
the QUEENOF THE SHOW WHAT I SAY GOES..!!! WHO NEEDS THOSE
TWO CHANGE THE NAME OF THE SHOW TO THE JLO TALENT SHOW

I’ll actually tune in this season! Good choices.

JLO trash! I will never watch Idol again they should have rehired Paula.

now that my girl jlo is gonna be on this show imma be watching
good luck jenny this is gonna be exciting cant wait

Steve was a good choice at least he knows something about music and did not sleep with every music producer on earth to get a contract. But since it is the last season of American Idol they chose the least talented woman they could think of to replace Ellen and that is JLO. The show was on its last legs a year ago but now its death fate is sealed by hiring this no talent, has-been ******, ugly, reject woman.

wow I was planning on not watchng bc I cant imagine without simon but I love both jlo and Steven tyler of aerosmith. steven has talent and knows his stuff, jlo will know the more entertainment/star presnce stuff. good call in my books. besides she is pretty to look at and i will look forward to see what she wears, lol.

MRS. AFFLECK @ 09/22/2010 at 1:45 pm

Now that the show is done for the chose a POOR HOE REEK GARBAGE CAN TO DRIVE THE FINAL NAIL IN ITS COFFIN. JESSICA SIMPSON WOULD HAVE BEEN A MORE SUPERIOR CHOICE.

I hate to break it to you folks but alot of the stuff said about J-LO is simply NOT true.
Rumors about “diva” behavior invovling these negoiations were lies spread by someone with an axe to grind…it was revealed on another show.

I like her..wish her luck.

I NEVER watch American Idol..only checked out auditions with Simon’s comments because they were pricelss. The show is annoying…how can anyone stand that singing and kids who don’t even know the origins of the songs they’re sining or the words…
they have a sense of entitlement and just want fame.

That said…Simon and Paula’s back and forth was cute but FOX really bled this show dry…it’s on too much and it’s novelty is over.

Billboard @ 09/22/2010 at 1:47 pm

I agree, Jessica Simpson would have been the perfect choice for the show. Jessica is talented, young, beautiful and would have more appeal to REAL AMERICANS, not ILLEGALS.

BIG NO NO @ 09/22/2010 at 1:49 pm

hahahhhhhhha J-LO ummm SHE CAN’T SING!!!!!

J-LO IS A DANCER/ACTRESS!!!!!!!!

NOT A SINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY CAN’T THEY HIRE DONNA SUMMER, ARETHA FRANKLIN, BONO, ANITA BAKER, OR DIANA ROSS????????

SMH!!!!!!!!

This show has been going downhill since Paula’s departure. Simon left because he missed Paula, now the show will not be worth viewing with the addition of this media ***** JLO. She will do anything to keep from staying at home with her hideous twins and crackhead hubby. Bring back the talented judges. How can a woman without talent judge a talent show? Answer: she can’t! What a joke American Idol has become.

Love Steve Tyler!
Hate JLO Jello!
What a farce.

ew. But not to Steve.

Outrage. Fox has lost its mind entirely. I can not wait until this show fails and it will with J.Lopez onboard.

HEY JENNY FROM THE BLOCK—-WHAT’S WITH THE I, I,, ME ME CRAP. THE SHOW HAS NOT EVEN STARTED AND YOU ALREADY TURNED ME OFF. I WAS ( A.I.) N0. 1 FAN, NOT ANY MORE. . WHO WANTS TO SEE A HAS BEEN SINGER, WHEN SHE ALREADY THREW OUT THERE THAT SHE IS A PRODUCER. I SURE HOPE THAT RANDY AND STEVEN PUT HER IN HER PLACE SINCE DAY ONE. —-BIG, BIG MISTAKE –AMERICAN IDOL. BETTY WHITE WOULD HAVE DONE 100 TIMES BETTER THAN THIS PRODUCER. HAHAHA

I n F a m o u s l y C o o l... @ 09/22/2010 at 2:10 pm

…lopez cant sing, and she doesn’t write music. she doesn’t even sign artist. who is she to judge anyone, anywhere, on anything?!? …seriously, is she going to sit on her head and let her asss do the talking?! cause her ass is the product, she just carries it around. ahahahahahahahaha.

a female powerhouse would have brought some life back to AI, like someone pointed out, Donna Summers, Cher, Aretha Franklin, Bette Midler, but Jennifer Lopez brings NOTHING to the table, except a racial quota, one white, one black, one mexican, if that was their motivation they accomplished that but its a ratings loser.

Jlo’s not fit to judge? Since when? Since when was Paula a singer?

Randy & Kara helped kill the show, I’m glad Kara’s gone, they need to boot Randy’s uesless fat as.s too lol. I have no prob with JLo but Paula brought positivity to the table every week, what’s Jlo gonna bring?

WHO GIVE A **** ANYMORE?

Cowell left the panel when this show died. Cut the life support off already.

SugarMagnolia @ 09/22/2010 at 2:55 pm

Just because someone can’t sing, doesn’t make them incapable of recognizing talent.

@Rhonda…Jennifer is NOT Mexican. She is Puerto Rican, Huge Difference!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All