Alexis Bledel & Saoirse Ronan: 'Violet & Daisy' Assassins!

Alexis Bledel & Saoirse Ronan: 'Violet & Daisy' Assassins!

Alexis Bledel will soon be Saoirse Ronan‘s partner in crime!

Alexis, 29, has signed on to star opposite Saoirse, 16, in the upcoming film Violet & Daisy about two teenage hitgirls, according to Variety.

The film centers around the young assassins who are lured into what is supposed to be just another quick, easy job.

They soon run into complications as the man they’re supposed to kill (James Gandolfini) is not what they expected.

The movie will be the directorial debut of screenwriter Geoffrey Fletcher, who won an Oscar earlier this year for his work on Precious.

Jamie McCarthy/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All
ashley.rose @ 09/23/2010 at 1:33 pm

Two beautiful and talented actresses.
I see this being a fantastic movie.

But, though she does look young, when will Alexis be offered a good part for someone her age.

Considering how most white women pushing 30 look nowadays she looks amazing. I wouldn’t have thought she’d be older than 25.

I love Alexis but isn’t she too old to play a convincing teenager? Her co-star is 13 years younger than her! The age discrepancy has to be noticeable when they are shooting those two next to each other.

Alexis Bledel is incredibly gorgeous. I hope that she does more mainstream movies from now on.

the truth @ 09/23/2010 at 1:51 pm

look like the movie will be good one for these actors. Like to see movies with the women in control. lol

@variety: Alexis looks like a teenager, so it’s not a surprise.

Saoirse Ronan looks older than her age, hell when Alexis was Saoirse’s age she looked a million times younger.

Radiohead @ 09/23/2010 at 2:42 pm

She still looks the same as did in the first season of Gilmore Girls. She’ll get away with it.

Yes! is nice to know that we’ll see her in a new movie

“Alexis, 29″ :D She looks 19 and the perfect Snow White, if the rumors are true.

O.o Saoirse Ronan was the girl on Atonement!

So its Alexis Bledel’s GAIN and Carey Mulligan’s LOST?!
So we’ll see…

Its a great cast. Goodluck to the film ast its looks interesting. Wonder if there’s leading man?!

W/ Alexis NEW hairdo. She & Saoirse looked already like “sisters”.

A Gilmore Girls reunion would be nice too; so please please please!!!

I/m having a hard time pronoucing the name “Saiorse” or even wrote ot spelled in down LOL

I mean… I’M having a hard time pronoucing the name “Saiorse” or even wrote OR spelled in down LOL

I love Saoirse Ronan in Atonement & Lovely Bones.

chickeedee @ 09/23/2010 at 10:40 pm

I want Alexis’ eyes so freakin’ much!

@10 – Whoa I can’t believe they chose Alexis to replaced Carey Mulligan. Alexis must really have talent – isnt it?!

Good to see Alexis is still working and can get interesting roles. She and Ronan are both pretties & talented.

Are we sure Bledel didn’t sign a pact with the devil alongside Michael Cera to look young forever?
LOLZZZ!

NOT really a fan of Bledel. She hasn’t wowed me yet w/ her acting roles and hopefully she does well in this film & can keep keep up w/ the more talented S. Ronan.

Oooh I love Alexis & glad she’s still workin’ and I’m prepared to be “surreally surprised” by what she have got w/ this film.

team-alexis @ 09/23/2010 at 11:14 pm

And Alexis would still be a busy-bee gal throught out the year or so – YAY!!!

Such an interesting concept w/ a great & talented cast. Hope the movie does well and or earn some recognition as it more looks like it.

garethglund @ 09/23/2010 at 11:35 pm

So Saoirse will be playing to two assassin movies huh?!
Whatever, if its not that “chick flick” I’ll go for it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All