Emma Stone: Spidey's New Girl?

Emma Stone: Spidey's New Girl?

Emma Stone has been added to the list of front-runners to land one of the two female leads in the upcoming Spider-Man reboot.

The 21-year-old Easy A actress joins Lily Collins, Teresa Palmer, and Mia Wasikowska on the list, though she is a front-runner due to her relationship with the studio, according to Variety.

Emma is also up for the lead in the reboot of 21 Jump Street. She would play opposite of Jonah Hill in the film, which will begin production in early 2011.

• How many glasses of wine can Gerard Depardieu drink a day?- US Weekly
  • Joan Rivers' doctor was also Celine Dion's doctor- TMZ
  • Macklemore is the latest victim of a death hoax- Gossip Cop
  • Check out cast portraits for Jane the Virgin - Just Jared Jr
  • Bill Hader will host Saturday Night Live- Entertainment Weekly
  • Ana Braga shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

I say either Emma Stone or Teresa Palmer. Mia Wasikowska would be an interesting/unexpected choice.

i heard emma roberts wants the part too, i hope that doesn’t happen

MissAnthropica @ 09/25/2010 at 5:32 pm

@calli: Emma Roberts now that would be horrible. The girl cant act and is stuck up as hell just because of who her AUNT is.
I think Emma Stone would be a great choice or any of the others they said are in the running except Emma My Aunt is Julia Roberts ugh.
Jonah Hill is going to be in 21 Jump Street?
Oh I really really hope not lol
REALLY HOPE NOT.
Getting tired of seeing him in EVERYTHING and then watching that film often bomb.
There has to be a better choice than Jonah Hill,

MissAnthropica @ 09/25/2010 at 5:33 pm

I think Emma Stone is going to get all the parts Lindsay Lohan could of or would of got if she wasnt such a druggie f@ck up.
Hopefully Emma Stone doesnt end up like Lohan though in real life, yuck.

jessemosslover @ 09/25/2010 at 5:46 pm

I didnt even know they were making a 21 Jump Street movie. Why why why are these movie execs suddenly taking classic 80′s shows and making them into crappy movies? GRRR.

Anyone but Emma Roberts.

Radiohead @ 09/25/2010 at 5:56 pm

Emma or Mia would be great. They need someone that can measure up to the triumphant talent that is Andrew Garfield.

Please Emma, don’t do the 21 Jump Street remake. You deserve so much better.

@MissAnthropica: Actually, Emma Roberts can act. Perhaps you should rent Lymelife.

Rebecca Honey @ 09/25/2010 at 6:06 pm

I hope that in this new film series they include the following love interests and leave Mary-Jane Watson out of the films for at least a while:
Liz Allan, Betty Brant, Gwen Stacy, Debra Whitman, April Maye, Michele Gonzales, Jean DeWolff, Jessica Drew, Lisa Skye, Marcy Kane, Angelica Jones, Felicia Hardy, Sarah Rushman, Carlie Cooper, Norah Winters.

They should utilise the villains that weren’t included in the previous films such as Beetle (Abner Jenkins), Carnage, Chameleon, Electro, Enforcers, Hammerhead, Hobgoblin, Hydro-Man, Jackal, Kingpin, Kraven the Hunter, Lizard, Morbius, Mysterio, Rhino, Scorpion, Shocker, Silvermane, Spot, Tinkerer, Tombstone, Vulture.

I just saw easy A, her acting was GREAT.

I just saw easy A, her acting was GREAT.

she’s so gorgeous!! and talented.

NicePeepers @ 09/25/2010 at 8:15 pm

Emma Stone has such lovely eyes. They are such a pretty shape and color.

Loved her in house bunny!!

CatholicBitch @ 09/25/2010 at 8:24 pm

What about Megan Fox? LOL That’s right they’re looking for an actress. Emma Stone is PERFECT.

Emma Stone is a better choice. She is a great actress.

She’s pretty much perfect for the role, and she seems very intelligent and put together so I predict she will have a very long and successful career.

ugh…shes cute for comedies but beyond that no…i cant see her delving into a character

I hope she gets both projects
She’s a great actress I loved her
in Easy A.

I think she would be great, I hope she gets the role.

I feel the need to voice my opinion just in case they are taking into consideration the public’s opinion of who should be cast as Mary Jane, because after all, we are the ones who pay to watch the movie. I would LOVE it if Emma Stone played her. It would be the topping on the cake, and I’d definitely go watch it then. Otherwise, I might be a little discouraged. All others being considered just don’t fit the Mary Jane character in my opinion.

Emma Stone would be an awesome choice!

Emma’s cute, sure. But no MJ.

She could not portay the gentleness of MJ plus her voice would be irritating.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All