Darren Criss: GLEE's Newest Star!

Darren Criss: GLEE's Newest Star!

Darren Criss has been cast in Glee!

The actor-singer-songwriter, who played Matt Dallas’ bro on Eastwick, will play the character of Blaine — a cute and charismatic gay student from a rival glee club named the Dalton Academy Warblers.

Blaine will probably play a love interest/boyfriend for Kurt (Chris Colfer). Interesting casting!

DO YOU THINK Chris Colfer and Darren Criss would make a cute couple?

OMG ! Gay Darren on glee ?! I don’t know if they would make a cute couple but I sure know that Darren’s awesome !! Go Darren !

no I want 2 see chord overstreet

I don’t so much love the idea of him and Chris Colfer, but I’m thrilled that he’s going to be on Glee!

Anything with Darren Criss is just…. TOO AMAZING <3 And actually, yeah. I think they’d make a very cute couple!

You just made me the happiest girl on earth with this news. He’s super talented. Now I’m so excited, I can’t sleep.

A very potter musical/sequel’s harry freakin potter. YESSSSSS!!!!

I thought his name would be blair….

Elizabeth @ 09/26/2010 at 8:13 pm

Okay, they seriously need to get married in real life…so Chris Colfer could change his name to Chris Chriss.

starkidftw @ 09/26/2010 at 8:24 pm

yes! fangirl prayers have been answered! congrats darren! this is so awesome.

Lisa Ramero @ 09/26/2010 at 8:29 pm

It’s harry freaking potter for A Very Potter Musical! SO excited!

Darren is amazing, he is a super nice guy and an azming actor/ singer/ songwriter! he is Perfect for glee! I LOVE YOU DARREN!

I AM SOO HAPPY!!!!!!!!! This is the best decision ever!!!!!! DARREN FREAKING CRISS IS GOING TO BE ON GLEE!!!!!!!!!!!

great!! its gonna be amazing see him in glee!!

woot! That is great news. Darren totally deserves it! Represent the gays!

What a beautiful eyes!!…he is cute but I don’t like the hair too much

Yes! Super happy. Not a big Glee fan, but this’ll put Darren on the map WAY more than Eastwick could have.

YESSSS! DARREN CRISS IS SO TALENTED HE DESERVES THIS!

YES!!! Darren so deserves this! It’ll be interesting to see him with Chris Colfer, can’t wait to see this!

Katherine @ 09/26/2010 at 9:09 pm

@Tierney: tierney you are everywhere hahaha!!

nope, they dont make a cute couple cause he´s MINE!!!
hahaha
I love him and Im so happy for him!

Charlotte @ 09/26/2010 at 9:21 pm

DARREN!!!!!!! YAY!! he so deserves this, he is so talented.

Noel Potter @ 09/26/2010 at 9:30 pm

You cannot imagine the prolonged intensity of the happy dance I just performed.
Can I just say OH my FREAKING wizard GOD, what a BOSS win?!?!
This is fantastic! And goes to show how much consideration Ryan Murphy and the producers put into the fans’ opinion. It’s fantastic! :D

Now that I think about it, Darren and Chris would actually look pretty cute together. I personally think this will work out VERY well.

Now to go tell everyone I know…

hogwarts13 @ 09/26/2010 at 9:48 pm

It’s Harry Frickin’ Potter!!!!

is it just me, or do these cast members look nothing like teenagers? “Glee’ isn’t guilty alone – Vampire Diaries, 90210, etc.

HE’S HARRY FREAKIN’ POTTER!

@brenda:
He actually just cut it.
Lol, so you’re in luck.

NO! Sam has to be kurts bf! plus Ry Murph already said Kurts bf wasnt gonna be openly gay

I think I just died a little inside. I LITERALLY SCREAM WHEN I HEARD THIS!!! I. CAN. NOT. BELIEVE. IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SO FLIPIN HAPPY!!!!!

Me thinks, with Darren on Glee, their ratings and are gonna go THROUGH THE ROOF. I personally, cannot freaking wait. Love Glee, love AVPM/S, love Darren’s music, love the casting!

glee should be up for an award for how many guest stars and new cast members come on the show but then it probably wouldn’t be fair to everyone else!!

i lovelovelove the casting, because darren is amazing and always has been- but as for darren & chris? it prob won’t work out since darren’s straight, but hey: blaine and kurt would be supercute =]

carriewhite410 @ 09/27/2010 at 12:33 am

NOOOO!! DARREN CRISS ISN’T ALLOWED TO PLAY KURT’S BOYFRIEND!!!!
There are going to be thousands of females who die a little inside at their jealousy…..

they never confirmed that darren will be playing Kurt’s boyfriend……….

@reba: I don’t think you understand DARREN CRISS IS GOING TO BE ON GLEE!!!! who cares how old he looks!!!!!!! IT DARREN CRISS

iamtheonewhoistotalyawsome @ 09/27/2010 at 4:36 am

ohmygawd
i gotta start watching glee

Wowee! Harry Potter!

If he´ll play Kurts new boyfriend, I wonder where Sam (Chord) will end up? Maybe a new boyfriend for Rachel, Quinn, Santana or Sunshine. Maybe they will create a new love triangle for Rachel, Sam and Sunshine. Maybe Sam, Rachel and Finn. Maybe a love triangle for Artie, Sunshine and Sam. Or maybe a love triangle for Puck, Santana, and Sam or maybe Brittany, Sam and Santana. Maybe just Sam and Quinn. OK stop.. That´s a lot of maybe´s…

HOLY MACKERAL!! What a great casting! I need to start watching Glee, because now they’ve got Harry ‘freakin’ Potter on their show!!!

Best casting ever! OMGOMGOMG! I hoped this would happen but I never thought it actually would. I am going to spontaniously combust from happiness when his character and Kurt are even in, like, the same shot. Casting guys over at Glee…you have made the best decision of your careers. You will not regret it XD

OMG! IT’S HARRY FREAKIN’ POTTER ON GLEE!!!!!!! :)
that’s TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!! :D

ChocolateMantle @ 09/28/2010 at 1:31 am

I don’t really like glee and all but DAMN!~ If he’s Kurt’s love interest i’m gonna have to start watching it… :P

ugh… i want SAM to be Kurt’s BF… I mean come on a gay wuarterback is like WIN!!!!! Chord Overstreet!!!!

ugh… i want SAM to be Kurt’s BF… I mean come on a gay quarterback is like WIN!!!!! Chord Overstreet!!!!

Rumbleroar @ 09/29/2010 at 8:43 am

Eeeep! Darren!!!

Erica Reyes @ 09/29/2010 at 5:05 pm

OMG! I’m so excited that Darren’s going to be on Glee! He’s really an amazing musician and so talented in general. He deserves this!

Wow, I am SO happy that Darren has joined the cast. If any of you haven’t seen it, I’d recommend watching “A Very Potter Musical” and “A Very Potter Sequel” (which he wrote all the music for)… even if you aren’t a Potter fan, you’ll PEE yourself laughing. I guarantee it. Oh, also, he has an EP out called “Human” that’s AMAZING. The songs on it are my favorites at the moment : )

Oh, you can also find him here:
Youtube- http://www.youtube.com/iclemyer
Twitter- http://www.twitter.com/darrencriss
Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/iclemyer
Website- http://www.darrencriss.com
Myspace- http://www.myspace.com/darrencriss

And here’s where you can find AVPM and AVPS:

Like I said, Darren is AMAZING and you should definitely check out his stuff : ) He’s definitely my favorite artist at the moment. You could say I have an obsession. But he deserves this, and I am so happy for him.

it’s harry freaking potter! DUDE, THIS IS GONNA BE TOTALLY AWESOME!

I really want Chord Overstreet to play Chris Colfer’s boyfriend. Not that this guy isn’t cute. It’s just that chris and chord are why cuter together. I hope that chris character Kurt will end up with Chord’s character Sam. Not this guy can’t be with him. I know that Ryan said that Chord won’t be Chris’s boyfriend. But, I think that he is trying to throw us off.

Darren Criss on Glee?!

IT’S GONNA BE TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!

DARREN FREAKIN’ CRISS! I am so excited. I don’t care if he ends up with anyone, just him being there will be magic. And they get points for random AVPM references.

OMG HELL YES! <3

OH MY GOD.
DARREN.
YOU BEAUTY.
I never really watched Glee, but I’ll watch it for him!

Woo! Darren Criss + Glee = BEST COMBINATION EVER! Haha. Can’t wait.

Rachel Lynn H. @ 10/08/2010 at 8:08 pm

Hmmmmm, I think Darren Criss isn’t attractive but he has an excellent voice. I think the character of Blaine/Blair should be a popular prep who is into politics, reading, theater, music, and on the Debate Team as well as the Glee Music Club. Plus Sam should be a likeable character who is a Class Clown and a Social Butterfly who is into sports, yoga and mediation, working out, partying and hanging out with friends as well as secretly a big fan of the “Glee” music club and into music, and Glee Club helps him accept himself as a music lover.

Oh no, That’d be way too awesome.

eh, nevermind
THAT IS SO TOTALLYAWESOME

Oh my rowling, thank you wizard god, what a freakin boss win!

omg darren! yaaay from a very potter musical!

its harry freakin’ potter!

YES! VPM’s harry potter the two world collide!!!

@brenda:

He cut it recently actually, it’s kind of a little fauxhawk thing.

Things that happend when I found out about Darren Criss being on Glee:

1) I have a poster of both Darren Criss and Chris colfer in my locker, and when I found out about this I moved them together and drew hearts all over them. :D

2) My fangirl scream was that of epic proportions.

3) I started imagining Chris Colfer saying “Totally awesome” After like…..everything.

4) I praised Grilled cheesus and my totally boss Zefron poster

5) I dedcided that they’re couple name would be “Kuraine”

6) I just about friggin died.

Dude, they’re gonna be so SUPERMEGAFOXYAWESOMEHOT

Nice!
But do Chris Colfer and Darren Criss would make a cute COUPLE? NO BLOODY WAY.
I’m still depressed over the change in script with Sam and Kurt :(

padfootpuppy_16 @ 11/01/2010 at 9:47 am

@melz: I know!!! So excited!!! :D

darren criss is supermegafoxyawesome hot ;)

glee freak @ 04/02/2011 at 4:11 pm

omg he is so cool!

darren criss amazing! darren criss as a gay boy not so much. wish ther was a way 2 contact him. Starkid is amazing.

Omg LOVE starkid and very potter musical

I love him and Im so happy for him!