Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Jay Gatsby?

Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Jay Gatsby?

Leonardo DiCaprio is rumored to be up for the lead in the big screen adaptation of The Great Gatsby.

The 35-year-old Inception star would play Jay Gatsby from the classic F. Scott Fitzgerald novel about life during the roaring 20s, Production Weekly reports on its Twitter page.

Amanda Seyfried has reportedly been considered for the role of Daisy Buchanan, while Tobey Maguire would play Nick Carraway.

Australian director Baz Luhrmann (Moulin Rouge, Romeo + Juliet) is deciding whether to work on the period piece or direct a different project.

“I’ve got the script for both of them and I’m making that decision in four to six weeks, no longer than six weeks,” he recently told MTV News.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Leonardo DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby?

Credit: Bryan Bedder, Frederick M. Brown, Alberto E. Rodriguez; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Amanda Seyfried, Baz Luhrmann, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire

Getty
  • Former NFL kicker Rob Bironas passed away at 36 - US Weekly
  • Amber Heard's nude photos hit the web - TMZ
  • Find out why Sarah Silverman is slamming the tabloids - Gossip Cop
  • Kendall Jenner rocked 3 totally different looks in Milan - Just Jared Jr
  • Sir Mix-A-Lot is happy Nicki Minaj used his famous song - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is madly in love with his family - Lainey Gossip
  • Rosie Huntington-Whiteley always looks amazing - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 15 6 7 8 9 10 [11] Show All

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww thanks for cute pics cute!

@entourage @ 10/06/2010 at 1:11 pm

yes i wonder why Leo has never been on that show. However, Leo is very particular about his image. He tries to stay away from attention outside of the movies he does.

Thanks for the Gisele and Tom comment the person who makes those remarks always cracks me up. I love your sarcasm and how you make fun of the haters.

those pics of Leo and Bar when they were kids are the absolute cutest ever. Their baby will have good genes for sure!

@@entourage:

Why bother when he has it in real life? ;)

Just reading through the comments ..there was a question asking whose hotter Leo or Brad. Well i chose Leo, Brad has lost his good looks.

Wow the Israeli media is really looking forward to Leo and Bar having a baby. I love how they say she is practicing for a baby Leo.

awww rest in Peace Joseph Gordon Levitt’s brother. So sad.. Leo will probably send some condolences. Joseph and Leo seemed to really get along on set of Inception and at press junkets.

guest girl @ 10/06/2010 at 1:26 pm

Full force self talking! I guess it’s lunch or dinner time somewhere so why not making some extra money by posting on her behalf? I guess it doesn’t matter that you are making a fool of yourself! LOL!
Baby or grown up photos it doesn’t matter. She cheapens Leo no matter what!

Tinkerbell @ 10/06/2010 at 3:42 pm

It’s really funny how much you want a babybfir barfiie . Nothing else but that. It makes me Ralph.

Meanwhile the proposed baby daddy wants nothing like that, I don’t know why you bother, except for pr purposes. We know Leo dint want that baby. your fantasies are embarrassing and gross.

Anyway he is in la alone clubbing, guess Barfie herself has given up all hope of taming this one. Whatever he wants, she has to put up with it.

No one is impressed Tzipi, but since her career depends on her connection to him, you can keep with the rubies.

Otherwise they are patently ridiculous.

Tinkerbell @ 10/06/2010 at 3:45 pm

Rumors, not rubies!

Tinkerbell @ 10/06/2010 at 5:00 pm

Compare 228 and 229 here. Two verrrrryy diff realities here.

In the middle is the truth- they are still seeing each other, she still wants a family, he still doesn’t, at least not with her. no forward motion.
But as long as her “career” depends on him, ain’t nothing else she can do. As long as all he wants is convenience, he can’t go forward either because no one else will go along with it- she barely does as it is.

It is these two factors which keep them together and it’s unhealthy, but that’s what it is. I think shell be first out, but I don’t know. he likes the convenience because what is he giving up? Nothing.

She’s trapped, although it’s a pretty trap

“she was only a bird in a gil-ded cage…”

Tinkerbell @ 10/06/2010 at 5:07 pm

The Nazi eugenics comments about their perfect blue eyed babies really bother me too.

I know celeb babies are a big marketing and pr deal, but ewwwww

I wonder why Jared won’t post the “new” Ibiza pics- could be they aren’t “new” at all since they ares ided at the source as being august?
I believe he went to the party but I still say the photos are old.

Doesnt matter anyway I believe the Vegas and la tweets.
Jared is only a gossip site but he still can’t outright lie.

Tinkerbell @ 10/06/2010 at 5:17 pm

Btw this is called an afterhought, please look it up in your idiot-English dictionary- the one with the pictures.

doesn’t matter what is going on, there are quite a few people here and other sites who dont like her and don’t respect him for dating her. They think she is an average looking wanna be no talent gold- digging *****, and that is the polite part. we are still allowed to express our dislike/disgust, no matter what, and he still has to (eventually) deal with the fact that many of his fans and the public think she is a joke.like those French ladies posting, the Italian fashionista and eonline. A joke.

His **** in her mouth doesn’t make it different, sorry.

As Neil young says, everyone knows this is nowhere.
He had to take the fallout from his actions and one day we hope he works through his psychic blocks. he does know about the Barfie backlash that is why the separate exits. Not because theyveant to keep their relationship private- that is total bs, her camp is on here everyday saying they ate going to have babies, but because he knows she’s a ho and that his intentions are by no means honorable towards her. Gonna use her for emotional / sexual security till he’s bored. And he is bored but once in a while ain’t bad.

Tinkerbell @ 10/06/2010 at 5:29 pm

Last afterthought I have to eat.

if in another universe, he married her, I would still think less if him and not like her. I’d laugh at every tacky thing she did from her inevitably tacky wedding, dress, and pre-parties, or just ignore them as gross and irrelevant. If they did have a child, I’d feel bad for it especially if it was a girl because shed do the same mind screw her mother did to her on it. I’d expect them to come out like the Douglas boys or the Lohan girls.

But in some ways I’d just accept it. I mean I doubt I would like jennifer Mayer either for a bff but that is Tobes choice and you never see her trying to get anything out of him but him. I don’t even know what she looks like.

This mutual use relationship however us gross. If they did have kids, I wouldn’t say anything because children are innocent and can’t choose their parents. If she wanted to be a wife, have her own life and career i wouldn’t say anything either, but it’s the relentless merchandising of it that makes me sick.

Tinkerbell @ 10/06/2010 at 5:40 pm

One more while I am waiting for my bf to get my food- he has the cutesy little niece that I adore- she is 18 months okd, beautiful, and sweet, he banishes her because the whole family loves her. I’d post a pic of this beautiful child, but you see she is a little chocolate brown girl with pink beads in her hair and i don’t want the Barfies above to see her. What with blue eyed blonde haired babies being perfect and all. Her father stayed home the first year with her ad the mom has career in banking.

This is why I say ew, gross to the comments above.

Just a fast hello and also to thank you for discussing your ideas on this page. I wound up in your blog after researching physical fitness related points on Yahoo… guess I lost track of what I had been doing! Anyway I’ll be back once again inside the long term to verify out your blogposts down the road. Thanks!

@Tinkerbell:

I love Bar Raphaeli. She is fat in all the right places, and her face is so damned PRETTY!

Thumb up Thumb down -11

you can do it hit 600 then go for 10000 then go to the nearest mental ward hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah lets ! Everytime I see one of those you get one of these:

Boycott Bar Refaeli Boycott Bar Refaeli Boycott Bar Refaeli Boycott Bar Refaeli Boycott Bar Refaeli Boycott Bar Refaeli Boycott Bar Refaeli Boycott Bar Refaeli Boycott Bar Refaeli Boycott Bar Refaeli Boycott Bar Refaeli Boycott Bar Refaeli Boycott Bar Refaeli Boycott Bar Refaeli Boycott Bar Refaeli Boycott Bar Refaeli Boycott Bar Refaeli Boycott Bar Refaeli Boycott Bar Refaeli Boycott Bar Refaeli Boycott Bar Refaeli Boycott Bar Refaeli Boycott Bar Refaeli Boycott Bar Refaeli

Don’t buy GARNIER FRUCTIS. She looks ludicrous in the ad anyway!
Boycott Bar ! Boycott Rampage! Boycott Hurley ! Boycott Agua Bendig

@Larry: No, Larry. She’s just fat for a model. Nice try though. And it’s mostly women who come to these sites. No straight guy would bother coming to a gossip site. As if we don’t know you’re a woman, Bar-fly.

Pages: « 15 6 7 8 9 10 [11] Show All