James Franco Crossdresses for Candy Magazine

James Franco Crossdresses for Candy Magazine

James Franco graces the cover Candy Magazine‘s Fall-Winter 2010-2011 issue as photographed by Terry Richardson.

Candy is the first fashion magazine ever completely dedicated to celebrating transvestism, transexuality, cross dressing and androgyny. The Fall-Winter issue is the second in print and is limited to only 1,000 copies.

James and Terry shot the cover image during a shoot in New York City on September 13th.

The 32-year-old actor premiered his recent flick Howl late last month at NYC’s IFC Center. The film will have a nationwide expansion this month.

Kim Kardashian/Instagram

Whatever makes him happy I guess. . .

He should so total be on Glee as Kurt’s FWB!

Of all the guys that might make a pretty woman, he apparently isn’t one of them. That said, dude has some b*lls to be open-minded enough to do such a photo shoot and not fear a backlash from middle America.

Moses Ashford @ 10/05/2010 at 10:29 pm

Obviously some people have no self-respect.

looks like leighton meester

James Franco is really random. He’s pretty hilarious.

Dianna Knows Best @ 10/05/2010 at 10:57 pm

this was the final straw, im never going to be attracted to him after this.

He could definately pull off a remake of Cabaret.

Bela Lugosi @ 10/05/2010 at 11:10 pm

He is as feminine as Gisele. Lol!

i thought that’s blake lively. lol no joke

He so……..random.

@KAY:
I thought the SAME THING. haha but he’s still hot

this guy is weird.

Umh, there are actually guys who are looking good and COMFORTABLE cross-dressing. Like e.g. Brian Molko, Guy Pearce and Adam Lambert. He just looks weird.

Maybe because he is has way too much make-up on and a hideous outfit and hairdo. It makes it almost appear as a mockery. Definitely NOT cool.

what is this? I don’t even know where to begin.

This is truly an amazing cover! Go James Franco for being so open about things!!

Haha wow he pops up everywhere

Rofl!!! You put Boy George to Shame!

wow, looks great.

After that soap opera stint nothing he does surprises me anymore. Go James and go Candy magazine!

Lilakoi Moon @ 10/06/2010 at 1:39 am

Hahaha WTF! Now, people, THIS proves how masculine this guys is :D ….He wouldn’t be good as a female, I knew it. I love how open he is, he doesn’t seem to care. @N.: you’re right. He’s still handsome to me.

Lilakoi Moon @ 10/06/2010 at 1:41 am

@Dianna Knows Best: Oh come on, shut up. He’s so ridiculously sexy and yummy. If that sort of $hit grosses you out, I don’t even want to imagine how open you are.

rock n roll queen @ 10/06/2010 at 2:34 am

like it or not the guy was very brave to do this

Even as a woman he’s hot..!

I love him. He always takes risks without looking like he’s trying too hard. COUGH RIHANNA COUGH.

I had a crush on him.
not anymore :( eww

Freaky as hell but man has this man got balls. Kudos James, for being random and not giving a damn =D Love him!

@N.: Nobody should care about stupid middle America…

jensenLUVER tanya @ 10/06/2010 at 9:30 am

WOW!! Leav it 2 james 2 do sumthin lik this. LOL I luv it!! Y is people critizin him? hes an entertainer. y should he limit himself 2 jus movies? its hilarious, its normal 4 him 2 do stuf lik this. he thinks outside da box. actually this is his best pic yet!! LOL VIVA FRANCO!!

WOW, cool. Didn’t even recognize him!

This is probably the 1st Terry Richradson photoshoot I actually like.

he’s not a pretty woman, BUT, the eye makeup makes his eyes standout, I didn’t notice he had pretty eyes before this LOL. But besides that, yea he is pretty brave to do this

james, I applaude you!! Your acting skills are well established, you’ve been blessed with ‘pretty genes’, your eagerness to continually push the limits of your education, your high levels of energy – these all speak to a special human being, and you are one of the few celebrities who deserve their stardom imho. Cheers!!

I’m sure this was a total JOKE!!!

Wow I barely recognize him (:

It’s a photo-shoot, it’s not like he wears this all the time or out in public! BTW, the cover pic doesn’t look like James. The other picture does look like James… O.o

Wow! He makes a attractive woman, kudos to him.

Wow! He makes a attractive woman, kudos to him.

how CAMP!? @ 10/06/2010 at 1:52 pm

I love it!

headradio @ 10/06/2010 at 2:23 pm

@mari: Guy Pearce is so dreamy……..sigh.

Lol, I don’t think James looks bad! Or uncomfortable?
Compare him to Adam http://eachurl.com/IF
& Brian http://i56.tinypic.com/1zv4lm0.jpg he looks just as fabulous! ;)

headradio @ 10/06/2010 at 2:26 pm

Actually, I think he’s channeling the amazing Tim Curry a bit lol

He’s chanelling Christina Aguilera.

omg..i totally thought this was Evan Rachel Wood…poor thing? What does that say about you sweetheart? Foot face? Drag Queen? At least Marylin Manson settled for you. Makes sense now. Thanks Jared.

WOW LOVE HIM. But Terry Richardson is disgusting tho

James is a hot guy. But he looks much better when he is not in drag.

he’s got betty davis eyes.

James Franco is so hot even in drag. I love him. I’m so happy that he’s doesn’t care what others think and he does something fresh and daring. Don’t let the girls have all the fun boys. Get crazy!

I’m beginning to think that this man is *****. I don’t care how people will respond to this but this man is starting to become really weird.

Vanessa X3 @ 10/06/2010 at 9:58 pm

And he wonders why some people call him gay?
Doesn’t like talking about girlfriends, played a gay character twice and likes to cross dress?
Hm, no idea at all.