Zack Snyder to Direct 'Superman' Reboot

Zack Snyder to Direct 'Superman' Reboot

Zack Snyder has been confirmed to direct the upcoming Superman remake.

“All I can is that this is super-awesome, and I’m super-excited, by every aspect of this. He’s Superman. He’s the king of the superheroes,” the 300 and Watchmen director tells EW.

Inception‘s Christopher Nolan, who also worked on the Batman franchise’s The Dark Knight, will produce the film, expected for a holiday 2012 release.

No word on who will play the popular DC Comics hero (Brandon Routh most recently took on the title character in 2006′s Superman Returns).

WHO DO YOU THINK should play the next Superman?

Credit: Frederick M. Brown; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Zack Snyder

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

wow he’s kinda hot

Tom Welling should play the Man of Steel. the only guy capable of taking over from Christopher Reeve. Routh has the charisma of a rock, no wonder Superman Returns suked!

Lorraine Titmuss @ 10/05/2010 at 7:57 am

They better not include Lex Luthor or General Zod in the new Superman movie or any Superman movies for a while. There are many Superman villains that have not been used in the movies but have been used on Smallville such as Bizarro, Brainiac, Doomsday, Metallo, Toyman and shortly, Darkseid. Other villains that they can use include Atomic Skull, Bloodsport, Bruno Mannheim, Conduit, Cyborg Superman, Faora, Gog, Imperiex, Intergang, Jax-Ur, Kryptonite Man, Livewire, Mala, Mercy Graves, Mongul, Morgan Edge, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Parasite, Prankster, Sam Lane, Silver Banshee, Solaris, Superboy-Prime, Superman Revenge Squad, Terra-Man, Titano, Ultra-Humanite, Ultraman.

Rebecca Honey @ 10/05/2010 at 7:59 am

I hope that they cast one of the below rising young actors as the new Superman:

Shia LaBeouf, Anton Yelchin, Zac Efron, Ed Westwick, Penn Badgley, Chad Michael Murray, Adam Brody, Thomas Dekker, Chace Crawford, Emile Hirsch, James Lafferty, Michael Cera.

Rebecca Honey @ 10/05/2010 at 8:01 am

They will probably cast one of the below rising young actresses as Lois Lane:

Mischa Barton, Rachel Bilson, Sophia Bush, Miley Cyrus, Kat Dennings, Hilary Duff, Blake Lively, Leighton Meester, Taylor Momsen, Ellen Page, Emma Roberts, Jessica Szohr, Evan Rachel Wood

Uh-oh. As much as I liked 300 and The Watchman (and I did), I am not sure that Snyder’s directorial style is what I want to see in the Superman reboot. All that weird slo-mo and violence and that whole “Zack Snyder” method is great in some movies, just not Superman. I am crossing my fingers that he recognizes this and stays as far away from it as possible. If character development is what you want, and Nolan won’t direct, then how about the Coen Brothers? Their stories always have great storytelling and character development.

enough with this boring superman crap

[I n F a m o u s l y C o o l] @ 10/05/2010 at 8:21 am

@Alias: …you’re a fcuking moron, shut up. superman returns sucked because of bryan singer (director), michael dougherty (writer), dan harris (writer), and kate bosworth-less. it would of been bad regardless who the actors were.. kate made it unbearable.
routh was the only good thing about the movie, and he should be giving the chance to play superman with a good script and director.

[I n F a m o u s l y C o o l] @ 10/05/2010 at 8:27 am

@SMM: …nolan is producing the film. he’ll be on zack’s ass throughout the whole process.

Thanks Aalan – just my opinion too.
I believe there are too many comic movies around – I can’t stand them anymore.
Oh, and I guess this will be in 3D :-(

I’m going for Adam Lambert as Superman. That would at leas be something REALLY different. :P

@Gaia & Alan – if you don’t wanna read it, THEN DON’T READ IT. No one forces you to read about Superman or leave a comment.

As for Snyder as the new addition, here’s that… I love either of them, Nolan and Snyder and I hope this movie will combine the best of both their styles (with less of slow-mo, blood and the usual… Superman is certainly not 300 or Watchmen).
As for the cast, my dream pairing for Lois/Sups would be Natalie Portman/Rick Malambri but there are many other names swirling around the internet… Manganiello or Hamm to mention two – while the 1st doesn’t look like Sups to me, the 2nd one is a little to old in my eyes, though he kinda has the look.
I really hope they come up with a brilliant cast, but knowing Nolan… that’s actually not to be questioned.

Brightside @ 10/05/2010 at 8:44 am

@Rebecca Honey:
But they’re all ugly!
How about Taylor Lautner? I know he’s gay but perfect as the-underpants-over-his-trousers kind of guy!

@ ools: Natalie Portman would make an excellent Lois Lane. Bosworthlessness destroyed my favorite comic book heroine.

Ana Maria @ 10/05/2010 at 8:47 am

TOM WELLING! for sure should play the Man of Steel!

“Yeah! TOM WELLIING should play the Man of Steel. the only guy capable of taking over from Christopher Reeve. Routh has the charisma of a rock, no wonder Superman Returns suked!”

I agree with this comment.

Tom Welling is very capable ans has taken over the role of Clark Kent to perfection, he has talent not only for acting but for producing and making this the right way!

Besides, I can’t picture any other person than Erica Durance as Lois Lane, this girl is our generation’s Lois Lane and she does it great!

Dianna Knows Best @ 10/05/2010 at 8:53 am

Henry Cavill for Superman!
Rachel McAdams for Lois Lane!
FTW!

I gotta say I would love to see:

TOM Welling as Superman and
Erica DURANCE as Lois Lane!!!

That would be AWESOME!

sh3hat3me @ 10/05/2010 at 9:23 am

Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Clack Kent/Superman
Jackie Earle Haley as Brainiac
Oliva Wilde – Lois Lane
Kevin Spacey – Lex Luther

Tom Welling (Smallville) needs to play Superman in the new movie.
Tom Welling is the best choice!

the african darkside @ 10/05/2010 at 10:05 am

As a black guy,the superman character,and the movie theme song have always been inspiring. In my opinion,not many a-list young hollywood actors posses the proper”wholesome”or moral well-being. image to play superman. Mr Routh had that “church going “type of image and that is what needed in addition to good acting skills.

@InFamouslyRetarded – Kate Bosworth was worse than that statue Routh, what the fck did you watch. Margot Kidder at her age could have done better!! So go get you frickin eyes checked or send out an APB for your brain because you don’t know what the Fk you’re talking about you TROLL!! Marlon Brando was the best thing about Superman Returns, that’s how bad it was!!

At Least Tom Welling doesn’t need to wear blue eye contacts like that wax figure Routh. Routh tried to be Chris Reeve and failed miserably, he wasn’t even Dean Cain!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All